Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

Well, I've been married twice. The first lasted 15 years, the second for less than two years.

I know for certain that I will never be married again. No way in Hell.

Since my oldest moved in, he's grown very bored. There's not very much to do around here. He's got job applications in all over the place, yet no one's called yet. He missed his little brother, until I brought him down and they've had a reunion this weekend. I still feel bad about splitting them up, but it's for the best. Still, the guilt remains. My youngest has an open invitation to move in with us, but doesn't want to leave his friends or his school. My oldest has left school and will be getting his GED in the fall at the local community college. Brothers shouldn't be separated. But in this case, it was necessary to maintain peace for all concerned.

I read in the paper where a former neighbor of mine passed away. She was only 43. I asked my sister (who still lives in the old neighborhood) if she knew what happened. She said that it was a combination of Diabetes and Heart Disease. Being a Diabetic, I know all too well how this mystery illness works and what kind of damage it can do to the body if not treated properly. But the fact remains, she was only 43. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

It's time to take my youngest one back to his mother. I can see the tears in everyone's eyes. Including my own.

Gummy, I am so sorry for the custody issue you are facing; still children do survive and it is obvious you love your children and I'm sure they find comfort in knowing that.

I know you don't want to take the youngest away from his friends but maybe by next school year he'll change his mind. Maybe if he spends time with you during the summer he can make friends in the neighborhood.

Yes, it is scary to find the people we knew are dying; but it sounds like you are diligent in taking care of yourself. My father had diabetes and so does my oldest sister - I know I'm a time bomb if I don't take care of myself and my diet. I am trying but I love sodas and I don't like diet ones. :blink:

Well, were to begin. I know its hard for siblings to be sepreated. My brother and I have barly seen each other in the last year becasue of everything going on and my brother and I are very close. But we adapt and we still talk to each other alot.

People dieing so young. Yes that is young still. Your not old till after 50. But hey when it is our time to go it is our time. But anyway I am sure that you will take care of yourself.

My oldest and his girlfriend are starting a new project. They're painting their bedroom. It gives them something to do to avert boredom from setting in.

My kids are old enough to decide where and with whom they want to live with. This whole weekend was terrific.

They played video games. Watched movies. They talked about everything that came to mind. This is probably the best they've gotten along since birth. They really do miss each other. Hopefully, my youngest will want to come down more often.

Back to my neighbor's passing. Since I come from family with a Diabetic History, I have become a "student of the game", so to speak. I learn all that I possibly can about it and what I need to do to keep it from killing me.

It really isn't that difficult once you get your blood sugar under control and know what it takes to keep in within acceptable parameters. Knowledge is power. The more I know, the longer I will live. And I would like to live long enough to see my grandchildren. Which hopefully is a long ways off.

Well, I finnaly found out what my son has

Hemophilia -A genetic blood disease that causes the blood to be unable to clot.

In a sense my baby could bleed to death...

I just got an e-mail from my ex tonight. In a nutshell, she claims that she's taking me back to court for back support. On the few occasions when I have gotten raises (which have been few and far between), she never took me back to court once. Now, she (with the coaching of her boyfriend) has decided to take me back to court for back support to the tune of almost $25,000. This just keeps getting better and better. Her boyfriend doesn't pay support on his two kids. I ratted him out to his county's Support Collection Unit. Payback will be mine to dish out. And revenge is a dish that is best served cold. This is going to get really nasty between now and the time we get this settled in court. Now I see why I have ulcers. It's a wonder that I don't have more of them.

I just got an e-mail from my ex tonight. In a nutshell, she claims that she's taking me back to court for back support. On the few occasions when I have gotten raises (which have been few and far between), she never took me back to court once. Now, she (with the coaching of her boyfriend) has decided to take me back to court for back support to the tune of almost $25,000. This just keeps getting better and better. Her boyfriend doesn't pay support on his two kids. I ratted him out to his county's Support Collection Unit. Payback will be mine to dish out. And revenge is a dish that is best served cold. This is going to get really nasty between now and the time we get this settled in court. Now I see why I have ulcers. It's a wonder that I don't have more of them.

Aww poor Gummy... Woman can be such bitc*es

Very sorry to hear that you are having such nasty issues with your ex over child support. Very annoying when you see someone inflence another to do something they might not otherwise do. (Nice use of the Khan quote btw! :blink: )

Please try to hang in there and work to not let it adversely affect your health (easier said than done). And know that you have people here rooting for you!

I appreciate everyone's support here. God knows that here is the ONLY place where I get moral support.

Even my current wife (who will be leaving any day now) has no sympathy. I think that it's sad that I have 25 years in my department and while I am eligible to retire, cannot because I agreed to give the first one half of my pension. So, I am forced to work until I die. A situation like that tends not to paint a rosy picture of my future. So, yes, depression does, on occasion, rear its ugly head in my world. So, I retreat to my personal Ready Room and come here to vent. Or whine. Whatever you want to call it. Even if it doesn't resolve any issues, sometimes it's nice just to get it off of one's chest.

I have printed all of the e-mails (a.k.a.: "Nasty-Grams") from my ex and faxed them to my lawyer. When this is all said and done, we'll see who gets the last laugh.

And it won't be her.

Wow! That work/pension/retirement situation really stinks! Have you asked your lawyer for other options or ideas?

This is a great place to vent, whine, etc. Go for it! Getting things off ones chest does indeed help (especially when that's not the only thing one ever posts, which is certainly the case with you and most others here).

Someone I work with is involved in a divorce settlement and it has been a real ordeal for her.

I guess that I am lucky in the aspect that what I do doesn't require much physical stuff on my part. So working until I die isn't something that I can't do.

I remember a time not long ago when I would listen to my co-workers tell me about their divorces and think to myself, "man, am I glad that's not me!" Well, it did end up being me. And it sucks, just like I imagined that it would. I can deal with the pain of it all. I just hate seeing the effect that it's having on my kids. Ever since she hooked up with her latest boyfriend, she hasn't been the same person. He's got her doing things that she normally wouldn't do, thinking of things that she didn't used to think of, saying things that she normally wouldn't say, things of that nature. If the guy was decent and upstanding, I wouldn't mind him being alive. But being unemployed, having a criminal record and just being a basic scumbag makes him an Oxygen Thief in my book.

As I've said earlier, they hooked up via the Internet, which in itself, is a very dangerous practice. She is so desperate that she didn't even look into his background to see if he could pose a threat to our kids. So far, he hasn't but he succeeded in driving my oldest out of that house and into mine, thus causing an unwanted separation of my two sons. They're good kids and I would take a bullet for them without hesitation. Because that's what good fathers do.

Unfortunately, the more your ex keeps drinking that guy's kool-aid, the worse it will be. I've met my share of these type of leeches that get hold of a person and have some kind of swengali power over them. Your ex will get hers in the end when this guy cleans her out and then dumps her. Thats how these things usually end.

What you said, Kor, are the exact words that my sister-in-law said about the situation. She's the Director of Social Services/Domestic Violence committee Chairperson for her county. She said that she's seen this time and time again. I can't wait until that happens. I'm not the kind of guy that will say, "I told ya so", because that's not my style. But she will be very broke and very alone. And my kids will be living with me and she'll be on the outside looking in. This bum does indeed have a Svengali-like hold on her. Which is unusual considering how independent she once was. I've spent the better part of last night faxing letters, and various documents to my lawyer's office. I will get justice. One way or another. I do things the right way. Never anything underhanded or illegal. But her boyfriend runs like a scared schoolgirl when he sees me. I may not give him the chance to run. It may be time that he met his match. :blink:

Just when things are looking up, my lawyer finally returns my call. She informed me that she wouldn't take my case because she won't take cases in my new county of residence. But, she did give me the names of two other local attorneys that do practice in my area. So, I have calls into them and I am awaiting their return calls.

Things keep getting worse and worse by the second. Not getting full cooperation doesn't help my cause. Funny thing is that I am not allowed to give anything less than my full cooperation. Never have been, never will be.

Now, I find out that my ex is looking into filing for bankruptcy. And this is because her boyfriend is spending her money like it's going out of style. This guy shouldn't be still sucking air right about now. But, because I took an oath to uphold the law and not take it into my own hands, I can't do anything about him. I've got my fingers crossed for "natural causes".

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate everyone's support. This has been an exceptionally difficult month for not only me, but my children as well. I can tell that my youngest misses his brother. He called him during his Lunch Period yesterday just to talk to him.

My sister-in-law told me that my ex cannot take me back to court for eight years of back support. She can only file for additional support from the date that she files the papers. So, that $25,000 figure was all crap. Her lawyer was either blowing smoke up her *buttocks* or she's listening to her master...err...boyfriend and trying to get more money to scram out of town with.

Well, I need to get ready for work.

Well, thats at least something bright right? You as a father would understand something I am going through... not understand as in you've been through it but yeah... you should look at my log...

Sometimes, I think that the lawyers are bigger crooks than the perps that they represent. One called me back today and says that he gets $100 per hour (reasonable) and has a $2000 retainer fee (no freaking way). I think that I got into the wrong line of work. If I knew then what I know now, I could have gone to Law School for free (based on my mother's income, which was squat) and could have become one of those Ambulance Chasing Lawyers that you see on TV. With my line of crap, I might have been good at it. :blink:

I got another email from my ex today. She was singing a whole different tune in this one. Now she wants to work with me to get everything settled. Maybe it's because her boyfriend got a job where we work and she wants to make sure that I don't get him fired. I wouldn't get him fired. He'll do that all by himself. He's a bum that has little or no desire to work for a living (Don't we know someone like that, Kor?) and expects to be handed everything on a Silver Platter. I've got news for him. It doesn't work that way in real life. And I'll be watching him very closely. :wink:

I'm shocked that the bum actually got a job! Did he clean her out that quickly?

I'm shocked that the bum actually got a job! Did he clean her out that quickly?

Apparently so. I've noticed that she's volunteering for overtime as well. I called that one over three months ago. I could see even then that he was draining her bank account. Shame on her for not paying better attention to what he was doing. Like I said earlier, I don't think that he'll last very long. He'll try really hard to get hurt and go out on Workman's Comp. Mark my words.

My guess is that he wants everyone to think that he's making an honest effort to find work. I know that he really doesn't want to work as he was less than enthusiastic during the interview. I know the guys that did the interview and they weren't very impressed. But if we don't hire someone now, we will lose the position permanently. Meaning, that it has to be filled. So, when he does screw up (and he will, if he stays true to form), we can fire him and re-canvas for six months so we can find a more qualified person for the job. It's not a Civil Service Position, so we can fire him for virtually no reason. But I feel confident that he'll give us a reason before too long.

A bag of Weed could mysteriously show up in his bloce compartment while parked in the Departmental Parking Lot. I've seen stranger things happen.

Not that I would set him up or anything. That's simply not my style. But I have a rather large following on the job. There are people who would walk through a Lion's Den wearing a Pork Chop Suit for me, as I would for them without hesitation. We're a pretty tight group and we're always there for each other. When my ex got the job, some of my co-workers asked me if I wanted her to "go away". I said no, because it wouldn't be the right thing to do. One thing I told them is that, while she IS my ex, she is also the mother of my children, so that bears a lot of weight in my book. I'm not vindictive by nature. I let those I dislike screw up on their own. Because I know Human Nature well enough to know that it will eventually happen.

If I've learned anything in life, it's that life is too short to be bitter. So, I try to live by that accord and let bygones be bygones. As I see it, if someone is a knucklehead, then they will screw up on their own, without my assistance.

This dude will screw up. And I'll just sit back and enjoy the show.

Gummy my friend

I hear all you are saying. I myself have never been

married. And being a couple of years older then you

have my regrets. But being the youngest of 5 and seeing

the crap my brothers and sisters have gone through.

all have been divorced at least once.

have no kids another regret.

But to the point never get revenge its not worth it

The best revenge is no revenge :blink:

just remind them then they are always looking over

there shoulder waiting. :(