Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

:assimilated: Congratulations Odie! Good luck also on dealing with your allergies (I'm having more problems with mine last year and this year too) Please do keep us up to date!

Hard to imagine it's been almost a year since you kept us updated, Dawn. How's the baby doing? How're you doing? How's adjusting to being a Naval mother treating you?

(anyone who's spoken to her recently, and knows what's up, that'd be appreciated too!)

Must have been the one that I either missed or was late for.

Anyways, welcome back Odie.

Odie still comes to the site but for some mysterious reason, doesn't post nearly as much as she used to. Its a real shame. I guess she's just getting bored with us....... :laugh:

Sorry everyone for not posting as much as I used, but I am very busy with my son and work. In the last month my responsibilities at work grew, not that I am complaining but it makes long hours at work. :bow: My husband is deployed to the Middle East, and my brother who is helping me out had to go home, Buffalo, for month, had made my life every so much fun. Alexander is about ready to crawl and tooth that is about ready to come in! :laugh: With in a week his first tooth will fully in. With him teething and stay up more it takes a lot of time and energy out of me. By time he is asleep at night 9 out 10 times I am out cold with the T.V. on in the living room. Astro does not help matter, because he is asleep with me. :look:

Glad to see you're still with us, Odie! I hope things ease up on you soon.. :laugh:

My "biggest" problem right now is that Astro is afraid of Alexander's hand. One day my husband was sitting down on the sofa with our son along with Astro. Alexander pulled Astro's ear. Of course Astro cried and drive under our bed. Now I have to find away get Astro stop being afraid of Alexander.

I may be wrong but I think that this is the first time you've mentioned that you had a husband, Odie. Did you marry before or after Alexander was born? I've always wondered if you married the father of your baby but I figured it was your business and I wasn't going to ask unless you brought it up. but now that you've brought it up............. :laugh:

I had one fun Navy day! :laugh: This morning my division had a pre uniform inspection. Almost everyone was not ready for it! It is not like we did not tell them last week to get their uniform ready, and treat the mock one as a real one. No someone did not bother to shave, did not iron their shirt and pants, no name tags on their pants, hair out of regs, and so on and so forth. If they had their uniform inspection ready there would not be re-inspection on Friday. How freaking difficult is it to iron your uniform, get a hair cut, and polish their boots? :laugh:

Now for the rest of my morning...

Last week I found a wart on my top of my son's foot. Then it spread to his arm, and his neck. I scheduled appointment to see his doctor, and wonder if anything that can be done. The neck one is red, and bothers me, not Alexander, more than anything else. It takes me about 10 minutes to get to his daycare than another 15 minutes to go the doctor. Waited in the waiting room for another 5 minutes (record time for my son's doctor :( ) just to be with doctor less than a minute. She told me there is nothing that can be done, and it will clear up in a few months. If feel I wasted time and three dollars for parking. :( On the bright side my morning went by fast.

My afternoon...

At 1 o'clock there was a reenlistment. While standing in attention my leg cramp up. :tear: Of course the reenlisting officer gave a long speech. Right after the ceremony I went found a seat to relax the muscles. I am glad someone gave the reenlistment cake. :P My leg still bothers me.

Now for the rest of my afternoon...

I looked my keys in the car. Sometimes carrying my son and other items to my apartment sometimes I leave my keys in the car. The locksmith came with 15 minutes.

Since July 4th I have not been feeling very well. :biggrin: I had trouble keeping my food down. The doctor said it is the stomach flu and it will take a couple days to get over it. Yeah, stomach flu in the summer. Funny. Joy. It is so hard to keep hydrated with this heat when my stomach does not anything in it. Today I am starting feel like I am almost a human.

Astro got birthday card from VPI Pet Insurance. This month he turned 5.

Hope you feel better soon Odie

:biggrin: Astro

I've just changed my car insurance and saved $100 a month. I called my old insurance to tell them I canceled and they tried to see if I would change my mind. Basically I was paying too much, and I need to spend my money more wisely. The big bill have this month is the car payment! :biggrin: