Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

Well gummy

Welcome to the sleprock club am the founding member

if will happen it will happen to me.

Can not win for losing.

Just got over my sinus infection

and told to quit smoking.

But was eating a stuffed pork chop

broke a tooth in half very painful

But beer and Captain Morgan is helping

may not fix it but kills the pain

I know what you're saying, Odo.

I've been on the toilet since 2:30 am with an Intestinal Virus.

And it's got my guts churning.

I am considering not going into work today.

I think that I've lost weight in one continuous sitting. :laugh:

I think that I've lost weight in one continuous sitting. :laugh:

Aww, sorry man, that sounds awful. You should totally take the day of work. You should rest and get back to feeling better!

I think that I've lost weight in one continuous sitting. :look:

Aww, sorry man, that sounds awful. You should totally take the day of work. You should rest and get back to feeling better!

You've convinced me. I think that I will. :laugh:

I ended up using a sick day today. Which I really didn't want to do. But I had no choice. I don't dare stray too far from a toilet. One of the benefits of a case of what I've got is that it's the best time to start a diet. The system's all cleaned out of any and all impurities and you're good to go. However, my stomach is still cramping up something terrible. So, eating anything in the near future will be done at considerable risk.

Besides, I can live off of my own fat for probably 30 days or more.

HPIM0844.jpg

This is currently the picture on the TV in my Family Room. Sadly, I have only owned it for about five years.

I realize that things aren't made to last anymore, but this is crazy. It shouldn't be dying like this so soon.

So, I contacted RCA to tell them of my problem and let's see if they are willing to do anything about it.

Somehow, I doubt that they will. :laugh:

Sorry to hear you're sick, Gummy.. :laugh:

Hope you get well real soon!

TVs aren't worth fixing anymore. They cost more to fix than to buy another one.

Sorry to hear you're sick, Gummy.. :laugh:

Hope you get well real soon!

TVs aren't worth fixing anymore. They cost more to fix than to buy another one.

It's been awhile since I've felt this lousy. But if I can shed some pounds because of it, then it's well worth it.

I'm hoping to shake this by tonight.

You're right about TV's. I'll can this one and get a new one for my Living Room and play Musical TV's.

Wow! Whatever it is that is wreaking havoc on my stomach is proving to be relentless. But, a good point is that my Blood Sugar Levels are better than they have been in a long time. Probably because nothing is staying for very long in my system. I do know that I am going back to work tomorrow, come hell or high water. No pun intended.

My landlord would not find it very funny. I would enjoy it, as would my son.

I may just leave it out on the curb for the garbage pickers to take. It looks new, so it won't be there long.

My son's g/f made dinner tonight. Angelhair Pasta. I'm curious to see what kind of effect it has on my current system. She works in a hospital on the switchboard. She told me that they must have gotten over 20 calls for doctors from patients with the same symptoms that I am having. At least I'm not alone. Apparently, it's going around, big time.

Wonder if it was food poisoning.

I'd take it slow with spicy food and fiber foods - don't eat a salad. Drink Ginger Ale, maybe some sports drinks (I actually bought some pedialyte once when I had a similar attack)

Wonder if it was food poisoning.

I'd take it slow with spicy food and fiber foods - don't eat a salad. Drink Ginger Ale, maybe some sports drinks (I actually bought some pedialyte once when I had a similar attack)

I've been sipping water most of the day. It seems like it's passing. I haven't had to make a sprint in a few hours. I just had a cup of coffee. Out of curiosity. Just to see what it will or won't do to me. Time will tell.

As for the Sports Drinks, I can't touch them because of their sugar content (I'm a Diabetic). I didn't have anything spicy or high in fiber. At first, I thought it may have been food poisoning. But my son and his g/f had the same thing that I had yesterday and neither of them were sick. So, it must have been an Intestinal Virus that got me.

Well, my guts returned to normal and I went back to work today. It was nice to be able to do so.

I've got a million things to get done tonight. And I need to start on them.

Although I didn't get everything done that I wanted to get done, at least the grocery shopping is done and my kids are in heaven again.

They eat like starving wolves. :laugh:.

I gotta get to bed because 3:30am comes awfully early.

3:30 AM?....You piker......I've been up since 2:15 am!... :laugh:

Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better, Gummy!... :look:

3:30 AM?....You piker......I've been up since 2:15 am!... :laugh:

Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better, Gummy!... :look:

You've been up since 2am?! I don't even go to bed until after that.

3:30 AM?....You piker......I've been up since 2:15 am!... :bow:

Seriously, I'm glad you're feeling better, Gummy!... :bow:

You get up that early on the weekends too? Oh, that's right, you've got a seven-day a week business.

Actually, today, I got up at 2am for no apparent reason. My eyes just opened and I was wide awake.

Which sucked. :laugh:

VL, I do evny you. The life of a college student is something that I never experienced. I worked right from high school to now and beyond. But I did party hard on the weekends and holidays. Amazingly wasted nights.

I miss those days.... :look:

I do know one thing. This insomnia Crap is getting old. Sleeping for maybe three or four hours in a clip is going to kill me. What makes it worse is how tired I feel during the day while at work. I just hope I don't wrap the patrol truck around a tree or something. No story I could ever come up with would get me out of that mess. "But Sarge, I swerved to avoid a squirrel! I swear!"

Yeah, right. Give me a memo about the accident and attach to it your resignation.

That would be my most hideous nightmare.

I can't believe that I am still awake. Considering the fact that I've been up since 12:30 am today, I feel pretty good.

We got some nasty thunderstorms here today. No damage, just loud and rainy.

I got my court decision yesterday. No more checks from me to 1.0 anymore.

I'm off the next two days. I am planning on doing just household chores and not much else.

I can't believe that I am still awake. Considering the fact that I've been up since 12:30 am today, I feel pretty good.

We got some nasty thunderstorms here today. No damage, just loud and rainy.

I got my court decision yesterday. No more checks from me to 1.0 anymore.

I'm off the next two days. I am planning on doing just household chores and not much else.

Instead of doing household chores, you should take those days completely off...take a mini-vacation or something. You've been having some rough times, between 1.0, 2.0, being sick and insomnia. You deserve some nice relaxing Gummy time to rejuvenate yourself.

Instead of doing household chores, you should take those days completely off...take a mini-vacation or something. You've been having some rough times, between 1.0, 2.0, being sick and insomnia. You deserve some nice relaxing Gummy time to rejuvenate yourself.

Actually, I did just that. I slept in this morning and got up and watched The Sopranos. Then, just sat around while my son did all of the work around here. I have a vacation coming up in August and I am planning on going away then.

Nice, putting the son to work....only thing they're good for besides eating a lot of food.

He's a good kid. He works hard and never argues with me. He and his mother used to battle pretty regularly, but all of that changed when he moved in with me. Right now, he's not speaking to his mother and I understand his reasons for it. I only hope that one day, he and her will patch up their relationship. After all, you only have one mother. My mother died eight years ago and I miss her terribly.

Nice, putting the son to work....only thing they're good for besides eating a lot of food.

Apparently, you've found some "use" for them at college.......... :laugh:

Apparently, you've found some "use" for them at college.......... :laugh:

:look:

I hate you both.

You do not. You love both of us as much as we love you. :laugh:

Ah, another wonderful day is almost done. It was actually kind of chilly here. It's only 58 right now. But the next few days are supposed to be near 90. No wonder people are getting sick.

Things are quiet on all fronts. Nothing new to report. I have a mini-mountain of paperwork sitting in front of me that I need to get cracking on.

It's not going to do itself.