Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

My DirecTV DVR and a receiver for my son's room were installed today.

I now get all of my Yankee Games in HD and tonight's shellacking of the White Sox (16-3) was a terrific game to christen it.

The picture was so clear that it was like looking out a window at the stadium. :yahoo:

Congrats on getting the HD broadcasts. Yeah, that 16 -3 games was fun for some. :) But the White Sox are showing a little life against the Tigers so far this weekend. :) This season the White Sox have been painful to watch at times, but at least the Indians fan in our house has reason to be happy.

I can't understand what happened to the White Sox this season. I mean, this is the same club that won it all just two seasons ago. It's almost like they've given up on the season. I wonder if Ozzie will be around after this season. The Indians have always had to potential to win, they've always had the bats, now they've got the pitching to match. One good thing about being in my house, everyone's a Yankees Fan, including my son's g/f who is torn between the Yankees and White Sox (her favorite childhood team). The Yankees' schedule gets tough starting next week as they begin to face teams with good records. This will be their true test to see if they have what it takes to make it to the Post Season for the 13th straight season.

the sox have lost all foucs as a team. i mean hell look at AJ. he's too bloody busy staring on jerry springer as a damn security guard, ozzie is too busy making fun of the umpire's in earshot distance, and they're hoping too much on burule (sue me if i can't spell his last name) Thome, and Dye. granted the cubs are doing better only because their only star this year is zambrano, but the sox can't seem to get their heads out of the dirt. i mean you've got a bunch of overpaid bunch of morons who can't foucs on the game itself. i mean the cubs put the rockies to shame last thrusday with a 11-2 game. but you also have to put into consideration the legendary curse that plauges the cubs everytime they make it to the NCLS.

My DirecTV DVR and a receiver for my son's room were installed today.

I now get all of my Yankee Games in HD and tonight's shellacking of the White Sox (16-3) was a terrific game to christen it.

The picture was so clear that it was like looking out a window at the stadium. :yahoo:

Congrats on getting the HD broadcasts. Yeah, that 16 -3 games was fun for some. :) But the White Sox are showing a little life against the Tigers so far this weekend. :) This season the White Sox have been painful to watch at times, but at least the Indians fan in our house has reason to be happy.

I can't understand what happened to the White Sox this season. I mean, this is the same club that won it all just two seasons ago. It's almost like they've given up on the season. I wonder if Ozzie will be around after this season. The Indians have always had to potential to win, they've always had the bats, now they've got the pitching to match. One good thing about being in my house, everyone's a Yankees Fan, including my son's g/f who is torn between the Yankees and White Sox (her favorite childhood team). The Yankees' schedule gets tough starting next week as they begin to face teams with good records. This will be their true test to see if they have what it takes to make it to the Post Season for the 13th straight season.

the sox have lost all foucs as a team. i mean hell look at AJ. he's too bloody busy staring on jerry springer as a damn security guard, ozzie is too busy making fun of the umpire's in earshot distance, and they're hoping too much on burule (sue me if i can't spell his last name) Thome, and Dye. granted the cubs are doing better only because their only star this year is zambrano, but the sox can't seem to get their heads out of the dirt. i mean you've got a bunch of overpaid bunch of morons who can't foucs on the game itself. i mean the cubs put the rockies to shame last thrusday with a 11-2 game. but you also have to put into consideration the legendary curse that plauges the cubs everytime they make it to the NCLS.

I have to believe that Kenny Williams will be looking to make changes over the off season. If I were him, my first move would be to find a new manager. Ozzie has lost this team. A.J. needs to get his head back in the game. Now I see why he's so quickly worn out his welcome in both Minnesota and San Fransisco. They're also going to have to decide what to do with Contreas. His age is starting to show. I think he's a lot older than his listed age of 33. I'm thinking that he's more like 43. Buherle will be fine, with the help of a new pitching coach. Thome and Dye would be two guys that I would keep around to help the young kids in the clubhouse. Crede and Jenks are also two kids to build a team around. I think that they can win again with some tweaking of that roster.

well i don't know what they need to do. it's starting to remind me of the 76 yankees except they actually won the damn world series. but seeing how i live near chi-town, i will still root for any team...even if it has to be the cubs.

Getting back on topic....

I've been cleared by my doctor to return to work on September 6th. After being on the Disabled List since the end of June, I am raring to go!!

