Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

My youngest tells me that 1.0 and her boyfriend are contemplating suing me for slander. I told him not to worry about it because it's only slander if it's not true. 1.0's boy-toy's last day at work is next Wednesday. He didn't even survive probation. I had six months in the pool, so I may be a winner of some cash. They had to fire him after the thousands of dollars worth of damage he's done to various things on the job. And he runs from work and when something needs to be done, he's nowheres to be found. I called him a bum right from the get-go and sadly, I called that one correctly.

remind me not to try to live with you.

There are days when I don't want to live with me.

So, you're not alone in that sentiment.

remind me not to try to live with you.

There are days when I don't want to live with me.

So, you're not alone in that sentiment.

ohhhh poor gummy

Actually, with 2.0 gone, life truly has gotten better. I can do what I want, when I want to do it, and not have someone question my every move. Besides, she didn't like my kids, so she had to go.

My kids and I are a package deal. Whether she liked it or not.

I have to go for a Nuclear Stress Test this morning. For those who don't know what this is, it's where they inject a radioactive dye into your veins to see how your blood flows and to ensure that the heart is working properly.

I had one done four years ago and they almost killed me on the treadmill. But, it's something that is needed, so I have to get it done and over with.

Sometimes, staying alive is a pain.

Today, they just did the x-ray movie of my heart with the radioactive dye running through it. Tomorrow is the treadmill.

Oh, joy.

Good luck with the test, my friend!.. :)

I made it through the treadmill part without looking like George Jetson (JANE, STOP THIS CRAZY THING!).

The doc said that everything looked great and to drop some weight. So, now I don't have to see him again until next summer. Since Heart Disease runs in my family, I have to be checked once a year. Just to be on the safe side.

So what are you going to do about the weight?

The diet began yesterday. The exercise stuff began this morning.

I gotta do it. A lot of people depend on me to stay alive.

I'm not about to let any of them down.

Make sure that the majority of your workpit is aerobic in nature. Getting your heart rate up for a sustained period of time is the only natural way to lose weight.

Make sure that the majority of your workpit is aerobic in nature. Getting your heart rate up for a sustained period of time is the only natural way to lose weight.

You read my mind.

I've lost weight before. In fact, I used to weigh 195 only four years ago. The Insulin really packs on the pounds, that and the lack of activity because of the foot healing up. Now that it's healed, I have no excuse not to get out and walk. And hit the weight room at work.

i wanna get on the weight loss band wagon

Back in the late 80's-early 90's, I was on a serious exercise kick. I was walking five miles everyday, then it progressed to jogging, mixing in Aerobics, Weight Training and other things (chasing after my kids who were babies at that time). Then, I was diagnosed with Diabetes and went through my first divorce, and pretty much didn't care about anything anymore. Now, after my second divorce, I am back to caring once again and am now getting back into the weight loss game yet again. I can tell you this, as you get older, it gets more difficult to lose the weight. I find that it's harder to do now than it was 20 years ago. So, Jenna, my love, if you want to lo9se weight, do it now before it is too late.

thinking WEDDING!!!!!

ARGH, gotta lose some weight, anyone wanna hold it for me

Thanks, but my hands are quite full right now. :)

I didn't realize that my Personal Log got locked since it's been inactive, so I will start a new one.

Things are their usual busy self these days. I work, sleep, watch baseball and play on the computer.

That's pretty much all I have been doing. I had to go for an MRI on the knee that I broke last summer.

Come to find out, it's still broken.n1qshok.gif My doctor said that there's not much that can be done for it. He told me not to run, jump or do anything like that. Looks like my "Dancing With The Stars" gig has gone out the window.smiley-channel.de_zunge024.gif

So, I've been staying off of it as much as possible and I have to go back to the doctors on June 30th for another examination.

How in the world could it still be broken after all this time?....... :laugh:

The X-Ray that I had done back in September missed it completely.

The MRI showed that the break was still there.

Apparently, I don't heal as well as I like to think that I do.

The diabetes and the broken knee does nbot sound like fun by any stretch of the imagination . . . I am another who is having to lose weight - to relieve stress on knees, ankles, hips, heart, and everything else plus I have my boy to chase around . . . so I can understand that part . . .