Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace

Ace's Log

I'm sure you will, Lursa, and I'd bet you have more now than you realize. :assimilated:

Well, rather than bringing much attention to myself, I thought I'd post this in here:

I'm stepping down from the STF moderating team. I just celebrated a year of working here, but there are some other areas of my life that require my time now. It has been a fun year, and this may not be a permanent decision. I'm definitely planning to stick around and will still assist the mod team when I can. Even though I'll just be an Ambassador now, feel free to ask if you need anything. :lol:

(Maybe this'll also give me a chance to get back into updating my log. lol. )

Thanks, all. :)

I feel like it's time for an update. I realize pretty much nobody reads this anymore since it's been so long, but that's alright. :wink2:

So... what's new with me...

Well, it's just a lazy summer for me, yet I manage to be busy somehow. With this dial-up connection at home, I still can't be online very much.

This has been a good year for me so far. Last semester at college was the end of my sophomore year. I got to focus on more classes that dealt with my majors and finally got the 4.0 I was wanting so much. Woohoo!

Switched from Marketing/Finance to Marketing/Management. Management isn't all that interesting so far, but it has to be better than Finance. On that note... no more accounting classes! That's a relief.

Still spent almost all of my free time hanging out with friends, pretty much every night. It's kindof boring without them around during the summer. Luckily, 6 or 7 of us are meeting back in our college-city to hang out this coming Tuesday, so that should be fun. I'll probably just crash at one of their apartments so I won't have to drive an hour back home that late. We'll see.

Otherwise I'm just spending alot of time doing yardwork here at the house. Even though I'm spending several hours a day mowing/weeding/trimming/cleaning/planting/spraying/etc, I'm not even close to being done. At least the weather has been nice enough that I've been able to spend a few afternoons in/by the pool.

For those of you who have me on AIM, sorry for not being online very often. It's just hard to find the time to chat. I will be on a bit more in the fall. :)

Also, as of Sunday, I will no longer have "teen" in my age. I'm not really sure how I feel about that one... :yahoo:

That's all I can really think of for now. Kindof distracted, so that's my excuse if any of this doesn't make sense :laugh:.

Whether I know ya or not, leave me a msg here in my log. I'm always happy to get replies. :)

So... yeah. Later. B)

:) :)

:yahoo:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ACE!!

:partytime: :laugh: :partytime:

Thank you two. I appreciate it :congrats: .

Thanks to Dennis and Angela too if I don't get to reply soon. :newyear:

I have no idea how long or short this'll be , so here goes nothin'... :look:

So, the summer is great so far. First off, I've been sleeping til noon or so every day. Yes, I'm a lazy bum right now :lol: . I've got a bunch of the yardwork done that I've needed to finish. I'm actually rather proud of the rock flower-bed I built for Mom down by the roadside. I should take a pic of it...

The biggest dilemma on my mind right now is where I'm gonna be living this fall. I've got three choices. I can either stay in the dorm for a third yr with a guy who seems alright, I can move into a house with some friends of mine about 20 minutes from campus (though I don't really like the area), or I can move into another house with a couple of my best friends (but I could only be there half a yr). All the guys are trying to get me to pick their respective houses, but I've got a little more thinking to do on it; it'll be my first time having to pay rent :) .

On that note, I guess I am looking forward to my Junior year at Uni. Not the larning part, of course (just kidding, mj :blink: ), but I do miss my friends.

On THAT note... I'll talk about last night.

I'm in love with my college town and my hometown. I couldn't think of two better places to live. Last night (home-town), Mom and I drove downtown to a park to listen to a steel-drum calypso/Caribbean band. They were great; I love that kind of music. About a hundred or so people came out to listen.

As we were almost home that night, there was a car in our driveway. What? :) I didn't have a clue who it was til we drove up next to them. Three of my best college-guy friends had driven an hour down to my house... for no reason... and they'd never been there. I'm surprised they didn't get lost. lol. We hung out for a few hours, but they had to drive back for work the next morning.

My friends are random, and I love 'em all for it. :lol:

We're supposed to be going to King's Island (big theme/amusement park) sometime before school starts back; we just have to schedule it around everyone's work. Not easy.

On a different note... Mom noticed last night that one of our three dogs wasn't himself. It looks like he got into a fight with a racoon or something. He has a couple gashes on his face and leg, and one eye is injured. We're going to try to take him to the vet Monday. He's an awesome little dog (our tripod guard-dog), so we hope he's gonna be alright.

Well, that's about all for now.

Listening to one of my favorite new songs. I like all styles, slow and fast, but this song just has a great message.

Natalie Grant: "Held"

Click For Spoiler

Alright, if you've read most of this post, I commend you. :tear:

I hope everyone's having a great Saturday.

Almost forgot: my thoughts and prayers are still with the people of the London. God bless.

As promised: pics (see previous entry).

Mom wanted me to build this so we wouldn't have to mow up the slightly steep hill around the telephone pole. It took me a good while to dig out the levels and such, but it obviously still needs some work.

