Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

I see. I saw something about it on Mail Call, and heard someone discussing it during my last drill weekend. Then again, the closest I'VE ever been to Sea Duty was driving a RHIB in an Iraqi Port.

I believe at one time everyone was to have GPS locaters, but with budget cut backs I think it got killed. I really hate budget cut backs. :unsure: I am in the US military and I have to face budget cutbacks to support the war. When will the rest of the country start supporting the war. Maybe there should be an increase in taxes so I don't have to worry about getting all supplies that I need for the deployment. Or even better stop putting off maintenance because at the last minute the funds that where budget for it got cut because it was needed to support the war. Okay, I am done with my little rant. I have to wait until July 1st to get some of my supplies for the division, and even then it doesn't mean that I will get any of it.

I understand how you feel. Even in Iraq it's like that. When I was driving a RHIB, we had a .50 cal that was SUPPOSED to have 400 or 600 rounds of ammunition. I don't recall ever leaving with that much ammo. Appearently, the Army and the Marines needed the Ammo for THEIR .50s.

When will the rest of the country start supporting the war.

Believe me, most of the country DOES support the war. However, we have no control over the budget. I'm starting to wonder if Rumsfeld supports the war or not. He doesn't seem too interested in ending the war. I would gladly pay more taxes if it meant getting our servicemen and women the equiptment they need to properly do their jobs.

By the way, you never answered my question about San Diego?

When will the rest of the country start supporting the war.

Believe me, most of the country DOES support the war. However, we have no control over the budget. I'm starting to wonder if Rumsfeld supports the war or not. He doesn't seem too interested in ending the war. I would gladly pay more taxes if it meant getting our servicemen and women the equiptment they need to properly do their jobs.

By the way, you never answered my question about San Diego?

335477[/snapback]

SeaWorld, Seaport Village, Old Town, Balboa Park are the main attractions there.

Sorry, but right now I am currently deployed and not in San Diego. I have only been in San Diego for 2 months before the ship went underway. I won't get back until the end of the year.

My ship added a new feature to the LAN! We can know listen to music on it! It is very much like internet radio. It was all modern music. There is alternative, country, hip hop, pop, R&B, and rock. It is so cool to do my work and listen to music at the same time.

Good deal! Listening to music while you work can make the time go by faster - unless it's music you don't like, then the work shift seems like it will never end! :unsure:

I am glad there are many different choices to listen to and not just one selection of someone else favorites. I can almost listen to anything.

"This is Radio Navy, your source for all the latest hits, and the good ol' good ones, By Sailors, for Sailors. THis broadcast is brought to you by our sponsors at the Department of the Navy, and the Department of Defense. any reproduction, rebroadcast, or recording of this broadcast without the express written permission of the Department of the Navy or the Chief of Naval Operations is prohibited..."

I am still waiting to hear Anchors Away. :unsure:

I would strongly suggest to take the batteries away. <_<

Right now the ship is in heavy sea! :unsure: We are rock and rolling! Guess what I only got sea sick once without most unpleasant part of it. :lol: Right now seas looks very angry. :wow:

My ex has apologized for what he had done to me in San Diego. For the most part I want to believe him, but right now I can't. I really want to know why he waited 3 months to tell me that he was sorry for the way he treated me. Like it would make a difference to me, and right now it doesn't. He can say he is sorry until he is blue in the face it won't make up the loss time. The only thing he is doing to me is bring me down by his apologizing. Why am I the one who has to feel quilty over what had happen between us?

This cough I have is very annoying! It starting to make look like a smoker, and I had never smoke once in my life. It looks like if I am not over the cough by next week I might have to go to medical. There are times when I can't talk, because the only I am doing is coughing. Very annoying. :P

I had been sick as well and having problems in the world of love! It seems that you and I are in the same boat lol. But I would just let him suffer. If it takes a guy that long to realize that he was wrong than he is a MAJOR dumb***.

This cough I have is very annoying!  It starting to make look like a smoker, and I had never smoke once in my life.  It looks like if I am not over the cough by next week I might have to go to medical.  There are times when I can't talk, because the only I am doing is coughing.  Very annoying.  :P

336623[/snapback]

Is anyone else on board sick?

I had been sick as well and having problems in the world of love! It seems that you and I are in the same boat lol. But I would just let him suffer. If it takes a guy that long to realize that he was wrong than he is a MAJOR dumb***.

336661[/snapback]

Why does it seem men make relationships more difficult than it needs to be? I really never ask much from other than he doesn't go out try to hurt me. The only thing I wanted to do for him is make him happy. In end I am the one that is hurting. I will call on him sometime this week to what up and hopefully he will answer so questions of mine.

