Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madame Butterfly

Madame Butterfly's Personal Log

I love SPRING!!!!!!!!

Another gorgeous day today.

Not alot happening today.

Besides being off put by the time change last night. :wow:

Worked today. Apparently this gentleman noted that I always ask to assist him when he shops there. Of course, that's my job, to help the customer. But he noted that I always ask HIM.

Ok guys, just a note here. If you are shopping and an attractive girl asks you if you have any questions or need assistence, it's because it's her job to do so. She get's paid to do so. It doesn't have anything to do with sexual charisma or anything like that. :hug:

Well he asked me to help pick out something for his home, and then halfway through that I realized he didn't want an item for his home. I think I went the shade of an overly ripe tomato at that. Which he called attention to. "You blush beautifully". Which made me blush and sweat a tad bit. I began to look for my boss to come help me, though not obviously. So after being totally flustered [i'm so clueless about when a man likes me, so totally clueless that it always takes me by surprise], I asked if his items at the cash wrap were all he'd be taking, and he had the balls to say "I don't know, you tell me." B) Again I blushed to the very depths of my core.

He tried one more time for my number, which he didn't get. :wow: :P I'm so not good at dating things. :o

Anyway the rest of the day has been spent out in this gorgeous weather and doing some running with my dog. :laugh:

Just finished going through my favorite sections of the Sunday paper and am letting dinner settle before I go do some yoga.

So ladies, how well do you handle guys hitting on you? :lol:

I usually blush and then if I am attracted give as good as I get.

I love to banter back, as long as I know and they know it's friendly harmless flirting.

The intensity of this man's gaze made it very clear that it wasn't though. :wow::wow:

At which point I say I am sorry but I am currently unavailable, andw with all luck I will be for a long while.

Polite and not offensive.

geezie, boys get so stupid nowadays. i was walking out of a movie with my boyfriend, and these guys come up and hit on me. well, Ritchie sooooo doesn't take that well, sadly. he glared at them, and they still wouldn't get the idea. so, before Ritchie could kill them, i told them off. politely, but i think i got the point across. geezie.

Well the obvious things weren't there for them to see that I wasn't availabe.

Ring of any sort on my left hand, a chain around my neck........ :wink2:

It's more difficult at work because the bosses want the customer to come back and spend spend spend. I remember I sold him some very large items for his home, I just didn't ever think he'd imagine me as part of the sofa cushion decoration! :wow:

I once had someone do a similar thing to me while at Uni. He came in all showered with a tie on though. Said he thought we'd exchanged some intense "eye conversation" the last time he was in. :wow:

I'd never seen him before in my entire life!!!

Like I said, guys, girls at the shop are nice because they are PAID to be. :o

I know the feeling. I was told to flirt with any and all male customers. I don't think they thought about the safety issues concerned, there are some freaky types about. I tended to break the 'rules' in that respect

wow! you're really told to flirt with the customers? geezie. i can't imagine that. well, seeing as im a babysitter, and the only person i could flirt with is my 'boss'.....

BTW, boss is in quotes 'cause he's Lian's dad, therefore employing me, so i don't know whether to call him my boss or what.

Yes I was Chi, it was pretty evil. and we had a lot of distasteful customers who a) liked looking down their noses at you and :P the men liked looking dow your top so if it were hot and you wore a chimise underneath the uniform shirt you'd obviously undo a bunch of buttong, nothing revelaing enough to get air circulation and cool you down. so yeah they would stare down your top, charming. I worked in a high class shoe store.

Tonight is the big game.

Illinois Vs. University of North Carolina.

Illinois is considered the underdog.

It's been years since they've won any sort of title, and UNC is nearly always in the final 8, so I have to cheer on the Fighting Illini. I hope the clean the floor with them.

Though the game is on very late at night, and I've not been sleeping well of late.

Just laying there for hours, and when I do sleep, it's typically for about 45 minutes and then I wake up and lay for a bit more.

My Yoga instructor says it's because I've not had a proper class in a long time, and she may be right!! I may try to get in a class tonight or tomorrow morning.

I know someone must be tired me putting this into my journal, but it's another gorgeous day. B) Not sure what I'm going to do with it though. B)

B) B) One of my co-workers just called to tell me that the fellow who was flirting with me and making me blush at work called to see if I was working today. I've instructed them to please say, NO any time he asks, even if I'm there. :blush 2:

Kind of feel out of touch with my friends here on the net. Some major changes happened at the site we always posted on, and we've slowly been seeing each other less and less. B) B) Even those I used to see every morning or evening aren't around much anymore.

That's really tough. I got to know some very lovely people from all over the world, and we got to have a lot of naughty and good fun together. :P We used to play word games, and there were many a time I was laughing so hard I was in tears.

Nothing can last forever, sadly and we are slowly moving in different directions. I miss them though. I will remember all those happy times so fondly. :(

Madame Butterfly.

As I have told many others we are all friends here we have just not met yet.

As I have met you and you are from my home state how can you not be my friend?

You have More people here who care about you than you can count. This is a family you joined not just a site. B) :P B)

Ed

We can talk any time. My Adress In My Profile.

Thanks Odo. That is very sweet of you. :P

Please understand I meant no disrespect to anyone here.

I think that situation I referred to was a once in a lifetime happening, all of those individual's finding one another and making such a deep bond. It wasn't an ordinary situation. I know it got me and some others through some very dark times in our lives.

Where you where is not in question. You are Here know We Are a

Family. :P B) B)

do not want to see this B)

I never had that experience Ua!! B)

I'd flat out tell my boss no way!!! :P But that's America and my fiery nature for you!! B)

315314[/snapback]

I left after a month of it. I figured I was likely to be moving anyway. Oh well the best laid plans of mice and men, the guy I was going to moving to didn't want me, the guy I am with now is worth ten of my ex.

I never had that experience Ua!! B)

I'd flat out tell my boss no way!!! :P But that's America and my fiery nature for you!! B)

315314[/snapback]

I left after a month of it. I figured I was likely to be moving anyway. Oh well the best laid plans of mice and men, the guy I was going to moving to didn't want me, the guy I am with now is worth ten of my ex.

315503[/snapback]

I understand.

What we put up with. B)

Yes stinky feet and sports. Not to mention all the gadgets they are fascinated with. Oh and they call us indescisive? I have horror stories to make your hair curl.

WOOF. I take it you think I am being catty Kor. Why does this not surprise me? You being male and all.

Yes stinky feet and sports. Not to mention all the gadgets they are fascinated with.  Oh and they call us indescisive? I have horror stories to make your hair curl.

315516[/snapback]

Well I like gadgets and my feet tend to stink in certain situations so I can't complain about those things.

I like my sports too, but I don't let them take up my weekend, I'd rather participate in them.

My Beloved would never call me indecisive!! :P

We are quite fiery and passionate and respectful when it comes to such things. B)

As for the meow, remember there all types of cattiness about and sometimes you men love the cat in us women. In fact you crave it. B)

Well after coming back from a huge deficit in points, the Illini still lost.

I really dislike UNC, always have. B)

Ok, I'm over it!!!! B)

It's going to be like summer today, and I'm rofl because one of my roommates has just walked into the room and all of her summer clothes are now about 2 sizes too small. She can barely move her legs!!! B)

I've been very slap happy of late. Quite silly and evil. :P Love that really. I can feel it down to my bones when I'm like this. :devil2:

Got offered a job yesterday just by being in a business. I shall think it over, as I think I like that store so much that I won't have money to live on, but rather I'll use my check to buy what they sell! B) :(

I went into work yesterday and my "admirer" B) from the weekend had brought in flowers and left an apology for making me so uncomfortable. B) He actually did a good job on the flowers too. Very unusual and pretty. I left them in the vase on the breakroom table for my co-workers to enjoy.

Guys, in case you are wondering, good job on the flowers means that:

He didn't get them from the buckets of flowers at the end of the grocery check out lines.

He didn't buy caranations.

He didn't buy daisy's. Gerbera Daisy's are ok, because they are vibrant and unusual.

He didn't buy three different bundles of different flowers and expect me to arrange them when I got them.

He didn't buy roses.

Why are emoticons limited on the PL forum? This is where I most like to use them, and yet I have to go about my posts everyday and take out what I've already chosen? B)

:clap: Tornados

A drawback to living on the plains in the spring it tornado season.

After enjoying all this gorgeous weather, sleeping with the windows open, some severe weather has brought some sizeable tornado action south of me.

Apparently a high school was hit and there are fatalities. :biggrin:

Ironically, this is often a debate between west coast "earthquake" people and midwesteners with their tornados.

"How can you live there, I'd be terrified!!"

Well yeah, tornadoes can be very terrifying, especially when you live in one of the "tornado alley's". But, unlike the west coast earthquakes, there USUALLY is a way to determine if a storm has the right conditions for a tornado to develope. You cannot predict or prepare for an earthquake.

I think I'm a tad more prepared than other people in this area, simply because my parents were and I followed their example.

I have extra clothes and food supplies in the basement, pull out sofa's in the basement to sleep on incase of a very active night, a radio, flashlights and a storage of camping supplies that I can use.

Lots of people used to tease me on this, but after 9/11, most came over to see how I have my items set up so that they could do something similar.

For anyone who does not understand the problem, the problem is not observing that sub-Saharan Africa has struggled since the end of colonialism. It is not compalining about rigged elections, and corrupt politians, and civil war, or even tribalism.

It is saying that nothing can be done short of reinstating the former racist regimes because the black African people are incapable of anything but corruption, and tribalism, and so forth.

That is racism.

It is about continuing to degrade people in this way.

It ignores the progress that has been made in many of these nations. It ignores the fact that not every nation in Africa is suffering from an AIDS epidemic. It ignores the increase in education, varying in different nations.

I don't remember him mentioning anything by color MJ.

Nothing at all.

Just because the leaders HAPPEN to be black, doesn't mean he is being racist.

There is a difference.

BTW-how do you know King isn't a minority himself? Would the perception be different then?

I've known him for nearly 2 years now, and I've never heard him speak or write a racist remark.

Sean, HRH the King is NOT a racist.

Generally very happy today. :clap: :biggrin: :clap:

Slept very deeply last night, with the rain sounding on the roof all night long. I love that.

My new signature is courtesy of My Sweet Beloved. I think he did an excellent job on it!! I just forgot to ask him which symbols he actually put into it. :o

The issue of racism has reared it's ugly head. Now I know there was no mention of race, religion or sex in the post in question, so it raises, what I consider to be some valid questions.

In the effort for people to be more sensitive to others, I believe in some situations, the pendulum has swung too far to the other side. The effort of becoming so aware of the wrongs attributed to others simply because their skin, religion or sex is considered a minority has gone beyond what is fair to all people's of this earth.

Now this isn't true all the time. It can be very hard to find a good balance in this situation. How do we make people understand that skin color, religion, sexual preference or sex is secondary to who the person actually is? And how do we make the people who are overly sensitive understand that just because someone is critical of another, it DOESN"T mean they are racist based on their skin, religion or sex or even sexual preference? It's a tough line to walk. If all parties could see with an open heart and mind, it would go a long way in rectifying this situation.

In doing a tad bit of reading on this, I came across somethings on Wikipedia. I'll post the link for anyone who may be curious to see what it had to say. I'm specifically posting the link to the page that lists ways there can be racism, and groups that are considered racist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism#Some_e..._alleged_racism

im good! im doing a ton of homework, and babysitting, but i feel good because i got some new comics and movies! i even got Lian to watch Smallville, Gilmore Girls, Batman (and Robin), and even Star Trek with me! of course then i had to watch stupid cartoons (i won't mention any of them right now, because i don't feel like offending anybody at the moment, because the worst cartoon in the world is one that people love).