Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace

Ace's Log

Wow my b-day is on Sunday...

have a great day and a happy birthday tommorow!!

Happy birthday, Ace, Hope you have a kicka** day :laugh:

(Oops, sorry I forgot it's still the 11th there. Happy birthday for tommorow then.)

Hang:

Hehe, not exactly, my friend. Since it's summer, most of my friends are all back in their hometowns a good distance from here. I think what I really want is a day to sleep, sleep, and sleep some more. :laugh:

Kyalia:

Hey, thanks for askin' :hug: . I wasn't worried as Calc is turning out to be easier than I thought. Got a 97 (made two stupid mistakes).

Thanks alot WAB and Derro :hug: (and same to you on Sun, WAB).

Ended up not going out tonight; didn't feel like making the time :blink: - going to do it tomorrow instead.

Well, I'm a day older and a day... older. :eekout:

Went out to eat with family yesterday. Of course the waiters/waitresses/customers had to sing :P . Oh well, I'll suffer having everyone sing to me for a minute if I get a free dessert out of it :o .

Oh, and as one of my gifts I got a can of Jelly-Belly's. Those things are awesome! :laugh: I could've done without the peanut-butter ones, though :blink: . Since the last time I had them they added Dr. Pepper to the list of flavors; weird, but good.

Got a couple of other gifts even though I said I didn't want anything. I wont complain :) .

Got class in the morning, and need to mow the yard when I get home.

G'night guys and gals.

Glad to hear you had a good birthday Ace :eekout: gifts are always welcome in my book :laugh: ..have a good one when you wake up dude :blink:

Hope it's not too late to wish you a happy birthday, Ace :eekout: Glad it was a good one!

Whoops :clap: . I haven't checked this for a few days. Sorry Hang and Babe; thanks alot for the b-day wishes. It was fun. :clap:

I'm gonna break this up or it'll get really long. :theking:

Thursday:

Loooong week (at least the last half). Had my last test on Thursday before the final exam (Tues). I had to study alot more for that one, but I'd say it went fine. Then I had to rush back to town to show a friend around a school she may want to work at someday. Then I had to help Mom and a couple of her coworkers practice by operating the sound equipment while they sang.

Friday:

Mom's group sang at the Relay for Life (American Cancer Society), and I did the sound equipment. They did good and even got a compliment from our senator. It was hot as heck out there!!! :clap: I drove the equipment home and stuck my head in the freezer before rushing back :theking: .

It was alot of fun. We walked around the track, bought food and stuff at the booths, and watched the auction (all for charity of course). Ran into a friend of mine and we talked for a long time. I can't tell exactly what she thinks about me (if ya know what I mean), but I'm not really interested in her that way.

After dark they lit up the luminaries - hundreds of candles in bags around the track, each with the name of someone who died of cancer or has it now. Then they turned off all the main lights. It was incredible to stand there with just the luminaries while someone read off all the names of the people on the bags (maybe over an hour of names). Some people stayed til 6am, but we left around 1.

Saturday:

Slept in :clap: .

I checked on the site for a little this afternoon, but other than that I didn't do much. Tonight I went to the 50th anniversary party for one of my mom's coworkers. It was alot of fun towards the end; they pretty much turned it into a roast. They told some pretty interesting stories 'bout the happy couple :clap: . They even had a ton of pictures on a video tribute. Fifty yrs is a long time, but they looked really happy. It actually made me look forward to my senior years for a second,,, but only for a second. :wow:

Great day; just sitting here watching tv right now.

Life's good. :theking:

Friday:

Mom's group sang at the Relay for Life (American Cancer Society), and I did the sound equipment. They did good and even got a compliment from our senator. It was hot as heck out there!!! :clap:  I drove the equipment home and stuck my head in the freezer before rushing back :theking: .

It was alot of fun. We walked around the track, bought food and stuff at the booths, and watched the auction (all for charity of course). Ran into a friend of mine and we talked for a long time. I can't tell exactly what she thinks about me (if ya know what I mean), but I'm not really interested in her that way.

After dark they lit up the luminaries - hundreds of candles in bags around the track, each with the name of someone who died of cancer or has it now. Then they turned off all the main lights. It was incredible to stand there with just the luminaries while someone read off all the names of the people on the bags (maybe over an hour of names). Some people stayed til 6am, but we left around 1.

I did the Relay for Life too, but I doubt it was the same one cause the one I did was freezing cold! Around 2 am it got below 0. The luminarie thing was awesome! I had a friend die from cancer a few years back and to see her name light up brought me to tears.

My condolences B) .

No, it definitely wasn't the same one. lol. I was burning up, but I'd say that's better than freezing my rear off!

Crappy day. :flex:

Had my final exam for calc this morning. I think I did well, so that wasn't the problem. Afterwards I went to sell some books back from last semester, but the school decided THIS YEAR to update the versions of most of the books I was selling - ie: the school wont be using my books anymore. One place wont buy them back at all, and another will only give me 2 bucks apiece. I paid nearly a hundred dollars each for some of those books! Oh well.

Then I went to buy some clothes at American Eagle (had a gift card),,, and they declined my check!!! What the heck!?!? :) I had more than sufficient funds, excellent relationship with bank, never bounced a check, I'm great with my money, my last check to them went through just fine, etc, etc. We're thinking one of the numbers at the bottom may have been smudged or covered. If that's not it, I'm gonna raise heck with the company that handles their processing. I don't appreciate the completely wrong impression it probably gave the people in line behind me. :)

...So I came home and took a nap. :)

I'm gonna try to prepare a note or two to send out in the mail tomorrow before I go to bed. Other than that...

No more classes til August!!! B) :)

Hi Ace! Belated B-day wishes. I see that you're taking calc classes, and did well on your final exam. I tried my best to get through calc at two different universities. Did not pass either time. That put an end to my desire for an E.E. degree. As it turns out, I never finished my bachelor's degree. Ended up meeting a special lady, and got hitched. I still would like to finish my degree, someday. Ciao for now. Jaz :) :flex:

Hey, jaz! :wub:

Thanks for the b-day wishes.

Yeh, calc can be difficult. I honestly didn't even know what it was til I took the class,,, and I'm still not even sure :hug: .

Since I'd never taken it in high school, I wasn't sure how I'd do at my university. So, I decided to take it through a local community college this summer where people said it was easier. It was a small class (30 compared to the several hundred that would've been in it at Uni.), and my instructor was great. He made everything easy to learn. I don't know where you took your's, but at some schools, the students are just a number and they wont go out of their way to help you :bow: .

E.E. stands for...? (I have a guess, but just to make sure...). I'm working on both a Business marketing and a Finance (or Management) degree, so I guess calc will help at some point. I'm not sure that I'll have much need for it in real-estate, though :P .

Sounds like things worked out for ya. :o If you really want to finish your degree and have the time, I'd say go for it! I know a few people just a few credit hours shy of graduating who really want to go back. They just haven't been able to do it yet.

--------

Nothing going on with me. I ran over a tree root with the mower last week, so it just got repaired this afternoon. There's nearly 80 bucks of my money gone. :laugh: I mowed the rest of the yard, came in to watch some tv, and I'm doing a short night shift here.

I'm 'bout to go to sleep, though. Night, all. :o

(I've really got to cut down the length of my log entries! :bow: )

You just have intresting things to say Ace....lol ouch expencive mower repair...

hope the garden is happy after the 80$ investment

Click for Spoiler:

trekki.gif

:bow: Thanks, Smoked. Yep, that was a bit o' money, but it was supposed to be around $140. The repairman was in a good mood and gave me a discount :laugh: .

Let's just say I wont be mowing around that tree again any time soon...

Like RC said in her log, the board was frigging dead last night! :laugh: I was so bored I even checked on a board I hadn't been to in 6 months.

Great weather here :laugh: . Went furniture and carpet shopping with Mom this afternoon :laugh: . Since I'm home for the summer, I'm pretty much a chauffeur.

Now: Just watchin' tv again. :laugh:

I'm really, really bored again. :blink:

I'm glad I don't have anything to do, but I think I should be doing something.

Weird, eh?

I would IM, but I'm trying to keep the phone line clear as much as I can during the daytime.

I need entertainment :blink: .

E.E. stands for...? (I have a guess, but just to make sure...). I'm working on both a Business marketing and a Finance (or Management) degree, so I guess calc will help at some point. I'm not sure that I'll have much need for it in real-estate, though :dude: .

I ran over a tree root with the mower last week, so it just got repaired this afternoon. There's nearly 80 bucks of my money gone. :blink: 

Howdy Ace!

BTW, "E.E." stands for "Electrical Engineering". At one time I wanted to get into the radio broadcasting field. Are you familiar with Trans World Radio? It is Christian-based ministry broadcasting in numerous languages world wide based in Monaco. I had the opportunity to tour the facility while I was stationed at Italy with the USAF. Ironically, the facility was once used by the Nazis under Hitler!

As to your lawn mower incident, I did the same thing, only worse, last year. I bought a $275.00 mower and had no sooner mowed a couple of swaths, but I then ran over a steel pipe poking up out of the ground! I bent the crankshaft, and so figured that the mower was junk!! :bow: Incredibly, a technician at a local John Deere dealer was able to straighten it, ... for $20. I couldn't believe it :blink:

Maybe I need to get on the bandwagon and start my own log. :P

Ciao for now, Jaz :) :(

I need entertainment :o .

party-smiley-048.gif

^ you're entertainment for tonight :lol:

I don't know whether to laugh or run for my life. :lol:

Thanks, RC; :look: that's great!

I need entertainment :lol: .

party-smiley-048.gif

^ you're entertainment for tonight :o

:look: Now thats what i call funny :look: ..guess the Q is can you dance like that Ace? :lol:

E.E. stands for...? (I have a guess, but just to make sure...). I'm working on both a Business marketing and a Finance (or Management) degree, so I guess calc will help at some point. I'm not sure that I'll have much need for it in real-estate, though :o .

I ran over a tree root with the mower last week, so it just got repaired this afternoon. There's nearly 80 bucks of my money gone. :lol: 

Howdy Ace!

BTW, "E.E." stands for "Electrical Engineering". At one time I wanted to get into the radio broadcasting field. Are you familiar with Trans World Radio? It is Christian-based ministry broadcasting in numerous languages world wide based in Monaco. I had the opportunity to tour the facility while I was stationed at Italy with the USAF. Ironically, the facility was once used by the Nazis under Hitler!

As to your lawn mower incident, I did the same thing, only worse, last year. I bought a $275.00 mower and had no sooner mowed a couple of swaths, but I then ran over a steel pipe poking up out of the ground! I bent the crankshaft, and so figured that the mower was junk!! B) Incredibly, a technician at a local John Deere dealer was able to straighten it, ... for $20. I couldn't believe it :lol:

Maybe I need to get on the bandwagon and start my own log. :look:

Ciao for now, Jaz :o :lol:

Howdy, Den!

I have a friend in E.E., but I'm not sure what she's going into after graduating. Sorry; haven't heard of that broadcast before. I just stick to K-Love most of the time. Sounds like it'd be a cool place to see, though (talk about a change of ownership! :look: ).

I'm guessing you didn't go into broadcasting, then?

By that price, I'm guessing it's a pushmower... If not, you got one heckuva deal. :o When I hit that root, I bent the blade on my riding mower/ lawn tractor/ whatever it's called in different areas. That thing can be pretty hard (and pricey) to fix sometimes, but luckily nothing was screwed up but the blades. I guess we're both lucky we could get 'em fixed cheap!

Sure, the more logs the merrier ;) . Feel free to keep chattin' in mine, though; since I don't have time for IMing, I like it when people reply in here.

Maybe I should start offering free shirts:

"I posted in Ace's log, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!" :P

I need entertainment :o .

party-smiley-048.gif

^ you're entertainment for tonight :lol:

:look: Now thats what i call funny :look: ..guess the Q is can you dance like that Ace? :lol:

Oh yeah. *gets jiggy wit it* :lol:

Moved and built furniture all afternoon. :(

A friend brought his Pirates of the Caribbean dvd over and a few of us watched it. I hadn't seen it til now; pretty good movie. :spock:

Gotta go pick up a couch tomorrow. I'll be glad when we finish up all this furniture stuff. :hug:

G'night, all. :flex:

OK, they never used asbestos in old matresses, did they? :eek:

Long story, but in order to get one of Mom's real-estate deals closed, an old matress had to be taken out of the attic of an old house yesterday,,, but it was too big to go out the window or the stairs (they put it up there before a wall was made). I had to use a saw and wire-cutters to chop that thing into 4ths.

Fun stuff.

Plus it was hot as heck, so I was wipin' my forehead the whole time.

Resting today. Slept til 11; watching DS9 right now.

I'm hungry. :eek:

Been a good day. :theforce:

The Doc said something on my head probably isn't anything to worry about and removed it (too much info?). Might have to go back for a check-up in a couple of wks, but probably not.

I got to mow the front yard before it started raining.

Right now, it's raining with the sun shining bright, and there's a double-rainbow in the sky out front. Mom loves those.

Plus, if they aren't rained-out, I'm going to 2 fireworks displays this wkend with friends and family.

<-- Ace is in a pretty good mood.

Just got back from the city's fireworks show. It was probably the most relaxed I've been in a long time. It was great to see everyone out with their families enjoying the company and the show. :D

Here are a few pics:

fireworks.jpg

WOW cool pics Ace :D ..that must have been one h.ell of a fire work show :D glad to hear that you had a good time...take it easy buddie :D