Click For Spoiler

The steel drum band from last night:

Click For Spoiler

A small part of the crowd with a piece of Main St. in the background:

Click For Spoiler

We think we figured out what happened to our dog, Benjy. It was probably a groundhog. :) Mom got up early this morning and one of our other dogs was in a stand-off with a groundhog near the electric fenceline. We knew a big groundhog lived under our old storage building, but she said this one was smaller. Who knows; we might have a whole nest of 'em.

All I know is they can't be attacking my dogs in my own yard. Any tips to get rid of them?

Benjy's doing much better; we just hope the vet can take care of his eye wound.

I hope your dog is ok Ace.

Here is the number one hit my search for a remedy netted but it's something you have to buy (fox scented powder you spread around) http://www.critter-repellent.com/groundhog...hog-removal.php

Elsewhere I found out from testimonials that the Sonic repellers are ineffective.

"Fencing":

Click For Spoiler

Tips on "baiting and trapping":

Click For Spoiler

The "pollute their environment" method:

Click For Spoiler

Wow; I didn't know about alot of that stuff. Thanks for looking into it, AE; I appreciate it. :laugh: I showed that to Mom and if we do anything, we might try out that kitty-litter method. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try, and with two indoor cats, we have the supplies. :eekout:

Well, Benjy had to make two trips to the vet, but he's alright. The vet had to remove some sort of growth on his eyelid (unrelated to the attack) that was actually causing the eye problems. We'll have to take him back to get a few stitches taken out.

Otherwise, not much going on here. Just relaxin'.

Hope everyone has a good wk. :P

You're welcome. Good to hear it helped you out Ace and that you have the supplies to enact one of the tips. :eekout: Good to hear Benjy is ok too. :laugh:

Thanks to Eratosthenes for my gret new sig. B)

I got to drive up and hang out with some college buds for 5 or 6 hours today, so that was fun. Also drove by the houses I could be living in this fall and I think I've (pretty much) decided which one. I'll just have to work out the details with my friend who asked me to move in.

Watched the season premiers of SG-1, SG:A and BSG tonight on Sci-Fi. They were all pretty good, but SG:A was probably the best. I'm looking forward to seeing more of BSG, since my reaction to some of last season was " :lol: ."

Gonna try to go get some sleep now. For some reason, I couldn't get to sleep for hours last night even though I knew I had to get up before 7. Ended up getting only 4 hours of sleep :wow:

Anyways, g'night all. :sleep3:

Check out the Battlestar Galactica thread started by Proto-type in the Off topic section (if it interests you), Ace. :lol:

Thanks; I have. :lol:

I really enjoy the show, but I think what I'm looking forward to the most is seeing how they resolve the Helo/Boomer/(Baby)/Starbuck coming back to the ship situation. I'm not really concerned about the Adama situation as I assume he'll pull through.

Awesome weekend. After hanging out with friends on Friday, I came home only to have them call Saturday morning to let me know that 3 more of my friends had shown up in town. So, I drove back there again and ended up crashing at the apartment. Got one of my friends to go to my college church with me, then hung out with him for a few more hours before finally driving home late Sunday. I wish I hadn't had to miss the Trivia chat here, but I didn't want to miss the chance to see some of these people before classes start again.

I'll go back next Tuesday to watch a baseball game with a different group of friends, then hopefully go to Kings Island with some of the first group next wkend.

Still haven't finalized my living arrangements for the fall, but the house is a great deal. I just wish it was a little closer to campus.

Taking two dogs to the vet this Thurs for shots and removal of Benjy's stitches.

Otherwise, the rain continues. I did manage to get the yard mowed this afternoon after getting a haircut, but it rained before I could sweep the clippings. Might do that tomorrow.

Also want to go on a music spree. Planning to buy the newest albums from Paul Colman, Mark Harris, Jeremy Camp, and maybe Joy Williams or Bebo Norman.... or Natalie Grant. The choices are endless; my wallet is not :roflmao: .

(Yes, I still live in the dark ages and buy my music)

Nothig else for now. G'night. :yahoo:

Jeremy camp? Good choice!

341929[/snapback]

Yep. I've come *this close* to buying his last two albums, but just never got around to it. I'm really liking "Take You Back", "Lay Down My Pride" and "Restored", though, so I'll actually try to get this one.

"Walk By Faith" and "Stay" are still my favorites, though.

I can't say I've even heard of the group :roflmao: . If you find any info on em, feel free to pass it along.

I'll have to see if I can listen to a clip or two of their songs. If they've never been played on K-Love or Air1, I probably haven't heard them before. :P

Nothing going on here this weekend. Listening to the radio right now and might mow the yard... again, afterwards. We've had alot of rain lately so it's growing too fast. Plus it's freakishly hot here. It's supposed to get up around 100 degrees today and there's high humidity. In other words, "inside weather." At least until it cools down late this afternoon.

Loving this new site I found. www.eplans.com. I've always been a freak for that kind of stuff; I've been buying house plan books in grocery stores since I was a little kid and making my own floorplan designs just as long. Weird, I know, but I really want to get into residential development some day. I've even taken some architectural drafting courses before.

So..... yeeeah. :lol: Me and my hobbies.

Current fav song is on the radio right now. Paul Colman - "The One Thing"

Really catchy.

