Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Logs

Too picky. I know pizza from our homestate is best. But what New Yorker doesn't want a slice or two.

Thats why When I really get a craving for Pizza and don't want either of those. I go up to Georgetown and get some Real N.Y. Pizza from this mom&pop place. Its a little hole in the wall, but its good. Which reminds me, theres a N.Y. style pizza place out there in the Gas Lamp District one block (South I think) of the mall downtown(ya know the big open air one) that was good and greasy :clap: and cheesy :hug: Yeah, wish I was already there :P :P

Thats why When I really get a craving for Pizza and don't want either of those. I go up to Georgetown and get some Real N.Y. Pizza from this mom&pop place. Its a little hole in the wall, but its good. Which reminds me, theres a N.Y. style pizza place out there in the Gas Lamp District one block (South I think) of the mall downtown(ya know the big open air one) that was good and greasy :clap: and cheesy :hug:  Yeah, wish I was already there :P  :P

Where and how do I get there from base?

you walk out the gate over to the trolley station. You take the trolley to down town heading towards the city. (that will be the set of tracks fartherest away from the street) get off at the mall

Head to mall, either go through mall or go around mall down to the first cross street( there will be a traffic light) turn left and cross street. turn right and cross the next street. turn left, at the net street you should turn right and go down that street. it should be four stores down on your right.

Remember this was 3 years ago.

Go with someone, the area right outside the gate is well less than desirable. Almost like NOB except no actual business there.

OR

You can take a cab to the downtown mall and get out and walk to it.

This was to be my first full day of leave that never happen. This is worst experience I have so far in the Navy. Well, other than the 5 year physical. :grin:

This was to be my first full day of leave that never happen.  This is worst experience I have so far in the Navy.  Well, other than the 5 year physical.  :grin:

Aww i am so sorry its gone like this for you odie i know you was looking forward to being on leave :grin::laugh::grin:

Can I borrow that image?

I have no problem as long you acknowledge the ship.

Can I borrow that image?

I have no problem as long you acknowledge the ship.

As in saying it's great?

I think she means as in the name of the ship.

Just say is USS Harry S. Truman's battle flag. Anything after that is up to you.

Ah well, looks like we'll be eating ramon again for dinner again, arrrghhhhhhh!!

Wish I got approved for Sub Duty.......

I hated sub duty.

exactly what it sounds like. serving aboard a submarine. sure, it's cool if you like being 400 feet underwater for 3 months at a time..

What's sub duty?

It is when you are station on a submarine. I can't be station on one because I am a female. Trust me I am not complaining about it.

Yes, we are in the Navy. The BIG difference is that LTJG Jim Phaserman is an officer and I am enlisted.

Yes, I are a Lieutenant JG. Odie is, if I recall, a Petty Officer Second Class. Contrary to Star Trek, there are more Petty Officer 2nd Classes on your average ship than Lieutenant JGs.

Yes and he just got promoted. My rank is Quartermaster Petty Officer Second Class (Surface Warfare). On the job they just call me QM2.

It is Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

She still has to go through

Petty Officer 1st Class

Chief Petty Officer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

and finally, she's at Master Cheif Petty Officer. most ships have only one or maybe 3 MCPOs

By the way, the term "Enlisted Officer" isn't an actual military term. One cannot, actually, be enlisted AND an Officer. Enlisted persons can become NON COMMISSIONED OFFICERS, but they are not afforded the same status as a Commissioned Officer (Like Myself) or even a Warrant Officer.

The Navy calls Non Commissioned Officers Petty Officers.