Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Logs

Astro is much better than yesturday. Last night he woke me up three times to play with him. One of those times he licked my face for a couple of minutes. :laugh:

Awww, Okay ick to the dog slobber, but aww, he missed his misstress, aww.

Okay I will wipe the puddle that I am up now!

Odie,

HI, you. I'm glad to hear that you got astro back. Sorry to hear that he's not been taken care of as well as he should've been :nono: . I can understand how you are feeling dogs are the greatest pets :bow: :blink:.

Hope that work hasn't been giving you a hard time about being away.

Hey hope the humidity drops where you are are. :bow::bag:

TTFN my friend

Today weather in Japan was unbearable. The temp. went into the 90's with humidity around 100%. The heat index was about 122 degrees. Here is a link for anyone who want to now more about the heat index and how the miltary reacts to it. It is Heat Index.

WOW thats d.amn hot Odie :blink: i dont think i would last long in weather like that i am sweating to death here at home and its not even 10am yet,i thought this time of year was rainy season in japan :bow:

I miss the raining season in Japan. It is in June. I really don't know which is worse: raining for a month or unbearable heat. :bow:

It is another hot day in Japan. It really needs to rain. The locals are even complaining about the weather.

Today I had to go medical. Its not serious, but just caused a problem in my life. I have this problem every month, but this month its worse it has every been. I have chronic constipation even though I eat lots of fiber and drink a lot of water. :picard-sith: I need to make follow up appt. with my doctor next week. :wow:

I am really sorry to hear that Odie i hope its not too bad and that the DR can help you :picard-sith::wow:

Today I feel better than yesturday, but I am not at 100% The medication that the doctor has given me is working well. Maybe to well. I have two more days of the this treatment and I have take the liquid fiber stuff. :rofl:

It is the afternoon and now I feel crappy. I thought the problem that I had yesturday was gone and I should just forget about it came aback to remind me that I am not fully healed. :rofl::rofl:

This was the worse weekends that I had every had in a long time. I had duty Saturday than I had a migrain on Sunday. I wanted to go to the movies today, but the headach would have got worse if I did. I hope next weekend will be better than this one.

Today at work as a very odd day. I really didn't do any work except help get another tug underway, but I really don't consider that work. Just though the line to the person on the tug. Anyone can do that. Even Doc Niel can do that, I think. :P I went shopping for the tug's mess and spend less than a $100. My chief, tugmaster, complained that I didn't buy coffee grounds. My only reply was that I had the list posted on the bulletin board for 2 days he should place the item on it since he is the only that drinks coffee in the morning. I have started my different PT routine today. Next week I will PT twice a day, because I can and no problems with my hips, knees, and feet. I hope they won't brother in the future.

Hey,

If things work out, you'll be the strongest QM in the fleet I betcha. Sorry its taken so long. I've been busy.

Hey, Odie, Doc, your favorite Officer from the On-line community will be a in the Reserves starting in March. I am transforming into a Weekend Warrior.

Hey, Odie, Doc, your favorite Officer from the On-line community will be a in the Reserves starting in March. I am transforming into a Weekend Warrior.

Good luck with the Reserves and your civilian life.

Hey,

If things work out, you'll be the strongest QM in the fleet I betcha. Sorry its taken so long. I've been busy.

Hay Doc, I know that you have been busy. Its that time of year where sailors and Marines forget their heads and do something stupid. It makes your life hard at work.

Hey there my good friend :o ...today i got your postcard from Cali :dude: ...looks like a cool place ,wish i could come there :o ..thank you for sending me it Odie it means a lot to me :o .... :o

Today started out to be a busy day for me. There where two early morning jobs that went by very fast. One of the ship that left this morning had dependants' day curise. When the ship comes back there will a lot of sick family members. At least the sea state in the harbor wasn't bad. Yesturday my cell phone died on me and left the charger home. Today I left my cell phone on the tug. Oh well, it looks I have to pick it up tomorrow.

The weekend is almost over and I got all the I need done. I very much miss talking to my friend in DC, but I will talk to him tomorrow afternoon. Since I've meet him in DC the weekends are just to long for me.

Tomorrow will be a very business with lots of jobs to do in the harbor. One of the ships that I like the least will be leaving! :o I can't wait until she gone for their underway period and I hope its at least a week or two.

Starting Monday I will be posted less on stf. It is not that I don't like here, I do. I have to study for my advancement exam in September. There is so much to study I really don't have much time left. I am trying to get promoted to first class petty officer. Since I am in shore duty status and not doing my job as a Quartermaster it will be hard for me to get promoted, but it won't stop me from trying.

Starting Monday I will be posted less on stf.  It is not that I don't like here, I do.  I have to study for my advancement exam in September.  There is so much to study I really don't have much time left.  I am trying to get promoted to first class petty officer.  Since I am in shore duty status and not doing my job as a Quartermaster it will be hard for me to get promoted, but it won't stop me from trying.

Hey i think we understand its important to you and i would do the same just dont forget us...lol that would be hard to do but you know what i am saying,keep us up to date on things over there in japan :o

Yesterday was a very busy day for me. It started from 0630 to 1830. There where at least 6 to 7 ship moves that day. To make matters worse there was an oil spill in the harbor. It was a lot, but it was pain in the a** to clean up. The funny part about cleaning the spill was the tide was leaving with a strong wind. That didn't help in clean up efforts. On the tugs we lit off the fire monitors and I was wet from the sea water. God, I love when my uniform dried. I believe it could have stood up by itself. Port Ops was at it for least 2 to 3 hours trying to contain the oil spill. We only got 75% yesterday and today we might get all of it. At least the Kitty Hawk is gone for while. I don't have to worry about any oil spills for her to ruin a good day.

Today I pick my new pair of glasses. I have one pair of wire frames which look alright for being free. I don't like the thick lens. I got two pair of BCs. They look very, very nerdy. Last but not least a pair of OBA. They are used for the gas mask and fire fighting equipment.

I hate the gasmask and firefighting gear. but being sailors, we need them. I'd say the Navy is the only service where firefighting is a required skill.

I hate the gasmask and firefighting gear. but being sailors, we need them. I'd say the Navy is the only service where firefighting is a required skill.

The joys of smelling rubber. Ah, nothing like not breathing fresh air.

I really had a bad duty day yesterday. Its up in the top 10. The watch bill changed 3 or 4 times during that day and twice when I had watch. Nothing can compare when I was supposed get relieved and find out that I had one more hour to go. :flowers: To say that I was pissed is a mild understatement. Today I found out that I stood the watch wrong, because they changed the rules and didn't even trouble themselves to tell me about new procedures. So I had to endure 10 minutes of an a#$ chewing before they realized that I was gone for 2 months and won't know about the changes. I hate when my chain of command thinks that I can read minds!

They do it to everyone. you'd think once in a while they'd inform the officers, so we could tell you guys, but sometimes they forget to tell us. then WE get chewed out for NOT telling you after you get reamed for not knowing...

Finally my long distance calling plan for my cell is now activated. Joy, I can call home anytime of the day and night! Okay, its easy for me to call on my cell phone in the morning when I'm going to work to talk to my family in the states. I get my first calls free. That won't happen until next month, but I am not complaining to much. I can call up to 1,000 Yen in long distance charges. Its less than $10 in American, but its free next month!

I can't wait until summer is over. I hate the hot and humid weather. It makes me more tired and cranky than normal. When it rains it really dosen't help matter. Only for a few hours the temp and humid goes down. I would love to have a typhon come in the area and cool things down a bit.

Today is my only day off this week. Tomorrow I have duty. I am hoping that it would be a quite one. The one thing I am not looking forward to is to retype the one of the engeering instuctions book for the tug. Today I am going to sit back and relax, because its too hot to go outside.

Today is other hot and humid day in Yokosuka, Japan. I can't wait until fall starts when the temps will become bearable. I have work today, bummer. :) I hope there are no ship movements today. :laugh:

Today it finally rain, but it wasn't enough to do any good. Its still very humid outside. One the bright side I saw mt Fuji at sunset. I never get tried seeing the mountain from where I live in Japan. Next month I WILL climb it.