Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace

Ace's Log

Well, I finally got around to starting a log. Like another member said, boredome can be a powerful thing. :waaaa:

Not much is going on here. The weather has been pretty bad; we've had severe thunderstorms almost every day this week. One of them popped up while I was out mowing the back yard, but I kept on going. Needless to say I got soaked; I came in the house and gave Mom a hug before she could get away. :) (Sometimes I can be obnoxious like that :) ).

I'm taking Calculus during the summer to get the requirement out of the way. I have to drive 2 hrs a day, 4 days a wk for it, but it's not bad. We did a little furniture shopping this afternoon (ugh), then relaxed and watched some DS9.

Caught Shrek2 at the new theatre last wkend, and will go back this wkend for The Day After Tomorrow. Hope it will be as good as the effects look.

Looking forward to seeing all my college friends in a couple months. Hopefully a bunch of us are going to meet up at a baseball game in a few weeks.

That's probably good enough for a first entry.

I know y'all said you like to have a face to go with the name... so why not.

Me chillin' :) :

Click for Spoiler:

resized.jpg

I also got bored a few days ago and decided to make a quick banner. I made it on Paint, so it's not great. Just me and a few of my interests.

Click for Spoiler:

bannerfinal2.jpg

Bored you enough yet? :)

Anyway, feel free to reply. Talking to myself is pretty boring. :clap:

Hey Ace :) at last a pic to go with your face..hehe i have been wondering what you looked like..looks like your kicking back and taking it easy..hehe..have a good weekend friend :waaaa:

Thanks man. Yeh, one of the few times I've gotten to take it easy for a good while. :o

Dang! Yesterday there was a tornado 2 or 3 counties south of me and another (an F3) in my friends neighborhood an hour north. It ripped off roofs and even sucked a baby girl out of her room and landed her in the yard next door. :clap: Luckily, the tornados didn't take any lives, but a few people (4 people 19-20 something yrs old) were killed by flash flooding nearby. My prayers for their families. :dude: I can't wait til this weather calms down.

It's been nice outside this afternoon. I slept in, then worked in the yard digging-up and planting trees, cleaning out weeds, and moving one of our woodpiles. Right now we're sitting here watching the news before DS9 comes on.

Ugh. I've gotta build this huge bookcase that we bought yesterday. B)

Trek's on now! :look:

Replies, people; replies! :blink: It doesn't matter if you know me or not; I'll get to know you. :bow:

I'm sooooo glad I don't live in tornado alley anymore. They showed a tornado in Tulsa, OK on the news. I used to live in Tulsa. Take care of yourselves. Glad the weather is looking nice for you today. :blink: Sending you some ~warm sunny vibes~. We've got plenty of warm sunny weather to spare here. sun.gif

Hey, I just noticed the pics. Cool! You're very handsome. mischief.gif

Okay I read RC's post and decided it was safe to say this. I saw the pics too. And I thought wow he's a hottie! How old is he and then I found out you were born in 1985!!!!

Damn man you are 4 years younger than me.

lol Where's one of RC's blushing smilies when you need one. :naughty: Thanks gals :dude: . I'll just be 19 in a few wks. Why; how old did you think I was?

Thanks for the sunny vibes, RC; we need them. You can keep your Arizona heat, though :lol: ; it was warm and humid enough today as it was.

Finished stacking the wood and am watching "Sacrifice of Angels" on Spike (awesome episode!!!).

Probably going to see 'The Day After Tomorrow', tomorrow (should've said that yesterday :drool: ). Then a Catholic friend of mine is getting confirmed on Sunday so we'll probably go to his church.

Going to bed in about an hour (early for me). Night all. :huh:

well it's true!

If you want we can talk anytime My IM sevices are listed in my profile. Hope to hear from ya

lol Where's one of RC's blushing smilies when you need one. :drool:

embarrass.gif

^ There you go :naughty:

I'll just be 19 in a few wks. Why; how old did you think I was?

For some reason I thought you were about my age (mid twenties)

Thanksembarrass.gif.

I get that (age) sometimes. Not sure what it is. :lol:

I'll try to turn on my AIM more often, but I still don't have much time. Now I've got Mod duties to add; I'm even gonna have to stay away from 2 of my other boards or I'll never get any sleep :drool: .

Slept in a little this morning, but that's understandable since I stayed on the board til 3:30 reading up on things. :naughty: I know I said I was going to bed, but I ended up balancing my checkbook (ugh). I hadn't done it since Feb., so it was kinda pressing :dude: .

Got some work to do this afternoon - moving furniture and stuff. I'll try to make it to the trivia chat, but I don't know if I can. If we go tonight, I'll let y'all know how the movie was.

I've still got RC's sunny vibes going here :huh: . Hope y'all are having a great afternoon.

Just got back from my friend's confirmation a bit ago. I'm a Baptist, so I've only been to a Catholic church a few times. It was nice, but we kind of felt out of place when everyone else started reciting all those things they have memorized <_< . I just stood there and smiled since I had no clue what to say or when.

Went to The Day After Tomorrow last night. I wont type it all up again, so here's what I said in another topic:

I saw it last night and I'm pretty neutral about it. The effects were great, but I didn't get interested in the storyline til the second half. The acting wasn't always great, and like QSMB said, the entire plot and developments were so freakishly implausible. Plus, it was a little propaganda-like. It pretty much beat you over the head with the 'stop-polluting' argument. I don't think the writers knew much about subtlety  .

It was decent, and I'm glad I saw it. I just wont be buying or renting it when it comes out.

It was 5 of us and pretty fun,,, but I wish I'd had peanuts to throw! There was this group of younger teens sitting in front of us who wouldn't stop talking, laughing, getting up, hitting each other, or getting calls on their cell phones!!!!!! What the heck?!?

Where's RC's thwacking stick... I'll go commando on 'em next time. <_<

Just had some lunch and I'm relaxin'. Gonna listen to my radio and skim the boards for a bit; might even turn on my AIM... if we don't need to keep the phone line clear, that is.

The sun is shinin' but there's thunder in the distance.

Me? I just want to take it easy for a while. :hug:

I spoke too soon about the sunny weather.

Central Kentucky - over 30 tornado warnings in the past 4 hours with several possible touchdowns. It's just now starting to clear around my home.

And you're mood is calm? :blink: I'd be freaking. *is so greatful that she lives in the southwest* Be careful ACE, that's scary stuff.

I spoke too soon about the sunny weather.

Central Kentucky - over 30 tornado warnings in the past 4 hours with several possible touchdowns. It's just now starting to clear around my home.

Anything broken?

Thanks alot RC; I will. We're expecting more tonight. As for this afternoon, it was nothing short of divine protection - two storms cells went through the county to the north and the county to the south, but all I got was rain and thunder :bow: . The nearest possible tornado was about an hour away but it was fine here, so I didn't really have to stop being calm :) .

SM: Nothing got damaged in my county as far as I know, but it was the same system that killed three in Missouri. It also destroyed some homes and buildings in Indiana and here in KY. I think Louisville got it pretty good this afternoon, but Fen said he's fine. Probably the main prob in the state is flash-flooding. :blink:

Oh, and RC,,,

I'm watching the news and they said that there were around 100 tornados throughout the midwest today. :blink:

You know what's strange? I've lived in Oklahoma, Colorado, Texas...all over and I've seen a lot of funnel clouds but the only state I've ever seen a tornado touch down in is Arizona. :blink: It was up north a little bit outside holbrook, two of them side by side. I had my camera sitting on my lap and I was so shocked to see tornados in Arizona I didn't even think to take a picture till they had gone back up.

Ya know what's also strange? I've lived here my entire life and I've never seen a funnel cloud myself. :blink:

...not that I'm complaining! :)

Darn, I bet that looked incredible. A pic would've been great, but I understand why that wasn't the first thing on your mind. lol

Keep thinkin' of all of us in the midwest, guys. The next front looks nearly as bad and it'll be here in 1-2 hours.

Last night/this morning wasn't bad; the storm went through in about an hour and it wasn't very strong here. I'll watch the noon news in an hour to see if it caused damage anywhere else.

Well, it's Memorial Day. We might have 2 or 3 people over for a little cookout (if it's not pouring rain :) ), but that's about it. Then I've gotta spend tonight working on a few days worth of calculus work - ugh.

Hope everyone enjoys the day/holiday. :laugh:

Memorial Day

Dang! :grin: Seems like everyone posted in their log today except me!

It's 1:30am and I've got an exam in the morning.

Must... get... sleep...

I know this is early for alot of you, but I'm weird for some reason - if I don't get at least a solid 6-8 hours of sleep, I'm drowsy for days (ugh). I envy you night owls.

Finished mowing this afternoon. Started yesterday, but it got dark on me. When you have 2.5 acres, mowing and sweeping (mechanical raking machine pulled behind mower, just so ya know) takes a while. Gotta pushmow, weedeat, pull weeds, etc, this wkend. Fun Times!!! :grin:

Hang, you should feel privaleged; my 2000th post went into your log. :grin:

Well, I'm telling myself to go to bed now; night all. :laugh:

Thanks, guys. :eek: It was just one test; no big deal. Hope I did well, though.

Gotta do more yardwork in a few minutes. I'll probably start it off with tilling the old garden. At least I don't have to worry 'bout it this time. Last time I tilled it (this spring) I accidentally hit a rabbit's nest. 1 wasn't so lucky, and I tried my very best to nurse another one back to health; it didn't make it. <_< Luckily the other 4 are healthy and grown; I think I've seen 'em around the yard lately.

IF I can find the time, I might be on AIM later tonight. I haven't had a chance to look through s/n's, so if you want me to have yours, post it here or PM me. :theking:

Last time I tilled it (this spring) I accidentally hit a rabbit's nest. 1 wasn't so lucky, and I tried my very best to nurse another one back to health; it didn't make it.

That's sad! <_< I'm kinda used to it though cause my cat, unfortuetly, is a very good hunter. He even will sit on top of my neighbor's birdhouse and try and get the birds inside. :eek:

Last time I tilled it (this spring) I accidentally hit a rabbit's nest. 1 wasn't so lucky, and I tried my very best to nurse another one back to health; it didn't make it.

That's sad! :tear: I'm kinda used to it though cause my cat, unfortuetly, is a very good hunter. He even will sit on top of my neighbor's birdhouse and try and get the birds inside. :lol:

I feel sorry for the birds, but that sounds like a smart cat :( . Before we installed an invisible fence, one of my (no longer with us) dogs was great at catching young rabbits, but she would never actually kill them. She'd bring them to me in her mouth, and being the little kid that I was, the first words out of my mouth were, "Mommy, can we keep him?" :( I'd nurse them back to health and release them. I don't think that short time with humans would've harmed them much.

Sorry I haven't updated my log for a few days; I've been busy with a bunch of things and even went to a 'Texas-style barbecue' at a friend's house last night. ::licks lips::

For anyone who was expecting me on AIM that other night, sorry; I got stuck on the board dealing with a few issues.

Today, I'm just takin' it easy. :lol:

Must... get.... sleep.... :dude:

Met a friend for lunch today, err... yesterday. Nothing else interesting to tell.

I actually got about 8 hrs of sleep last night! w00t! :hug:

Anyway, just woke up a few hours ago; sittin' here watching DS9 on Spike.

The big 1-9 is tomorrow, so I'm probably going out to dinner at Cracker Barrel with my family tonight. B-days aren't a big deal to me, so a good meal out is all I care about :blink: . Plus it's fish night :laugh: .

Enjoy your Friday everyone :hug: .

HEHE party time tomorrow then or not Ace??..enjoy your meal tonight dude and have a good one tomorrow :laugh: :blink: