Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

Today I was official diagnose with have depression. I had see by two doctors today. The process was painful for me. They prescript me Zoloft and I were told to take it before I go to bed. I hope it helps me out.

I hope it helps you too. Perhaps some day you will explain how you went from being excited going from port to port to getting depressed to the point of needing medication?

Yeah I would like to know as well. I am here for you as well sister! I had depression for awhile, and now i still feel that way from time to time. I will pray for you.

it should help hun, depression isn't fun, I've been there. I fyou would like someown to talk about itto. YOu know where I am.

Odie/Dawn,

You know that I am one who will always be there. I am glad that you are finally getting help. I has been a rough couple of months for us we will keep this freindship together, just because we have been through so much together.

RustyPelican/Ryan

Ryan left the command early this morning. We had our final meal together on the mess decks. I helped him move his bags from the berthing to the van. Even though he gone for few short hours I miss him very much. :inlove:

I am sitting in the Narita Airport during my 7&1/2 hour layover and I am having a real hardtime with the deserter syndrome, that I thought that I had under control. I enjoyed our breakfast this morning and thank you for your help with my seabags. Keep looking up Dawn. The Meds will work. You always have a friend in me.

So far the meds I was given to starting to work. I am starting to feel like my oldself. I still have some problems with the meds, but they are lessing everyday.

This is the second day without feeling depressed. It is good not to feel that way. Hopefully it will last for awhile.

I will try, but there will be days when I can't post for whatever reason.

Not only I have problems with depression, but I also have sleeping problems. It is so fun to wake up on the hour for the 4 months. With the meds that I am on its starting to get better. Last night was not a good night. I kept waking up serval times. Its very annoying to say the least. I just can't wait until I am in San Diego and see someone about it. I really don't know how long I can continue not getting a full nights sleep.

Its such a shame. I remember when you started your cruise you were all excited and happy about the places you were going to and now look at you.........I hope you feel better soon.

I am slowly getting better with the meds. So far the only thing I know that I have is chemical imbalance that causing me lots of problems. I have lost lot of weight in a short period, and that causes me some concern. I just can't wait until I am San Diego and see someone that can tell what is wrong. For now I know the meds are working for me.

I will be in San Diego very soon. Sorry, I can't give out the date.

I knoiw but I'll be good and not give it out. I hope that you find a good doc. Remember even though you are military you can still ask for a different doc if it does not work for you.

You better not give out the date! I know if the first doctor I see doesn't work out I can see another one. I just can't wait until I am in San Diego and get the process started.

I have found out today that I have lost little bit over 30 pounds during the deployment! :( I still need to loose more weight. I have little over 10 pounds to loose.

Well there you go! Depression is good for something! Its an effective weight-loss treatment!...lol

I'm glad you are feeling better. Depression is very tough and I know that from personal experience. You have one more person to talk to about it if you need too, Odie. Please take care of yourself. Hope you get back to SD soon.

I am almost back to San Diego. The ship had cross the International Date Line. Now I am in the west and not in the east. :P The ship has been in heavy seas for the last few days. Last night while trying to get some sleep I pulled my muscle in my back. I almost fell out of my rack. :P I really can't wait for the heavy sea to be over with.

I am in Hawaii again!! The ship will only be here for a short time. Not long enough in my time. I have to take a vaction here next year. :lol: