Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

Sorry to hear about your accident. :biggrin: Just don't have another one going up and down the stairs.

Believe me, caution is foremost on my mind lately. I don't want/need to be injured any worse that I already am.

I sent my son and his g/f out to get groceries in my car. I had them put gas in it and just get the groceries and come back. Pretty simple, right?

Not exactly.

My son took my cell phone (which I'm glad that I insisted on) and his g/f calls me to tell me that there's a big puddle of coolant underneath my car. I told them to open the hood and see if anything was leaking. They said that they couldn't tell. So now my Garage is being dispatched to go and flatbed my car to their locale to see how much this is going to cost me. I'm guessing it is the water pump, but I think that I had that replaced last year.

When it rains, it pours. :biggrin:

Oh, joy. Another restless night. My game plan is to stay up as long as I possibly can. Get good and tired and then pass out in the bed in my Ready Room. Well, the only way this plan works is if the cat doesn't decide that it wants to sleep at your feet. It's bad enough trying to sleep with the leg brace on, but when the cat(s) decided they like to use you for warmth (Ed. Note: It did get kinda chilly last night here in my area. The windows were open, thus resulting in the basement getting cool) and it makes for a rather uncomfortable night's sleep.

Or lack thereof.

If not your water pump, then its a leak in your radiator. It could be as simple as a leaky hose.

If not your water pump, then its a leak in your radiator. It could be as simple as a leaky hose.

That's what I was thinking. Or the overflow basin may have a leak in it. It's being checked nonetheless.

I had to go to bed early last night as my knee was killing me. I figured that if I was in bed, maybe it wouldn't hurt as much. I was right. And I did sleep about six hours. Until I almost fell out of bed (the bed in my Ready Room is a single and is kinda small for me). Today will be another day filled with nothing. I only have one pressing appointment this week and that is my Ortho Doc's Appt. on Tuesday Morning. Other than that, my schedule is pretty much clear.

on the bright side its more time to spend with us

That is the ONLY bright side to all of this. Getting to spend time here with all of you. :biggrin:

I am glad there is a bright side to all your problems with the car. :biggrin:

I am glad there is a bright side to all your problems with the car. :biggrin:

Actually, the car problems are non-issues. I just want my knee to get better. I am taking care of myself and doing everything that my docs tell me to. They all know that I am a very good patient. Besides, the one girl that helped the doctor in applying my leg brace was very nice looking. Naturally, I am old enough to be her father, but still, the view was nice from the exam table. :P

There is nothing wrong with looking at eye candy. At least it tells me that you still a male. :biggrin:

There is nothing wrong with looking at eye candy. At least it tells me that you still a male. :P

I can assure you that I am both male and straight. And my eyes will always be checking out beautiful women as long as they both still can see. And being housebound for the foreseeable future, I will nejoy my little sojourns to the doctor's office just so I can see the babes and not driving allows me to look just that much more. :biggrin: Oh, Lord. Now I sound like a Dirty Old Man. :P

Don't worry about it. There is other member where I worked that serious injuries from a car accident last year. He said the hardest part of his hospital stay was sponge bath he got from all the young women on the ward. He had problems not raising for the occasion during the sponge bath if you know what I mean. :biggrin:

i could tell u a story but cam sometimes reads these pages lol

PM it to me... :biggrin:

Yeap, you are a duty old man. There is nothing wrong being that. If you had meet my grandfather you might be blushing if you ever heard him talk.

Yeap, you are a duty old man. There is nothing wrong being that. If you had meet my grandfather you might be blushing if you ever heard him talk.

Let's put it this way, I know a woman that is nearing 80 that has three boyfriends, two of which are almost half her age, get lucky regularly, and all she talks about is sex. She makes me blush. And she also has patted my butt on more than one occasion. She makes me feel cheap and dirty.

Not that it's a bad thing...... :biggrin:

Don't worry about it. There is other member where I worked that serious injuries from a car accident last year. He said the hardest part of his hospital stay was sponge bath he got from all the young women on the ward. He had problems not raising for the occasion during the sponge bath if you know what I mean. :P

I had a similar situation during my last hospital stay. Only I didn't bother to check myself. I just let it happen.

And the nurse didn't mind. Although there was this one....never mind... :blush 2:

Welcome to the D.O.M. club!.......Van Roy is the current President. He'll make sure you get your badge and free t-shirt!....... :biggrin:

Welcome to the D.O.M. club!.......Van Roy is the current President. He'll make sure you get your badge and free t-shirt!....... :biggrin:

I knew that I would get something cool from all of this.

And now, today's happenings....

2.0 emailed me this morning to wish me a Happy Second Wedding Anniversary. Apparently, she's not getting the picture. She did ask how I was doing and how the leg is coming along. I suppose that I should get my lawyer moving on the divorce proceedings.

I did sleep pretty good last night. Six Hours isn't bad for me.

My brother and his wife invited us to their Fourth of July Cookout at their house. I told them that I would have to wait until after my doctor's apointment on Tuesday before I could accept the invite.

Tonight will be a quite night of baseball and ENT on Sci-Fi.

Life can be good at time..... :P

A quiet night of ENT on Sci Fi ... and another medical emergency. Oh no, Trip is pregnant! "But, captain, all I did is put my hands in something in the holo-deck." Yeah, right! .... :biggrin:

A quiet night of ENT on Sci Fi ... and another medical emergency. Oh no, Trip is pregnant! "But, captain, all I did is put my hands in something in the holo-deck." Yeah, right! .... :biggrin:

yeah, I tivo'ed ENT and watched the ballgame.

Well, tonight was the most uncomfortable night I've had since the application of the leg brace. And this single bed in the Ready Room didn't help matters. Tonight, I may have to try to navigate the big stairs in hopes of sleeping in my own bed. I know that I can't take another night of this tiny bed. I want my California King Sized Bed.

Just got back home from the Ortho Doc's appt. They did another x-ray and all is healing nicely. He wants to see me again in three weeks. My car came home. My garage found no leaks and didn't charge me for anything except the tow. I discovered that 2.0 has been communicating with my sister. My sister asked me what I was going to do for my Wedding Anniversary. I told her that I wasn't planning to even acknowledge the day and that I preferred that it passed in normal fashion. But that is how I want my birthday to pass as well.

Remember when we looked FORWARD to birthdays?...... :biggrin:

Actually, I stopped celebrating them in 1999, the year my mother passed on. They just don't mean anything to me anymore. They're just another day as far as I am concerned.

Actually, I stopped celebrating them in 1999, the year my mother passed on. They just don't mean anything to me anymore. They're just another day as far as I am concerned.

But aren't you depriving your kids a bit? They feel special by making you feel special on your birthday. Let them honor you.

But aren't you depriving your kids a bit? They feel special by making you feel special on your birthday. Let them honor you.

I let them do the cake and ice cream thing. But that's about all. I told them that a simple card and a hug is all that I ever want. So, I make things simple for them.

I let them do the cake and ice cream thing. But that's about all. I told them that a simple card and a hug is all that I ever want. So, I make things simple for them.

A case of beer wouldn't hurt either...... :P

Remember when we looked FORWARD to birthdays?...... :P

A case of beer wouldn't hurt either...... :P

You forget that I'm a Diabetic. I can't have alcohol. :biggrin:

I know how you feel Gummy, on the whole birthday issue. I have just lost both parents. Why the hell would my birthday be special now. Sure its a celebration of me being alive, but really who is there to celebrate it with? I have no one. So as far as I am concerned it gets added to the days I wish wouldn't occur. I am planning on spending my birthday in a city far from where I live, and not working. I guess I will have to mention that to the temp agency tomorrow.

Sry your a diabetic though Gummy. You get to miss out on all the fun sugar highs.