Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummy

Gummy's Two Cents

Like I said Odo, I will let nature take its course. When he screws up (and he will indeed screw up), I will be the one getting the most enjoyment from the show. This guy doesn't know what it's like not to screw up. That's all he's ever done his whole life. And I believe that his true colors will begin to show and once she sees them, she know the "true" him.

Oh, yes, I will let everyone in on the Dog and Pony Show and its happenings.

The laughs will be plentiful.

My wife (Mrs. Gummy, Version 2.0) has informed me that she has finally gotten her transfer and will be gone in two weeks. It was all I could do to keep from jumping out of my recliner and dancing a jig. This is welcome news as she has been miserable and having her around has been bumming me and my son out. She has never liked my kids and she knew coming into this relationship that my kids and I are the whole package. Either love us all or not at all. She chose the latter. So, she'll start packing her stuff and this will end yet another chapter in my forthcoming book, "Why I will NEVER marry again".

Now, onto other bizarre happenings...Mrs. Gummy (Version 1.0) has actually taken the necessary steps to get my Child Support fixed. She realizes that this current payment isn't fair to me and wants things to be equal. She doesn't want me to talk my youngest into moving in with his brother and I, resulting in her having to pay me support. So, she has filed the paperwork to get the Support Order amended. Her boyfriend has been a jerk about all of this. I may have to knock his lights out just to teach him a lesson.

I am so tired right about now that my eyes are crossing.

Aww, poor gummy. But hey maybe your son will move in with you and she will have to pay wont that be sweet revenge...

In a way, yes, the revenge factor would be sweet and it is enticing. But I wouldn't try to talk my youngest into anything that he doesn't want to do. He has his friends in his town and he's happy coming down here on the weekends. And I will do anything to make sure that his happiness isn't compromised.

Thats true that is the biggest thing is your childs happyness

Which is always a Priority One Project in my book.

When my kids are happy, then I am happy. That's all any father could ask for. I just put a bed in my Ready Room and my youngest is asleep in it. He doesn't even mind me tapping away on the keyboard. I'm a lucky man to have such great kids.

When my kids are happy, then I am happy. That's all any father could ask for. I just put a bed in my Ready Room and my youngest is asleep in it. He doesn't even mind me tapping away on the keyboard. I'm a lucky man to have such great kids.

Thats good, my son and talked tonight and he was very happy to hear from me...

I got Cell Phones for both of my sons so that they can call me or I can call them at anytime. Gotta keep the lines of communication open.

Nothing much happening today. We've started the countdown leading up to when Mrs. Gummy Version 2.0 is leaving. It now stands at T-Minus 13 days and counting. The relief will be immeasurable.

Tomorrow, I have an eye doctor's appointment. The guy I go to looks just like the EMH from Voyager. It's all I can do to keep from laughing when he enters the exam room. And it's even harder to keep myself from saying, "Computer, terminate EMH Program!" I doubt that he would get the joke, but my kids would in an instant.

My son's girlfriend is cooking dinner for us tonight. My Spaghetti and Meatballs were a huge hit last night and I need to figure out how to top that last act. The weather has been great the last two days. I'm hoping for it to warm up more so I can work outside.

My mother was a restaurant cook for almost 40 years. Everything I know about cooking, I learned from her. I had to teach Version 1.0 how to cook because she couldn't even boil water. I watched Julia Child, Graham Kerr, and all the cooking shows growing up, so I learned from the best. I actually enjoy cooking for an appreciative crowd. My kids appreciate that their Dad is a good cook. My sisters are also excellent cooks. My little sister couldn't cook but learned how from my mother and her mother-in-law. Her mother-in-law is right from Italy and makes everything from scratch. She grows her own herbs and vegetables in her garden and she makes some of the greatest Italian Cookies that I have ever had. I make sure to shoot up with extra Insulin around the holidays when I visit there because I know there will be a ton of goodies there just calling my name.

Wishfire also has posted some terrific recipes here that are things that I can eat too. She and I are kindred spirits as we are both Diabetics.

Gummy i hear you

I was cooking my own food at 8 years old

or my older siblings.

As was I. My mother had to work two jobs after my father died, so I had to learn how to cook and take care of my younger sister and brother. Mom taught me the simple stuff (pre-microwave days) and I eventually graduated to the more difficult dishes. Before long, I was not only the babysitter and short-order cook, but a baker as well. Mom ran a bakery when I was very young and taught me a few tricks in that field as well.

I started cooking and takeing care of my younger brother when I was 6... Thats when the aduse picked up and the neglect so it was either cook and take care of our selves or starve to death and by all nature I am a survivor. So I know how it is to have to learn to cook and take care of someone else so young how do you think I was able to be a mom at 10... Then I had two people to care for... So yeah. Its sad how many people have to grow up so young

And another fun trip to my Eye Surgeon's office today ended on a good note. He told me that my eyes are getting better and he won't need to see me for six months. One of the reasons that I don't mind going there is that his nurse is a hottie that is about six feet tall, and built very nicely. And she always makes it a point to stop by and say hello and asks how things are. Today was no exception. She noticed that I am no longer wearing my wedding ring. She said, "Single again?", I told her that I was. She just smiled and winked. Now if she'd only leave her husband.....ahh. she'd never go for someone like me.

But it's still nice to dream once in awhile.

Mrs. Gummy (version 1.0) called today. She told me that I have to go to court to see the judge about the Child Support. So, the last check will indeed be the last check that I ever write to her. I honestly thought I wouldn't live long enough to see that day. But with my oldest living with me, and my youngest still with his mother, it negates the support. I told my youngest that he will not want for anything. If there's something that he needs, I will get it for him or his mother and I will split the cost. It's like getting an $800 a month raise. Now maybe I won't be broke the day after payday anymore.

Mrs. Gummy (version 2.0) asked if it was alright if she started packing boxes and leaving them in the Dining Room so that someone will help her move will bring a truck. I told her that I didn't mind. She's moving out on Mother's Day Weekend (how ironic). It's not like she's getting a card or anything. My kids did like her until she started showing her true colors. She also knows that the front door is a one-way deal. To put it quite simply, once she leaves, there will not be a return.

She had her chance, and she blew it. But to hear her tell it, it's all my fault.

Like I didn't know that already. :assimilated:

Its ALWAYS the guy's fault! I believe its in the Wive's Manual.......... :assimilated:

Its ALWAYS the guy's fault! I believe its in the Wive's Manual.......... :assimilated:

Yeah, I'm "oh-fer-two" in marriage plate appearances. The first was my fault, as was this one.

I'm getting used to taking the blame for wrecked marriages. The sooner this one is over, the better.

I take the Starfleet approach at looking at things. I don't condemn an entire species for the actions of a few. I know there are good women out there. I've yet to find one that I could get drunk enough so that I would look good to them.

Ouch....

Anyways, onto other news....The water pills that my doctor put me on are working very well. My ankles looked like those of a pregnant woman. I have no clue why, but I was retaining water like crazy. I think that I can easily lose about 15 lbs in just water weight alone. One thing about Insulin, it packs the weight on. No wonder my bodybuilding pals wants my insulin pens that have only a little bit left in them. I don't give a drop of it away. My son and his girlfriend are getting bored down here. They're so used to being in town and now that they're out in the middle of nowheres, they're not digging it as much as they once were. I think they need to find hobbies other than video games and mySpace.

T-Minus 8 days and counting until Version 2.0 is gone.

Does your son and/or his girlfriend have a job or go to school, Gummy?..........or are they just glomming off of you?........... :yahoo:

My son isn't in school right now and will be getting his GED in the fall at the local community college. His girlfriend works and goes to college.

His mother is once again up to her old tricks. Now she's saying that I will have to continue to pay her the full support even though my son have been living with me for the past month. She claims that because she never took me back to court, and that I've never offered to pay my 50% of the medical co-pays, that she's entitled to it. She is also claiming that my son did $1800-2000 damage to her home and that I allegedly agreed to pay for it. This was all in an email that I got this morning. I think that her scumbag boyfriend wrote it. Because just yesterday, she said that she was willing to forgo any further support while we're waiting for the Family Court Judge to get off of his dead *buttocks* to sign the order for revision. And Version 2.0 is really getting on my nerves about her leaving in one week from tomorrow. Which can't get here quick enough. I have to work the weekend that she's moving out, but I told my son to be here when she is. And to make sure that she doesn't "accidentally" take any of my stuff. We've been married less than two years, so no judge in his/her right mind will give her anything. She has contributed less than zero to this household or its finances, so she is entitled to nothing. Essentially, I have put a roof over her head, fed her and did her laundry and provided her with a decent life. Apparently, this wasn't enough for her. In the meantime, the bills continue to pile up with no relief in sight.

Anyone else would have eaten their gun by now. But that's never been, nor will it ever be, an option for me.