Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

My son and his g/f gave me a late Father's Day Gift today. They got me a subscription to Star Trek Magazine.

Thats a great magazine. I subscribe to it also.

I've missed the first year of it and I'm regretting it. I need to do some catch-up reading. :laugh:

Today's In-Service Training was dull. I was hoping to let some Gas Grenades fly, but it's way too windy and we don't want to gas the Amish Farm up the road from our Training Area. So, that got scrubbed.

My youngest is supposed to come and spend the weekend with me. His mother's going to drop him off tonight. I was going to pick him up, but he's engaged in an XBox 360 on-line tournament with his friends, so he said that he wanted to wait until later to come down. I see that I am second only to a Gaming Console.

I'm off this weekend, so I am hoping to be here for tomorrow night's chat. Unless I get called for overtime, which has been happening a lot lately. And I'm loving it.

Mo' money...Mo' money....Mo' money!!!!!

*rasies eyebrow*

:laugh: :( i saw that movie about 10 years ago and i still find it funny

It was also one of the skits in the Wayans Brother's "In Living Color" Comedy Show.

It's still very funny today. :laugh:

*rasies eyebrow*

:laugh: :( i saw that movie about 10 years ago and i still find it funny

It was also one of the skits in the Wayans Brother's "In Living Color" Comedy Show.

I remember those skits! In Living Color was a very funny show! Much funnier than some of the TV programs of today imo.

*rasies eyebrow*

:tear: :( i saw that movie about 10 years ago and i still find it funny

I remember those skits! In Living Color was a very funny show! Much funnier than some of the TV programs of today imo.

FX still shows the reruns. I love watching it. My kids are into now too. :laugh:

I loved the Fire Marshall Bill Skits.

The "Men on Film" was also hilarious!

Ok, getting back to topic....

My mini-vacation is almost over. It's back to work tomorrow. This past week just flew by. But, my next vacation in August will be busy. I'll be taking my kids to Cooperstown for a day for our Annual Sojourn. We leave here very early in the morning, get down there, have breakfast at the Shortstop Diner then walk through the Baseball Hall Of Fame and just spend the day down there. Former Yankees Third Baseman Clete Boyer used to be there for the whole summer, but sadly, he passed away last month after suffering a stroke.

We used to meet up with him for coffee and he would tell us stories about his times with the Yankees and stories about Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Whitey Ford. I could sit and listen to him for hours at a time. He was a really nice man and a true gentleman. I'll miss him terribly when we're there.

2:15 AM. I am wide awake. Oh, Dear God. I am going to be so screwed today. By 10 am, I'll be fighting to keep my eyes open. I hate it when this happens.

I had a lovely IM conversation with my older sister last night. She turned 57 yesterday, so I thought I would wish her a happy birthday. Well, imagine my surprise to find out that she's been conversing with 2.0 via e-mails all this time. Not to my surprise was my sister telling me that the best thing that ever happened to me was 2.0!!! Yeah, right. Try living with her! It damn sure wasn't no day at the beach. My life has been almost serene since her departure. It's as though the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders. My sister, being the old maid that she is, said that it's no fun living alone. I reminded her that I don't live alone, that my son and his g/f are also here and they make my life complete. That was when the conversation ended as she got a phone call from my son wanting to wish her a happy birthday (per my request). That ended the conversation that was starting to take a wrong turn into the Badlands.

Well, I should get my lunch packed. I can see that it's going to be a long day.

I can't stand it when you really have to get some sleep and then can't fall asleep! That happens to me all the time!

I can't stand it when you really have to get some sleep and then can't fall asleep! That happens to me all the time!

