Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

Well another day done and another day closer to the deployment. I have sent my dress uniforms of the dry cleaners and will get them back on Wednesday. I want to make sure my dress whites look great for the day when leave San Diego for six months. The one thing that I don't like about my dress whites that dirt likes to jump on them when I am not looking. They are pain in the a$$ to keep clean for no more than a few seconds.

I won't nessary get told off if they gotten dirty, but I will still get into trouble. My postion in my divsion is the one that I have to set the example. It wouldn't look good if I come with a uniform that had some problems.

If this is classified info, kick me, but do you know where you are being sent to (even vague area) There is a part of me that would love the life you are having, another that says I couldn't do with out my man at the moment.

I really can't tell because of security reason. There are lots of "men" on the ship. :laugh:

Click For Spoiler
Just look at the country flags for a clue. I can tell when I am in the port.

Last week I had broken up with a person who I though I would be with me for the rest of my life. Right now it has causes me lots of pain. I can't stand the pain right now. The only thing I want to do is stay in my bed and never come out of it. I can't because of work and I try to go on with my life. Right now its hard to smile when the only thing I want to do hurt the person that caused me so much pain in last two months. :laugh:

I will. I just can't wait to go away from San Diego for awhile. I know when I return I will find someone who wouldn't treat me the way I was treated since I got here.

Hey Dragon, that's why I married a Navy Woman. and just replying to EVERYTHING here, Uniforms and their appearences become VERY important the higher you move. as an Officer, even a junior one, I am expected to have a very "Squared Away" Uniform when I do my drill weekends. And yes, ship movements are generally well kept secrets. we don't want another USS Cole happening. And Odie, you will find someone, I am possitive. If nothing else, There's DW. My youngest brother is also single, but he's 16...

Hang in there Odie. I know the feeling of not wanting to get out of bed. I went through a bad experience in my previous job and still think about retalliation. Eventualy this too will pass. I am sure you will find someone. San Diego was where I was stationed many years ago. There are worse places to be. But I'm sure your deployment will help you get past and/or work through some of your feelings. Good luck!

Last week I had broken up with a person who I though I would be with me for the rest of my life.  Right now it has causes me lots of pain.  I can't stand the pain right now.  The only thing I want to do is stay in my bed and never come out of it.  I can't because of work and I try to go on with my life.  Right now its hard to smile when the only thing I want to do hurt the person that caused me so much pain in last two months.  :laugh:

321348[/snapback]

Oh Odie, I'm so very sorry. :hug:

-huggles- :laugh:

Thanks everyone. Right now I just can't wait I am underway. Hopefully when I am back to San Diego I will feel better. I have enough work to keep my mind off of my ex.

Sorry about the break-up Odie. It was a bit of a surprise to hear you had a boyfriend. I guess I don't read your log often enough. But don't worry, most of us have been there and as they say "Time heals all Wounds". Have your self a great cruise. Concentrate on that.

Sorry about the break-up Odie. It was a bit of a surprise to hear you had a boyfriend. I guess I don't read your log often enough. But don't worry, most of us have been there and as they say "Time heals all Wounds". Have your self a great cruise. Concentrate on that.

321413[/snapback]

I am very picky about what I write in my personal log about my life. It only small view of what going on with my life professional and personal. Professional I am very limited as to what I can write. Also, mostly I want to protect the privacy of the people know me on a personal level. Of course Astro is not included.

Today was a little easier than yesterday. It is still hard for me right now. I am still very angry at my ex for treating me badly for the last 2 months. I wish things could have turn out better between us.

I am getting closer to the deployment and I am starting to get nervous. The last time I was on a deployment I was just a third class petty officer with whole lot less responsibilities. I know more I do my job the easier it will get for me, but right now I have so much of it just dump on me it is hard to tell which end is up or down. B)

You will get through it hun, I hurt real bad after my ex, so bad it took my mum dying to shake me out of the pain. I doubt it will be that way, just a lot of time focused on your job and what you like to do I guess will help heal your wounds. Any how if you need a girl to act on the tagteam to hurt your ex give us a call I'll be joyous to help.

Odie, to be candid you are young, intelligent, good looking and from what I have read many other fine qualities. Use good judgement and look for someone who appreciates that.

Odie You will get over it Those of us that have been there know your pain.

As said above Time heals all wounds.

Also its his loss not yours.

B) B) B) B) B) B)

You will get through it hun, I hurt real bad after my ex, so bad it took my mum dying to shake me out of the pain. I doubt it will be that way, just a lot of time focused on your job and what you like to do I guess will help heal your wounds. Any how if you need a girl to act on the tagteam to hurt your ex give us a call I'll be joyous to help.

321467[/snapback]

I would love to do that to him. As much as I want to hurt him I will not lower my standards by doing it. For a short time it would feel good, but at the end I don't think I could live with myself if I did it. Thanks for the thought.

Odie, to be candid you are young, intelligent, good looking and from what I have read many other fine qualities. Use good judgement and look for someone who appreciates that.

321489[/snapback]

Thank you very much. Not many people had called me good looking. Most people will notice my intelligence, which to a degree I don't feel as smart some people claim that I am. I have learn to live with it. By the way, welcome to STF. :bow:

Odie You will get over it Those of us that have been there know your pain.

As said above Time heals all wounds.

Also its his loss not yours.

B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  :hug:

321496[/snapback]

Thank you. I know that I will heal from this pain, and I do hope I will get over it by the time I get back to San Diego.

Now for the interesting info. I just picked up my uniforms and they look GREAT! B) My dress white shirt had this very large ink stain from me standing watch on the quarterdeck. The watch was OOD U/I, Officer of the Deck under instruction. I didn't notice it until the end of the watch. I am glad the stain was taken out of the uniform. Uniforms are getting expansive to replace all the time. Even though I have uniform allowance, which will come by the June 1st, it is still not enough to cover all the uniforms that I need to replace within a year. B)

Odie

He was not the best for you obviously, this is why the relationship ended. It hurts, believe me I know.

But have some faith and know that in time, the person who will truly love you for who you are will come your way.

Then you'll wonder why you even thought this man had been the right man for you.

Odie

He was not the best for you obviously, this is why the relationship ended.  It hurts, believe me I know.

But have some faith and know that in time, the person who will truly love you for who you are will come your way.

Then you'll wonder why you even thought this man had been the right man for you.

321531[/snapback]

Sometimes I wonder about that there will the right man for me. I am trying not to lose faith, but its getting hard for me not to lose it. I never thought I would be hurting this much right now when we broke up. I so much want this pain to end so I can start enjoying the time I am having on board USS John Paul Jones.

I have finially gotten hold of my ex and told how I feel about him and how he has treated me. He said he was sorry, and believe him somewhat. I feel much better after the talk and still hope we can still be friends, because I have known him for all of my Naval career.

B) Being friends with an ex is like smacking your hand because your foot hurts. It is still pain just different place. I was suprised to hear that, but of course is was an observation I made from the picture you posted. It is your picture? Thanks for the welcome B)

I have finially gotten hold of my ex and told how I feel about him and how he has treated me.  He said he was sorry, and believe him somewhat.  I feel much better after the talk and still hope we can still be friends, because I have known him for all of my Naval career.

321546[/snapback]

I think that would make you so much better if you keep in touch- at least you wont be lonely or something for months... good luck Odie B) B)