Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ace

Ace's Log

WOW cool pics Ace  B) ..that must have been one h.ell of a fire work show :D glad to hear that you had a good time...take it easy buddie :D

Thanks Tokar, Odie, and Hang!

That one was small compared to the one I was at tonight (It didn't rain :D !) We got there a little late, but I still loved it. We try to go to both every year, but this one is my favorite (read my post in the "What are you doing for the 4th"(?) topic to know what I'm talking 'bout.

Same to you, bud. B)

Here are some of tonight's pics. Enjoy. :bow:

fwern1.jpg

SUCKY DAY! :clap:

Got a haircut, had a switch repaired on my car, and cashed a check this afternoon, then put some primer on the back doors to the house. No big deal.

Got the lawnmower out to do the back acre. Went around it once when the engine started smoking and died.

Strike 1.

We messed around with the oil, battery, etc. Switched its battery with the one on the tiller, but it still was dead. Decided to charge it, but I wasn't paying attention and switched my positive and negative cables - nearly blew-out the charger.

Strike 2.

We had to run the cord from inside, so the door wouldn't completely shut. After spending about an hour taking my frustration out on some weeds/vines in the strawberry patch (I can be ticked and productive at the same time :wow: ), I came back to find the door open and one indoor cat missing. Think me weird, but this particular cat is my kid (though I love all 6 of my dogs/cats).

Strike 3.

I was gonna go loco, but luckily Mom found the cat after we searched half the neighborhood (in our own yard, no less :picard-sith: ). It's all good now; I just need some sleep.

The mower, however, is still dead. :wow:

Well I hope your day starts improving soon Ace.

We understand about your cat. We have an outdoor cat but you could set your watch to his appearing at the door at specific times of the day, when he's late it freaks us out with worry.

This might cheer you up about your mower: since Tuesday we've plopped down $1,463 for car repairs. That added to the purchase price, registration and insurance = $2,325 we've spent on a car which Blue Books (in BETTER condition) for only $1,500! I screwed up so royally. :picard-sith:

Thanks alot, AE. :rofl:

4 of our pets are strays, one came from the pound, and one would've gone to the pound if we hadn't taken her. I found this cat and his brother on the road in front of our house one night a few years ago. We don't know if they were "drops" or not, but they've been here ever since.

Wow :bow: . That's some costly upkeep. I'm guessing you'd be getting another vehicle if they weren't so darned expensive. If you don't mind me asking, what kind is it?

Mower repairman is coming in the morning. We're thinking the starter is blown; hopefully it wont be all that expensive. Word of advice, people: avoid the less-expensive Craftsman riding mowers unless it's as old as you are (the new ones are crap). Cheap is cheap, whether you're talking price or quality. :rofl:

Spent the whole afternoon painting the outsides of the back doors. (Ugh!)

G'night, all. :bow:

Thanks alot, AE. :rofl:

Wow :bow: . That's some costly upkeep. I'm guessing you'd be getting another vehicle if they weren't so darned expensive. If you don't mind me asking, what kind is it?

1989 Honda Civic LX Sedan 4D

Heck the car was only $500, it was all the unexpected repairs it ended up needing that killed us. We're stuck with it now, we went broke making it road worthy so all we gotta do is get it on the road and make it pay us back a miles. Lots of em. :rofl:

This is it below. Guess that blob in the pic turned out to be the ghost of costly vehicle repairs. :bow:

Click for Spoiler:

post-12-1087938706.jpg

Good luck on your mower repairs.

Yep, that "ghost of costly repairs" gets all of us every now and then. (Though, I've never captured him on film :rofl: .)

It's not nearly as big a problem as you've been having, but it's nearly the same situation with our mower. We've spent around $300 on it this yr alone, but it was only $1200 when we bought it new 6 yrs ago :rofl: .

The repairman couldn't even fix it this morning. They're going to sent out a more experienced guy next week, but until then, I've gotta keep the yard from looking like the Amazon. I guess I'll hafta hire one of my neighborhood friends to do it. There goes another 30 or so bucks.

If it'll cost too much to repair, we'll just get a new one. That probably means our plans of getting new carpet for the living room are shot; oh well.

Not much happened today. One of Mom's friends had us over to eat in exchange for helping her operate a computer program. We were there for over 6 hours because the darned program wouldn't behave. :P I looked everywhere, but I don't think the CD had all the necessary stuff on it.

Repairman is coming early in the morning (ugh). Guess I wont get to sleep in.

Night all. B)

Ok. I'm on a laptop, which Mom took to work yesterday morning. She left the power cord, so I only got an hour out of it before it died yesterday. She was supposed to bring the cord home from work today, but forgot. I had to hop in my car and make a half-hour trip to get it and come back home. :o

Got the mower fixed yesterday morning. I wrote a check for 170 bucks, but at least we don't have to get a new one yet.

Last night was incredible as far as weather was concerned. A front moved through the whole state and knocked out power for thousands of people (ya got power, Fen?).

We didn't get the brunt of it at the house, but it knocked down a barn near town. Around 3 am, there were lightning strikes everywhere!; it looked like daylight outside. The thunder shook the whole house it was so loud. I didn't get any pics to show of our storm like RC did, though.

Hopefully that's the worst we'll have it for a little while.

Going out to mow what I couldn't get to yesterday. Might be back on tonight. :dude:

Decided to change my sig. It's too late for the contest, but I still wanted to do it.

Meeting friends for lunch tomorrow. Other than that, not much is going on.

See y'all tomorrow. :dude:

:huh: :picard-sith::laugh:

I was gonna make a log entry tonight, but my computer froze and lost the whole post.

I'll do it later. :laugh:

I'll try to make an entry tonight, but I had to post this:

ti-spork.jpg

SPORK!!! :laugh: (sorry; maybe it's a local thing :laugh: .)

But it's titanium, RC! A titanium spork! :blink: That's just plain unnecessary and cool. :blink:

I swear I haven't gone off the deep end; I'm just sleep-deprived. :laugh:

Well, I haven't had time to post an entry for a while, so I have alot to catch up on.

...but I'd rather not bore y'all to tears.

Here's the short of it: We've spent the past few weeks getting ready for our first yard sale in years. Been cleaning 30 some-odd years' worth of junk out of the attic and garage. You couldn't even walk in the attic before, but it's alot better now. We'll probably have the sale in a few weeks. I wouldn't buy half the stuff we're selling, but hopefully someone else will :P .

Spent Sunday afternoon working at the county fair checking-in entries and exhibits. It was hot as heck the last 2 years I did it, but it wasn't awful this time. Gotta work the fair tomorrow night keeping an eye on the hall.

This is the first time in 4 yrs I haven't gotten to compete with my photography at local and state :laugh: . College-life swallowed a bunch of time, and my best digital camera broke this year. I guess I'll have to wait til I get a new camera to get back to it.

I'm going to sleep early tonight; later, all. :P

Church this morning, and now it's a lazy, relaxing Sunday afternoon. :laugh:

I've been on the board for 3 hours; I need a quick break... and food. :)

Picked a gallon of blackberries from our (thornless :bow: ) patch today.

For you, AE and RC:

bb3.jpg

Well I liked the blackberry wine so I'd probably like blackberries. I'll have to try them sometime.

Yep. :clap: They're best when fresh off the plant, though.

Caught SG Atlantis tonight; it was pretty good and I wouldn't mind getting into it.

My Governor is going to be on Leno tonight; hope he makes Kentuckians look good. :clap: Even if not, Ashley Judd will also be on tonight, and she definitely makes us look good. :clap:

Thurs:

Ate at our town's brand new Captain D's. Great food, but we had to stand in line for 15 or so minutes :blink: (it's only been open since Monday).

Fri:

I wanted to sleep in til noon this morning, but a friend called and woke me up at 10. His girlfriend and her mom were going to be at his house by noon, and since his lawnmower is broken, his yard didn't look great. He begged, I got up, took my mower, and mowed his yard (he's not used to my riding mower). If that doesn't make me a nice guy, I don't know what does. lol :blink: .

Came home; got online for a little while. Then I went out to paint the new room we're having built into the back of the garage. The linoleum is already down, and the new walls will be put up on Monday. It looks good.

Random note: Mosquitos suck - both literally and figuratively. :blink:

It's after midnight and I'm catching SG:Atlantis on sci-fi. I forgot it was on tonight; good thing they re-air it.

Might mow my own yard tomorrow. :hug:

<_<

The perils of Ebay:

Mom's never done Ebay before, but she's really been wanting a mannequin to display some clothes on. She got caught up in the heat of the auction in the last few minutes, and accidentally typed her maximum as $9,000 instead of $90 :bow: . It was too late to fix it, so, needless to say, she won the auction (went for about $170 - much higher than she wanted to go). She was near tears because of how nervous it made her, so I consled her for a bit; I'm sure she's not the first person to have done that. I know we'll both be laughing about this by the end of the week. :look:

I had a bad experience with ebay a while ago. It's a little private so I won't mention it.

Yeh, I'm not sure if I'll buy anything on Ebay myself or not. The only thing I'd be really interested in is one of the ST micromachine sets that I don't have, but due to its rarity, it's expensive as heck. :blink:

I just joined a HUGE board for reality tv fans :laugh: . Now before you all beat me senseless, I only joined for one reason - Last Comic Standing. It's my current fav tv show, and I can't find any other Trek fans who like it. :(

I swear, I'm not turning into a big reality tv fan. :assimilated:

Last comic standing is on the channel which has the worst reception in Houston. NBC. The local station has the oldest news casting equipment, worst weather predictions because of the equipment, and the worst signal. :assimilated:

I don't know if you have satellite or not, but if you do, I think every episode replays on Comedy Central on Saturdays. :blink:

The competition is already in the Finals, though, so there are only 2 or 3 episodes left (Thurs, next Tues, and maybe next Thurs).

My rankings for last night's performances:

1- Tammy Pescatelli

2- Alonzo Boden

3- Jay London

4- Kathleen Madigan

5- Gary Gulman

6- John Heffron (he's usually great, but I didn't like his set last night).

I just got home from helping one of Mom's friends move a new hot tub from the driveway where the delivery guys left it to the back porch. There were 5 other guys, but it still wasn't easy (and way too hot! :assimilated: ).

Alonzo, John, and Gary( :tribble: ) made it to Tuesday's final. I'm rooting for Alonzo.

Well, yesterday was yardsale day. We got up around 7am ( :look: ) to finish getting things ready after staying up til 2 the last night doing the same thing. It wasn't supposed to start til 9, but some people showed up an hour early. We've got about 8 tables of junk set up outside right now. We only made 30 something dollars yesterday, but I'll set the sign up a few days this week to see if we can get rid of more (not doing the sale today; it's covered in plastic for now).

If y'all could get down here, I'd give you a discount :P .

The weather's been perfect here lately. We've been hitting record lows for this time of the year. Yesterday it didn't get much over 70, and I loved it :laugh: . It would suck to be sitting out in the yard with the sun shining bright and 80 degree temps.

Only 2 more weeks til classes... :tear:

The weather's been perfect here lately. We've been hitting record lows for this time of the year. Yesterday it didn't get much over 70, and I loved it :tribble: . It would suck to be sitting out in the yard with the sun shining bright and 80 degree temps.

247337[/snapback]

It's 111 here right now. cheeky-smiley-012.gif But hey, on the bright side the heat index is only 109. :look::laugh:

The weather's been perfect here lately. We've been hitting record lows for this time of the year. Yesterday it didn't get much over 70, and I loved it :biggrin: . It would suck to be sitting out in the yard with the sun shining bright and 80 degree temps.

247337[/snapback]

It's 111 here right now. cheeky-smiley-012.gif But hey, on the bright side the heat index is only 109. :blink: :laugh:

247341[/snapback]

:eek::eek::eek:

Where's that passing-out smiley I've seen before!

70???

Its over 90 in the UK, can I move to where you are?

70???

Its over 90 in the UK, can I move to where you are?

247344[/snapback]

Sure, just don't bring those 90's with you :laugh: .

(This is an unusually cool summer for here; it should be 90 :biggrin: .)