Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Log

I am still working on the charts. I really hoping I can get everything that I want done on Saturday. Yeah, I get to work on Saturday. Oh boy, I will have fun on that day! NOT!

Tomorrow I will get paid! Yes! I will go out have something good to eat for dinner instead of ship food! :lol: :blink:

Today is the first day in 2 weeks where I left early from work! :lol: It feels GREAT! :blink: Even though I still have tons of work back at the ship its nice to have one day where I can go out and have a good dinner and a movie. :lol: :lol: :o

It felt great to go out and SHOP! I went to Starbucks and bought a pound of French Roast Coffee for my division. It smells very good! I love the smell of fresh grounded coffee beans. I hope everyone in my division that drinks coffee likes my pick.

I am very tried right now. I have been inventoring the charts on the bridge. Its lots of work, but I have to get done before the deployment.

Speaking of deployment I won't be on as much, because I am not sure if there will be internet connection or the connection might be to slow to post. I will keep everyone informed of what has happen when I am port in another country. The only this I won't be able to tell when I am going on the deployment until the day before. Sorry, but it a matter of security.

Sorry you may not be on much.

But if you are deployed.Take care and Safe Seas.

Dawn.

You better write. Snail mail is better then no mail.

And I can let every one know you are ok.

you take care. thats a order.

Did you copy it down so on them lonely nights you can think of us back home you are keeping safe. Theese two should be in reversed order

I am having another busy day at work. :yahoo: There is so much to do before the deployment, but everything will work out in the end. I hope. I might lose another body in my division that I CANNOT afford to lose. I really hope I don't lose him, because it will hurt my division badly. Right now there are only 2 people qualified to stand Quartermaster of the Watch, and he is one of that is qualified. I have to get re-qualified before I can stand it by myself. That might take a month or two depending how fast I remember the stuff that I need to know for the watch.

I am having another busy day at work.  :yahoo:  There is so much to do before the deployment, but everything will work out in the end.  I hope.  I might lose another body in my division that I CANNOT afford to lose.  I really hope I don't lose him, because it will hurt my division badly.  Right now there are only 2 people qualified to stand Quartermaster of the Watch, and he is one of that is qualified.  I have to get re-qualified before I can stand it by myself.  That might take a month or two depending how fast I remember the stuff that I need to know for the watch.

320022[/snapback]

I have faith in you. You'll do it. If anyone asks how you plan to make it work, twist around a quote your ship's namesake, "I Have Not Yet Begun to Work Hard!" That will impress more than a few officers or Chiefs.

Lots of good luck and good travel to you Odie. Nice reading your log, I hope you'lle be able to post. You know, your story (oncoming possible problem with employment) would do well (in another setting offcourse) in ST.

I am having another busy day at work.   :nono:   There is so much to do before the deployment, but everything will work out in the end.  I hope.  I might lose another body in my division that I CANNOT afford to lose.  I really hope I don't lose him, because it will hurt my division badly.  Right now there are only 2 people qualified to stand Quartermaster of the Watch, and he is one of that is qualified.  I have to get re-qualified before I can stand it by myself.  That might take a month or two depending how fast I remember the stuff that I need to know for the watch.

320022[/snapback]

I have faith in you. You'll do it. If anyone asks how you plan to make it work, twist around a quote your ship's namesake, "I Have Not Yet Begun to Work Hard!" That will impress more than a few officers or Chiefs.

320035[/snapback]

Thanks. I do hope it does work out for the better. Right now I will be very busy for few months of the deployment. :yahoo:

I have just finished grafting the tide tables for the outbound track for the deployment. Boy, I was very rusty! I haven't done a tide table graphic over 3 years. They are very easy once I got the hang of it. I just hope I did them right. I won't know until this Friday. Here is an example of what a tide table looks like expect I had do mine by hand.

00290496.gif

Lets all hope you did the tide tables correct and your ship doesn't accidently ground itself.......lol.

That wouldn't happen. The ship will be in a deep water channel when we leave San Diego.

Today I bought myself a Palm Pilot to keep all my duties in order and so I won't miss much on the job. There is so much I am starting having problem keeping everything I need in order. That is not good in the long run. I just got here and I don't want to burn out early on the job. I am very tried right now.

I have finished the Nav Brief for next week! Now my division officer, department head, executive officer (XO), and commanding officer will have to read it. I hope they don't make any changes to it. It took me all afternoon to do it. :dude: I just can't wait for the deployment to begin.

Today is Saturday, my only day off this week, I am at work. I need to make sure the charts that my ship we use to go underway from San Diego are correct . I also have to make sure the charts that Combat will use are identical to the ones that Navigation will use. Like always, they never match at the best of times. They need to get done before Monday. :dude:

Today is Sunday I am still working on the charts. Sometimes it seems they will never get done in time. I wish the people in Combat would gone up to Bridge to make sure their charts match ours in the first place. I wouldn't have this much work to do on Sunday. This is not fair! :dude:

Yeah, I just can't wait until the deployment begins. After that I can start getting work on stuff that I need to get done for myself. :dude:

I've got the Nav Brief back and there was one change! Yes! :dude::dude::dude: Okay it was just my division officer. I still hope my department head, XO, and CO won't make any major changes.

MB, I am not trying to think of what the last person did or didn't do when he had this job. It doesn't help me very much when I am trying to get the work done. :bow: