Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

B) Being friends with an ex is like smacking your hand because your foot hurts. It is still pain just different place. I was suprised to hear that, but of course is was an observation I made from the picture you posted. It is your picture? Thanks for the welcome B)

321585[/snapback]

It is very much a picture of me.

And a very good morning to you my friend.

Hope you have a B) on your face today.

Like i said its his loss.

I feel much better now that I had the talk with him. It was very important to me that I tell him how I feel and hopefully he understands now. If we continue as friends its up to him. Right now I have a deployment to look forward to. B)

I have just finished the Navy Brief. Man the place was packed. There where too many people in that room for it to be safe. B)

The brief went well, but I have a headache from it. B)

I am so glad that I had that talk with my ex yesturday. It feels like weight has been lifted from my shoulders. The angry and hurt that I was feeling before the talk has become little more easier to bear. I still have them and they will take time to heal. I really didn't want to have these feeling when during the deployment.

For right now the ship is still has internet connection, and that can change at any time. That also means I can send a post or two for right now. I have been very busy. I just got off watch on the bridge. I was on my feet for 8 hours straight. :blink: To say they are hurting is a understatement! :yahoo:

I Know ow it fels to be n your feet for 8 hours and more, and my work shoes suck, I need to get some gel insoles or something

I wonder how the Star Trek bridge went on... Well I have to say you are very dedicated, Odie, good luck with your job and I hope all goes well with your ex. :blink: :yahoo:

Second day underway report:

So far the internet connection is up and running smoothly. :clap: So far I haven't gotton sea sick! :blink: My legs are sore from standing my watches, but was expecting that to happen anyway. I haven't stood a bridge watch in over a year. The watches are starting to get easy for me to do. I have one person down due sickness. At least he picked a good day to get sick. On Sundays it holiday schedule, and that means crew just stand their watches only. It is to give everyone a break. Well, almost everyone. I still have lots of work to do. I am only going to work a few hours and take a nap before my next watch. :yahoo:

I wonder how the Star Trek bridge went on... Well I have to say you are very dedicated, Odie, good luck with your job and I hope all goes well with your ex.  :clap:  :yahoo:

322254[/snapback]

Its going better than I hope it would with my ex. :blink:

Glad to see you can still pop in and say hello.

good to hear all is going well.

I am glad things are going well on ship. I can't imagine being part of the forces, but it seeems to suit you well.

Congratulations on being underway! :yahoo: Also congrats on not being seasick. :clap: The worst I ever felt was just a bit of a headache. Guess I was lucky. :blink: But I was only on 1 full cruise. As we were starting the second one our squadron was dumped off in Hawaii so that the carrier (Hancock) could rush to Vietnam to help pick up some of the last people to get out beore the fall of Saigon and Vietnam. Some days it doesn't seem like that was 30 years ago (just this month). And other days it certainly seems that long ago! :look:

Well take care, Odie. Be safe and enjoy your deployment. Keep in touch when you can!

Glad to see you can still pop in and say hello.

good to hear all is going well.

322350[/snapback]

Its no problem for me stop and say every once in awhile.

I am glad things are going well on ship. I can't imagine being part of the forces, but it seeems to suit you well.

322352[/snapback]

When I first joined I though I just stay in for my first 4 years. Than I found a job that I really like so I am still in. I am still not sure if I am going to retire from it.

Congratulations on being underway! :yahoo: Also congrats on not being seasick. :clap: The worst I ever felt was just a bit of a headache.  Guess I was lucky.  :blink:  But I was only on 1 full cruise.  As we were starting the second one our squadron was dumped off in Hawaii so that the carrier (Hancock) could rush to Vietnam to help pick up some of the last people to get out beore the fall of Saigon and Vietnam.  Some days it doesn't seem like that was 30 years ago (just this month).  And other days it certainly seems that long ago!   :look:

Well take care, Odie.  Be safe and enjoy your deployment.  Keep in touch when you can!

322389[/snapback]

Thanks. So what was your rate?

Glad to hear that.

By the way I did get your revised address thanks.

Now all i have to do is remember how to write a letter. :yahoo:

Have a great day.

Good luck on the deployment Odie!! Are you going to join the Salty Seafisherman's club?

Also I'm glad you had a talk with the ex. Hold you head high and be proud of the way you've handled things!

I Know ow it fels to be n your feet for 8 hours and more, and my work shoes suck, I need to get some gel insoles or something

322251[/snapback]

I know these shoes are expensive, but I swear they are the most comfy shoes I have ever ever had the pleasure of wearing.

http://www.bornshoes.com/

I am on my feet at work and I wear these, when not needing heels :yahoo: though their boots work well with skirts.

But my feet never hurt, nor does my lower back, which usually does hurt after about 5 hours on my feet.

As I said, expensive, but worth every penny I spend on them.

Glad to hear that.

By the way I did get your revised address thanks.

Now all i have to do is remember how to write a letter. :naughty:

Have a great day.

322402[/snapback]

I look forward to reading any mail that you send.

Good luck on the deployment Odie!!  Are you going to join the Salty Seafisherman's club?

Also I'm glad you had a talk with the ex.  Hold you head high and be proud of the way you've handled things!

322251[/snapback]

I know these shoes are expensive, but I swear they are the most comfy shoes I have ever ever had the pleasure of wearing.

http://www.bornshoes.com/

I am on my feet at work and I wear these, when not needing heels :laugh: though their boots work well with skirts.

But my feet never hurt, nor does my lower back, which usually does hurt after about 5 hours on my feet.

As I said, expensive, but worth every penny I spend on them.

322404[/snapback]

Thanks for the web site even though I can't wear any other them on the ship.

They have to black leather steel toe boots. I have to wear them for safety reasons.

It not really much of problem. I do cushin inserts, but standing for 8 hours was to much.

Congratulations on being underway! :laugh: Also congrats on not being seasick. :hug: The worst I ever felt was just a bit of a headache.  Guess I was lucky.  B)  But I was only on 1 full cruise.  As we were starting the second one our squadron was dumped off in Hawaii so that the carrier (Hancock) could rush to Vietnam to help pick up some of the last people to get out beore the fall of Saigon and Vietnam.  Some days it doesn't seem like that was 30 years ago (just this month).  And other days it certainly seems that long ago!   B)

Well take care, Odie.  Be safe and enjoy your deployment.  Keep in touch when you can!

322389[/snapback]

Thanks. So what was your rate?

322392[/snapback]

I came out as an E5 - PN2nd Class I was the education person in the squadron, (ordering & proctoring exams, etc, along with other work), which was based in NAS Miramar - Fightertown USA back then, now a Marine base I believe.

They have to black leather steel toe boots.  I have to wear them for safety reasons.

322495[/snapback]

Oh, I remember those steel toed boots. Very handy, though heavy. If you stubbed your toe you didn't break your foot! :naughty:

How many cruises have you been on, Odie?

trekz, how did you survive with all those airdales?!?

This is my 2nd one. :naughty:

Underway Report:

So far I haven't gotten sea sick. :naughty: The ship's air has been very, very, very, very, I can't put enough very, dry. I have stop drinking coffee for the two days, because I was getting dehyrodrated. Now I have stop drinking coffee I don't feel as tried as when I was drinking it. That doesn't even make sense to me, but I am not figure that one out.

Yesturday was an interesting day. Right now I am attending ship indoc. Its a week long course on benfits that I can get out of the Navy. They are very boring. :laugh: During the class the ship that I am on had tranferred fuel to another ship. Its called underway repleshment. They are very exceting to be in, but it also has lots of risks. While the other ship was beside us we thought a person fell into the water, but which wasn't a good thing. When the ship got closer we found out it wasn't a person, but an object. The object that fell in the water will not be given back to the other ship and be used for taget practice by order of the my ship's captain.

Today I finial I have a day where I can start catching up all of my work. It feels very good. :hug:

Good to hear you are adapting well to being underway. I was a 3rd class corpsman with a Marine Unit actually about the same time as Trekz. We were in the same part of the ocean for a period of time at the same time.. I was on the LPH-3 Okinawa. Our unit was one of the ground security units during the Saigon Evacuation I didn't get to go but we were like one armed paper hangers stowing evacuees and treating the amazingly few casualtie from the op. I never got used to being under way. You can only do so much busy work and there's no where to go to find a quiet spot. Best of luck to ya

Coffee makes me tired quick, if you want to be alert and wake, stick to drinking good old H2O

There are times I wish I wasn't so hard on myself when I make the smallest mistakes when I do my job.