Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

Other than the fact that my youngest son is spending the weekend here, I should be at tonight's chat. Depending on how late dinner is served.

And no sooner did I just say that I would try to be there, I get my e-mail reminder for tonight's chat. :biggrin:

Oh, what a weekend!

First off, we had a terrific crowd in the chatroom last night. I had a blast! My thanks to all who participated.

Then, my son came down and we had fun catching up on all that is happening with him.

And to top it all off, my Yankees went on a hitting barrage and whooped the Devil Dogs over the weekend. Today's final was 21-4 with the Yankees on top. A fantastic weekend all around! :biggrin:

The chat was pretty great this week. I'm sorry I came in late but with my car back on the road, Saturday night is cruise night. I'll try to make it as often as I can though.

As for those darn Yankees........well........I'm not going there.....lol

The chat was pretty great this week. I'm sorry I came in late but with my car back on the road, Saturday night is cruise night. I'll try to make it as often as I can though.

As for those darn Yankees........well........I'm not going there.....lol

it was a rather historic weekend for the Yanks. First time in team history that they had two consecutive games with 20 or more hits.

Today will be a busy day as I am scheduled for more x-rays on my knee. I think that I've been exposed to more radiation than leftover Meatloaf. :biggrin:

Commodore's Log. Supplemental.

My leg brace finally came off for good today. X-Rays show that the break has indeed healed and I now begin five weeks of Physical Therapy on Wednesday.

When the doctor bent my leg today, it hurt like hell. The doctor was a Buffalo NY Fire Fighter for 11 years while putting himself through Med School. Not that it matters, I thought it was an interesting side note.

My leg brace finally came off for good today. X-Rays show that the break has indeed healed and I now begin five weeks of Physical Therapy on Wednesday.

When the doctor bent my leg today, it hurt like hell. The doctor was a Buffalo NY Fire Fighter for 11 years while putting himself through Med School. Not that it matters, I thought it was an interesting side note.

If I am guessing person he went to New York States University at Buffalo. :biggrin: :laugh:

If I am guessing person he went to New York States University at Buffalo. :biggrin: :laugh:

He did.

I guess when I finally get my shoulder operated on, I'll be going through the same kind of rehab. Good luck with it Gummy. The more you work the rehab, the better off your leg will be. Become one with the pain....lol.

BTW: In response to another thread, I think you would make an excellent mod. For one thing, you actually participate in this site unlike 99% of the current mods. I truly think that VGB needs to do a thorough housecleaning in this area.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Kor. I appreciate it.

As for the P.T., the pain is something that I've gotten used to. I've weaned myself completely off of the painkillers. I can't see taking them and possibly becoming addicted to them, so I put them away. The P.T. is actually something that I started working on with a few simple exercises that the doctor taught me. I'm finding out that I'm not in as good a shape as I was 20 years ago.

Physical Therapy is going good so far. My second session is scheduled for tomorrow.

My oldest son is happy tonight. I went out and bought a 47" Plasma HDTV and PlayStation 3 for the Living Room. I also got him an early Christmas Gift of two games for it. He wanted Tony Hawk 8 and Spiderman 3 for the system.

Now I have to get ahold of DirecTV for the additional HD Equipment. Then I can watch my ballgames in HD!!!! Which can't happen soon enough.

I'd swear at you but its a family forum!!!

Lucky so and so

I'm lucky that my Disability Insurance Check rolled in when it did. That policy freed up other money so that my son could get his wish.

Now I have to get ahold of DirecTV for the additional HD Equipment. Then I can watch my ballgames in HD!!!!

Yeah! Watching the Red Sox crush the Yankees last night would have looked great in HD!...... :)

Now I have to get ahold of DirecTV for the additional HD Equipment. Then I can watch my ballgames in HD!!!!

Yeah! Watching the Red Sox crush the Yankees last night would have looked great in HD!...... :)

No, it was the Red Sox crushing the Indians and the Royals crushing the Yankees last night.

And it wasn't much fun to watch. :eek:

hey even my Tigers have lost 4 of the last 6 :eek:

but still in first place :)

hey even my Tigers have lost 4 of the last 6 :)

but still in first place :eek:

At least you're in first place.

My guys are trying to get someplace near there. :lol:

I think that I overdid it yesterday. I took my sons shopping yesterday as it was the first time that I had done that in over a month. Last night, between the left foot (surgically altered) and right knee (you already know that story), I was a hurting unit. Even the Vicodin didn't work. I know that I'm going to get yelled at by my Physical Therapist at tomorrow's session.

Needless to say, I figured out that I'm not fully healed yet. My impatience got the better of me.

don't rush it man. i mean my dad's is going in for thearapy for his left leg that got injured when i was three...i'd tell the story but this is your log.

Gummy, don't rush yourself. Take the time for your leg to fully heal itself. You would not want to go back if something happens during the healing process.

I did absolutely nothing today. I sat around and watched TV and stayed off of the leg all day. Which helped immensely. No more pushing myself beyond my limits. I learned my lesson.

On a sad note, a former co-worker of mine and friend died from injuries suffered in a motorcycle accident last night. He was only 46. He and I used to talk about baseball every morning before our tour began. I will miss him.

Please don't try to rush your recovery! My aunt pushed too soon after a hip injury and she always had a limp. Listen to your physical therapist and keep doing exercises, etc.... "This lecture has been brought to you by than Older Than Dirt Club. " .... :)

Very sorry to hear about your friend. My deepest condolences.

I feel for you, Gummy! I went walking on the Atlantic City boardwalk on Saturday afternoon. When we got back my foot was throbbing. I limped the rest of the day.

Yes, trekz and Kor, I m learning that my body isn't digging me putting it through the rigors of what I used to be able to do. I have another PT session this afternoon, then I'm just going to sit around for the rest of the day.

Thursday can't get here quick enough. That's when my DirecTV Field Rep comes out to install my HD DVR and install another receiver in my son's room. I told him that he can keep the PS3 on the Plasma TV so we can watch HD DVD's on it too. Today, he's keeping his end of the bargain. He promised me that he'd get a haircut. For the first time in over a year. I don't harp on my kids about their personal appearance, because I believe in Freedom of Expression. But he's realizing that employers do take personal appearance into account when hiring. So, today, his g/f and I are taking him to get his hair styled and then it's clothes shopping time.

I love my son, but the way he looks right now, he looks like he should be running a Meth Lab. :) Which, in my line of work, ain't cool.

My day was a bit busier than I had originally planned.

My DirecTV DVR and a receiver for my son's room were installed today.

I now get all of my Yankee Games in HD and tonight's shellacking of the White Sox (16-3) was a terrific game to christen it.

The picture was so clear that it was like looking out a window at the stadium. :)

It's pretty obvious that when I'm not working, there's really not much to tell.

But there are a few things to tell.

My friend that was killed in the morotcycle accident was cremated this week after his organs were harvested. 55 people benefited from his donation. So, at least his death wasn't meaningless. Others will live because of his thoughtfulness.

Physical Therapy is going well. I'm going three times a week and the workout is being upped with each passing week. Which I look forward to.

Alex Rodriguez hit his 500 Career Home Run today, which I got to see on TV. He became the youngest player to reach that plateau in MLB History.

Now, I need to watch the rest of the game.

I now get all of my Yankee Games in HD and tonight's shellacking of the White Sox (16-3) was a terrific game to christen it.

The picture was so clear that it was like looking out a window at the stadium. :)

Congrats on getting the HD broadcasts. Yeah, that 16 -3 games was fun for some. :) But the White Sox are showing a little life against the Tigers so far this weekend. :yahoo: This season the White Sox have been painful to watch at times, but at least the Indians fan in our house has reason to be happy.

Congrats on getting the HD broadcasts. Yeah, that 16 -3 games was fun for some. :) But the White Sox are showing a little life against the Tigers so far this weekend. :yahoo: This season the White Sox have been painful to watch at times, but at least the Indians fan in our house has reason to be happy.

I can't understand what happened to the White Sox this season. I mean, this is the same club that won it all just two seasons ago. It's almost like they've given up on the season. I wonder if Ozzie will be around after this season. The Indians have always had to potential to win, they've always had the bats, now they've got the pitching to match. One good thing about being in my house, everyone's a Yankees Fan, including my son's g/f who is torn between the Yankees and White Sox (her favorite childhood team). The Yankees' schedule gets tough starting next week as they begin to face teams with good records. This will be their true test to see if they have what it takes to make it to the Post Season for the 13th straight season.

Today started off crappy. At Physical Therapy, I was adjusting one of the machines when it flew up and smacked me in the face, leaving a small cut above my right eye. A Butterfly Bandage was used to close the cut. It also bent my glasses, thus requiring me to wait at the local Empire Vision for 45 minutes to get them repaired. In the six years that my PT Guy's place has been open, I was the first accident to happen there. Apparently, luck is something that other people have.

Tonight, I am taking my kids to see "Rush Hour 3" then out to dinner. Hopefully, the waitress won't dump my soup in my lap.

Seriously, Gummi......why in the world are the almighty Yankees having such a hard time with a pathetic team like the Orioles?........ :yahoo:

Seriously, Gummi......why in the world are the almighty Yankees having such a hard time with a pathetic team like the Orioles?........ :yahoo:

You'll notice that they haven't won a game since Phil Rizzuto died.

I am beginning to think that there is a connection. :)