It's a nightly thing with me. On my days off, I stay up late (usually on the computer and here at this board) and then I get to sleep in the next morning. But when I do go to bed early, and last night, bedtime was 9:30 pm, I had no trouble falling asleep. But then my eyes popped open at 1:55 am and I was wide awake. And I hate that. It's hard enough trying to stay awake, but with this heat (it's 92 here in Upstate NY), that makes it just that much harder. :laugh:

It's a nightly thing with me. On my days off, I stay up late (usually on the computer and here at this board) and then I get to sleep in the next morning. But when I do go to bed early, and last night, bedtime was 9:30 pm, I had no trouble falling asleep. But then my eyes popped open at 1:55 am and I was wide awake. And I hate that. It's hard enough trying to stay awake, but with this heat (it's 92 here in Upstate NY), that makes it just that much harder. :laugh:

I really don't miss the summers in Upstate NY at all. How high is the humidity?

I really don't miss the summers in Upstate NY at all. How high is the humidity?

80%. Yeah, it's very uncomfortable. And I am working all night tonight into tomorrow. I am going in tonight at 9:45pm and getting out of work at 2:00pm tomorrow afternoon. Tonight's an overtime gig, so it's not like I'm planning on working really hard. At least I hope it's a quiet night. :(

They say that it's supposed to be the hottest summer ever recorded. For once, I hope they're wrong. :laugh:

Just when things are starting to look up, my luck takes a turn for the worse.

Early Tuesday Morning, while I was working overtime, I went to step out of my patrol truck when I landed in a hole. X-rays show that I broke my right Tibular Plateau (you'll have to google it to know exactly what it is). I am now in a leg brace from Groin to Ankle and I'm out of work for the next six to eight weeks. The pain is excruciating. I'm on Viccodin right now and am feeling loopy.

cam did same damage on his first bike accident. hope you get better soon. lucky for that extra overtime!

GET WELL SOON!!!

cam did same damage on his first bike accident. hope you get better soon. lucky for that extra overtime!

GET WELL SOON!!!

Thank you for the get well wishes. Now, they have to hire overtime to cover me while I am out.

I know that it's going to be a very long summer. :laugh:

I'm so sorry about your accident!.. :laugh: Good thing you get sick leave, though. I hope you heal up real soon.

I'm so sorry about your accident!.. :laugh: Good thing you get sick leave, though. I hope you heal up real soon.

Actually, since it happened while I was on duty, it's Workman's Comp. So, my sick time will remain in tact.

But still, I would much rather be working than sitting around the house. The last time I was injured in the line was 1984, about two weeks after 1.0 and I got married. And now my second time happens about a month and a half after 2.0 moves out. I was bored then and I am bored now. But at least I'm not like some of the guys that I have worked with over the years that would go out on Comp with paper cuts. :laugh: That's not my style.

Well, I slept in the bed down in my Ready Room. For what little sleep that I got. It's still muggy here, and it never got below 72 last night. The leg is still bothering me. I need a Viccodin badly, but my pills are upstairs and I am downstairs. My son is going to my sister's this morning to get my walker that I had from my foot surgery. This way, I can have the walker downstairs (where my Ready Room is located) and the crutches upstairs. This should make things easier for everyone concerened.

i could come nurse you but i really dont think thats gunna happen this time

I appreciate the offer. But I'm afraid that paying you the mileage to come here would put me in the Poor House. :biggrin:

Ooh, ouch, owie, sorry about your accident - I hope you can be as comfortable as possible.

Thanks. I have been trying to find ways of being comfortable, but with little success. I would love nothing more than to sleep in my own bed, but getting up my stairs to my bedroom is virtually impossible right now. Maybe soon. But for now, the spare bed in my Ready Room will have to do. :biggrin:

try going up backwards on your bottom

Wanna hear something sad? My bottom is too big for my stairs. :biggrin:

Wow, Gummy, sorry to hear about your accident. :biggrin: Please hang in there, maybe the weather will moderate a bit and you won't feel so miserable. Hang in there!

Wow, Gummy, sorry to hear about your accident. :P Please hang in there, maybe the weather will moderate a bit and you won't feel so miserable. Hang in there!

Thanks, and I am hanging in there. It's cooling off tonight and my son is up so I may try to go to my bedroom with his help. I just need a TV up there. 2.0 took hers that was in there. :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your accident. :biggrin: Just don't have another one going up and down the stairs.