Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

I appreciate it more than you could know. Odo, Kira, Kor and everyone here have been terrific comfort for me. Good Friends are priceless.

Its not thanks Gum

Its what friends do

you are our friend

like i said i got your back

Through thick or thin

friends are friends

God, now you've all got me misty eyed. Thank God for you and my kids for helping me keep my sanity through all of what's been happening.

Today was actually a pretty good day, other than the thunderstorms and torrential downpours that we got, I was still able to get a lot done. My son, his girlfriend and I went out to lunch then got the shopping done. My son's g/f has an apartment full of stuff that will replace all that 2.0 is taking with her. Plus today I gave 1.0 my last full Child Support Check that I will have to write her.

It's like getting a raise. Now I can focus on making my place even nicer than it was when 2.0 was doing the decorating. Her taste and mine weren't really compatible. I like things more on the traditional side and she liked crap that was rescued from the dump via a Garage Sale. Her parents live for that stuff. The last time we went to visit them, they dragged me (literally kicking and screaming) to 17 of them in one day. All the while, her sister kept texting me, "Having Fun Yet? lol" and stuff like that. She was enjoying me suffer. But she bought dinner that night and said, "my heart and sympathies were with you all day." That kinda made me feel better. But that was still one day that I will never get back.

My kitchen looks as bare as the day that I moved in. I plan to remedy that situation by getting some cool stuff to fill it up with. My son's g/f has taste similar to mine, so between her and I, we can get that looking like the Galley on the NX-01 in no time. Which I think would be very cool. :yahoo:

Oh, things aren't quite better yet. 2.0's nephew couldn't come down today with her mother's van to get her junk out, but it will happen on Saturday and she'll be gone on Sunday, hopefully before I get out of work. That will be the nicest of all days. And my kids will get the upstairs bathroom and vacate my personal bathroom that is adjacent to my Ready Room. I am planning to mail my wedding band to her PO Box with a note that will say only "Goodbye". I know it's less than classy, but after the Hell that she's put me though, it's my turn to drop the proverbial hammer.

Nice Gummy, well you know we will always be here... And with Gary leaveing me to go active duty hes got to do training for his new job which we arnt sure of what hes doing yet all the paper work has to be done and crap then he gets to pick an MOS... So yeah...

Looks like your a free man again make sure you get out there and have some fun :yahoo:

Actually, word of my returned bachelorhood has been spreading like wild fire.

I've had a few of the women that I work with tell me to call them once she's gone for good. I may have to take them up on their offers.

Actually, besides work, being a father to my son is where my focus needs to be. I know it's what I should be doing and will be doing. Right now, he needs me more than I need a woman.

I will be the first to admit that I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, "Super Dad". I've never hit my kids or would even dream of abusing them either physically or mentally. That's just plain wrong. What I do is to provide moral support and comfort at all times. I want my kids to be able to talk to me about anything. And they do. The kids are our future. I want to be able to show them the right way to go about things in life and help them to make good decisions as they go. I joke with them and tell them that I hope to live long enough to become a burden to them. Which, I would never do, but it's funny to see the look on their faces each time. Any parent wants the very best for their children. I am no different in that aspect. I want them to have it better than I did growing up. I realize that the times have changed and things are very much different today than they were when I was their age. I like to think of myself as a Modern Father, hip to what's happening today and doing my best to stay current. I think that I am doing a pretty good job on those fronts. It's not easy, but it's a challenge that I willingly accept.

I hear yay Gummy.. i try to be the best mother I can be... and I hope to god I have riased him right so far but by no means am I the perfect mother tho sometimes I wish I was...

Today marked the end of yet another unhappy chapter in my life's story as 2.0 moved out this morning. Her nephew came down with my mother-on-law's van and she got her stuff out of my house. The only down side to it is the fact that the place is mighty bare. And I'll save everyone the trouble of calling it, "Gummy's Bare House". I get the joke. It's not all that funny right about now.

She is a consultant for Pampered Chef on the side (along with Avon) and she had more stuff for the kitchen than you could imagine. She took every last bit of it with her. Including stuff that she said that she would leave. My best estimate would be about $4,000 to 6,000 if I were to replace everything that she took with her that was hers to begin with. But, in the long run, it will be for the best. My son's girlfriend has an apartment full of stuff that we have to get moved out of there before June 1st, so that will take the place of most of the stuff that 2.0 took with her. I am going to have to rent a U-Haul and between the three of us, we can get it all moved in a day. They won't like getting up at dawn to do it, but that's too bad for them. I'll buy them breakfast to make up for the early wake-up.

Just look at the bright side. 2.0 is gone. Thats one less headache to worry about. "Things" aren't important. They can be replaced. Peace of mind is priceless.

Again, you are wise, Kor. Peace of Mind is indeed priceless. And it's worth sacrificing some material things for. But, being a chef, I did enjoy all of the things that I had at my disposal in the kitchen. And Pampered Chef made some things that are way cool from a Chef's Standpoint. Right now, my son and his girl are cleaning the bathroom upstairs for their personal use. 2.0's housekeeping skills leave a great deal to be desired. I am a better housekeeper than she ever dreamed of being. In other words, she is a slob and that irks me more than anything. I can't stand filth. I have to have things clean at all times. In her case, wherever things landed was where they stayed. She never picked up after herself. Her mother cleans her house for her. I'm sorry, but that's just wrong. I won't have someone else do my cleaning for me. That's not how I was raised. I have a "clean as you go" rule that is strictly enforced. My son is finding this out first hand.

Congrats on 2.0 being gone. Kor is right, that peace of mind is far more valuable than "stuff," even when the stuff is cool cooking things. Hang in there, Gummy. This will, hopefully, be a big step in the right direction for you. We are rooting for ya!

As my new day starts...I sit before my computer..in my Yankees Pajamas...Sipping coffee out of my NX-01 Enterprise Logo Mug...reading all of the posts from the night before...those who were awake while I slept...God, I really wish that I were still asleep right now. 3:30am is too early for any human to be up.

dang Gummy my day is half over

i work midnights.

Maybe so but it pays the bills :P

And gets us the money to take lovely women like you out

Hey wait party at gummy's

2.0 took everything. no need to worry about

barfing on the couch.

and if he charges admission may make

enough to bye the couch :P

As my new day starts...I sit before my computer..in my Yankees Pajamas...Sipping coffee out of my NX-01 Enterprise Logo Mug...reading all of the posts from the night before...those who were awake while I slept...God, I really wish that I were still asleep right now. 3:30am is too early for any human to be up.

Sweet pajamas....I love the Yankees, they're way better than the Reds or Indians.

Eh.. I dont like the Yankees... Then again I don't like baseball I like foot ball!!

I love football too. NY Giants Fan since the days of Y.A.

How about you?

Eh.. I dont like the Yankees... Then again I don't like baseball I like foot ball!!

How about you?

Pats... grew up watching them.

I should clarify that 2.0 only took what she brought in to the marriage. I bought the Living Room Set (all brand new) and my California King Bed (which is like sleeping on a cloud). The rest of the stuff was here when we got here (Dining Room set, Guest Room Stuff, etc...) I bought them with my retro pay after our contract got settled last year. I should post pics of what the place looks like. Hey, I can put them in my photo album. I will take new pics once I get the place refurnished. As for Kor, many mornings I am up from about 1 am on. Sleep is something that I don't get much of. I suffer from Insomnia quite often and can survive on three or four hours of sleep. I usually get five hours on a really good night. Since I snore so bad, 2.0 and I haven't slept together in about two years. I'm surprised that she didn't try to smother me in my sleep. If she knew how much I am worth dead, she might have tried.

o0o... wow... I am guessing you and your wife are getting divorced??

Yes, we are. After not quite two years of marriage. She came into this relationship hoping to get me to move to her neck of the woods. She thought that I would leave my kids behind. Not a chance of that ever happening.

So, we cut our losses and called it quits.

How about you?

What do you think about them re-signing Junior Seau?

I think it was a mistake because I think his best days are behind him.

o0o... wow... I am guessing you and your wife are getting divorced??

Yes, we are. After not quite two years of marriage. She came into this relationship hoping to get me to move to her neck of the woods. She thought that I would leave my kids behind. Not a chance of that ever happening.

So, we cut our losses and called it quits.

How about you?

What do you think about them re-signing Junior Seau?

I think it was a mistake because I think his best days are behind him.

Well, My husband and I have been married almost a year now, its quiet an adventure. Sorry things with your wife didnt work out. But not all woman are like that.

I agree with you on them re-signing Junior...