Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

I tried to call yesturday, but he didn't answer his phone which I am not surprised. I will try again tommorrow. Today I have work to do.

I really do hope I fine someone. Maybe I will when I back in San Diego.

Yesturday I found a Starbucks! :laugh: I bought a French Press. The coffee is very good. I would high recommand it to anyone. The coffee that comes out strong, but not bitter. :rolleyes:

I have finial talk to ex. For the most I did get my questions answered. In the end I just missed him. I will move on, but this will be harder than I thought it would be.

Whats that old song I will servive (spelled wrong)

and you will.

Got to have faith dawn.

I have finial talk to ex.  For the most I did get my questions answered.  In the end I just missed him.  I will move on, but this will be harder than I thought it would be.

337709[/snapback]

Unfortunately Odie, nothing worthwhile is ever easy to go through. Stiff upper lip and all that stuff

I'm sure you will make the best descision for you.

Maybe or maybe not, but I will still be his friend. Its very hard to long term friendship in the Navy. At least for me.

Odie, relationships in the navy or any service, are a real pain to maintain. Especially now where units are rotating faster in and out of commitments. Y'kinda want them, but when a deployment happens, it makes both people in the relationship miserable with the separation. If you can stay friendly that's a great thing. Best of luck with what ever you do Odie. Just trust yourself to do the right thing. Most of the time you will do it

Military is very hard relasonships. I am glad that we can still be friends, and right now that is more important to me.

I have left Sydney. I have fun while I was inport. The city and the whole country were very cool. If I have to pick another country that I would want to live Australia would be in the top 5.

There is one big difference Australia has that I wish United States would have and that is quality of the food. It is much more healthier than what is found in United States stories all around. There food has little or no artificial favors, color, add hormones, and preventives. Yes, the life of the product is much shorter, but it did taste better than I would have thought. Even in the fast food places their selection of health food is much large than what you find in the States. There fruit drinks have nothing but fruit in it. There is no adding sugar and percentage of fruit in the product. Maybe if our food in the States where like that I would we have to face the problems with over weight and obesity. When I am back in the States my diet will change too much more healthier selection to what I have found Australia. I don’t care if it costs me more, because I will be eating healthier that what I would normal eat.

I'm not guessing you were able to get any pictures? I envy you; I really want to go to Australia at some point.

Anyways, I hope you have a great week, Dawn. :)

I do have pictures. It just I really don't have the time to post them. :)

I am now on the island of Guam. It is an US territory since the 1890's. Have been very busy at work.

I am now on the island of Guam. It is an US territory since the 1890's. Have been very busy at work.

Yesterday night I went out to the base club. I was with a friend and to get a few beers. When I walked into I saw few members of my command that where there and started to talk. One thing led to another and I was having shots. It was fun, but I was wasted from it. I also got a hang over this morning.

Hi Odie! Hope all is going well on your cruise. You must be busy, but are hopefully enjoying the experience as well :rolleyes: . Take care!

Hi everyone! B) Sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I have been very busy at work. B) B) I miss posting here, but work must come first.

*starts singing* It's a small fleet, after all, It's a small fleet after all...

So, Rusty, You're also on the Jones? Did QM1 "Odie" Con you into joining our little universe here?

Anyways, It's good to hear from our deployed shipmates anytime...

Well, It is good to hear from both of you. Honestly, I miss sea duty (As long as it's on a surface ship. I've tried the Submarine Thing...one tour of duty on a boomer was enough for me)

This deployment has not been easy for me. :naughty: Right now I am depressed which is seriously affecting my professional and personal life. Tomorrow I might see someone about it. :lol:

Deployments can be rough, and I imagine they are rougher on a small or medium sized ship where there are less people who still have to get everything done on schedule. Hang in there Odie. It is always a good idea to talk to someone, particularly a professional, when you need some help or need to gain perspective on events in your life. Relax as much as you can. Your efforts are appreciated and you have friends who care about you! Please take care of yourself.