I gave my son his first driving lesson on Saturday. He's not doing bad, although he was a little nervous at first. I reminded him that "exposure breeds composure" meaning the more he drives, the better he'll become at it.

If the rain holds off, I will be grilling chicken outdoors tonight. Which reminds me, I'm starving!!!!

I can't believe that it's Labor Day already. Although I haven't done anything over the summer due to injury, it really did fly by. I've gotten so used to staying up late and sleeping in that I have to get my body acclimated to "the routine" again as I return to Active Duty on Thursday. Which means getting up at 3:30 AM and being in bed no later than 10 PM. I am still giving my son Driving Lessons and getting him ready for his Road Test. He's doing well so far. I'm just glad that he doesn't have a Lead Foot. I reminded him that the first time he gets a Speeding Ticket, I take the car away (once he gets his license, that is). My next project is to get some weight off. I have gained a few pounds during my time on the Disabled List, so I need to shed some so that my clothes fit once again.

I did get a laugh the other day when my youngest came down. He told me that 1.0 caught her bum b/f cheating on her, yet she forgave him instantly. Yeah, right. If I had done that to her, she would have had me out of there without hesitation. She's an idiot.

Speaking of idiots, I got some e-mails recently from 2.0. From what I can surmise, she is regretting her leaving here. Well, that Front Door was an "Exit-Only" where she is concerned. So, now she knows that she screwed up. Well, if she had shown any good feelings towards my kids, maybe things might have turned out different. But she didn't and now she has realized that it's truly over. And she has no one to blame but herself.

I might forgive, but I never forget either.

Hey gummer glad to see you getting back to

work.

And all seems to be going well.

As for that stupid baseball game being played

after 3 towns were almost destroyed less then

75 miles from Detroit was shamefull.

The only good thing was that with the warning system

no one was killed or hurt badly.

Hey gummer glad to see you getting back to

work.

And all seems to be going well.

As for that stupid baseball game being played

after 3 towns were almost destroyed less then

75 miles from Detroit was shamefull.

The only good thing was that with the warning system

no one was killed or hurt badly.

You guys have a Warning System?

Our warning system is one of us sticking our head out of a window and looking upwards. :laugh:

With the severe damage that took place, the last thing that should have happened was a ballgame being played.

I've been back to wkr for a little over a week and it feels great. I really hate not working. It's nice to have a reason to get up in the morning.

My hometown Minor League Baseball Team, the Auburn Doubledays (NY-P League, Class "A" Short Season Team in the Toronto Bule Jays Farm System) won the League Championship on Friday Night with a 4-1 win over the Brooklyn Cyclones at KeySpan Park in Brooklyn, NY. The D-Days won six straight division titles but were ousted in the first round of the playoffs until this year. Congrats to Manager Dennis Holmberg and the entire Doubledays Team and Staff.

Haven't heard much from 2.0 lately. Which is a good thing.

Silence is golden. :)

Glad to here things going well Gum.

You deserve some good luck.

Looks like your damn yankees may make

the post season unless my Tigers can make a run.

or Cleveland folds.

all in all things going well with me to

scary. Almost like someone gave sleprock a umbrella

waiting for the wind to pick up and blow it away.

till then will enjoy.

as always best to you and yours.

Ed

I found out this morning that 2.0's mother passed away yesterday. She had been ill for awhile and it is believed that she had Cancer, but this hasn't been confirmed as no one but her and her doctors know the results of the Kidney Biopsy that was done six months ago. The only reason that I found anything out was that her sister e-mailed me late last night but I didn't read it until this morning. I don't know yet if I will be going up there (it's four hours away) for the services as I am not sure how welcome I would be there. 2.0 hasn't called me or made any attempt to contact me as of this entry.

This has been the Week From Hell.

I was planning on going to the Memorial Service for 2.0's mother. That is, until I was informed that my presence was neither required nor desired. Then, 2.0 e-mails me to tell me that she has filed for a quickie divorce. Come to find out, she has talked her father into putting the farm on the market and her lawyer told her that as long as we were still legally married, I would be entitled to a portion of the money from the sale. For the record, I don't want a dime of that money. Anyways, 2.0 also admitted to my sister and to her nephew that she has been hacking into my e-mail account for over a year. She has been reading (and in some cases, printing) my personal e-mails. I am considering having her arrested for this. I have to consult the State Police to see what charges, if any, can be levied against her. Her sister and I have been communicating since 2.0 and I were married and the sister has been telling me all about her dysfunctional family. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have ever married the witch. But the same can be said for 1.0 too.

Anyways, to make a long story even longer, my sister called me on Sunday to ask if I was going to attend 2.0's mother's services. I told her that I wasn't invited. She tells me that she's been talking to 2.0 and she wanted me to come up there. So, then my sister and I get into a rather nasty battle. First over the phone (until I hung up on her) then by e-mails. I finally told her to leave me alone and not to speak to me until she learns not to speak to me as though I were still ten years old. She hasn't gotten back to me yet, so I can only assume that she's still pissed at me. Getting back to the rest of the story...2.0 called me twice on Sunday Morning (waking me from a sound sleep) to tell me not to attend the services. I hung up on her both times, hoping that she would get the message. She didn't. Now it's time for me to play Hardball.

I was informed by 2.0's sister that the Memorial Service was nice. 175 people showed up and there were no in-family battles (which kinda surprised me). She said that she wished that I could have been there.

I wish that I could have been too. If only to pay my respects.

Wow!...2.0 should definitely be made to pay for hacking into your personal emails! I guess you have to change your password so that it can't happen again. I don't know why you even considered going to the memorial service. It also sounds like 2.0's sister has more than a passing interest in you.... :nono:

Wow!...2.0 should definitely be made to pay for hacking into your personal emails! I guess you have to change your password so that it can't happen again. I don't know why you even considered going to the memorial service. It also sounds like 2.0's sister has more than a passing interest in you.... :nono:

Actually 2.0 and her sister don't get along and haven't for several years. And her sister is living with a really nice guy (we've had several conversations and I couldn't steal his woman away from him even if I wanted to).

I actually had a brief thought about attending the services, but it quickly passed when I remembered that I had a full schedule this week. My password is being changed as we speak.

Come to find out, 2.0 has hacked into every one of my e-mail accounts. I almost think that she may be using a program from "gotomyPC.com" to gain access. Now, all of my passwords have been changed and I make sure that I log off after checking my e-mail.

I decided to treat myself this weekend to something that I have not done since my kids were babies.

I bought a new car. It's a 2007 Ford Edge, fully loaded, All-Wheel Drive, Sirius Satellite Radio, Dual Sunroofs, and all the gadgets with the exception of a GPS, which I really don't need since I don't go anyplace.

I have to take my youngest back home to his mother's today. She'll have kittens when she sees that I am actually driving something nicer that what she has. Too bad for her.

sept29th014.jpg

Isn't it illegal what 2.0 is doing? Perhaps one of the boys in blue should pay her a visit!

Sweet ride you got there, Gummy! Whos that standing next to it?

Very nice car Gummy! I'm due for something newer soon - my Tempo is showing its age. Let us know how your new car does performance and milage wise etc.

I agree with Kor that 2.0 should be visited by authorities for hacking into your accounts. What a jerkette!

Isn't it illegal what 2.0 is doing? Perhaps one of the boys in blue should pay her a visit!

Sweet ride you got there, Gummy! Whos that standing next to it?

That's my oldest son, Eric (yes, Kor , I have one of those too. :) ) next to it. I gave him my old car and he's been out cleaning it ever since.

I asked my lawyer about having her arrested, but he said that it would be a waste of time because the jodge would tell both of us to grow up and toss the case out of court.

Even tho Eric looks like he's trying to get out of the shot, he's actually going to uncover the gas grill so I could get dinner started.

The new car rides like a dream. It gets 17mpg in the city and 28 on the highway. That's better than my Grand Am got.

2.0 put an ad on Yahoo Personals and actually had a date last night. I'm hoping that she finds someone quick and leaves me the hell alone.

It would appear that Fall is finally here as the temp is only 50 right now. Considering that we've seen 80-90 the past few weeks, I actually enjoy this.

But, it also means that the shorts get put away and the long pants are back out of the dresser.

Thats pretty pathetic having to put an ad in Yahoo personals just to find a date. Lets hope she doesn't end up buried under some lunatic's front porch...........or maybe you think that might be a good thing?.... :hug:

Thats pretty pathetic having to put an ad in Yahoo personals just to find a date. Lets hope she doesn't end up buried under some lunatic's front porch...........or maybe you think that might be a good thing?.... :hug:

If it happened, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.