Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Logs

Good luck on the O'Brien. and Hawaii is nice this time of year, it's approaching the hot season in that section of the Pacific. I want to go back to Sea, the water in Lake Michigan isn't salty enough for me.

Thank you. I to miss going underway. Funny thing is when I was on board USS Harry S Truman I couldn't wait to get back to shore.

Saturday, cool evening

I have duty today on my last weekend before going underway. The tug boat just painted out passway. I am so tried of painting!

Tomorrow I will go to the movies. I hope the thearter has good one showing.

Sunday, late evening

It is almost that time for me to go underway with the O'Brien. All my cloths are ready to go. I am very much looking forward to go underway.

This week starts the Japanese holiday called Golden Week. Traffic will be a nightmare around base. The short time that I have in Yokosuka I will use my bike to go to work and back. My bike will be much faster right now. :drool:

I hope you enjoy yourself on the O'brien..and dont forget i want a postcard from Hawaii :drool:

Sounds fun the GOLDEN WEEK,atleast you dont have to paint anymore..lol :drool:

I hope you enjoy yourself on the O'brien..and dont forget i want a postcard from Hawaii :drool:

Sounds fun the GOLDEN WEEK,atleast you dont have to paint anymore..lol :)

Trust me, Hangon, I won't forget. You will get your post card. I maybe back from my leave before you get it. :drool:

Sounds fun the GOLDEN WEEK,atleast you dont have to paint anymore..lol :)

Trust me, Hangon, I won't forget. You will get your post card. I maybe back from my leave before you get it. :drool:

Thats ok i just want a postcard from Hawaii i have a lot of postcards from all over the world but not one from Hawaii :)

ODIE, I never thanked you for being the first one to show up in the chatroom responding to my cry for help. I appeciated your input in solving my little problem. I think of you as a friend, Thank You :drool::drool:

ODIE, I never thanked you for being the first one to show up in the chatroom responding to my cry for help.  I appeciated your input in solving my little problem. I think of you as a friend, Thank You :drool:  :drool:

Jeanway, it was no problem. Thank you for calling me your friend.

Tuesday, evening

I just got back from kennel. That is where Astro will be during my underway period. When I open the door to my house it hit me how much I miss him already. :)

Tuesday, evening

I just got back from kennel.  That is where Astro will be during my underway period.  When I open the door to my house it hit me how much I miss already. :)

Aww i know how much you 2 will miss each other i really feel for you am on msn if you need me B) ;) :)

Tuesday, evening

I just got back from kennel.  That is where Astro will be during my underway period.  When I open the door to my house it hit me how much I miss already. :)

Aww i know how much you 2 will miss each other i really feel for you am on msn if you need me :) B) ;)

Thanks I feel better. ;)

Tuesday, early morning the birds are chirping

I still miss my dog, Astro. :laugh: It is odd not having him around the house. It is too quite.

Today is my last full day here. Tomorrow I will be going underway with the O'Brien. This an great opportunity to learn more job in the Navy. The Quartermasters job differs slight with other platforms and ship type. On a small ship like a destroyer, there is a lot more work than on aircraft carrier.

I just found out yesterday that I will not be in duty status when the ship is in Hawaii. :laugh: No work! <_< When I am in Hawaii I will try to check and see what is going on with everyone. Hangon, I will send you your postcard. :laugh:

I still miss my dog, Astro. :) It is odd not having him around the house.  It is too quite.

I just found out yesterday that I will not be in duty status when the ship is in Hawaii. :laugh: No work!  <_< When I am in Hawaii I will try to check and see what is going on with everyone.  Hangon, I will send you your postcard. :)

Dont worry about ASTRO he will be ok :laugh:

And i cant wait for you postcard from hawaii,i am gonna miss chatting to you but we will keep in touch i promise :laugh::laugh::wow:

Odie,

I know you miss astro, and I bet he misses you as well. Don't foreget pictures of him. and silly as it soundspictures of you for him, or a shirt. It will be a lonely time; But the reunion will be worth it. <_< and if you need anyone to talk/ write to, look no further than your friends.

OH and don't foreget your meclizine

I am in Hawaii! I wish the weather will be better, but that will not slow me down. I am so glad that my good friend is online.

So, how do you like being at sea? and Hawaii is nice. it's been about a year since I was there last. my wife and I went there on our honeymoon. I was hoping to get sent to a ship stationed there, but no such luck, I got sent to Great Lakes.

have fun in Hawaii, Odie. and good luck with the rest of the cruise.

I am in Hawaii!  I wish the weather will be better, but that will not slow me down.  I am so glad that my good friend is online.

Awww i have been sat here waiting for 10 days waiting to see your name on the users list,i am glad your back ODIE :wow::wow:

So, how do you like being at sea? and Hawaii is nice. it's been about a year since I was there last. my wife and I went there on our honeymoon. I was hoping to get sent to a ship stationed there, but no such luck, I got sent to Great Lakes.

have fun in Hawaii, Odie. and good luck with the rest of the cruise.

It was GREAT! I never thought I would miss being underway, but I do. Being on the O'Brien has taught me a lot about the small boys. I am almost quilfied to stand QMOW. The biggest lesson I learn was that J.O.'s that come start out college can be a big pain in the rear. Sometimes I feel I am the oldest person on the bridge.

you might well be, Odie. just remember, you gotta teach the Junior Officers the same way you'd train your dog. they respond well to doggie buscuits (I'm a Junior Officer myself, I know) when all else fails, try scooby snacks.

you might well be, Odie. just remember, you gotta teach the Junior Officers the same way you'd train your dog. they respond well to doggie buscuits (I'm a Junior Officer myself, I know) when all else fails, try scooby snacks.

I believe I will try that. Maybe they will listen when I give them a course or speed change. There is difference between you and someone who just got out of the college. Your prior enlisted and they are not. You know the fustrations that can lead.

I do. the reason my promotion is coming so soon is because of those darned greenhorns. we've got two LT JG spots and 4 Ensign spots in my office. we're losing 2 ensigns and an LTJG, and they are being replaced with 3 Ensigns fresh from ROTC. Being the senior among juniors, I get the LTJG spot.

I remember when I was enlisted, I used to HATE officers, because I had one who thought he was the best thing since sliced bread on my first ship. he was a fresh Academy grad, and was on a major power trip. being only an FT3 at the time, I couldn't exactly say anything, but we had a cheif who you'd like, Odie. he constantly made smart-***ed, but never out of line, remarks. those were the days. the moral of the story: never develope a hate for officers, you might become one.

I do. the reason my promotion is coming so soon is because of those darned greenhorns. we've got two LT JG spots and 4 Ensign spots in my office. we're losing 2 ensigns and an LTJG, and they are being replaced with 3 Ensigns fresh from ROTC. Being the senior among juniors, I get the LTJG spot.

I remember when I was enlisted, I used to HATE officers, because I had one who thought he was the best thing since sliced bread on my first ship. he was a fresh Academy grad, and was on a major power trip. being only an FT3 at the time, I couldn't exactly say anything, but we had a cheif who you'd like, Odie. he constantly made smart-***ed, but never out of line, remarks. those were the days. the moral of the story: never develope a hate for officers, you might become one.

I never do. I like to think that they are learning thier job and I have to teach them it. One problem I have is bridge equite. Being a Quatermaster I have to teach or enforce it. It can be tricky, but that is the life of a QM.

that's the nice thing about going from being enlisted to being an officer. I already know the basics, and I understand the enlisted sailor's POV, now all I had to do is adjust to an officer's POV.

that's the nice thing about going from being enlisted to being an officer. I already know the basics, and I understand the enlisted sailor's POV, now all I had to do is adjust to an officer's POV.

Good luck! Officer don't bother me as much. If I didn't meet this one LT I would not have enlisted. He is an LDO, and I may follow in his foot steps.

I'm hoping to eventually command a ship. Aircraft carriers are out of the realm of possibilities for me. those commands are usaully for pilots, and I am too tall to be a pilot. maybe someday we'll end up stationed together, Odie.

I'm hoping to eventually command a ship. Aircraft carriers are out of the realm of possibilities for me. those commands are usaully for pilots, and I am too tall to be a pilot. maybe someday we'll end up stationed together, Odie.

Maybe one day. The fleet is getting smaller by the day. :wow: Good luck on trying to get your next command. When you go back to sea just remember when you stand watch on the bridge you have a QM look out for you.

Saturday, I think.... :wow:

This my second day in Hawaii or is it my first full day in Hawaii. It has been raining on and off all day long. I had my first tour today. It was great! I went on Atlantis submarines tour. I have some pictures, but they are not great. The overcast didn't help much the picture quality. It was so cool to be on a sub! The colors that the fish have where allosome! I saw two sea turtles, and I was told we might see one. Unforniurtly I could only get one picture, and that did not come out that great. Not enough light. I did get an dvd on the tour, maybe I pull some of the pictures off from it. Tomorrow I have an all day tour on the island. I will definitely have picture of that tour.