Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace

Ace's Log

Thought I should pop in and make a log entry. :P

Well, I'm at home right now for the first time in over two weeks. I need to help take care of some things around the house, and we might have some people over for Labor Day. I'll probably go back to campus on Mon afternoon.

The workload isn't awful yet, but it's still a little heavy. I think I've been managing my time a little better so far, though (since I'm the king of procrastination ^_^ ). I get most of my assignments done in the afternoon, so I can spend the evenings with friends.

Yesterday we ate (some of them cooked, I watched. lol) pancakes and scrambled eggs at 6 pm. If there was any reason for that, I don't have a clue what it was :lol: . We hung out in the kitchen for a while, then I had to go back to finish up some accounting homework ^_^ . I have no interest in accounting, but it's required for Business majors. Ugh.

I've only gotten to sleep-in 1 day for the last two weeks, so hopefully I can sleep-in on Monday.

Other than that, there's not alot going on.

It's supposed to get back up to 87 on Sunday. :dude: It should drop to 75 and stay there, if you ask me.

Hope everyone's still having a good summer. :(

Hello Ace! I haven't been following your log entries, but you sound busy now that school is back in session. Our local university is busy as well. The campus parking lot is full. More people on the bike path, etc. And, unfortunately, the police blotter is longer due to underage consumption of booze. Oh well!

Have a good weekend dude ^_^ !

Jaz :pepsi:

Ace, here's an accounting joke...yep, an accounting joke

Click For Spoiler

A guy is hiring a new accountant - he has three interviews. He introduces himself at each one by saying he only has one question. What is two plus two?

First interviewee says four - man says thank you, we'll call you.

Second interviewee says three - man says thank you, we'll call you.

Third interviewee says "well, how much do you want it to be?" Man says you're hired.

Hello Ace!  I haven't been following your log entries, but you sound busy now that school is back in session.  Our local university is busy as well.  The campus parking lot is full.  More people on the bike path, etc.  And, unfortunately, the police blotter is longer due to underage consumption of booze.  Oh well! 

Have a good weekend dude  :) !

Jaz :pepsi:

259876[/snapback]

Yep, it's pretty busy here. Parking has always been a big problem at my school (over $800,000 generated for the university by parking tickets alone last year! :) ). Luckily, I signed up early enough both years for a pass, so I've got a spot really close to my dorm. There haven't been alot of problems with the drinking (so far), as far as the police reports are concerned, but there has been a little break-out of car burglaries. Luckily, they haven't taken place in my lot yet.

Hope you're having a good weekend too, Den. :b-day:

Ace, here's an accounting joke...yep, an accounting joke

Click For Spoiler

259888[/snapback]

Hehe; yep, from what I've learned so far, that could definitely be true. :laugh:

Knowing where and in what order to itemize a long list of revenues/expenses on those balance sheets/income statements/retained earnings statements is a bit annoying (so far). Without checking in-depth, someone could easily get by with a few unethical additions (and do often, I'm sure).

Great; I've got a flat tire. It was probably at least halfway flat when we drove to church this morning, but we didn't even notice. There's a screw in it, but at least we can see where the puncture is. I'll have to get that fixed before I head back to campus tomorrow.

On top of that, my college's football team got absolutely SLAUGHTERED today. :)

Congrats, Fen.

That sucks Ace one thing i hate is fixing a puncture well i hate fixing anything,like i spent 4 hrs fixed debbies car and still she takes mine :laugh: ..but atleast you will have it fixed in time to go back to collage...i hope your having a blast on campus :) ..later dude :b-day:

That sucks Ace one thing i hate is fixing a puncture well i hate fixing anything,like i spent 4 hrs fixed debbies car and still she takes mine :laugh: ..but atleast you will have it fixed in time to go back to collage...i hope your having a blast on campus  :huh: ..later dude :huh:

260430[/snapback]

Hey, Hang. :)

Yep, I got it fixed in town on Mon afternoon. Apparently there was a nail in the same tire as well (plus the screw). No wonder it went flat. Luckily, we have a big air compressor at the house, so we just filled the tire back up in order to drive it into town. It only cost me 20 bucks, so I guess that's not bad.

I am havin' a blast on campus! :huh: (except you gotta know that naughty smiley just doesn't fit me :o ). I've been able to spend alot more time with friends so far this yr, but I also haven't had any exams to study for just yet.

Tonight was one of their birthdays, so we drove to a little Mexican restaurant down the road (when the waiter sang "Happy Birthday" to her, he put whipped-cream on her nose :) . It was... odd,,, but hilarious. lol). Then we came back to the dorms for cake and ice cream and just hung out for a while. I probably should've been writing a paper that's due in the morning, but I didn't care :blink: . It was only a page, and I finished it in 20 minutes (had to re-read some text).

I've only got two classes tomorrow, but I have to get up just after 8. Yes, all you adults with jobs that require you to be up at 4-6, I'm actually whining about getting up at 8. I'm such a baby sometimes :huh: .

(Later, Hang. Say "Hi" to Deb for me. :clap: )

That sucks Ace one thing i hate is fixing a puncture well i hate fixing anything,like i spent 4 hrs fixed debbies car and still she takes mine ..but atleast you will have it fixed in time to go back to collage...i hope your having a blast on campus ..later dude

260430[/snapback]

Hey, Hang. :)

Yep, I got it fixed in town on Mon afternoon. Apparently there was a nail in the same tire as well (plus the screw). No wonder it went flat. Luckily, we have a big air compressor at the house, so we just filled the tire back up in order to drive it into town. It only cost me 20 bucks, so I guess that's not bad.

I am havin' a blast on campus! (except you gotta know that naughty smiley just doesn't fit me :huh: ). I've been able to spend alot more time with friends so far this yr, but I also haven't had any exams to study for just yet.

Tonight was one of their birthdays, so we drove to a little Mexican restaurant down the road (when the waiter sang "Happy Birthday" to her, he put whipped-cream on her nose . It was... odd,,, but hilarious. lol). Then we came back to the dorms for cake and ice cream and just hung out for a while. I probably should've been writing a paper that's due in the morning, but I didn't care :o . It was only a page, and I finished it in 20 minutes (had to re-read some text).

I've only got two classes tomorrow, but I have to get up just after 8. Yes, all you adults with jobs that require you to be up at 4-6, I'm actually whining about getting up at 8. I'm such a baby sometimes :huh: .

(Later, Hang. Say "Hi" to Deb for me. :) )

261485[/snapback]

hehe 20 bucks anit to bad to get it fixed,and what do you mean a naughty smile dont fit you :clap: all these films from the US about collages and what goes on on campus :laugh: ..hehe j/k..anyway i am glad that your having a blast with your friends... :huh: ..take it easy Ace :blink: ...oh and debbie says hi back with a hug :huh:

Hehe. I may be the calm, laid-back, good-boy, but that doesn't mean I don't have fun :wow: .

Last night we all (me and 7 friends) went out to eat at Bella Notte around 8 o'clock. It was goooood :wow: . It sucked most of the cash outta my wallet, but I'll just get some more today or tomorrow. We were practically the last people to leave because we stayed past closing time. On the drive back to campus we were throwing little candies at each other's cars :hug: . The other truck has a sunroof; my car doesn't, so they had an advantage :huh: (do not try this at home, kids :hug: ). We hung out on a porch just talking for a while, then a couple of them set up an X-box game to a classroom projector (was allowed). Talk about a big game screen; lol. By the time 4am rolled around, we were shooting each other with Nerf darts :blink: . We felt like 9 year olds, but it was fun :look: .

Today (just woke up at noon), I need to get my homework out of the way. Bah-humbug. I'm not sure if I'll be doing anything tonight; things always happen spur-of-the-moment with this group.

Nerf darts at 4am. Phew the good ol days. Why should accounting die? I couldn't agree more with my situation, just curious.

Last night we all (me and 7 friends) went out to eat at Bella Notte around 8 o'clock. It was goooood :) . It sucked most of the cash outta my wallet, but I'll just get some more today or tomorrow. We were practically the last people to leave because we stayed past closing time. On the drive back to campus we were throwing little candies at each other's cars :) . The other truck has a sunroof; my car doesn't, so they had an advantage :)  (do not try this at home, kids :) ). We hung out on a porch just talking for a while, then a couple of them set up an X-box game to a classroom projector (was allowed). Talk about a big game screen; lol. By the time 4am rolled around, we were shooting each other with Nerf darts :) . We felt like 9 year olds, but it was fun :P .

sounds like fun! It's ok to act like you're 9 sometimes. Me and my friends do it all the time!

Nerf darts at 4am. Phew the good ol days. Why should accounting die? I couldn't agree more with my situation, just curious.

263148[/snapback]

That was just me being incredibly frustrated with my Accounting homework. I honestly don't think the instructor is all that great (young teacher), and the book is almost no help at all most of the time (for the price I paid, it should do my homework, type it up,,, and be made of silver :) )

Anyways... :)

I almost considered dropping it, but I found out in class today that at least half the class understands less than I do, so it's not me. :) (It's not impossibly hard; his teaching style just doesn't work for me.)

sounds like fun!  It's ok to act like you're 9 sometimes.  Me and my friends do it all the time!

263251[/snapback]

Yep; it was fun. I'm the "old man" of that group (translation: "the most responsible one" :P ), but it's still fun to be immature (fun immature, not obnoxious immature) when ya can. :)

Ate at Fazoli's with the same group tonight, then sat on the sidewalk in front of one of the dorms hanging out for a while. Now, I've got a little work to take care of before I go to bed (hopefully early tonight :) ).

I'm home this weekend; Mom needed my help with a few things around the house, and a family friend was having a b-day party. I've lost precious study time, but I think I'm starting to get one of those "I couldn't care less" attitudes this week. For Monday, I've got 2 assignments to turn in (neither fully completed), and an Accounting Exam (haven't studied for it).

Now before you think I'm back to procrastinating, I'll let you know that I'm the type that can't study far in advance. If I do most of my studying more than 2 days in advance, I forget most of it (same thing with studying after midnight, as it is right now).

Plus, I wasn't willing to lose my entire weekend, so I took Mom to see Sky Captain right after I got back into town. It wasn't the best movie ever, but I still thought it was fun, and I wouldn't mind renting it once when it comes out.

Tomorrow's schedule:

church

eat

load car and drive back to campus

assignments

study

study

study

study session at Business and Economics building

study some more

SLEEP!

Wish me luck on that exam; I'll need it. :sweatdrop:

Thanks, Lubak. :)

It was harder than I thought it would be, but I also got to study a little more than I thought I would. It balanced out, so I think I did decent. I'd prefer an A, but a B's good. I don't think it'll be lower than that.

Turned-in the assignments, took that exam, did half my homework, IM'd a few people, ate with friends, and now I'm sitting here. I've got to read some more Rousseau tonight for class (Ugh <_< ), and then I'm going to bed.

:unsure: That's it; just another boring day. Luckily, my next exam isn't til next Wed.

Oh well. I guess that's all for now (gee, this is a fun log entry :rolleyes: ).

G'night, all. :)

:rolleyes: Thanks, but I actually haven't gotten the grade back yet. I'm still crossing my fingers for an A.

My humble thanks to you both :laugh: (and @ Odie, too true... unfortunately :wink2: ).

Please don't think I'm bragging, because I would never want that to come across; I just want to give you an idea of why I'm relieved. Out of the instructor's two classes (120 or so students), the class average was about 67%, and there were only 11 A's. I still don't like Accounting much, but I don't want to drop the class as much as I did :) .

Star Trek pops up in life when you least expect it :) :

During a course this afternoon discussing Rousseau's Social Contract (fun :) ), my professor started talking about the Borg! It came out of nowhere. :laugh:

Friday night, went on a big hayride with a bunch of people on a huge horse farm. Around dusk, we roasted hot dogs and marshmellows, sat around the campfires on hay bails, and sang some. It wasn't as corny as it sounds; it really was alot of fun. I was driving a few girls back after it was over, and I was told that we would be stopping on the way at any place with a restroom; I didn't have a choice in the matter :( . I just thought it was funny.

Last night I went out with another group of friends to the same drive-thru movies I've mentioned before. The only problem is, there are two of those theatres in an hour's radius of campus, in opposite directions.

You can guess what happened.

My car and another ended up at the one to the east. The other two cars we were supposed to meet up with went to the other one an hour or so west :( (we were the ones who got it wrong, though). We just decided to get our money back, go to Fazolis, and back to campus to watch a dvd. It was one of the Monty Python flicks, and as someone who has never seen Monty Python, it was... odd. Some of it was pretty funny, though; I'll admit that :laugh: .

Nice service at church this morning. A missionary couple (to SE Asia) spoke, and we had food afterwards. :blink: I'll probably keep going to that church when I'm up here (was going to another one).

In a couple of hours, I'll need to start cramming for my geology exam and get about 90 pages read for another class.

I hope everyone's enjoying their Sunday so far. :nono:

I love hay rides. I look forward to October so I can take my kids on one.

I have not been to a drivethru theater forever they can be allot of fun.

Yep. I missed the one (ride) last year, so I'm glad I was able to go. :b-day:

I just realized I called the movie a "drive-thru"; I wonder how much that's like a "drive-in". :b-day: Oh well.

Nothing much to tell today. Had an exam this morning that I may have done well on, but I also could've bombed it. If I get a "B" on that one, I definitely wont mind. Also, I've got an Economics quiz in the morning, so I'll need to study for that a little.

Still keeping an eye on Last Comic Standing's third season. Last night's episode was good (taped it and watched it today), and one of the comics I was rooting for actually made it through (go Dave!). I still hope Alonzo wins the whole thing, though.

And yes, I realize none of you have any idea what I'm talking about. :b-day:

^ Uhhh Huhuhu. I meant drive-inn yeah I'm ok peopel a drive thru movie. "Ya I'd like Star Trek The Wrath of Kahn and supersize the KHHHANNN please" :b-day: Ok so I can't type. :b-day:

:b-day: lol. It's not your fault, Airies; I screwed it up first.

<- hit a mental speed bump :b-day: .

Mmmm... onion rings :)

ARGHHH!!!!! :clap::laugh::clap:

I'm home for fall break, and I'm sick. :lol: My throat is like sandpaper. I guess it's due to the weather change, but I really don't need this right now.