Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike

SpaceTigger's Log

Spacetigger with a bat'leth! :waaaa: I am taking Astro and running to the hills. :waaaa: -j/k Congrats on winning the bat'leth. Just becareful.

Spacetigger with a bat'leth!  :o  I am taking Astro and running to the hills.  :waaaa: -j/k  Congrats on winning the bat'leth.  Just becareful. 

288199[/snapback]

:waaaa: It was only a matter of time before I bought one. They are so cool and I've been seeing them a lot lately..Shops at the beach, at King Richards Faire and of course on the internet. The ones I saw at King Richards Faire really convinced me that I wanted one..

Well, one of my new Russian female friends that I met online wanted me to send her $300 so she could come here and within 3 months we would have to get married or she would have to go back to Russia.. :waaaa: That's just too much pressure for me..I had to decline the offer..

Too bad too because I liked her but I just couldn't make a promise like that..I just met her over E-Mails..

:waaaa: Good heavens.

288415[/snapback]

Exactly my reaction RC..Talk about an aggressive proposal..How could I agree to something like that?

I am glad that you didn't, but you will be surprised as how many do.

Yeah that sounds like a scam to me too. If you love someone, truely love them they will be paient and also they will care for you and wait. that's why i hate high school right now, teens at this age do not understand the difference between love and lust.

Happy Sunday afternoon all! I have the Patriots game on and they are rolling along as usual.. :P I do need to get out of here today and get to the laundrymat.. :P I tend to put it off as long as it's possible but now I'm at a point where I have to go..I don't like to think about it on a sunday but tomorrow is the start of another work week..

I am still getting emails from that russian woman who wanted me to send her money so she could come over here and marry me..She says that she's knows that what she requested was wrong and hopes we can still be close..I was a little turned off by what she did but I will still talk to her..And she's not the only russian woman emailing me.. :P Seems like I've gotten myself involved in an 'internet russian service'..That wasn't my intention at all.. But I don't mind talking to them.. No harm in that I guess..I'm still really puzzled why the only women who have responded to me have been from Russia.. :P

That is very werid indeed. Maybe you need to tell her that you are not ready yet. Maybe that will work. Good luck on that.

That is very werid indeed. Maybe you need to tell her that you are not ready yet. Maybe that will work. Good luck on that.

288849[/snapback]

Hmmm perhaps.. It just seems like she wants things to happen too fast.. And I'm still not convinced it's just not a scam to get money..But I will continue to talk to her..

*Yawn*.. Monday morning..I think this is going to be a boring day in work..What's going to make it even worse is that I'm tired..As usual I didn't get hardly any sleep on the weekend.. Up too late at night and awake too early the next morning..

Anything new with you all ? It's going to be tough for me to buy all the DVD season sets that I want this month..TOS season 3 and Voyager seasons 6 and 7 are all being released this month.. :) How am I going to buy all of them ? Hmmm.. Certainly the most important to get is TOS season 3..And then one Voyager season at a time..

I think my brother is finally returning my entire DS9 DVD collection tonight. He had borrowed all 7 seasons so he could copy them. I am definately watching DS9 tonight.. :)

Glad that we are up an running again. It certainly was a different night for me without this site..So happy that we were able to access SWF.net..Thanks RC and Gabri.. :)

My brother did return my DS9 DVDs yesterday after work.. So I was able to watch some DS9 anyway..

( I needed my Kira fix :) ) I also watched 'The Legend of Earthsea' last night on the Sci Fi channel. Any of you see it? I thought it was pretty good. It continues tonight..

Just a line to say hi and miss you. Merry Christmas.

289122[/snapback]

Great to see you on the board..And thanks Airies..Merry Christmas.. :)

It's been an OK day considering it was a work day..But I am about ready to get out of here..I really am behind on watching my trek season sets..I have 2 seasons of Voyager and 2 of TOS that I havn't watched yet..Oh and that 5th season of TNG needs watching too.. :) Well, at least I'll have plenty of cool stuff to watch for a long time..I had AE format my SN a little differently today..The S and T are now capitalized..I like it much better.. :) And I think it's time that I changed my sig pic.. I have noticed something..My sig pics look great on my home computer but at work they look light and washed out.. Must be because of the difference in lighting and of course my home monitor is much better..How do they look to you all ?

Well until next time..Peace.. :)

Nice sig pic. It looks a bit washed out, but that may just be my laptop. Love the change to your username, SpaceTigger! :thumbup:

Same here, looks a little bit washed out, but that's really okay, I like it anyway :)

Hey I also like the name "change"... looks good :)

OMG!! I am so excited..When I got home from work my bat'leth was here waiting for me..I can't believe how nice this is..It is solid and razor sharp..I need to post some pics but the pics won't do it justice..This is beautiful..

Thanks for the feedback on my sig pics..Perhaps I have my home monitor darkened too much..I'll work on it later on..Right now I'm going to post some bat'leth pics.. :)

Not sure what sig pic to use anymore..How many of my other sig pics look washed out I wonder ? They all look good on my computer..I edited a couple of my Kira pics..I'll try this one for now..

I'm hungry..I need something to eat now..

None of them look washed out to me, maybe we both keep our monitors dark. :) The color and saturation look great to me.

I just turned my brightness up quite a bit and it still looks fine. How bright do most people keep their monitors? :)

I do like my monitor on the dark side.. :)

Thanks for checking that out RC..Guess I won't worry about it as long as they look good to me.. Thanks for the feedback.. :)

I dunno how bright I keep my monitor (it's not me who did the settings here, it was my uncle *blames him* :dude: )... but that pic looks good to me now, ST :dude:

My monitor back at home is one the darkside. I am sentive to lights.

Saturday Morning..YAY.. Not too much going on for me this weekend..Course I'll have to work on next weeks trivia questions today so that I can post them tonight..While I'm out today food shopping I want to pick up some good hooks so that I can hang my bat'leth on my wall..Can't wait to see what it looks like there..Think I'm going to hang my d'ktahg too..They'll certainly go good with the decor or this place..

I also want to do some internet shopping for a new stove today. I need to replace the one I have..It is so old and I should have replaced it before. I think it's as old as this trailer is..Time for a new one..

Until next time..Hope you have a good one! :biggrin:

I've still been emailing back and forth with a couple of russian women whom I met on a personals site..And again, like the last time, one of them has insisted that she has fallen in love with me and wants me to send her money so she can come to me here in the USA. :unsure: This seems to be a recurring theme...I had continued this correspondance with a few of them because it was fun to talk to women from another country and no american women wanted anything to do with me..The big question now is; what do I do now? My first reaction is to send her a message saying goodbye and don't respond to any more emails..I don't know..It has been fun talking to her..I don't know..But how can I just send money to another country to someone I really don't know?

It is a common thing that there are some women in Russia that are often looking for guys to send money over to them. There are many reports about that on TV here in Germany, they try it with German guys as well, of course. The guys send money and never hear from those women again - or they use the money and come over to the guys and demand that they want to live with them now. :unsure: Those women are often very desperate because they live in a very poor country and have no money. ;) I'm not saying that every Russian woman is like that, of course. :laugh::laugh: :o

Yeah I tend to agree with you..I feel this is just a big scam to get money..And there is no way I'd send money over to someone after only a few emails..I certainly don't trust them..It has crossed my mind; what's the big hurry? Why can't we just be internet friends for a while?

Its a very good thing that you didn't send the money to them. :unsure:

It certainly has been a lazy day for me today..I just stayed inside the whole day and hung out in front of the computer and the TV..I haven't been feeling good the past couple of days anyway and I think I needed a day to do nothing..I did watch some TOS DVDs today..I'm real happy with them..Very enjoyable.. :unsure: