Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

It's not really affecting it that much. Everyone needs some time off. Sunday is the perfect day for it.

Corpsmen need their time off too.

But that really stinks getting sick on ship. There is almost no way you can avoid getting the cold de jour on ship. Ships are sort of built for contagion. Everybody in close together. I'm willing to bet if your corpsman wanted to do a study of the sickness, he could trace the flow compartment by compartment, division by division.

In many ways its fun to watch people going down with this cold. :lol: But its not fun when I have it. B) I really don't think that they will trace it down. Most of the crew has it, some starting to get over it, and other will get it in time. I am glad that I have it when the ship is underway. It would suck big time if I have it inport. *Note to body get over the cold before next port visit. B) *

No corpsman would be crazy enough to do it. One of my main jobs when I was in was Preventive medicine. We talked a lot about the spread of disease and tracking it, mostly in the context of VD,but the process works with all contagious diseases

Ater all that hope you feel better real soon and are hitting on all cylinders by the next liberty port. Take care Odie

I still don't feel well. Yesturday I was SIQ (Sick in Quarters). That means no work. I really didn't get much rest as I would like and hope for, but I will get better soon.

I just found out I had the flu that I got from my last port visit. :( :bored:

Dawn is a pretty name, I was going to name my oldest child Terra Dawn. She ended up with her mothers middle name instead. This really has nothing to do with you being sick. I thought it would be something else to say other than wish you were feeling better. I do however hope you are feeling better

Dawn is a pretty name, I was going to name my oldest child Terra Dawn. She ended up with her mothers middle name instead. This really has nothing to do with you being sick. I thought it would be something else to say other than wish you were feeling better. I do however hope you are feeling better

333149[/snapback]

Thanks. :lol:

Corpsmen need their time off too. 

But that really stinks getting sick on ship.  There is almost no way you can avoid getting the cold de jour on ship.  Ships are sort of built for contagion.  Everybody in close together.  I'm willing to bet if your corpsman wanted to do a study of the sickness, he could trace the flow compartment by compartment, division by division.

332053[/snapback]

From what I here, it's pretty bad on Surface ships, but it is terrible with Submarines. One person gets sick, everybody else does. There is just no way to avoid it.

Yeah, it can get really bad on boards ships. Its even worse when the ship is underway, because work still needs to get done.

Dawn the letter i sent you came back

listed wrong address.

used the first one you sent

know better now. will resend it with the second address you sent me

sorry. you keep happy

you will get my letter promise

I would like to thank Kerry for the sig.  It looks great!  :hug:  :hug:

*reads the log days after :) *

Thankie ya! :lol: I like to make gifts for peoples on their special days :lol: I made a gift for Dan & Debbie too :huh: Dan wears it proudly :lol:

*waves to all* *is free for gift making*

Right now I am having problems with one member of my division. He is a good kid and works hard. Right now he seems to get himself deeper and deeper into trouble. There will come a time if he keeps this up where I will not be able to help him. :)

I really can't, but he is making it hard for the division.

Today is another long workday for me. I am still under the weather with this annoying cough. It really doesn't want to go away.

I got some e-mails from ex saying that he was sorry for the way he had treated me when I was in San Diego. Most of the reasons that he given me where just simple bull sh!t excuses. I really don't know why but I am bummed out about them. :jaw:

Today is another long workday for me.  I am still under the weather with this annoying cough.  It really doesn't want to go away. 

I got some e-mails from ex saying that he was sorry for the way he had treated me when I was in San Diego.  Most of the reasons that he given me where just simple bull sh!t excuses.  I really don't know why but I am bummed out about them.  :jaw:

334811[/snapback]

I hope you feel better soon. Can your ships doctor give you anything?

Ex's seem to have that effect on people. I should know....:jaw:

I am taking medication for the cough. Its just taking longer for me to get over it. :jaw:

Hi Dawn sorry to hear you are not feeling well

feel better that's a order. :jaw:

Hope you feel better soon,Dawn. If you get a chance, let me know what cool things there are to do in San diego. I'll be going there next month.

Thanks, everyone. I am slowly getting better. :P

I had a very interesting night! One of the ships that around the ship that I am had a man overboard! They had someone fall into water. The distance from where they had fallen was very high. The person was picked up with 10 to 15 minutes after falling into the ocean. I don't know if the person has any injuries, but he is safe and sound. He/she was very lucky to have been picked up at night. It gets very hard to find a person in the ocean at night. :unsure:

It was from the flight deck of an aircraft carrier. :unsure:

Thanks, everyone.  I am slowly getting better.  :P

I had a very interesting night! One of the ships that around the ship that I am had a man overboard! They had someone fall into water.  The distance from where they had fallen was very high. The person was picked up with 10 to 15 minutes after falling into the ocean. I don't know if the person has any injuries, but he is safe and sound. He/she was very lucky to have been picked up at night. It gets very hard to find a person in the ocean at night.  :unsure:

335259[/snapback]

Wow that person was indeed lucky. To fall from that distance and at night is scary.

Was he standing a watch or just got too close to the edge of the deck and have a swell topple him I wonder?

Glad you are feeling better!

Carrier Flight Decks are pretty high up...but he or she is lucky to be found. But as I understand it now, the Navy has a new system that that they give sailors with a GPS locator and a strobe light on it, both of which are supposed to be waterproofed pretty good.

Carrier Flight Decks are pretty high up...but he or she is lucky to be found. But as I understand it now, the Navy has a new system that that they give sailors with a GPS locator and a strobe light on it, both of which are supposed to be waterproofed pretty good.

335268[/snapback]

Not yet. At least I don't have one. For other who work out doors like the flight deck they get a life jacket that expands by CO2 when gets wet by salt water, cem light that glows green, strobe light, and a whisle. I have yet seen a GPS locator for everyday sailor like myself.