Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

Actually, I did all of the Sugar High stuff when I was a kid. I really don't miss sugar at all.

My son's g/f made a Diabetic Lasagna tonight for dinner that was excellent!

Now I hope there is some leftover for a midnight snack. :biggrin:

Hey Bud sorry to here about your recent troubles.

Been there done that except for the marriage thing :biggrin:

It will all work out.

Been having problems myself.

Good luck bud.

I was wondering where you've been Odo. I knew that you must have been busy enough to keep you from being here. I'm glad that things are returning to normal for you. Don't worry about me. I've been through worse and survived it. I'm pretty sure that I can survive this as well. :biggrin:

The 4th or July Cookout was a smashing success. I even had a few beers (while staying away from my painkillers) and ate like a Viking. Only the rain made things not as much fun as they could have been.

2.0 e-mailed me last night. In it, she stated that she wanted to try to fix our problems and that she did what she felt that she had to do at that time (when she moved out). I decided to wait until this morning before I replied. I wanted to sleep on it before I told her of my feelings. So, I just finished my reply in which I told her that we're better off parting company permanently. She was hoping that I would drive up to visit her a few times this summer. With my knee injury, driving is something that I am unable to do until at least September. Why she chose now to want to try to fix what is permanently broken is beyond me. I explained that the stress level since my son moved in and before she moved out was intolerable. Since her departure, things here have been serene and that serenity has returned to my life. Trying to fix what was wrong cannot happen. I was willing to try a few months ago, but not anymore. Now, I must get the paperwork in motion and formally file for divorce.

I believe that, in the long run, this is the best course of action for all concerned.

It certainly appears that 2.0 has been contacting you and trying to make nice from the minute she moved out. Very strange...

Good for you for sticking to your guns, though!.. :biggrin:

Since 2.0 moved out, life has been serene. I won't do anything to change that. My son and his g/f told me that while she was here, they felt like they were walking on eggshells. I told them that I understood where they were coming from and that I would not, under any circumstances, take her back.

And that's a promise that I intend to keep.

Since all of the posts from yesterday are gone, I will repost my reply.

I said that I wouldn't sacrifice the tranquility of my family for anything. So, taking 2.0 back is out of the question. It's not going to happen.

On to other happenings....

My youngest is spending the weekend here with us. We really don't have anything planned since I am limited as to what I can do, which is nothing for the moment. I promised that we'd do something once my doctor clears me to resume normal activities.

Also, I would like to take a moment to remember all of the souls that were lost on July 7th, 2005 in London. May they find peace.

I don't know why I do to me what I do to me. I was up until 4am watching a replay of the Yankees Game (which I did watch live). Then I slept until noon.

That throws off my medication schedule big time. So, after scrambling I did get back on track. Of course when both of my kids are here, I end up waking up to a mess. Pizza Boxes left empty on the Kitchen Counter. Dishes piled high in the sink. Then, they get pissed when I start barking orders to get them to clean up after themselves. But you know what?

I wouldn't have it any other way. :biggrin:

Today is the Yankees Annual Old Timer's Game. Today, they're celebrating the 30th anniversary of the 1977 World Series Championship Team. I remember that season like it was yesterday. And ESPN will be airing a nine-week miniseries called "The Bronx Is Burning" starting Monday Night which is based on that season in the Bronx. Of course, I am TiVo'ing it. That season brings back a lot of great memories. Not just of Baseball, but my youth as well. It's amazing just how fast the years go by. It's almost scary. :dude:

Did I miss something? What happened to yesterday's posts?.. :biggrin:

Did I miss something? What happened to yesterday's posts?.. :dude:

The site was down yesturday. :biggrin:

Did I miss something? What happened to yesterday's posts?.. :biggrin:

Apparently, maintainance work was being done and the board didn't come back up until almost 2AM my time.

My youngest one went home today as he has Summer School tomorrow. So, he said that he'd be back next weekend. He told me that he's grown tired of 1.0's boyfriend. That didn't take very long. According to my youngest, he told me that the b/f has repeatedly said that he thinks that I am going out on a Disability Retirement. Hate to disappoint him, but I have every intention of returning to work once the doctor clears me.

Maybe that bum was hoping that something like that would happen to him so he wouldn't have to work anymore. And his kids are being pests to my youngest. Which makes him enjoy coming here all the more.

As Jad said

GUMMY POWER!!!!!

All you need to do is take care of yourself

And the Gummy bears :dude:

The hell with the rest. it will come around

for this i know been there.

Plus you have us :biggrin: if thats a good thing :blink:

Get well my friend.

Then get drunk get lucky and be happy.

And, as always, I thank you, Odo, for the words of encouragement.

