Sign in to follow this  

"I'm Here, Grasshopper" she said quietly. " In the shadows" she added.

" Remember your lessons, this may be real, or it may be another. No harm will come to you, I'm forever at your side, whether you know it or not." :naughty:

Edited by SolarWind

Focusing on escaping, WEAREBORG illuminates the room with his powers....

All he sees are walls and a floor....

With all his might he breaks down the wall.....

the wall of a sudden was replaced by an adimantium barrier...

With his strongest magic he tried to destroy the adimantine armor...

Powers bounced back and forth in the room diffused by the wall...

The adamantium was mgic proof.

With all of his faith, WEAREBORG transported himself back to the island

Jeanway stands at the rail, eyes fixed on the Enterpize. The pigeon had landed on a forward bulkhead and remained there unnoticed. She waits. After a few moments, she noticed a faint, unfamiliar sound. As it grew louder, off in the distance she began to notice a small object, also unfamiliar to her approaching her ship, from the air. Puzzeled by this she walked to the stern and kept her eyes fixed on the object. As it grew closer to her the details of it became clearer. Something she had never seen or heard of before flew directly over her and continued on over the Ocean. A tremendous roar and buzzing sound shook her as it passed directly over her head. She watched, hypnotized the entire time as she watched it approach then continue on past her finally disappearing into the clouds. " What tha" she said to herself, as she scratched her head in total bewilderment. " I think I need more sleep" she said out loud to herself. " I'm seeing and hearing things that aren't there" She went below and stretched out in her sling in her cabin and fell asleep.

After a few hours of needed sleep she was woken up by a tap on her cabin door. It was Fenriz. She said "Enter" and he opened the door and came in. " Here is the Ambassador's return post" He said, as he handed a rolled up piece of parchment to her. She took it, unrolled it and read outloud to Fenriz " Yes, I am in waiting for a meeting with you concerning the map, will prepare to board immediatley. The Enterprize manuvered up along side the Elusive. Deck hands threw lines across to secured the two ships together. Ambassodor Tinadoll climbed up on the rail and stepped across to the Elusive. Jeanway took her hand and helped her down onto the deck. Smiling and chattering with each other they went below to Jeanway's quarters.

Once there, Jeanway began to pull out all her maps from her trunk. She layed them out on the large table and the two Captains began to examine the two pieces of their own map, comparing the size and shape of the island to the stack she had layed out. One by one they discarded the maps onto the floor. " Here, look at this" the Ambassador said to Jeanway. " It appeares there is a another larger island to the West" Even though they weren't certain if it was another island or perhaps a small section of a continent. " A very distintive shape, this island has." Said Jeanway. " According to the rose, it was at least 500 miles from it." The map had a small star etched in gold at it's Southern most tip. " The Ambassador put her finger on it and said " There it is, right there, that's our treasure" Jeanway looked and said " Yes, I do believe you are correct ." The two women continued to search the seemily neverending stack of maps. Now that they had a clear outline of the island it was just a simple matter of finding it. " EUREKA!!" Jeanway shouted as she danced around the cabin with the larger map clutched close to her body. " Let me see" The Ambassador ordered. Jeanway quickly put the map down on the table again and they both examined it again. " Yes, that's it alright" They high-fived each other and began swinging each other around in a sort of Celebration dance. " It's C Saint Marie, on the Southern most tip of the Island of Madagascar.

Jeanway pointed out to the Ambassador their prospective route. " Around the Cape, North to the Mozambique Channel and we are there. A two day sail and we will be there." In unison they said " We must tell Captain nik!!"

Back up on deck, to the pigeons, off went another message to the Captain of the Pax.

Edited by Jeanway

Standing at the stern of the Pax, his crimson cape blowing in the stiff breeze near the Cape, Nik watches with interest the activity of the Enterprize and the the Elusive and deck hands secure the vessels together. He spots a pigeon released from the Elusive. In minutes, the bird crosses the two furlongs separating the two vessels. As the pigeon lands on Nik's outstretched arm, a young boy brings a gold platter of fruit and nuts to the deck, and sets it down near the tiller. The pigeon jumps to the platter and begins eating while Nik reads the message.

Beckoning to the centurion, a brush and parchment is brought to Nik. While he writes, the pigeon alights, and begins flying back to the Elusive. Nik hands the brush back to the centurion, and an archer joins him at his side. He hands Nik a gold-shafted arrow, and Nik wraps the small parchment about its shaft near the point, tying it with a thin gold strand. The archer leaps to the railing on th stern, takes aim and fires. The arrow whistles through the air, passing underneath the pigeon, and sticks into the Elusive between the feet of the watching Admiral.

The parchment, written in Aramaic, says, "The crew of the Pax humbly thank you for your cooperation. We stand ready to make speed at your convenience. " Aboard the Pax, Nik, Hannibal, and the Centurion all bow to the Admiral and the Ambassador.

Hannibal talks to Nik as they watch the Elusive. "Our freedom is within the week, m'lord!"

The Ambassador and the Abmiral are ready tto set sail.They shake hands and Tina steps back onto the Enterprize. She summons her cheif officers into her quaters..First officer Drago Lemoon makes way for Second officer and James Phaserman. head of the Marine officers is Ed Mcgon a Irishman with a feiry temper. They all decide that Entreprize should take the lead of the convoy because Elusive has a weaker stern and Enterrpize is fast. She grabs and sends a messege to Jeanway

"Trip to Canaries will take us through Pirate water..Alow us to lead"

She waits for an answer

in vain, Headborg and hunting party stumbled thru the nite-searching for the stranger named "simrod" who by the amount of blood, and length of trail...must have "bleed out" and could not possibly be among the living as dawn aproached.

As the party neared the ridge of the western slope, the sun rose over it and the blood trail ended. Knowing the catography of this island well, I deside to continue to the top and servey the scene, to the west more jungle, southwest aprox 3 miles down the slope of the cresent mountain ridge lay the cove, lagoon where the Bonaventure, and her 2 merchantman she excorted were peacefully anchored, and the little village. As I reach the ridge I look to the north East..for the sun's morning rays blind my tired eyes.....I drop to the ground suddenly to keep from being spotted....there....3 miles down along the Eastern coast...not 1 but 2 French ships...landing troops! The French will surely come this way, the Bonaventure is not ready to sail...oh where is Janeway when I need her guns! I hope that strange young lad..WEAREBORG...can fight...seems we are going to have to stand and fight until (1) the Bonaventure is repaired or hold out til Janeway arrives...I gather the party and we make haste back down the mountain toward the village.

MESSAGE READS: " In Your Dreams, your ship will lead! My Five masted squared rigged Barquentine will swamp you straight to the bottom! I'm taking the second position, The PAX will lead as she has done so far!" Sent straight off with the pigeon.

" GET THOSE DAMNED MAINSAILS UP, NOW!! " Jeanway barked as she stormed up and down the deck boots a clomping. " Who does SHE think She is anyway? After all this time waiting for her SHE decides arbitrarily that SHE'S taking the lead, I DON'T THINK SO!!" The crew scattered as she made her way around the deck hollering and kicking powder monkeys out of her way.

The Elusive caught the next great rush of wind, she steered the ship directly in front of the Enterprise, forcing The Ambassador to cut a hard turn to Port. " She'd better stay out of my way" Jeanway yelled as she shook her fist at Tina.

Edited by Jeanway

The Ambassador falls oh her butt asthe ship gets rammed on the side by the Eluisve.She can't figure out why beacuse the messge she sent was curtious and firendly and portective of her big sister.But if she wants to play that way

HARD TO STARBOARD

The Elusive gets jolted to the other side as she sees Jeanway fall on her face..NOW GO FOR IT >>SAILS OPEN LETS GIVE HER A RUN FOR HER MONEY

The Enteprize is a much faster Frigite than the Bulky old Elusive and they are easily out runned and out gunned..

Tina waves by by to her sis and makes her way to Cape Horn and to Matagasgar

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

Jeanway gets thrown to the deck. As she turns the wheel hard to Starboard to avert a collision. " YOU B*t*h!! " She yelled at the top of her voice. The Ambassador stands with her hands on her hips looking over at Jeanway with a puzzeled look on her face :(

{ Oh Tina, and just SO YOU KNOW, this is a BRAND NEW SHIP, just built, and I can outrun YOUR little Pisser, anyday! Frigit, MY A**!!!} :tear:

Edited by Jeanway

Now barreling through the chop at the Cape, Captain nik, leading, trying to stay out of this little fruckus these two women are embroiled in, he man's the wheel of The Pax, gripping it and frequently turning around to make sure those two aren't killing each other. Once or twice they gained on him and nearly rammed him astern with their antics of Seamanship. And he could see from his deck Jeanway and The Ambassador hurling obscenities towards each other across their respective bows. Again he is seen wincing along with Hannibal, the Centurian, Fenriz, Worf, Riker and Dragon

~ SIRENS ~

Sea-Nymphs who by their beautiful singing, lured sailors to their deaths. In origin they were young maids, companions of Persephone, posessed with lovely voices. Upon the abduction of Persephone by Hades, the Sirens prayed that they be given wings to aid in the search; thus they became half- birds and half-women. Homer mentioned two sirens; three were often imagined; usually, however, they are thought of as a large group. Two voyagers who managed to sail past the Sirens were Odysseus and Jason.

Having sailed this region before and having read the exploits of the heroes of old, Nik can be seen doing something rather strange aboard the Pax. The centurion and Hannibal are passing out small items to the crewmembers who place them in their ears. Hannibal and the centurion then tie Nik securely to the central mast, blindfolding him in the process. In this way, Nik cannot communicate with his crew as they navigate the choppy waters off the cape, but he can hear.

Two archers rush to her deck and each fires a gold-shafted arrow into the air. The arrows fly straight and true in the hard winds, and stick firmly into the main masts of the sister ships. Attached to each arrow is a message:

"These are dangerous waters, and the rocks sharp. You must cover your ears! Trust me!"

The Pax leans heavily in the wind blowing off the cape. Water foams about her hull, as she slices forward, the spray soaking the hair of her crew. Hannibal, at the tiller, pushes hard as the Pax tacks against the wind. Her oars are drawn in as she plows heavily forward.

For those who can hear, faint voices can be heard carrying across the wind.

Edited by nik

SolarWind surveys the situation and blesses this wretched fleet of travellers.

All will be blessed and a safe voyage across these waters will be achieved. She

calms the angry spirits in Jeanway and the Ambassador and they shall work

together, no more fighting. We are all in this together. :eekout:

As the Pax plows hard through the choppy waters, the spray soaks her crew and large waves break over her side. Hannibal leans hard against the tiller, glancing occasionally at the Enterprize and the Elusive as they crest wave after wave. The centurion, a rope tied securely about his waist, stands on the Pax’s starboard side, joined by ten large men leaning outward against their lifelines to keep the Pax aright.

Nik stands calmly tied to the mast, listening to the beautiful voices carrying over the choppy seas. Save for the deafness of his crew and the sounds of the rushing waters, the voices can be heard clearly. A calm smile decorates his face as he tilts his head to better listen to the hypnotic singing coming from shore.

As the Pax makes her way about the cape, the wreckages of less fortunate vessels can be seen littering the harsh rocks near the shore. Hannibal bares his teeth against the waves washing over the Pax as he smiles brazenly into the heart of Neptune’s fury. With his right hand, he signs an order to the crew, who pull themselves up slightly on their lifelines. The centurion looks back at the Enterprize and the Elusive and nods his head approvingly.

After a day and a night in the fierce seas, the Pax arights herself as the waters now grow mysteriously calm, and her sails go limp temporarily. All is quiet. Her men stand on deck, hair clinging to their faces and clothes soaked with brine. Hannibal and the centurion cut Nik loose and remove his blindfold. For only the third time in 800 years, the captain of the Pax sleeps - a serene smile on his face. Hannibal and the centurion lie Nik down on the deck and continue their work.

As the sister ships approach the Pax, Hannibal steps astern and removes his earplugs, signaling the rest of the crew to do so as well. Floating still in the level sea, Hannibal shouts to the vessels.

“Brave sisters! The Cape is behind us! The treasure lies ahead! After you have found your rest, let us move forward and claim the reward for your labors!”

The Pax lies still in the water as the centurion and Hannibal watch the two vessels off the Pax’s stern.

Edited by nik

Noone notices the cook Johnny Nemesis n the corner grinning like an idiot.He was the one who switched up the notes unnoticed to the captains

JEANWAY YOU PRISSY LITTLE (cannot say here)

THATS NOT THE NOTE I SENT.

The Enterprize rams the Elusive again.

GET OUT OF MY WAY! YOU KNOW THAT MY SHIP IS THE BEST THAT THE BRITISH NAVY HAS TO OFFER!!!!!!

( Ahem My ship is newer! So stand back and watch me out run and out gun you. Garbage hauler!)

Just then the weather started to change.,It was darker windier and more wet..

WE ARE APPROUCHING THE HORN!!! BRACE YOURSELVES (she ordered the crew)

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES...There were Sirens around the horn so everyone put earplug on just to not turn deaf. It was windy and nasty.but The Enterprize was a hearty ship and bested the storm.

Just then Captain Niks ship The pax moves to the side

Everyone on the Enterprize removes thier earplugs as the Pax comes along side

Greetings Captain Nik! What a wonderful time the Cape was ::her crew groans at that ::

You lead ::as she grits her teeth: and we will follow

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

All of a sudden headborg called to WAREBORG...

"They're out to get us!!!"

"Who??" responds.

"The French fleet has landed!!!"

"I will help you!" replies WEAREBORG as foreign soldiers come over the hill.

WEAREBORG summons 2 muskets, one for him one, for Headborg. He summons a barrier of ligthing between the soldiers and themselves...

Stalling for time, WEABORG and HEADBORG go to the Bonadventure. Slowly but surely, WEAREBORG uses his powers to assist in the repairs. They are half done when shots ring out.

All is calm now. The ocean, her crew, exhausted from the past two days of battle with the currents and the enormous waves, they all lie strewn about the deck. Even Worf was relieved this leg of the journey has passed us, and he's a Klingon. The sun shone brightly above. Jeanway turned her face to the sun and unbuttoned the top two buttons of her shirt and lifts them to each side. "AAHHH" she says soflty. Fenriz sits beside her on a bulkhead. All three ships now sit quietly side by side. A much needed rest for all.

Edited by Jeanway

Its Calm now too calm... The crew on Enterprize is restless and hot..The wind has died down. In an effort to preserve rations some of the crew has took to fishing with much luck..Unfortunatly the cook Johnny Nemesis hates gutting things. On the other hand Second Leftenant James Phaserman and Marine captain Ed Mcgon are having a arm wrestling contest to the delight of the crew. The Ambassador thinks this ais a boring feet and is reading the the printed adventures of Jack Aubry much to her delight...Of course First officer Drago le moon is fast asleep at the wheel again.

The Elusive sat quietly in the water, little activity. Fenriz and Jeanway hold hands at the rail, talking quietly. "Look at them" she says , pointing to the Enterprize. " We'd best get going before they hurt each other" They both chuckled. Meeting with Riker and confirming the Nor,Nor East course. They lifted sails and proceded in that direction. The Pax, already underway, The Ambassador woke up from her drunken stupor and decided she'd better shape up and quick or we'd leave her behind. The Trades winds at their backs, the warm salt spray in their faces the Three Captains went boldly where they had never gone before. to a place they had never heard of. C. Saint Marie, Madagascar. The Southern most tip of the island.

Sails billowing, sun bright, sky clear, winds warm, keels slicing through the water. It took a few days for the ships to finally reach the island. According to the map, they were about a half mile from their destination. Jeanway held up the telescope to her eye, as did The Ambassador. Along side each other now they talked over the rails. " What's Captain nik doing?" Jeanway asked the Ambassador. " How should I know? Aren't I standing right here with you? How should I know?" Jeanway looked at her and said " Look, I don't know WHAT your problem is but I don't appreciate your curtness with me. You can talk to your crew that way, but NOT me, now STOP IT!" The Ambassador looked at her as if in shock, and replied " No one has ever said that to me before, maybe your right. I'll try not to be so difficult in the future, especially with you, my new Sister" They both made a motion at the same time to hug but then pulled back. "AW, come 'ere" Jeanway said. They hugged and tried to make a NEW, new beginning as sisters.

Edited by Jeanway

~ WOODEN SHIPS ~ by Crosby , Stills and Nash

Wooden ships on the water, very free and easy

You know the way it's the way it's supposed to be

Silver people on the shoreline let us be

Horror grips us as we watch you die

All we can do is echo your anguished cries

Stare as all human feelings die

We are leaving, you don't need us.

Go take a sister then by the hand

Lead her away from this foreign land

Far away, where we might laugh again

We are leaving, you don't need us.

And it's a free wind blowin out of the South over my shoulder

Guess I'll set a course and go. :rolleyes:

With the Enterprize and the Elusive anchored in the shallows off the point, the Pax surges forward to the beach. As she approaches the sand, her oars are drawn in, and she runs her flat-bottomed bow onto the beach. Her sails immediately go slack as she comes to a stop. From the deck, Nik leaps onto the shore, followed by the centurion, Hannibal, and two archers in bronze breastplates. Six archers guard the Pax at her bow, and six stand unmoving at the stern. Hannibal's scimitar is drawn as he rapidly scans the brush. The centurion - his axe strapped to his back - begins cutting palm leaves with his broadsword for a makeshift shelter. Nik and the two archers stand at the water's edge and gaze at the two vessels off shore.

Several of the crew jump from the Pax and run into the jungle. As they enter the thick trees, one of the archers beside Nik spins and fires an arrow into the brush in a single motion. Minutes later, the Pax crew bring out wood, fruits, nuts, herbs, and a gazelle shot by the archer. The food is brought aboard the Pax and the wood is placed some distance from it. The centurion uses a flint and a dagger to ignite a fire, while a small shelter is set up. Within a half-hour, the aroma of freshly cooked food floats from the Pax across the water to the sister ships.

The centurion and Hannibal stand otuside the shelter looking into the dark jungle, and chat casually. Nik and the archers stand motionless beside the water, stare at the vessels offshore, and wait. Two archers aboard the Pax each fire arrows into the air. Their gold shafts scream as they fly each towards a vessel. The arrows stick into the bows of the ships with a message tied to their shafts.

"The shore is safe. We humbly await your arrival. -nik" The messages say.

Edited by nik

Bullets buzz by their heads. Grabbing their muskets, HEADBORG and WEAREBORG start firing at the soldiers.

With his powers WEAREBORG transports them to another island just as a bullet zings past his hair....

Headborg, " We still have head hunters to worry about ahhhhhh..."

He collapses.

Edited by WEAREBORG4102

i swear to G-d Jeanway..STOP TAKING POETIC LICENSE WITH MY CHARACTER

Its starting to get irritataing

~ Back On the ELUSIVE ~

Jeanway retrieves the flaming arrow from the mast. It says: " The beach is safe, come now". She hurridly orders the crew to lower a boat. Seeing The Ambassador at the rail of her ship with a few of her crew, waiting. They all depart to the beach. The boat is met at the shore by the Centurian, Hannibal and nik. They all pull it up onto the sand as the crewmen begin to jump out. " Alright, what do we do now? Jeanway asks. Hannibal says to her and the Ambassador " The Map, we must know what it tells you" He replies. The Ambassador and Jeanway hold the two sides of the one map together and look up at the jungle, to a mountain off in the distance. Jeanway points her finger on the map then looks up," Yes, There" All heads turn and look. " The mountain, that's where the gold star is, on that mountain" Everyone begins to walk up the beach to the jungle. The crew, Worf, Fenriz, Dragon and a few of the crewmen, hack through the thick masses of tangled vines and greens to make a path for the others to follow. They make their way slowly towards the mountain. Fending off a few small animals and snakes as they go. A monkey drops onto The Ambassador's shoulder and she screams and does a kind of dance with it until it finally tires of the struggle and jumps off and scurries up a tree. All his monkey friends heard laughing and screaching the whole time. After many hours of this TREK, they finally reach what appears to be the base of the mountain. But, surprisingly, there is a path, that leads directly up one side. They all step onto it and start up the West side of the mountain. Exhausted from their journey, not used to all this walking, they all decide it's a good time to rest about half way up, they all have something to eat and drink and sit on large rocks and rest for a time. " Well, should we continue?" Fenriz suggested. " Yes, I think we'd better, it's getting dark" They lit the torches they had with them as the daylight as waning. And by the time they reached the summt, it was dark. " Hold the torch up, over here", Worf said, as he was the first to get there. " AHHHH," Jeanway said loudly. " Look at this" Worf held up one torch and Fenriz another. A huge stone statue, worn by the weather, features blurred. " Looks quite old " The Ambassador said. " Yes, it does" Jeanway replied. " Oh , look" The Ambassador said as she grabbed the torch from Fenriz's hand and ran behind him. In the moonlight she caught site of another huge stone monolith. " Who do you think they are? She asked. Jeanway answered " I have no idea"

Edited by Jeanway

As the torchlight comes near the monoliths, the stone suddenly appears to crumble away, revealing living creatures encased within. A third statue covered in moss is heard crumbling as well. Large stone pieces fall to the ground from the statues, and the archers step aside as pieces of rock roll by. Nik stands calmly with his hands clasped behind his back, watching the statues come to life. Hannibal and the centurion sheath their weapons as the ground quakes around them. For several minutes, the stone appears to crack and crumble in the dim light.

From within the crumbled stone spring three old women with hair of snakes and large bat-like wings. They wear black tattered robes, and their gnarled hands extend shaking at the members of the expedition. They stand stooped in their old age. Save for the enormous hideous wings and the coiling snakes for hair, they would be but pathetic old hags. Their eyes rest for a moment on each person, but seem confused when they behold the members of the Pax.

Seeing the companions of the Elusive and the Enterprize reach for their swords, Hannibal holds his hand out to them. In a deep, booming voice he says, “Leave your swords as they are! These women are here to punish the unjust! Sent by the gods of old to torment those of ill will. They are called the Erinyes! Do not test them! Those who would seek violence here will meet violence. Only the pure of heart may survive, and only truth is revealed here.”

Nik steps forward and looks into the eyes of the old women. They squint at him, revealing teeth long since rotted, and their hideous wings quiver slightly at his sight. The snakes in their hair seem to rear up in the dim light as they examine Nik. They speak in unison in a raspy, yet loud voice which grates upon the ears of the hearers.

“Who is this that dares take what is not his?” They ask – their heads coming inches away from Nik’s face as he stares forward stonelike. From behind Nik, Hannibal speaks.

“Magaera… Tishiphone…. Alecto…..” he begins, “You know why we are here.” Hannibal stares with intensity at the old women. They look past Nik to Hannibal, standing behind and to his side. A look of recognition crosses their pale faces as they turn back to Nik. As they huddle closer to Nik, their black wings gather him in a gruesome embrace.

“So…” They cackle in a bon-chilling voice. “The curse lives on." They coo tauntingly at Nik. "YOU have no power over the curse. Begone! You cannot enter.” The central one points a gnarled, long-nailed finger at Nik’s chest.

“And you have no power over us!” Hannibal shouts. “You were sent to the living, not to the dead.” The women recoil and shriek at Hannibal as he continues in a low voice. “You know this to be true. For millennia, you have tortured the lives of those who would do evil, and now you seek to avenge those driven by greed. You seek to protect that which cannot be stolen…. But what of those who have no life?”

“You have not the map!” the women shriek quickly. “I have no use for the dead, but among the living, only the bearers of the map may enter here!” The women hiss wildly at the crews of the Elusive and the Enterprize.

Hannibal steps forward and whispers to the women.

“We have found the map…. And the bearers!”

Edited by nik

Readying her sword Tina Jumps to the side of Captain Nik...Restless for battle but cautious..What magic is this that they posess?

Jeanway catches the Ambassador by the arm, takes the sword from her hand and says to her in a whisper " Stop, we know nothing of this. Let Captain nik handle them." The Ambassador relinquishes the sword without any resistance. The two women step back into the shadows and watch, silently. They watch as Captain nik continues with the three Sentrys. Fenriz, Worf and Dragon stand ready for the unexpected standing just behind Captain nik.

In awe of the spectacle in front of him Fenriz finds himself thinking back to the day's journey up the mountain. Hacking their way through the dense underbrush the party made it's way slowly up the slope of the mountain. Eager for their share of the treasure at the end of their trek several of the sailors were chattering noisily as they climbed but eventually silence overcame them as the day's heat and the jungle made itself felt. The Klingon kept a constant pace at the head of the column, chopping down a wide swathe through the jungle with each swing of his saber, Fenriz followed close behind him clearing away more off the dense underbrush as the Dragon, Jeanway, and Tina followed a few paces behind the two of them, the rest of the party trailing behind them. Above them lemurs jumped from tree to tree and howled their disapproval at the intruders occasionally hurling down whatever they could get their paws on. The sailors at the back of the party were soon cursing at the mischievous primates when fed up a scrawny sailor with greasy black hair pulled his pistol and fired it into the trees, scattering the lemurs in all directions who continue to howl. Rushing over to the sailor Jeanway grabs the pistol and tears it from the man's hand, clubbing him on the head she scowls at him "Do that again and I'll have Worf pull your arms out of their sockets." Casting her gaze on the small band of sailors who are all looking at the Klingon,no less frightening despite several twigs sticking out of his hair from the lemurs' bombardment. Tossing the pistol back at the sheepish looking sailor Jeanway turns and the party renews it's ascent of the slope. During the commotion Fenriz took the opportunity to gather a handful of small pebbles which he slipped into his pocket, overhead the lemurs returned and continued their racket while Worf hacked his way though the foliage. When Worf's back was to him Fenriz would hurl a stone at the Klingon, bouncing it off the back of his head. Stopping to scan the trees overhead he would scowl and then return to clearing the path ahead of him, his saber slashing at an increasing pace as his temper boiled with each thump to the back of his head. As night falls and torches are lit the party made it's way to the summit of the mountain.

At Hannibal’s words, the old hags’ eyes widen and they step back shrieking. Their wings fan the air as they howl. Watching the Ambassador step forward, they creep towards her and hiss loudly as she reaches for her sword. Their heads tilt slowly back and forth as they watch the interaction between the Admiral and the Ambassador. When the Ambassador sheaths her sword, they move slowly back to Nik and all three gather close to peer at his face, their crooked noses almost touching his young, smooth face. A large drop of drool seeps from the mouth of one as they examine him. The snakes in their hair intertwine themselves with Nik’s locks as they continue to examine him – mumbling to themselves and hissing slightly. Nik stares straight ahead, Hannibal squares his jaw as he watches, and the centurion occasionally glances at the other sailors in the party. The archers lean passively, but attentively on their bows. The Erinyes continue to examine Nik, and speak.

“So….” They hiss slowly and speak deliberately and quietly. “The ones who would destroy the curse have returned.” They breath heavily into Nik’s face as they continue to pour over him. “Where are the bearers of the map?”

Nik gestures slowly towards the Admiral and the Ambassador, and Hannibal speaks.

“The sisters of m’lord’s house have come to reclaim the treasure of Achates and undo the curse forever.” Hannibal takes half-a-step forward as he speaks.

The old hags draw back in astonishment, their eyes wide with wounded looks on their faces. They begin screetching in ear-splitting tones as they consider the sisters. Howling they surround the sisters and grow quiet.

“Indeed…. The family has come to redeem itself.” The old women sneer at the sisters through small black eyes, never touching them, but penetrating with their gaze. Hannibal watches the other sailors carefully as the hags continue their examination.

The old hags spin suddenly and approach Nik and Hannibal, now standing at his side.

“So be it!” They hiss. “We have nothing to do with you…. But remember this! Among the living, only the bearers of the map may enter. When Luna’s eye shines upon the door, you will know the way! We will be watching!”

The women throw back their heads and cackle loudly. Spreading their wings, they leap into the air. Their hideous laughing fades as they fly straight up and circle far overhead, watching the band as it stands near a cliff face at the sides of the mountain.

In the clear evening, the full moon rises above the waters. Nik and Hannibal watch the moon slowly break the tops of the trees. As the moon clears the trees, eerie shadows move aside, and the group of explorers is cast in a dim light. Nik slowly turns his head back to the cliff face. Emerald gems can be seen embedded in the face of the cliff, now glowing in the moonlight. Two very large gems begin glowing, casting a dim green light on the band of sailors. As the glow intensifies, the shapes of these gems become clear. They are formed as human hands.

Nik and Hannibal look at the gems for a moment, and Nik turns his head to the Ambassador and the Admiral. He nods quickly and tilts his head to the gems in the wall.

Hannibal speaks.

“The full moon shines brightly tonight. Luna’s gaze has been cast. Those gems are meant for only two people.”

Edited by nik