Odie, if I could, I'd offer you a few shots of the Cuervo Especial I've been drinking. Men can be real jerks. Ya just gotta find the right one.

I'm glad to hear you are better.

I was just reading an earlier post. it is truly fortunate that the person who fell off the aircraft carrier was found. If they went in the drink from the flight deck it makes the story more fantastic the flight deck is 70 feet from the water. Hitting the water from that height is like hitting cement.

It does help if the person who falls overboard wants to be found. Man overboard coming over the 1mc is a frightening thing to hear especially when you hear "this is not a drill"

As far as your ex ask yourself :"If I go back, will the same stuff happen? If it does can I tolerate it?" Psychologically, the best predictor of the future, is the past. people do change, but, not often, Especially if they feel they really did nothing wrong in the first place. So be careful Odie.

Continue doing the great job we know you do. Also for heavens sake take care and get healthy. Please

Odie, if I could, I'd offer you a few shots of the Cuervo Especial I've been drinking. Men can be real jerks. Ya just gotta find the right one.

336807[/snapback]

Coffee! :lol: I hope someday I will find the right person.

I'm glad to hear you are better.

I was just reading  an earlier post.  it is truly fortunate that the person who fell off the aircraft carrier was found.  If they went in the drink from the flight deck it makes the story more fantastic the flight deck is 70 feet from the water.  Hitting the water from that height is like hitting cement.  

It does help if the person who falls overboard wants to be found.  Man overboard  coming over the 1mc is a frightening thing to hear especially when you hear "this is not a drill"

As far as your ex ask yourself :"If I go back, will the same stuff happen? If it does can I tolerate it?"  Psychologically, the best predictor of the future, is the past.  people do change, but, not often, Especially if they feel they really did nothing wrong in the first place.  So be careful Odie.

Continue doing the great job we know you do. Also for heavens sake take care and get healthy.  Please

336808[/snapback]

He did say he was wrong, but I just can't trust him anymore. I can't be with someone if I don't trust them. I just want to hear what he has to say. It's easy to send an e-mail and say your sorry, but its different if you talk to the person.

Why does it seem men make relationships more difficult than it needs to be? I really never ask much from other than he doesn't go out try to hurt me. The only thing I wanted to do for him is make him happy. In end I am the one that is hurting. I will call on him sometime this week to what up and hopefully he will answer so questions of mine.

If it were the right relationship, it wouldn't be difficult.

Obviously this guy is not good enough for you Odie, and hold onto your self esteem, someone who will love and adore you and want to make YOU happy will turn up just as soon as you relax and enjoy life. :lol:

Remember, if a guy gets complacent, then he's just not for you. He's going to WANT to make you feel his love daily, and not EXPECT you to know and be everything.

Also, the only person who can make someone else happy is no one.

Being happy comes from within.

Finding a partner only inhances the happiness.

He did say he was wrong, but I just can't trust him anymore. I can't be with someone if I don't trust them. I just want to hear what he has to say. It's easy to send an e-mail and say your sorry, but its different if you talk to the person.

Relationships are weird. I've seen some odd ones in my time. . Being that every one is different the right solution to a problem is never the same for anyone. You have the right of it, you have to hear it face to face, so you can gauge the sincerity. So best of luck when you meet again. Take everything with the appropriate grain of salt and decide then.

If it were the right relationship, it wouldn't be difficult.

Obviously this guy is not good enough for you Odie, and hold onto your self esteem, someone who will love and adore you and want to make YOU happy will turn up just as soon as you relax and enjoy life. :lol:

Remember, if a guy gets complacent, then he's just not for you. He's going to WANT to make you feel his love daily, and not EXPECT you to know and be everything.

Also, the only person who can make someone else happy is no one.

Being happy comes from within.

Finding a partner only inhances the happiness.

336980[/snapback]

Before I moved to San Diego it wasn't difficult at all. I was very happy when I had any time with him. When I finished talking to him my commad knew right away I was with him. I still have feelings for him, but I am moving on without him. It took to long for him to say he was sorry and to mean it.

Relationships are weird. I've seen some odd ones in my time. . Being that every one is different the right solution to a problem is never the same for anyone. You have the right of it, you have to hear it face to face, so you can gauge the sincerity. So best of luck when you meet again. Take everything with the appropriate grain of salt and decide then.

336993[/snapback]

I really hope I do find someone that is right for me.

Yesterday I went volunteering trip to clean out vines from small area. It was funny, now cough even worse. :lol: Today is the day I call my ex. I hope he will answer his phone. :hug: