Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

Whoa, Gummy, hang in there! 2.0 wife leaving has to be an improvement. Perhaps a judge, looking at your situation, may rule at least somewhat in your favor. Keep venting and keep hanging in there. We're rooting for ya!

The problem lies in the Family Court Office. There is only one girl working in there. She tries to do her best, but the workload is such that six girls could be justified. And the judge is one that might work two days a week, if that. It's too much for just two people to handle. So, now I have to wait for two weeks while they get the application into the computer system. Then another two weeks for a Court Date. Then another two weeks for the judge to review it and render a decision. That's six weeks (aka three paychecks) that I am getting screwed out of. And failure to pay means I end up in the Brig. Very un-cool. :yahoo:

*hugs for gummy* Hang in there gummy! Everything will work out and you know you have us here. sounds like you have married some real dogs. Woman can be so evil on that front. But at least you have your son there and I am sure hes trying to give you any support he can. All we can do from here is listen and let you rant and rave. so please feel free I always check your log.

Lately, it seems that all I do is rant and rave about this stuff. Maybe it's because I am expected to be perfect on my job and I deliver 99.9% of the time. When others don't even try to excel at their jobs, it kinda pisses me off.

Even if they just put a little effort into it, that shows that they're at the very least, trying. I am not a patient person by nature. I try to be, but fail miserably in that field.

When 2.0 leaves (one week from today) maybe things will level off somewhat. But, my gut tells me that it will only be the beginning of a lot of screwed-up emails, text messages and voice mails. And that's just from her parents. :yahoo:

Just got home a little while ago from my brother's retirement party. He finally decided to call it a career after 33 years on the job. He got a letter of appreciation from the Commissioner of the Department, a "In Recognition of Dedication and Service from our local State Senator. And ton of gifts and speeches. I had to give a speech, as did all of my family members who were present. Normally, I don't care for these parties, but this one was special. Many of my relatives were there, as were co-workers, bosses, etc...

It was a casual attire affair with hors duevers and an open bar. I only had Diet Pepsi since I was driving. I was proud of the turnout (about 200) and it was a terrific time for everyone.

2.0 is starting to load up the Dining Room of our apartment with her boxes of stuff. She should be gone one week from tomorrow. Right now, my stress level is at or near an all-time high. It's like walking though a mine field while wearing clown shoes. It's damn foolish and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. :yahoo:

With the Yankees winning today (5-0 over Seattle) and Roger Clemens announcing that he's signed with the Yankees today, it's been a pretty decent day. Even 2.0 and I have engaged is civil discussions today. It's a sign of the Apocalypse. :yahoo:

It must be great to have a real major league baseball team. We have this minor league team down here called the Orioles.......... :yahoo:

It must be great to have a real major league baseball team. We have this minor league team down here called the Orioles.......... :yahoo:

They're not as bad as some of the other teams that are allowed to participate in MLB.

Like the Nationals (managed by an old friend, Manny Acta). So, you should consider yourself lucky. :b-day:

2.0 has packed almost all of her stuff. This place is looking very empty right about now. By this time next week, it will be very empty. All that will be left is what I have either already owned or bought since moving in here. Which isn't very much. I have to get ready for work. This is going to be a very long week. And I don't think it's going to be very much fun.

Look at the bright side. At least you can watch Version 1.0's boyfriend screw up at work all week!..... :yahoo:

I thought that 1.0's boyfriend was supposed to start today. He was a no-show.

Good, fire him now and avoid any messy situations down the road. The weather is so beautiful that it sucks not being able to enjoy it. I have to stay out of the sun because of the medications that I am on. I just love reading what other people on other boards post on various topics. It almost shows the gross ignorance of this planet. Some people should think before they post. But I am one to talk. I get pretty stupid on here and some of the other boards that I particpate on. Sometimes, it's better to just look stupid rather than to post and show it.

I thought that 1.0's boyfriend was supposed to start today. He was a no-show.

Good, fire him now and avoid any messy situations down the road. The weather is so beautiful that it sucks not being able to enjoy it. I have to stay out of the sun because of the medications that I am on. I just love reading what other people on other boards post on various topics. It almost shows the gross ignorance of this planet. Some people should think before they post. But I am one to talk. I get pretty stupid on here and some of the other boards that I particpate on. Sometimes, it's better to just look stupid rather than to post and show it.

Sorry Gummy, I'm pretty sure I'm one of those people that post stupid things....my bad.

Actually, VL, you're on one of the more intelligent boards that there is. Everyone here thinks before they post. It's not like that everywhere. I've read your posts and I've never seen you post up anything dumb. If you did, I would tell you. I was listening to Sports Talk Radio (ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd) talk about how to avoid message boards if you're looking for smart sports fans. I beg to differ. Message Boards for for exchanging ideas and thoughts and to express opinions. They're not for measuring the mentality of the planet. Some topics are relevant, others aren't. I don't view this necessarily as a learning tool, but rather as a form of entertainment. It's somethng to do when I want to have fun. Nothing more, nothing less. When I come on here to vent about my screwed up home life or some baloney that is going on at work, I do it to vent and maybe someone might offer advice that I may not have thought of. Or, I will offer advice to someone who may not have anyone to turn to. It depends upon the situation or individual. Most times, venting is good for the soul. It cleanses the Mental Pallet. Many times, when I am done on here or one of the other messages boards that I participate on, I feel better than when I first logged on. It means that I had fun or possibly learned something that I didn't know. Knowledge is Power. The more I learn, the better off I will be in living my life to the best possible way.

Wow, I guess that I am long winded. Sorry for rambling like this. But when I get on a roll, watch out! I lost control this time.

I't really very easy to ramble on when it comes to posting on Message Boards. Mom always said that I should have been a Presidential Speech Writer because I can fill two hours like nobody can.

Today wasn't too bad. It was a quiet day. Nice and sunny where I am and it's 80 outside. I have to work a Midnight Overtime Shift tonight so I have to get some sleep before I go in. I'll be working from 9:45pm tonight until 2:00 PM tomorrow. It's going to be a very long day. But the money's good and I really can't say no to it.

I know what you mean with those crazy work hours. I have to get up at 2:30 am every day for work..... :yahoo:

I usually get up at 3:30am to be at work by 5:30am. I have my usual routine that I do every morning. Get up, pack lunch, check e-mail, shave head, shower, get uniform ready...etc. So I have to do everything in an exact order or I feel like my day is thrown off.

One of my best friends had to resign from the job yesterday because of reasons that weren't made clear to me. He had 18 years in and only had seven more to go, but something happened to cause him to make this decision. I have yet to get any of the details, but when I found out (last night at 12:00 AM), I was besides myself for the rest of that shift and the one that followed. I'm still very upset.

You shave your head everyday? Man, it must be pretty smooth and shinny.

As smooth and shiny as your bottom....... :yahoo:

You shave your head everyday? Man, it must be pretty smooth and shinny.

Actually it's very shiny. When I use the "Tan-In-A-Can" stuff, it's pretty sweet looking. :yahoo:

I've been shaving my head on and off for about 15 years. I prefer the look more than what little hair that I am able to grow. Hair grows great out of my ears and nose. It just won't grow on my head. Mother Nature can be most cruel at times. If you check my photo album, I think there's a pic of my bald head.

I'm also sorry to her about your friend, Gummy. Once again, hang in there. Sometimes these things work out, but can be extremely upsetting at the time.

I'm also sorry to her about your friend, Gummy. Once again, hang in there. Sometimes these things work out, but can be extremely upsetting at the time.

When it rains, it pours. It's just that things are going crappy all at once. And by no doing of my own.

I think the old saying is true, "Nice guys finish last." I think that I am more than qualified to be the Poster Boy for this.

At least 2.0's sister (probably the one that I should have gone after) is in my corner. She knows what a rag her sister can be. She knows all too well what her sister is all about and I should have listened to her sooner. But Hindsight is always 20-20.

They say that love is blind. I say that it can also be deaf, dumb and a whole lot retarded too.

At least it is in my case. Or so it seems. :yahoo:

love is one of those things you usualy have to bend over and grabe your ankles for lol

I've always been willing to bend backwards, but I will NEVER bend over. :yahoo:

I had to call in sick for work tomorrow. I need a day away from the madness. Between everything going on at home and work, it's simply overwhelming. So, I told my son and his girlfriend that I would take them to breakfast in the morning. Then to get groceries. Then to come home to relax. And look at the emptiness that is now my apartment. God, I know that it's wrong to hate someone, but why does 2.0 make it so easy to do? If this is a test, I can't take it. I didn't study. How about my dog ate my homework? No excuses? OK, God, I get the message. I know that I'm being tested and I don't like it one (I'm trying to misspell a badword but can't)' bit. :yahoo:

All i can say buddy is i am your

friend. And got your back.

The old saying One Day At A Time.