All for now. :P

As some of you might know, I went to the tooth-snatcher's office yesterday morning :yawn: . I'm in alot less pain than I thought I would be for having all 4 wisdom teeth removed. In fact, I'm in no pain at all. The swelling is making me look like a chipmunk and I did get a little sick last night, but otherwise I'm fine. At least I get to spend the next couple of days doing absolutely nothing :yawn: . The only problem during the procedure was that they couldn't find a vein at first, so they ended up going into both arms... :lol:

The past month has been great. I've been spending alot of time crashing at friends houses in my college town. The Kings Island trip with them last Saturday was alot of fun. Me and a friend of mine drove up there, but his car crapped out just south of Cincinatti on the way back. We were lucky enough to find a PepBoys still open, but had to leave his car up there. Sooooooo, I drove the rest of the way back with 7 people crammed in my car :lol: . I had to drive him back up there to get his car the next day.

The baseball game that week with other friends was fun too. Might go back up there to see March of the Penguins with some of them once I move in.

Spent the days before surgery stripping paint off the bed frame and bed-side table I'll be using when I move into the house with the other guys. All I have left to do is stain and seal them. They look pretty dern good if I say so myself.

Hoping to move into the place at least a week or so before classes start, especially since I've signed up again to help Freshmen move into the dorms.

Otherwise, I'm just chillin'. Feel free to bug me. :huh:

:yawn: Ouch! All 4 wisdom teeth at the same time? Don't they usually do them 2 at a time? I've never been thru that..I still have all my wisdom teeth, they have never given me trouble..Well, enjoy your time chillin'.. :yawn:

OUCH indeed! I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed many years ago, and I felt like I got kicked in the face! :yawn: Hope you stay pain-free. :yawn:

Well as they say pain is pleasure lol. I still have my wisdom teeth, but i want to have sharp klingon teeth lol.

:lol: Ouch! All 4 wisdom teeth at the same time? Don't they usually do them 2 at a time? I've never been thru that..I still have all my wisdom teeth, they have never given me trouble..Well, enjoy your time chillin'.. :hug:

345704[/snapback]

I think it's general practice now to do all 4 at once. Only the top 2 of mine were even coming in, but if you go more than once, you have to pay for the (expensive) anesthesia every time. Hence, it's cheaper to do it at the same time. lol.

Sometimes they don't cause problems, but it's more of a preventative thing. I wouldn't have thought my wisdom teeth would have caused me problems, but after hearing more about them, I understand why it needed to be done.

Thanks, I have :hug: . Since I haven't really been in any pain, there hasn't been much need to 'do nothing'. I even finished staining and sealing my furniture tonight, plus I'm starting to pack stuff for when I move out. Just nothing strenuous. :)

OUCH indeed! I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed many years ago, and I felt like I got kicked in the face!  :lol:  Hope you stay pain-free.  :)

345742[/snapback]

Thanks, BB. :) I'm actually surprised that I have been pain-free. I only took one of the prescription pain pills (the day of the surgery) and it apparently made me a little sick. Otherwise I've just been taking a few Motrins and I'm fine. The swelling's almost completely gone and everything. I'm guessing I was one of the lucky ones *crosses fingers*. :wink2:

Well as they say pain is pleasure lol. I still have my wisdom teeth, but i want to have sharp klingon teeth lol.

345804[/snapback]

Pain... pleasure? Erm.... I think I'll pass on that one. lol. Having no pain is a GOOD thing.

Klingon teeth, eh? I'll see if I can find you some good gagh recipes. lol-j/k. If you do end up getting them taken out, it's not a big deal. Just do everything the docs tell you to.

My bed is covered in clothes..... :lol:

If I want to get any sleep tonight I better clean it off. Think I'm hungry for a late supper first, though.

That reminds me: I've never noticed fast food commercials more than I have this week. It just aint fair. I guess I'll go dream about real food while I'm eating yet another bowl of soup... :)

Hey all. Sorry for disappearing for a little while. I've been busy every day for the last week. Moved into the new place last Wednesday and have been hanging out with friends ever since. I usually don't even get home til 2-4 in the morning most nights. Until last night, of course. Classes started back today. I don't know if that's a good thing or not -lol- but the two I had today were alright. I have an awesome schedule - I don't have any classes before 11am, get out every day at 3:15, and don't have Friday classes. Wahey!

The new roommates are pretty cool too. Not that I've hung out with them much since I'm always out late. Plus, I've got the nicest room in the house B) . One of 'em is playing guitar right now; I should go see which one...

Anyway B) ...

Yeah, so that's the abridged story of my life this week. Going to a cookout tomorrow night and who knows what the wkend will hold.

Hit me up here in my log; I'd love to hear from some of you B) . Have a great week.

Has anyone here been trying to add me on AIM lately? If so, please let me know here first so I can accept your message.

Otherwise, has anyone heard of a virus going around AIM right now? I've gotten messages from two odd screennames lately and I don't want to screw up my comp. :tribble:

I read about a recent virus that spreads with the help of a messenger, so I'd be careful and I'd not accept messages from people I don't know. :tribble:

:flowers: