Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

SpaceTigger's Log

Cold November morning here..Only 28 degrees.. B) Yeah, it'll only get colder from here on..I'll try not to complain too much.. :)

Finally went into that new area at work yesterday..Like starting over.. A totally new job to learn..At least I'll be able to get some OT there. Probably more than I want. I was so tired when I got home last night..Oh well, I can deal with it..I may not be on as much as I was but I'll still be here every night of course..

Until next time.. B)

Hope if it keeps you that busy it at least turns out to be something you enjoy. :) 28 degrees *shudder* I'd just die.

It's 7:00 PM and the temp is already down to 31 degrees..They say that the temp is getting down into the teens tonight.. :unsure: I'll have to post the temp here tomorrow morning when I get up..

A pretty good day at work..I was plenty busy enough.I think I'll watch some Star Trek Voyager tonight..There are still some episodes of the 4th season that I haven't watched yet..And I do know that season 5 is out now. I'll need to pick it up this weekend..And I did buy the second season of TOS on saturday..I love these Star Trek season sets.. :blink:

I just saw the weather for my hometown. Wonderful lake-effect snow. :unsure: Its hard to think about cold weather when it still feel like late summer in Yokosuka, Japan. :cool1:

I take it you like snow Odie.. :unsure: Not sure how I could use 'wonderful' and 'snow' in the same sentence..:blink:

22 balmy degrees here this morning..The windshield of my car is all frosted over. I need to get out there and start it ahead of time..Almost time to go to work..I better get going..Have a great day.. :o

Its only the child in me that comes out when its the first heavy snow fall of the year. I love how the snow covers everything. From the trees to the houses and cars. Not to long ago Buffalo had over 7ft of snow in 4 days. It started 4 days before Chirstmas. No one disappeared over the amount of snow. It was like a very big party where almost everyone help each other out.

Happy Saturday all..How is everybody ? Well, I recieved the first snow of the year last night.. :frusty: I would guestimate it at around 5 inches between last night and this morning.. It's too early for this. It isn't even thanksgiving yet..Actually the sun is out now and most if it has melted away..I used a new graphic on my Trivia Scores and Promotion thread on the portal this week..I think it looks pretty good..I was a little tired of those plain stars.. I'll need to get going on next weeks trivia questions today..I hope to post them tonight..

I won the bid on that Bajoran Spring Wine Bottle on EBAY..It was waiting here for me yesterday when I came home from work..And it is beautiful..A great addition to me trek collection..It looks great in my home..Course I picture myself pouring a glass of wine for Kira Nerys.. :frusty: But that's me for ya.. :o

Bottle3.jpg

Yeah, that's my kitchen counter ! How many people do you know that have so much trek stuff that it has spilled out onto the kitchen ? :o But, I think it looks good..

Bottle2.jpg

A sunny cool sunday here..It's only 24 degrees right now..At least it's sunny..The Voyager season 5 DVD set is out now so I think I'll take a ride up to Best Buy and pick it up this afternoon.. *excited*

My Patriots are playing the Buffalo Bills tonight..It should be a good game..I'll have to get everything done today so can sit in front of the TV tonight.. :frusty:

Well, Best Buy has disappointed me again.. :frusty: They are all sold out of the Voyager 5th season DVD set. I will try one more time next weekend before I go somewhere else to buy it. I can always buy it on line but I would rather not do that..Either the Best Buy or the Amazon website..Hmmm. Yeah, I'm disappointed but I'll give the Best Buy store one more chance..

ST can you reserve your season sets? That's what I do, never need to worry about it not being there when I'm ready to pick it up...

281018[/snapback]

I don't believe that Best Buy does that..I've been thru this before with Best Buy.. I will win.. :P :sly:

I finished watching the rest of my season 4 Voyager DVDs tonight..I enjoyed the season..I just need to watch the special features and I am ready for season 5.. :sly:

I finally had enough of this stomach pain of mine and called my doctor..Instead of waiting until thursaday to see him I went in today and saw the Nurse Practitioner.. I'm glad I did..Seems like I have developed a touchy stomach..I wouldn't be surprised if it's the beginnings of an ulcer..At any rate I took my first Zantac tonight and it really seemed to help..I certainly need to change my diet at least temporaily..But that's not a big deal..I can handle it..

Happy Saturday all..How is everybody ? Well, I recieved the first snow of the year last night..  :sly: I would guestimate it at around 5 inches between last night and this morning.. It's too early for this. It isn't even thanksgiving yet..Actually the sun is out now and most if it has melted away..I used a new graphic on my Trivia Scores and Promotion thread on the portal this week..I think it looks pretty good..I was a little tired of those plain stars.. I'll need to get going on next weeks trivia questions today..I hope to post them tonight..

I won the bid on that Bajoran Spring Wine Bottle on EBAY..It was waiting here for me yesterday when I came home from work..And it is beautiful..A great addition to me trek collection..It looks great in my home..Course I picture myself pouring a glass of wine for Kira Nerys.. :P But that's me for ya..  :huh:

Bottle3.jpg

Yeah, that's my kitchen counter ! How many people do you know that have so much trek stuff that it has spilled out onto the kitchen ?  :tear: But, I think it looks good..

Bottle2.jpg

280512[/snapback]

Very impressive, ST! :huh: That is sort of the problem that I have with my NASCAR collectables, featuring #6 , so many are still in Rubbermaid totes in the garage. LOL! I have a plastic model of Enterprise -D that I want to build. I just wasn't too sure how elaborate of a paint job that I want to do. So...it sits. :P

Thanks Jaz..I also have a Deep Space Nine model that I need to put together at some point..Finding the time to do it is the problem..Perhaps during my time off from work during the holidays..

It's late and I'm tired but that isn't anything new for me.. The big personal news of the day for me is that I won another auction on EBAY for a unique trek bottle..It's a Ferengi Snail Juice bottle and I am real excited to get it in my home..Perhaps I'll post a pic when I get it if there is any interest. It certainly isn't as beautuful as my Bajoran bottle but it is still neat looking.. :(

I had heard that Nana was going to be on CSI tonight so I watched it..However she wasn't on.. :nono: Perhaps it was another week..Well, tomorrow is finally friday..That certainly is exciting.. :nono:

Snail Juice, why does that make me queasy? :nono::nono: I'd love to see the bottle. Does the auction have a pic you could show us?

Snail Juice, why does that make me queasy? :(  :o I'd love to see the bottle. Does the auction have a pic you could show us?

281958[/snapback]

:nono: Snail juice does sound pretty bad. It was Rom's fav drink on DS9. Here is the pic from the Ebay auction. I'm anxious to see what that label and unique top look like close up.. :nono:

Snail.jpg

I'm pretty excited this morning..I know it doesn't take much and of course it's trek-related.. :frusty: Last night I found somebody on Ebay who sells Klingon daggers.. :angry: I bought a d'ktahg.. It looks awesome and I didn't have to pay hundreds of dollars for it either..I've always wanted one ever since I first saw it in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock..

I just came back from Best Buy and this time they had Voyager's 5th season DVD set.. WooHoo.. :angry: See, I did say that I would win.. :frusty:

Man, I'm lazy today! I just looked at the clock and I can't believe it is 12:30 PM! I've been sitting in front of the computer since 8 this morning talking with friends online..I need to get away from the computer, get a shower and something to eat..

I said..Get away from the computer...Repeat after me...Move away from the computer.. :frusty:

Good monday morning.. :angry: At least it's a nice short 3 day work week for me..That's pretty cool..In fact a lot of people here have the whole week off..Course I happen to be in an area that is working monday, tuesday and wednesday..Oh well that's not too bad..What are you all doing for Thanksgiving? My sister is having a family gathering as usual..It's the only time the whole family is together. It'll be good to see my kids and grandkids..I don't see them often enough for me..My brother is stopping over tonight after work..He's a trek fan of course and has been borrowing my DS9 DVDs..He hasn't really watched many of those shows and some people he works with have convinced him to check it out..He's returning season 1 and taking season 2 tonight..He says he really likes DS9.. :frusty:

This is time of the year that I struggle the most with loneliness. Am I the only one who goes thru this around the holidays? Thank God I have a good family. It would be bad if I was home alone on Thanksgiving and Christmas..This is always the time of the year that I browse the online personals..I was doing that some last time..What gets me about those sites is they all say it's free to join..But when you go to send someone you're interested in a message they want you to pay for their premium service.. :huh: ..I have to wonder..Do relationships ever work that meet in this fashion? Have any of you ever made a connection with someone at one of these online personal web sites..

Well, I should get to work.. I hope you all have a great day.

Peace.. :o

..I have to wonder..Do relationships ever work that meet in this fashion? Have any of you ever made a connection with someone at one of these online personal web sites..

Peace.. :frusty:

282843[/snapback]

I have never used an online personal, however I met my husband online, we met on ICQ he sent me a IM one night (actually he IM'd me two nights in a row I ignored him the first night) Anyway we will be married 5 years in January. So yes you can meet someone online and it can work out. ICQ is free and you can look up people by town so you could find someone close to you. Just be careful there are a lot of whakos online, myself included :angry: . Seriously I wish you the best of luck in finding someone. :huh:

The title of this log entry is:

Is being a Star Trek fan a curse?

I've been talking to this woman online that I was really interested in. We were swapping E-Mails back and forth a couple of times a day. Finally came the question I was dreading. What kind of movies and TV shows do you like to watch? Course I told her that I'm big into science fiction and Star Trek..I also told her that I like other types of movies..Adventure, comedy and dramas..And I haven't heard from her since.. :congrats: Some of you may remember that I've been thru this before. I guess I haven't learned yet. I suppose in the future I'll just lie and at all costs not mention Star Trek. It's hard since trek is such a big part of my life..Oh well..Onward and upward..What I need to find is a 'Trekkies Personals Site'.. :congrats:

On a brighter note..Today is the last work day of the week for me..WooHoo !!

:clap:

I don't get why people are turned off by star trek, it makes no sense to me.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Trekkie personals ads, that sounds like a new board feature to me. :congrats::congrats:

I'm so sorry to read that, Spacetigger. It makes me mad, really. I mean, Star Trek is nothing to be ashamed of or something, on the contrary.

All I can say is just look at Stfans.net, we have so many female trekkies here and there are many more out there. :wow:

Don't lie to a woman when she asks you what kind of TV shows you like. She'll either accept it, say she loves Star Trek as well (that would be perfect, of course :congrats: ) or she'll just leave without a word - and in that last case you'll know that she wasn't the right woman anyway. :congrats::hug: :o

Many :) :P :clap: for you. Don't be disappointed or sad. :wow:

Thanks Mrs P, Odie and RC..I'm fine with it. But I am baffled by this attitude of a lot of people towards Trek..No, I can't lie about my affection for Star Trek..It's not in my nature.. Everything happens for a reason.. I'll keep on looking.. :congrats:

This is going to be the warmest Thanksgiving day that I can remember..It's 58 degrees here..That's wonderful. It's going to be good to see everybody today especially my kids and grandkids..It's been awhile..

I just found out recently that Nana is going to be a guest on CSI tonight. I thought it was last week but I believe it's tonight for sure. I'll have to set my VCR to tape it since I don't know what time I'll get back from my sisters. I don't want to miss a tv appearance by Nana..

My web cam arrived yesterday! It is so cool. I sent a video mail to my parents last night to check it out..It works good..I'm going to have a lot of fun with it..I wonder if I should have some video trivia questions sometime..hmmm..

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving.. :assimilated:

I just got finished watching that 'Van Helsing' DVD that my brother lent me. I really liked it..I thought it was neat..I probably should have watched in on Halloween..So much action and I have to admit I jumped a couple of times.. :laugh: Very entertaining..Have any of you seen it ?