Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madame Butterfly

Madame Butterfly's Personal Log

My neice arrives this week.

I had a conversation on the phone with her and both of her parents last week to set down the ground rules that I feel are most important for her to follow while she is here.

I mentioned times specifically that would be acceptable for her to come in at night, and explained the schedule in the household so that she would have a clear understanding of WHY I won't tolerate times in after midnight.

The irony is this. We spoke of her flight in, and she had originally had plans to go into the city with a friend who would pick her up at the airport.

I told her on the phone that if she chose a late flight or evening out, it would just be best to stay at her friends and come out to my place the next day. Her parents agreed, as did she.

Then I get her flight schedule. The time she arrives and the time spent driving here would get her in way past midnight here. And she STILL expected me to be up and letting her in the front door. :rolleyes::laugh::laugh:

So I had to call and explain it all again.

I have a bad feeling I'm really going to have to lower the boom on her why she is here just from the things that have happened since she decided to bug out from her parents place.

:blink: :blink: :lol:

I'm not looking forward to this visit.

I didn't think you sounded that old, if your niece is close to your age it will be hard to impose rules. At least in the situations I have seen, seems you have to be so old to get a kids respect.

I'm the youngest of 5 kids, and there are huge age differences between me and my two oldest siblings.

So while I sound "not that old" that's because I'm not!! :rolleyes:

Well I've warned my room mates that I'll need their support and if I have to lower the boom, they'll back me up, as will her parents.

She is a lovely girl really, she's just going through a bit of "I want to be independent" but she's not going about it in the most productive way. :laugh:

An ok day.

Saw Madagascar, which is hilarious. I love the penguins. :rolleyes:

My neice sent me a list of movies she thought may be appropriate to show one of the younger room mates in the house. :laugh: I vetoed all of them.

Lots of things going on, just am not ready to share them.

Rant of the Day: If I see one more obnoxious Live 8 plug, I'm going to scream. Yes it is for a good cause, however, the over kill is going to backfire on them. And the shameless plugs, in my opinion, are really to make more money for the record companies and the entertainers and have nothing to do with a petition.

I'm becoming cynical as I age. -snarls-

Busy weekend, being in a small softball tourny, working, and I am teaching some tennis too.

My neice is here, and I caught her in another lie today. She knew it too. She put herself in time out, LOL, went up to her room and stayed there for hours. :)

As busy as I am, I'm trying to take some time just for me, to think from the heart and not the head.

Lots of confusing issues which I just don't think should be confusing really.

I am also having the most bizarre dreams at night. I have a good net friend who does dream interpretations so she's having fun with them, and her interps seem to be spot on from what I can gather.

This is the last week of my "running" summer schedule, meaning all the things I have tied myself too will be ending.

I desperately want to go up to the Lake and just chill with my brothers, who will be arriving next week.

I want to just float in the lake water, walk in the woods, and strangely I strongly feel the need to go and spend some time taking care of my father's grave. It's very peaceful there.

:lol:

My ex is an idiot. Plain and simple.

He's also delusional.

He intentionally has been picking fights with me over absolutely ridiculous things, and then has some insane idea that I'd want him to go on vacation to my mother's with him. B) B)

The fury I feel inside from all of this building up makes me feel like a volcano that's just aching to explode.

On the other hand, I've got a great guy in my life who helps me to believe that when all this has settled, life will be more than good, it will be bliss. :rofl:

Things are OK with my neice at the moment. I've been enjoying her visit greatly.

Found out that one of my good friends whose family was having financial difficulties, well part of it was because her husband had a cocaine habit. She stopped by to see me on his way to rehab.

When life seems bad for you, the universe always helps you to see it could be much much worse. :lol:

On the other hand, I've got a great guy in my life who helps me to believe that when all this has settled, life will be more than good, it will be bliss.

He's a very lucky man.

If you don't mind me saying so. :lol:

:lol: No, I don't mind you saying so Sean.

Thank you so much for the compliment.

It is I who feels lucky, to have someone who loves me so completely, and unwavering in his devotion and adoration.

:lol:

Worry? Me?!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

It's not worry, rather that this anger I'm feeling is destructive, and I'd rather be at peace than at war.

He makes me so angry I go blind nearly. I've never had that happen in my entire life.

Love is the most important thing in the word, but if his delusion doesn't stop, I'm concerned I'll be a statistic soon. B)

No, my dear lady.

I think your anger is closer to "passion" than destruction.

When handled properly, anger is wonderful. I think more clearly when my blood is up.

Then again, there are other things that get my blood boiling too.

The only statistic you will ever be is 100% because that's how much kindness you offer.

No, my dear lady.

I think your anger is closer to "passion" than destruction.

When handled properly, anger is wonderful. I think more clearly when my blood is up.

Then again, there are other things that get my blood boiling too.

The only statistic you will ever be is 100% because that's how much kindness you offer.

340847[/snapback]

100% dead??? :lol: Cuz that's what I was implying.

It's not passion, it's rage.

I just noticed that you are using the title I betowed upon you as your rank. I am honored...... :lol:

I just noticed that you are using the title I betowed upon you as your rank. I am honored...... :lol:

340855[/snapback]

No, thank you Kor. :lol: B) B)

I've been using it for nearly a month now. :rofl:

100% dead???  Cuz that's what I was implying.

No, you will not be 100% dead.

Will you send 50 of your strongest and most brave knights to protect me? :lol:

Keep yourself safe, MB. Have you considered a restraining order or do you think that would make it worse? I know the statistics you are referring to and they're scary.

Keep yourself safe, MB. Have you considered a restraining order or do you think that would make it worse? I know the statistics you are referring to and they're scary.

340886[/snapback]

I am doing my best Takara.

He's in law enforcement though, always has a firearm with him.

I think at this moment it would make it worse, but my lawyer and I have been discussing it and unfortunatley, the laws are tough on this sort of thing. I want to "nail" him when I do it.

Right now it's just about time to call his boss and have the guys at work take care of him.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Oh the heck with it.

I'll just send myself instead.  :(  :(

340885[/snapback]

:(

Wait, :huh: does this mean I need to install a throne in my living room???