Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madame Butterfly

Madame Butterfly's Personal Log

Just a question to the male members who may pass through.

What is about old boyfriends who can't seem to realize it's over, long over?

I don't know how many ways I can tell this man I no longer love him, I don't like him, his presence repulses me, and that if I had a choice, I'd never see him again in my lifetime.

And I've said it just like that too, thinking blunt was best.

So if you've any advice, I'd appreciate it!! <_<

:angry:

You know Kor, that was a last resort, and it made me cry to do it, because I knew it was harsh.

I don't know if it's lack of pride, way too much pride, or absolute disillusionment and not living within reality on his behalf. <_<

How ironic that I had that conversation with the "ex" yesterday, and today I got a gift of a "devotion" ring from my Beloved? <_< :angry: :angry:

It's so beautiful. :o :hmmm:

No, in this situation it could also be considered a promise ring.

You see, we live a great distance apart from one another.

So it is a promise of devotion, love and faithfulness until we can be together on a more permanent basis.

Thats a shame you live so far apart. Few relationships can withstand that. Is there any timetable as to when you can live near each other again? Is the separation just a temporary thing?

Thats a shame you live so far apart. Few relationships can withstand that. Is there any timetable as to when you can live near each other again? Is the separation just a temporary thing?

319906[/snapback]

Well it's been 18 months apart, and most likely another year [crosses fingers] apart, and then it will never ever happen again. :nono:

Or so I hope!! :yahoo:

Thats great. At least you have something to look forward to. That should give both of you the strength to hang onto the relationship.

Thats great. At least you have something to look forward to. That should give both of you the strength to hang onto the relationship.

319909[/snapback]

Oh I think we've gone through alot as it is. :nono:

The bond we have is very strong and very deep.

For me, it's what I've always dreamed love should be, but always thought it happened to other people, not me. :eek:

Strangest thing is, is I like to write, and I was tempted to try to write some sort of story with romance in it.

Turns out, shortly after I shelved this story, I found my Beloved. I initially couldn't stand him, :P , and once I got to know him, I realized he was very much the male character I had created in my story. Right down to very weird, specific things, such as a chronic illness.

So I believe the universe, my angels, however you wish to word it, brought him to me, felt how much my soul longed for someone like him, and they made sure we met.

:eek:

Gosh I sound like such a sap!! :eek:

:yahoo:

Quote of the Day

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

~Herm Albright, quoted in Reader's Digest, June 1995

Another gorgeous day.

Just came back from getting my hair done, and it's very curly at the moment.

No more straightening it for the rest of the summer, just going to let it curl. :eek:

I've got this cute dark colored tabby cat hanging around my house. It seems to fit well with my kitties, as I often see them under the tree together soaking up the sun.

It wears a collar but I don't know who it belongs to. :eek:

It's so very loving and always wants to be snuggled.

The damn dog always takes a run at it though. :eek::nono:

I haven't fed it yet, but his big green eyes just keep eating away at me. :yahoo:

Quote of the Day

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

~HH the Dalai Lama:

Is there enough kindness in the world?

Or is the world at large so interested in material goods, pride, and the need to be right, that all have forgotten the basic principals of all world religions?

Kindness being a part of it, but LOVE being the greatest thing.

Some think the Universal "force" is love, a pulsing love that all the earth sings, pulses with in rapture.

If this is true, how I wish we all could find a way to tap into this, to ground ourselves in this and truly make the world a utopia.

Quote of the Day

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

~HH the Dalai Lama:

If this is true, how I wish we all could find a way to tap into this, to ground ourselves in this and truly make the world a utopia.

320394[/snapback]

well, not everyone WANTS to tap into it. that's why there are dictators, villans, even cat burgulars. they like the danger, the risk, the power. if they tap into it, they are 'leveled' to everybody.

I'd have to disagree with that Chi.

People who "tap" into the other, are afraid of the real energy, so they create something they feel they control. They are never really happy, and so they keep creating more and more negative energy, in a futile attempt to fill their lives and souls with what really matters.

And until they let go of the other, and accept the love, the cycle will not

end.

well, not everyone WANTS to tap into it. that's why there are dictators, villans, even cat burgulars. they like the danger, the risk, the power. if they tap into it, they are 'leveled' to everybody.

320417[/snapback]

Besides, those type of people have a huge hole in their heart and they can never kill enough, steal enough or do enough harm to fill it up. They are driven by revenge......revenge for being born.

320417[/snapback]

Besides, those type of people have a huge hole in their heart and they can never kill enough, steal enough or do enough harm to fill it up. They are driven by revenge......revenge for being born.

320476[/snapback]

but that's exactly the point. getting that revenge makes them feel good, and they need more. they don't want to have to stop getting the revenge.

Ironic Quote of The Day

Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that.

--William J. Clinton - Bill Clinton

The whole house is sick with a flu virus today.

Nothing like body cramps, a spinning head, and a high fever to stop your weekend to a screeching halt. :dude:

Can't seem to get warm either.

-adjusts blankets

-puts on more socks to get warmer

well, actually, i think there is. i once was really curious about what was up in this tree, and well, you know the rest probably. i went up in the tree and then fell off.

oh well, that cured my curiosity.

there is this saying: "Curiosity killed the cat."

me=cat

I was gonna say that sort of thing, pain as a result of curiosity kills curiosity.

ok addendum to previous statement pain kills curiosity ... for the moment, it returns, but is channeled in slightly less dangerous avenues. No one forgets the pain of broken bones.