Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace

Ace's Log

Check England off my "places to visit" list. ( :biggrin: kidding)

It rarely gets over 100 here, but it usually happens at least a few days out of the year.

70???

Its over 90 in the UK, can I move to where you are?

247344[/snapback]

Sure, just don't bring those 90's with you :laugh: .

(This is an unusually cool summer for here; it should be 90 :biggrin: .)

247349[/snapback]

We'd been having un-seasonally cool weather until yesterday, now the August normal temps of the 90's are arrived. I wanna air conditioner! :blink: If only the car didn't keep nickle and diming us then I'd get one.

It's nice and cool at around 92 a very low temp for this week which hs been lined at around 101. That's not including the heat index......

which is around 108.... don't forget the ozone advisory....

:laugh:

It sucks to live in Houston... :biggrin:

I think it made it up to 78 for a high yesterday. Not bad, but I was inside anyway.

What the heck should I make my member title? :lol: (if I change it)

(referring to the thing that says "Admiral" now, btw)

The ace of spades, the high card... :hammer:

Wildcat fan

or "your ruler" :devil:

One of those could work, WAB; I'll think about it :( . Thanks.

I haven't been on much for the past several days, and I wont be on often for the next week. Life is alot busier than it should be right now. :(

Ok. As some of you know, we had a storage room built into the back of the garage at the same time we were getting ready for a yard sale. First of all, we spent 3 weeks getting things together for the sale, but we only had time to do it one day. We got about 40 bucks out of it, and have a pile of junk no one wants sitting in our garage.

The room thing went better at first. I spent alot of time sanding, scraping, painting, etc... We bought a ton of shelves at Lowe's, and I started putting them up a day or two ago. The first few went up ok, but tonight sucked. We have a 'stud-detector' (finds the wooden frame pieces behind the wallboard), but it wouldn't give a straight answer :( . I've got 6 or 7 holes in the wall that don't go into anything! (can't tell much with a hammer either). I just decided to give it a rest and work on it tomorrow.

Add to that 2 recent deaths. My mom's friend's sister passed away (in her 40's), as did another friend's 70+ year old mother. The deceased's daughter is like my God-Mother, so we went to visitation today and are going to the funeral tomorrow. She's taking it well-enough, I guess.

More good news... (sarcasm)

I move back into the dorm next week. :blink: I'll love being with my friend's again, but I just need another week to catch up on things here at the house. I haven't even started to get my appliances, clothes, etc... together yet.

Think I'm done yet? Nope. We're having a group of people over here to hang out on Monday night and the house is a war-zone. We're probably just going to take everything and hide it in one or two rooms before anyone gets here.

:wallbash: <- me right now.

Figured this was as good a place to rant as any. :(

:blink: *massive hugs* back to ya; thanks. :(

It's nothing big; it's just a bunch of little things all annoying the heck outta me at once.

I missed the first half of the trivia chat today, so I think I only got 2 questions. Oh well. :(

We're still having those incredibly low temps here. I forgot to mention that 2 or 3 days ago, the high temperature for the entire day was 69 ... in August :( . That's just not right. I loved it at around 75, but now it's getting downright chilly at night.

same here in Texas. It's only in the 80's...

That is like freezing cold compared to regular days... :blink:

It's still cold; some people are even starting to wear jackets, but this is supposed to be the hottest part of the summer. I wont complain, though, since my dorm room doesn't have air conditioning anyway. :eek:

100th post in my log. Cool. -_-

I just worked in my house building shelving and other things for 10 hours straight! :dude: (3pm to 1am). I'm tired to say the least. I wont get to sleep in either, because I need to mow and sweep the entire yard in the morning. Then, after I get back on-campus, I'm sure my friends and I will stay up til 3 or 4 most nights anyway, so I don't think I'll be getting much sleep for a while :dude: . Oh well; I guess I can sleep next summer...

You sound like an insomniac like me... :dude:

join the chat room also known as the insomniac room... :dude:

Here's the thing, though:

Insomniacs have trouble getting to sleep. I sleep easy and wish I slept more; I just don't feel like I have the time to sleep some days. :dude::dude::eek:

Insomniacs have trouble getting to sleep. I sleep easy and wish I slept more; I just don't feel like I have the time to sleep some days. :dude:  :dude:  :eek:

251490[/snapback]

That sounds like me during the school year...

It's nothing big; it's just a bunch of little things all annoying the heck outta me at once.

250863[/snapback]

I just realized that may not have come across right. I was just referring to all those nitpicky things. The 2 deaths were big deals, and the families are still in my prayers.

Insomniacs have trouble getting to sleep. I sleep easy and wish I slept more; I just don't feel like I have the time to sleep some days. :naughty:  :laugh:  :blink:

251490[/snapback]

That sounds like me during the school year...

251703[/snapback]

Same for me, but actually a little less during the school year. I'll find more time to sleep because I put off my studying til the last minute :naughty: .

We had some friends over tonight to eat. I worked from 11 to 5 on the yard and getting some other things fixed. I'm running out of time to do evrything because I'll be spending alot of tomorrow getting my stuff ready to take to the dorm on Wednesday.

Must... have... sleep... :naughty:

WAHEY!!!!!!! :naughty:

*composes self* :laugh:

I finally got all those shelves put up after making another $150 trip to Lowe's. All I have left to do is put up another small peg board in the laundry room, then my days of home-remodeling are over for a while :naughty: . At least I have one more day to do it in,,, and to get all my things loaded into my car. I'll actually be going to campus on Thurs instead of Wed.

Maybe tonight I'll actually get a decent amount of sleep. :naughty:

Well, the car's loaded and I'm about to head off to my second year at university. Wish me luck... :clap:

Thanks alot, ST, RC, AE, and Airies! :hug:

Funny how those little projects end up being not so little. *shrugs*

How true... :hammer:

Well, after messing with it for a few hours, I finally got my computer hooked-up here in my room (back on cable; no more dial-up speeds! :laugh: ). The room layout sucks :laugh: . The college bought new furniture over the summer. It may look nice, but it's not comfortable, and I'm stuck with an unwanted bunk bed. The room's huge, so everything in here could be on ground level, but the new beds have the desks built-in under them. I'll have to climb up there every night. Great.

Everything else is fine.It took me 3 cart loads to get all my stuff in here. The campus eating places all closed before I got hungry, though, so I went over to McDonald's instead. That's what I get for moving in early (helping other people move-in tomorrow with the BSU). My roommate gets here tomorrow, but if he wants my side of the room,,, too bad. :P

The rest of my friends wont be up here for probably another 2 days, so I can't wait til they all get here. :P

<--- hoping it's not too hot tomorrow since I'll be outside moving all the new students' furniture and luggage. :laugh:

good luck with you academics!!!

Hope you get along with your room mate!!! :dude:

Thanks, bud. Same to you (on the academics). :o

Well, I'm still settling in up here. It's my 5th day back and classes start tomorow *shudders*. Ya know, college would be awesome if they just got rid of all the "learning" stuff. lol.

I've gotten used to the room layout now and actually like it. Now that we've got both the fans going full blast 24/7, it feels pretty good in here (no air conditioning). New roomie is turning out to be a good guy. I wont say anything 'bout him though since he might stop by STF later on :) (*waves* hey, J).

Let's see.... the week's events...

Thursday: I moved in and got all my stuff together in my room.

Friday: Started moving other people in from 9-5. Roomate moved in that afternoon so I went out to eat with him and his mom that night.

Saturday: Moved people in from 9-12. Drove to the other side of town to buy cheaper books for the semester. Ate with a friend or two who were already up here. That night was a big campus party on one of the sports fields for all the new students. Went for a while with roommate, hung out, ran into the few friends who were already there, including my old roommate (he was recruiting the new students for his frat). Me, roommate, and a girl/friend (not girlfriend) came back and just hung out outside my dorm til past midnight.

Sunday: Drove to the church I go to when I'm on campus. Came back for the BSU's big progressive dinner (6 or 7 bus loads of new and returning students going out to eat at different places for each part of the meal). It was 4 hrs, and I was stuffed. lol.

When I got back, I ran into the rest of my friends who had just moved in that afternoon. WAHEY!!! :) . Everyone was running up and welcoming people back. Got a hug from Annie and got her to do her muppet dance (long story; let's just say she's slightly nuts, but in the good way :) ). We hung out, more people joined us, and eventually half of us ended up in one of my friend's rooms. They were just taking us on a tour, but we ended up staying there til 1 in the morning just hangin' out and talking. I think we were WAY over the occupancy limit. lol.

Monday: Slept-in a little. Ate lunch with a few friends, then drove a few other friends BACK to that book place to take some books back (wrong books or were found cheaper somewhere else). Made it back late to my floor meeting. Meh. Went to the BSU's open house and ran into more friends I hadn't seen yet. A group of us went out for Chinese afterwards at like,,, about 9 or 10pm. Then we were supposed to go to a party at another friend's house for someone's birthday. We got into 2 cars (mine and Kurt's) to get there, and even though I was the one with the directions, I followed Kurt (he swore he knew where he was going :) ). By the time I turned around, he had already led us OUT OF TOWN! He probably wouldn't have turned around til he saw "Welcome to Tennessee". lol. We hung out and watched a movie before roommate and I headed back for the dorm.

Tuesday: Might go out for Indian food with the same group today, but I think I'm still full from last night. Have something else at the BSU tonight, then I'll need to rest up for classes. Ugh.

It's good to be back... except for the whole education part of it. lol (no offense, mj :) ).

Everyone who took the time to read all that gets a gold star! It may be completely useless, but it's shiny! :lol: To collect your star, you must post in my log! :)

Everything's going pretty good right now, though I haven't been on here nearly as much lately. Things should calm down soon, though. First day of classes was yesterday, and I have one left this afternoon. All of them seem bearable so far, but I have no way to really tell how hard they'll be yet. All I know is that books are too darned expensive :laugh: . I've got a cookout on campus tonight to go to, but that's probably about all. Hopefully I can catch up on some rest, and if they do a fire drill tonight... someone will suffer :) .

All I know is that books are too darned expensive  :)

Yeah they are untill you try to sell'em back, then they've depreciated 99.999%! Why are consumers always forced to take it up the yingyang...

You know what makes it even more fun! When the new edition comes out with little change and the used old edition is no long valid. :) :laugh:

You know what makes it even more fun!  When the new edition comes out with little change and the used old edition is no long valid.  :)  :laugh:

256297[/snapback]

Yes Odie, that's what it appears they ALWAYS say as reason the book your selling back is so worthless now. LIARS! :laugh:

I agree with you both 100%. I pay around 400 dollars for the books at the beginning of the semester, but they only want to offer 5 or 10 bucks per book at the end...

I return them to the same place I bought them, they were used when I bought them in the first place, I keep them in good condition, and yet, somehow, they're only worth $5 a few months later!!??!!??!!??!!?? B) That is until they turn around and sell them to the next unsuspecting mark for $75. B) Itell you, they've got a racket going, and alot of people are sick of it. There's just not a whole lot we can do about it without trying to sell them online, which usually takes too long.

Last semester, almost all of my books "changed to new editions" over the break :b-day: . THERE'S a few hundred bucks I'll never see again.

[/rant]

Last night was pretty fun. Seven of us hopped into mine and another car (2 others came later) and drove to a nearby county to a drive-in. We didn't really care what the movies were; we just wanted to hang out. We layed on the windshields and watched the new Anaconda ( B) ) and The Village ( :b-day: ). I wasn't paying attention half the time, so I might need to see The Village again just to understand what the heck was going on (Anaconda, however, was not that deep :b-day: ).

When we got back around 1:30, we walked over to a Huddle House and ate/talked. I finally got to bed around 3am, so I just woke up a couple hours ago. B)