Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

WOW! That blind date worked out better than expected!....j/k

Congratulations Odie!....You will make a great mother!

Congrats, QM1! I'll have to redirect his Lieutenant-ness to this thread, so he can also send his congrats. I personally don't know much about having kids, but I've seen how much they have enriched the lives of my two brothers. Good luck, Odie.

Holy cow, Odie. I'm ecstatic for you!! My mother's stint in the service was terminated by her pregnancy with my oldest brother (back in the days of Vietnam).

But wow. I'm so happy for you, I think I'm gonna have sympathy labor pains for you!!! *squeals delightedly*

Congratulations, Odie. This will be the toughest job of your life, I'm warning you now. Serving 6 months at sea on a Destroyer has NOTHING on being a parent. But, I think you will do well. And please, keep us upraised of how things go.

I am happy for you! I am not sure if I want to have kids, but if I were to I would make sure that Medical preprations would be taking care of.

youbroughtheryouRiker, JP, Ryan, and Odo thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

There is one member of my family that I am very concern with and that is Astro. I am not how he will react when I will start to get bigger and when I should start to prepare him for the baby. I don't want him to over reacted by the baby.

I knew there was a good reason why I came online :dude:

CONGRATULATIONS, DAWN!

I am so happy for you!

Good luck and best wishes. Here's a little congratulations gift:

100_5271web%20small.jpg

:dude: :) :( :) :dude:

Congrats, Odie! The next few months are going to be tough, but the next 18 years will definately be the ride of your life. Bill Cosby's right, kids will say the darndest things, sometimes they'll make you smile, or laugh out loud, or make you really mad, but Kids are one of life's great joys. Definately keep us up to date with your progress.

Thanks, Cara! :) :dude:

*Smiles ear to ear* Anytime, Dawn. Keep us updated! :dude:

Congrats, Odie! The next few months are going to be tough, but the next 18 years will definately be the ride of your life. Bill Cosby's right, kids will say the darndest things, sometimes they'll make you smile, or laugh out loud, or make you really mad, but Kids are one of life's great joys. Definately keep us up to date with your progress.

I promise I will keep everyone up to date on the progress. Right there are some stuff that bothers me, and white grape juice makes me sick. :) So far the morning sicks is slowly getting worse. :dude:

I am off the ship for good! :( I will be checking into Temorary Personnel Unit until I get a new set of orders to a shore duty in San Diego.

Mint, in particualr mint tea is particulary good t quelling nausea, erm light crackers and water. But yeah Mint is very very good, you can drink mint tea hot or cold, just no adding milk K.

Thanks for the suggesting mint tea. Mint tea is one of my favorites. :dude:

Since I am no long on the ship and now I have lots of free time on my hands. I am going back and taking some college class and take some CLEP tests on the subjects that I know that I will pass without any problems.

Wow, congratulations Dawn! My positive thoughts and prayers are with you. San Diego is a great town to be in and the mild weather (compared to much of the country) should be good for you. Take care! :borg2:

Cara, Dawn is expecting. She shouldn't drink while pregnant, so I'll have to confiscate those spirits that the bear is carrying. And I'll have to dispose of it properly.

Which reminds me, anyone got any Brie?

And Dawn, just remember, the morning sickness will end soon.

Then come the swelling, cramps, headaches, tension, irritability....and you can see why they don't let me be Lamase (sp?) coach. :borg2: On the bright side though, by the eighth or ninth month, you'll have the cleanest office, car, billet, and clothes on-base!!!

Yeah, I'm not much help, am I?

I've learned from experience, YBHYR, after having 3 kids, NEVER remind a woman what she's got to deal with while she's pregnant. It usually just translates into more pain for you. Well, maybe not in your case, but you get the picture...

Cara, Dawn is expecting. She shouldn't drink while pregnant, so I'll have to confiscate those spirits that the bear is carrying. And I'll have to dispose of it properly.

Which reminds me, anyone got any Brie?

And Dawn, just remember, the morning sickness will end soon.

Then come the swelling, cramps, headaches, tension, irritability....and you can see why they don't let me be Lamase (sp?) coach. B) On the bright side though, by the eighth or ninth month, you'll have the cleanest office, car, billet, and clothes on-base!!!

Yeah, I'm not much help, am I?

She just said mint tea. I had lots of it when I was in Europe. Very good tea. I know morning sickness will end soon.

Thanks for reminding me. :borg2:

OK sorry for the drink I didn't know that you can't drink whilst pregnant :borg2:

Cara, that is alright I know your heart was in the right place. B)

I've just bought some food from my hometown. I can't wait to get it!

Hey, Odie, did you get your orders yet? By the way, there is a DCSN at Great Lakes who probably wishes I hadn't had to go down there today. Because of me (Or rather, my truck's base stickers), he got in trouble.

I just found out today that I am pregnant for the first time.

*JAW DROP*...that was a spit ball to the jaw...lol

B) congrates this is great news dawn!!!!...i wont stick my nose in but was it planned?...anyway who cares if it was planned or not the main thing is if your happy,which i hope you are coz take it from me since Mandy came into the world my life has changed 100 times over,she is the best thing that has ever happened to me and debbie :borg2: ...debbie says congrates as well and if you need any tips just pm her she would be happy to share her experiance B)

Guess this means you wont be Admiral of the 7th fleet now?..hehe