Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Logs

I only show them that I know how to cook. Some of them are really good cooks. :clap:

Never been in the Military Odie, but thank you for watching out for all of us civi's.

253003[/snapback]

Airies, you are welcome. :hammer:

Yesterday I had duty. It wasn't really a busy day. Jobs in the morning which wasn't bad. The two jobs where ships leaving the port, which for me is always a good thing. The lines at the stories are much shorter now.

I really can't wait until summer is over. I can't stand the heat and humid. I am more tried and cranky than normal. I have lost my temper too many times this summer.

I only show them that I know how to cook.  Some of them are really good cooks.  :hammer:

252836[/snapback]

Some are, Some Aren't. Continued below...

Suddenly I'm missing Navy chow.  :laugh: My ship had a great chef! :laugh: I'm cooking supper tonight; spaghetti.  :laugh:

252991[/snapback]

Best chow I ever had was when I was on Subs. they always get the best chow. any time I did any time on a Surface ship, be it a day or a month, where I had to eat in the Galley or the Wardroom, I kept wishing I was back on the subs for the food. cus surface chow sucks. even shore galleys aren't that great, if they are Military-run. some are run by Civilian Contractors like Goodwill, and they are halfway decent. best Shore chow I've had? MCRD San Diego.

I only show them that I know how to cook.  Some of them are really good cooks.   :hammer:

252836[/snapback]

Some are, Some Aren't. Continued below...

Suddenly I'm missing Navy chow.  :laugh: My ship had a great chef! :laugh: I'm cooking supper tonight; spaghetti.  :laugh:

252991[/snapback]

Best chow I ever had was when I was on Subs. they always get the best chow. any time I did any time on a Surface ship, be it a day or a month, where I had to eat in the Galley or the Wardroom, I kept wishing I was back on the subs for the food. cus surface chow sucks. even shore galleys aren't that great, if they are Military-run. some are run by Civilian Contractors like Goodwill, and they are halfway decent. best Shore chow I've had? MCRD San Diego.

253240[/snapback]

The food I bought isn't Navy chow. Food on board a ship can be very bad at times. Even though the call themselves now CS, but they are still bad cooks.

I have had a restfully weekend. Everything is done that I need to get done. Thankfully I only had 2 headaches. One on Saturday and other today. Have two migraines for two days because of the weather is a bummer.

*hugs* sorry the weather is a bummer and that you have migrane,when i get migranie i have to lay down in a dark room for a few hrs :laugh: ..take care Odie :laugh:

It looks like the weather won't improve anytime soon. I am really not complaining. I hate the heat and humidity. It looks like another typhoon is on its way to Japan follow by topical storm. Someone who was very bright today decided to turn on the AC. The temps outside is falling and I am freezing cold.

Click For Spoiler
asiasat.png

I have the duty blues. action-smiley-020.gif The jobs today start from 0730 to almost 1900. Of course it was a humid day not hot, but humid. I can't wait until I am off tomorrow. action-smiley-022.gif

Good morning Odie. 11 1/2 hour duty? Yikes. Enjoy being off tomorrow it sounds like you are going to need some rest.

Good morning Odie. 11 1/2 hour duty? Yikes. Enjoy being off tomorrow it sounds like you are going to need some rest.

255423[/snapback]

I am not that lucky. My duty day is 24 hours. The jobs that I am referrring to is ship movements that the tug that I am on did yesturday.

I am very much trying to get set of orders to as ship in San Diego, CA. Being a female I know it can be hard. Finding orders to a ship anywhere in the United States is becoming very hard. I looked at JASS where an enlisted personal can select orders that are currently available. Guess what?! There are only 2 in the whole Continental Untied States that's available for me. Its starting to look like I have to change rates if this continues.

The more I think about it the more it makes since that I change my job in the Navy. I love being a Quartermaster, but I need to find a rate that I know that I won't have any problems in finding orders. It so funny and frustrating, because that is the very reason why I chosen to become a QM. Four years ago it was underman. I even got a bonus to re-enlist. I can't change my rate until my contract expires which won't happen until next February. :laugh: :) :laugh:

I have found out today that my request for the orders has been placed in the system. There maybe some problems with it. No suprise on that one. The orders are for E-4 and I am an E-5. As I told my chain of command that there are no other orders that I can choice. There where 8 to picks from the list that are sea commands back in the States. There was one E-5, but ship does not take females. :unsure: One E-6 billet. I feel I am not ready to take that billet since coming from a shore duty. The rest of the 6 where an E-4. Only one of ship could take a female on board. That doesn't mean that males can't complete for that billet or there might not be an open rack, some place for me to sleep, on the ship. I don't want to do back to back shore duties, but March is coming closer and closer and I have a lot work to do before going back to the States. I really can't wait until I get my orders.

On a more brighter note my department had the pinic. It was very lame.

Today is another fun fill raining Sunday duty day. B) Right now the members of the tug is watching Olympics on Arm Forces Network. I have watching the same commercial for the last 5 minutes and hearing West Wing theme song while the screening saying channel I am watching is AFN Movie channel coming in Sept 3rd. Show the games or give different commercials. B) By the way the commercials are about the Olympics and advertising themselves. :b-day:

Why would any want to turn on the AC unit when the temp is droping?! :b-day:

I believe can't some members on the other tugs! T-3 moored on berth 8 and they require to have a brow. It seems they don't know how to properly secure the brow to the pier. I can't count how many times that the brow has fallen of from the pier. :innocent:

I just found out from my local newspaper that my favorite pizzeria that I went to when I was in college just got burned. :innocent: The La Nova Pizzeria makes the best pizza, chicken wings, and subs in the whole city. The owners and mayor promised that the resturant will be rebuild, but it won't be the same place that I have my fine college memories. :laugh:;)

I woke up this morning not feeling very well do to the weather. I was badly congested and was starting to get a migraine. I had to take mortin during lunch and had a 2 hour nap. I feel much better now! :notworthy:

:unsure: glad to hear your feeling better odie,i hope the rest of your day is nice...take care Odie :notworthy:

I'm sorry about your pizza place Odie and I'm glad your feeling better! I hope by at least the time on ENT that they will come up with a cure for migraines! ( I knew I had been spelling that wrong work pc won't let me use spell check) Have a great day!

I'm sorry about your pizza place Odie and I'm glad your feeling better! I hope by at least the time on ENT that they will come up with a cure for migraines! ( I knew I had been spelling that wrong work pc won't let me use spell check) Have a great day!

258106[/snapback]

Don't worry about spelling mistakes in my log. I am dyslexic and I won't even notice unless its badly misspelled. Even then it won't bother me. I'm not the greatest speller in the world. If it wasn't for spell check I would shudder to think of what would came out in every post I had.

Today is a beautiful day to go to the beach. Too bad I have to work today. All day. Tomorrow is the big day for me. Its my advancement exam and I am slightly nervous. I really hope I do well on the exam.

Good luck on your exam Odie. Every day would be better if we did not have to work. I just got screwed out of 2 days pay. I thought I had sick days coming to me so I took two days off last week with that migraine thinking I was going to be paid. So today I'm told there was a policy change and I can't take them till next month. Doesn't that suck?! I freaking hate working for someone else. I hope someday by photo business will grow big enouph I can do it full time, but until then I guess I will have to suck it up and keep working for the man! :picard-sith:

I finished with the exam. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The test wasn't balanced in my opinion. The exam has 200 questions. The exam is broken down almost 50% rate question and 50% military requirements. There was not enough rate exam questions and too much military requirements. :picard-sith: Some of the rate question where to easy for me. Maybe all the studying I did. It felt like an overview on the Quartermaster material. I only had 5 math questions on the how exam!