Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Logs

I've been to Japan once, and I was actually quite impressed with Mount Fuji. Of course, the same night some buddies and I went out clubbing and snuke a bottle of Sake back onto the ship.

There is a saying on the base. "A wise person climbs Mt Fuji once. A foolish person does it twice."

I am waiting to get off from work. I have finished all my work at 0915. I have to wait until they let me go for the day. I very bored right now. :bow:

Today the first round engines test had end with mix results. Reduction gears work great. Now it was found there is fuel tank problems. The SRF workers fix one problem and find another one. When will this nightmare end. :clap: The tug has been down for almost a year.

Today is another fun fill duty day! :) I have no real work to do and I am bored to tries. :) Today jobs got cancelled and rescheduled for tomorrow. I was informed this morning that engine test part 2 might happen tomorrow. If that happens it will take all day. Joy! Like I don't have anything better to do on Saturday. Part of me is wishing that won't happen until Monday. On the first of August is the Friendship Fest. in Yokosuka. The base will be open to the public. It expected there will be over 30,000 people visiting the base. Lots of American style pizza will be sold on that day.

There will be only 2 jobs tomorrow! :) :) The best part of it is that there will be no engine tests! Yes, Astro and I will have a party! :) :)

There will be only 2 jobs tomorrow! :)  :) The best part of it is that there will be no engine tests!  Yes, Astro and I will have a party! :)  :)

LOL sounds like fun..i think i might have a little party of my own as well..lol :)

Uh oh..... that means Hang is going to lose another pair of pants :blink: :blink: :blink:

Uh oh..... that means Hang is going to lose another pair of pants :blink: :blink: B)

I know Hang will lose a pair pants! :hug: :) :blink:

I had found out why the watch procedures had changed. Of course it would had to happen because someone had screwed up big time while on watch. I can't go in to detail, but my command almost lost a tug. The person who told about the problem and the only thought that I have if it happen during my watch I wouldn't be able to fix it. Let alone know if there is a problem on one of the tugs. I am a Quartermaster no Engineerman. I don't understand and very annoyed as to why it took me weeks to find out what happen to cause the watch to change.

I hate having the last watch before getting relieved. I was very tried when I got off yesturday. I went to the movies to see King Aurther. Guess what, I fell asleep in the middle of the movie. I really hate when that happen. The cost of the tickets in Japan are not cheap. For one movie ticket it is 1800 yen and in dollars it is about $16.82.

Today was engine test part II and it don't go so well. I want the tug up and running as soon as possible. Grrrr. It just annoys me that the tug's repairs where not done when I was TAD to the O'Brien and on leave.

Today I have decide to grow out my hair. My hair grow so fast it starting to really expense to get trim 2 twice a month to keep it Navy standard. I don't like the fact my is hair is still too short but in bun, but know its to long to keep it down. In a few months I won't have to worry about it.

Today I brought a new pair of glasses from one of the stories in mall that is close to base. I hate the free pair of glasses that Navy gave to me. It pinches my temples and get on my nerve. I will pick up new pair on Thursday. I am so happy with this pair. The lens will be thinner than the ones that I am wearing. That is a very good thing, because they are heavy to begin with.

Yesturday I had duty. It didn't go well enough. The morning went by very fast, but the afternoon went to slow. There was one job. It was moving a berthing barge from one end of the pair to other. The set up took longer than the actually movement. :o

On the tug the crew painted engeering deck. The whole deck. I am very tried of smelling paint fumes. It makes me sick. The worse part of the day is when I lost my temper. :bow: I hate when that happens. The person, I hope was joking, said that I was a liar. :( I am not a l liar and I was offended. He is new to the tug and he doesn't know me very well and I don't know him. What right did he have to call me a liar?

This morning I over slept, which is not a good thing. I could have gotten into trouble, which I didn't. :bow: When I woke-up I thought it was a Friday and I missed quarters. I hope the rest of my day will be better.

I can wait until its 1800 so I can pick-up my new glasses. Not that I am really complaining about the free pair that I got from the Navy, but I really hate. The pitch my temples and lens are too think for my tastes. The new pair will be light weight lens and frames looks cooler. :bow:

Here is a picture of my glasses. The quality is not great.

post-61-1091710744.jpg

I am in limbo. B) Somehow and not surprise that admin lost my OTEIP package. That bothers me to no end. :thumbs: Even though they may have done me a favor by losing it. :laugh: Now I am e-mailing my detailer and hoping to get decent orders to San Diego and not stuck crappy orders to God knows where, because this is the last minute for me. I am hoping that he has replied to my last e-mail that I sent him on Friday.

Astro is not feeling well. I am worried about him. :thumbs: He just jumped on lap and went to sleep. Normally he is so hyper he can stay on lap for seconds at a time. If he is still this way by Monday I have to make an apointment with the vet. :laugh:

I've just sat through my third "eathquark" this week. It was very weak, but slightly unnerving to have my house movie for a few seconds. :thumbs: Mavbe thats why Astro hasn't been his normal self. :laugh:

That'll do it. Our animals always acted very strange right before an earthquake when we lived in California. Even here the cats start acting up before a big storm.

Wow.....

Earthquakes...

They never happen here in Texas...

The only thing that acts up is my bones and joints before a storm. That's why I like to stay in doors in the summer... Constant storms...

I don't know why my bones hurt.... Might be arthritis... :thumbs:

The earthquark lasted few second and extermely weak. The only reason I've post it it was third one this week. Japan gets earthquarks just like Calinforina. The weaker onces can be fun.

Astro is now back to his I am going to get into troblem self. :thumbs: I am glad he behaving himself again. :laugh:

Hopefully Astro will be back to normal and stay that way. I would hate earthquakes. I'm a very scared and paranoid person....

For me earthquakes and even the smaller ones are unnerving to say the least. I try not to think about it. There was one time when I was on base and I was talking to a friend there was a larger one. It was very odd to feel the ground move. There was no damage, but it was very odd. Even my hometown, Buffalo, New York, get them every once in a while.

It will take me awhile to get used to the updated board. I am not sure if I like or not, but the there are lots of changes. :tribble:

Astro is much better today! :tribble: He is back to a going cause trouble again. It looks like he needs to go outside soon and some trouble with the nieghbors.

Life in the Navy can so much fun. :tribble: Admin department in my command some how lost my OTIEP package and I was dum enough to forget to make an copy of the package. Now I am in a rush to get orders from my detailer which I can be anywhere other than the place that I want to be. I am very much hoping that there are still orders to San Diego. The computer that I use on the tug is now down or more times than it has been up. It can make communicating to my detailer very slow and very annoying. I hoping to get orders by the end of the week.

I had so much fun on my duty I could just cry. There was two jobs in the morning. No big deal. Easy I thought. What could go wrong? Move one ship to another berth and bring the other from anchorage. A piece of cake.

Yesterday just taught me a very important lesson in life. Nothing in Navy can go as smoothing as you want it to. The ship at anchorage had serve problems with the anchor. It was stuck on something which made it impossible for the ship to bring up from the sea bottom. It took them 6 hours for them to decide to leave the anchor and the chain at the anchorage area. I have spent those 6 six hours being very bored! Nothing to do except to take catnaps and tan my forearms. I have a very beautiful farmers tan.

It will take 2 weeks for the salvage team to retrieve the anchor. Out of the seven years that I have been in the Navy I have never seen a ship have problems with their anchor.

It looks like its going to rain! Yes the weather is starting to cool off a bit. I hope this will last well.

I am having a bad hair day. When I took of my hat my bangs stood right up. :hammer: It look very odd.