Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace

Ace's Log

:clap: Aww..That's lousy Ace..Hope you feel better real soon..I know what you mean about the change of seasons..This is the time of the year where I usually get sick too.. :laugh:

I know the feeling. I just got over a cold myself. :laugh: I hope you get better soon.

Thanks alot, you three; I really appreciate it. I'd send a :clap: , but keeping a safe distance from me right now might be a good thing. :clap:

Yesterday was the worst.

How the weekend was supposed to go:

-help out in the yard

-spend a little time IMing

-study for two exams (nay, CRAM for two exams)

-go to Grandma's church for Homecoming

-relax a little

How the wkend actually went:

-tried to sleep while full of Dristan and Tylenol (at different times)

-gargled salt water like there's no tomorrow

-had the Vicks vaporizer set up next to my bed

-didn't get ANY studying done :clap:

So now I've got a day and a half to cram for the exams. Oh well. I'm just glad it's not as bad today (just got back on campus). I'm not too worried about those exams, so it's not a huge deal. I just wish I could've gotten more done around the house for Mom before I had to come back.

I almost never get sick, so this is a rarity (ie- you wont have to hear me complain about it again for a while :clap: ).

Thanks, AE :clap: .

I'd greatly appreciate it if y'all would keep a family I know in your prayers.

This morning before class, Mom called my cell to tell me that one of my best friends had drowned in a boating accident, apparently trying to rescue someone else. Mom wasn't taking it so well, and to be honest, after I'd comforted her on the phone, neither was I.

This guy was just a year or so older than me (around 21), had gone to school with me, was my neighbor for a few years, and I loved him like a brother. He had just enlisted in the army and was stationed up in New York when this happened. Even though contact was off-and-on for the last few years, I knew he was having a great time.

Anyways, I'll stop rambling.

His dad seems to be taking it well enough, or at least as good as can be expected. They'll probably have the funeral this wk after he's brought back from NY.

Please keep his mom, dad, little sister, and everyone else who cared about him in your prayers.

I'd greatly appreciate it if y'all would keep a family I know in your prayers.

Please keep his mom, dad, little sister, and everyone else who cared about him in your prayers.

268942[/snapback]

My condolences and prayers are with you Ace.

I am sorry for your loss. My prays are woth and your friend's family. :clap:

Thank you very much AE, Odie, ST, Lubak, RC, and TUH. :flowers:

I didn't want to say anything else in here til I had more info on it. They've got it arranged now, so I'll be missing my classes tomorrow and will be away from the board most of the day to attend the funeral and burial. Even though he was only in for a year, I think he's getting the full military treatment. I'm sure he would've been proud of that.

Thank you very much AE, Odie, ST, Lubak, RC, and TUH.  :flowers:

I didn't want to say anything else in here til I had more info on it. They've got it arranged now, so I'll be missing my classes tomorrow and will be away from the board most of the day to attend the funeral and burial. Even though he was only in for a year, I think he's getting the full military treatment. I'm sure he would've been proud of that.

269745[/snapback]

It doesn't matter how long he has served he will get full military treatment.

:biggrin: *hugs* :laugh: i am really sorry to hear about your friend Ace my thought and prays are with you and your friends family :laugh:

:biggrin: i just read this i am really sorry about your friend Ace it must tuff if you need anything dude you know how to find me.

Take it easy friend.

Odie: Yeh, I figured as much; I just didn't want to say for certain. :lol:

Debbie and Hang: Thank you both. I appreciate it, and I know his family would too. :blink:

On a lighter note, went to meet some friends and family at one of their houses just to hang out. It was fun (and peaceful), plus one of my friends gave me a b-day gift they hadn't remembered to give me back in June.

It's a cd case shaped like the Enterprise D. :rolleyes: It's nice (will probably keep it in the box for collection's sake), and the saucer (cd-holder) separates so you can carry it around. I'd never seen it before, so it was a new idea to me. I might put up a pic at some point, but that wouldn't be for a while. It's from something called Fun Source, if anyone's heard of that.

Alright, it's bed time. G'night all.

Hi Ace! I don't read your log entries regularly, so it is a surprise to learn of your friend's drowning accident. I'm terribly sorry for you and the family. By all means, I will remember you and the family in my prayers. God bless! Jaz

Just thought i would drop in and say hi to my old buddy i havent seen your name for a while...hows things in your little corner of the planet??...hope things are ok with you Ace see you around soon buddy :clap:

Oh and debbie said hi and waves :elephant:

Hey, Hang. It's good to hear from ya. Things are good here. I haven't been on much for the past few weeks due to winter finals. Now that those are out of the way, I can get on here a little more often. How's life in the land of tulips and windmills? :wink2: Again, thanks for checkin' up on me, bud.

Hey Debbie! :clap: *waves*

jaz: As I said in that pm a while back, thanks for the condolences, and sorry for not replying on here. I hope things are going well for you, and keep in touch. :wow:

Well, I guess I should give an update on things. First off, I still appreciate the prayers yall made for me and my friend's family. I'll admit that the whole thing hit me pretty hard (though not nearly as hard as it did for his family, of course), but Mom and friends were there. So... yeh... thanks again.

As for now, life is busy. As I said, finals are over. I've finally learned how to balance my time between friends and studying, so this semester I brought my gpa back up to a 3.8. It would've been better if one of my final exams hadn't been so freakishly hard. I'm definitely not complaining, though.

Now I'm home for Christmas break. So far I've got most of the house decorated. This tree is probably the best-looking one we've ever had, if I do say so myself :elephant: (Mom agrees). I still haven't wrapped any gifts, so they're hidden under my bed. I need to do that soon, though, since we're having people over here the 23rd, 24th, 25th, and New Years. Good times.

Right now I'm just sitting here watching Everybody Loves Raymond with Mom.

I know I've neglected this log for a while; it's just that I haven't really had the time to update it. I'll try to keep letting yall know what's going on in my life from time to time. :lol:

Hey, Hang. It's good to hear from ya. Things are good here. I haven't been on much for the past few weeks due to winter finals. Now that those are out of the way, I can get on here a little more often. How's life in the land of tulips and windmills? :wink2:  Again, thanks for checkin' up on me, bud.

Hey Debbie! :wow:  *waves*

291328[/snapback]

Hehe glad things are ok Ace i thought you might have been busy with school it seems a lot of ppl at this site are at the moment.

Life is good in the land of tulips and windmills :lol: :lol: ...looking forward to the holidays a time to relax and let my hair down :wow: ...anyway i am glad things for you are ok i kinda missed ya dude :elephant::clap: ...later buddy :look:

Well, I've been on this site for 1 year and 2 days now.

I missed my own anniversary... This doesn't bode well for the future. :(

lol; thanks, RC. B)

I just wanted to wish all of ya a Happy New Year! It's been a good '04 with you and I look forward to an even better '05. Have fun and God bless. B)

Hi there, Ace! Congrats to your anniversary! B) I hope that you're finals went well. I remember those days, and not fondly, believe me! I dreaded Calculus finals. Yowser! But then, going to work on three or four hours rest is no picnic either. I'm embarrassed to admit that sometimes the reason was that I'd been at this site toooo long. B) B) Take care, dude! :pepsi: Jaz

Hi there, Ace!  Congrats to your anniversary! B)  I hope that you're finals went well.  I remember those days, and not fondly, believe me!  I dreaded Calculus finals.  Yowser!  But then, going to work on three or four hours rest is no picnic either.  I'm embarrassed to admit that sometimes the reason was that I'd been at this site toooo long. :vbg:  B)  Take care, dude!    :pepsi:  Jaz

293937[/snapback]

Thanks, Jaz. Yep, the net has caused me to be late a few times myself. B) I hope life's still good in your neck of the woods.

god speed Ace, welcome back & happy anniversary.

293995[/snapback]

Thanks, TZ. :)

Weeeell, I got tired of my profile pic on several sites, so... me as of 05:

Click For Spoiler

Right now I'm watching the final minute of the Kentucky vs South Carolina basketball game on tv. We're (Kentucky) up by 5 with 30 seconds left, so I hope we've got it won. :laugh:

Weeeell, I got tired of my profile pic on several sites, so... me as of 05:
Click For Spoiler

294749[/snapback]

*wolf whistle* Definitely a hottie Ace, great pic. B)

:blush 2:

Aww shucks. :yahoo:Thanky, though.

Still on "The Great Laptop Hunt." Been looking for a while, and spent most of the afternoon in stores checking them out.

I'm pretty sure I'll get the best deal through Dell online.

Right now I'm looking at an Inspiron 1150 (2.6ghz, 40 hard drive, 512 ram, cd burner) for between 800 and 900 bucks. Sound good?