It is so flippin' hot here today that I plan on doing nothing but sit either in the Air Conditioning or in front of a fan for the entire day. I do have some paperwork that needs my attention. Then it's another day of doing little or nothing.

It is so flippin' hot here today that I plan on doing nothing but sit either in the Air Conditioning or in front of a fan for the entire day. I do have some paperwork that needs my attention. Then it's another day of doing little or nothing.

I'm doing the same thing today. I'm sitting in front of the TV watching the TOS marathon.... :biggrin:

I'm doing the same thing today. I'm sitting in front of the TV watching the TOS marathon.... :biggrin:

What channel is that on?

What channel is that on?

Its on the G4 channel

What channel is that on?

Its on the G4 channel

I ended up watching the TOS Remastered Episode that I had on TiVo.

With this Heat Wave that we've got happening here in the Northeast, I thank God for my A/C. I slept like a baby last night.

My oldest and I watched the Home Run Derby on ESPN last night. I correctly picked the winner (Vlad Guerrero of the Angels). Then we watched the ESPN Original Miniseries, "The Bronx Is Burning". It's about the 1977 Yankees and everything that was happening during that crazy summer in New York City. It did bring back some fond memories for me from my youth. I was able to give my son some insight as to what things were like back then. He likes history and I am glad that he enjoyed it as much as I did.

Tpnight, I will be watching the All-Star Game on FOX. Other than that, I am planning on doing what I've been doing for the past two weeks. Not very much.....

The Heat Wave continues in my area as the temp is still 76 here.

Thank God I have A/C in my bedroom. Otherwise, I would be up all night.

I loved the All-Star Game tonight. The American League won 5-4 in a nailbiter of a game. Ichiro hit an inside-the-park home run for the AL Squad. I picked them to win. And for a change, I was right.

Tomorrow is another do-nothing day. I'm kinds tired of doing nothing. I can't wait to go back to work. Which can't happen soon enough.

Today was very interesting. Even though I wasn't planning on it being that way. I got my Separation Agreement Papers from 2.0 today. I know that she wrote them because she used to do that stuff for a living. I read them over carefully to make sure that there was no trickery in them. Now, I have to get them signed and notarized and filed with my County Clerk as soon as possible. The sooner this is all over with, the better.

I was just looking at the calendar. I didn't realize that today marks my 25th anniversary on the job. My God, time really does fly. Not only should I celebrate, but I should also remind my payroll department that they will need to add my Longevity Increment to my base pay. Granted, it's only $700 but it's better than nothing. After taxes, it adds up to about a week's worth of groceries. Today will be another day of rest and relaxation. Just like every day was for the past three weeks. And on Sunday, it will mean that it's been over two months since 2.0 moved out. Time really does fly when you're having fun. :biggrin:

I've decided to hold off on signing 2.0's separation papers until my lawyer reviews them first. Better safe than sorry.

It's not that I don't trust her (because I don't) but the strong aroma of weasel is in the air.....

Wise choice Gummer

Better safe then sorry

Good luck.

I faxed the papers to a friend of mine from school who is now a practicing attorney. I am waiting for his call-back. Hopefully, there won't be any surprises. Since he's an old friend, he's giving me a discount on his services.

He should. I bought him enough beer during our Senior Year to where he should be paying me. :biggrin:

When I am out of work like this (due to injury), there isn't much to put in my log. Add to that the fact that I can't get out to see what is going on in the world. I rely on TV and the Internet to keep me up to date on what I am missing.

My lawyer pal called me back today. He said that it's cool to sign 2.0's Separation Papers and that there were no hidden surprises in store for me.

So, now I have to go to my bank on Monday to get them notarized and filed at the County Clerk's Office. Looks like I'm going to have to buy my pal a beer the next time I see him.

Well, since it's been a week since my last entry, I suppose that should do something even it just to bump my own thread.

The knee is healing. I have another Ortho Doc's Appointment on Monday for more x-rays. It's been almost a month that I've been out of work. Time flies when you're not having fun. I've been staying up late (actually too late) and find myself sleeping until mid-to-late morning. Then, when I do get up, I usually watch a half hour of ESPN News, then play on the computer most of the day. I'm getting really good at Polar Bowler (a game that I bought for my computer thru Dell Games). But I wouldn't mind getting all healed up and going back to work. I think that I've seen every Star Trek Video on youtube. I've seen everything that I care to watch that I have saved on my TiVo. Now, I'm starting to get bored. And being couped up in the house has gotten old very quickly. The only time I get out is to go to the doctor's office. Other than that, I just sit around all day. If this is what retirement is like, then I don't ever want to retire.

I'd much rather be working.

So what you're saying is that there is absolutely no reason for you not to be at the chat tonight..... :biggrin: