Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madame Butterfly

Madame Butterfly's Personal Log

you might like it though....okay, it's Spongebob Squarepants and the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and some other stupid ones. it isn't as bad as it sounds. *prepares to be bombarded with statements like: 'no, that isn't bad, you suck!'*

67 degrees

mostly sunny out

Listening to Ted Nugents "Little Miss Dangerous"

What a great Saturday.

Played outdoor volleyball, went to some soccer/football matches, visited some old friends, got a bit sunburned.

One of my room mates apparently got some poison ivy, but she's embarrassed to tell how she got it!! :flowers:

For the record, I'm not of Asian decent. Madame Butterfly was something an old boyfriend called me as an endearment, as I Had gone as that for Halloween and that was where we first met. I saw a fairy avatar that had butterflies all around it, and it reminded me of that name.

:inlove::inlove::cloud9:

So sleeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

Another gorgeous day. :rofl:

Interesting day at work. I found the majority of my bosses were raised in Catholic school, as was I. We shared many interesting stories about "fast Catholic girls" and how we don't want our girls going to Catholic high schools. :hug:

Got a tad bit more sunburnt today, even with suntan lotion. :inlove:

I'm reading a good book.

It seems quiet on the IM systems tonight too.

It was a good day, just keeping it to myself again. :( :flowers: :P

I think what I find frustrating is that the net is a very EASY place for people to misjudge one another, to take a comment and read further into it simply because you can't see someones facial expression, or hear their voice tone and inflection.

Extra care needs to be taken before making judgments against other posters.

I know this from first hand experience. While one of my siblings was living overseas, we used the net for communicating, as the long distance fees are astronomical.

Well one comment got misconstrued. We didn't talk for nearly two years. And that only changed because my father died very unexpectedly and I realized that love was a bigger factor in the world and was more important than some stupid misunderstanding we had over the net.

I urge everyone to think before they react on the net. It certainly is worth the time and effort to take a deep breath, and perhaps write the message in a PM, or if it's family to just walk away for a time, and then spend the money to make a phone call and work things out.

Life is precious, life is short. It needn't be wasted on hasty judgments of others.

On another note, some of you may be glad to know that it isn't another gorgeous day!!! :lol:

It's raining out there, but as I planted some flowers this weekend, I'm glad to have it!!

The magnolia trees here are in bloom, as are the azaelia's, and forsythia. I love the bright shots of color they provide in the spring.

I went running last night, 5 miles. I put on 5 pounds last month, so I'm pushing the exercise even more now. I'm a tiny person so 5 pounds on me is like 20 on someone else.

Quote of the day:

""Admiration is a very short-lived passion, that immediately decays upon growing familiar with its object.""

~Joseph Addison, The Spectator

The rains have gone and it looks like the rest of the week is going to be "gorgeous"! :rofl:

I feel very much that my life is resting on the edge of a mountain top right now. That I am a huge boulder on the very tip of the mountain, that moves and wobbles with each strong breeze, and what ever I decide to do will impact my life for many years to come. That's pretty daunting!! :wow: Because I want only the best. I want to be truly on my path, to be extremely joyous, loved and for life to be a constant wonder.

Been delving into the second Jonathon Stroud book in the Bartimaeus Trilogy, "The Golem's Eye". I find that I have to be in the mood for Stroud's writing, but once I get past the first few chapters I am immersed in the story. I'll most likely finish it today and then won't have anything to read. :rofl::nono: Time to go to B & N to see if there is anything there. :wink2:

My nose is peeling ever so slightly and my freckles have popped out. :wow:

Quote of the day:

When you're in love you never really know whether your elation comes from the qualities of the one you love, or if it attributes them to her; whether the light which surrounds her like a halo comes from you, from her, or from the meeting of your sparks.

~Natalie Clifford Barney

As it is already April 15 in England, I would just like to wish

His Royal Highness, The King

:blink:

May you have many more and long may you reign!!! :wink2: :lol:

Quote of the Day:

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back.

--Barbara DeAngelis

Another gorgeous day.

Been working on business ideas with my friend. Things are going slowly, but each of us have some major factors in our personal lives that cannot be ignored.

We have an opportunity to "start" up in a center run by a friend. However, this friend is a tad anal, and seems us to do everything her way. So we've been discussing who will handle her, and it's fallen on me. :blink:

Quote of the Day:

Every creature is better alive than dead, men and moose and pine trees, and he who understands it aright will rather preserve its life than destroy it.

~Henry David Thoreau, "Chesuncook," The Maine Woods, 1848

:rolleyes: It's been a long busy day, and it's still not over. :)

I'd really like to snuggle up in bed next to my Beloved and relax and read a good book. ;)

Another gorgeous day here. I can feel the sun on my face, hope my freckles haven't come out in full force.

Did anybody read the article on the smoking chimpanzee in South Africa? Sad as it is, it is also comical that he's trying to bum them off of visitors to the zoo and he hides them from the zoo keepers. :blink:

Click For Spoiler
Zoo wants chimpanzee to stop smoking

Reuters

Apr. 14, 2005 12:01 PM

JOHANNESBURG - A South African zoo is trying to persuade its star chimpanzee to kick a bad smoking habit.

Charlie, a grown male chimp and the Bloemfontein Zoo, has been picking up cigarettes thrown to him by visitors and smoking them -- a habit he probably picked up by observing humans, zoo officials told the SAPA news agency on Thursday.

"Baby chimps pick up habits by mimicking adults and we think he started mimicking smokers at his enclosure which probably led to smokers throwing him cigarettes," spokesman Daryl Barnes told SAPA. advertisement

Barnes said Charlie was already showing the signs of a true nicotine addict.

"He even acts like a naughty schoolboy by hiding the cigarette when staff approach the area," Barnes said, adding that the zoo was determined to help him quit.

Barnes said the most important thing was that people stop providing Charlie with cigarettes or any other treats, noting the chimp already had three bad teeth because of all the cans of sweet soft drinks that people throw at him.

Charlie is not the only smoking chimpanzee. A zoo in the Chinese city of Zhengzhou reported last year that one of its chimps had taken up smoking and was desperately cadging cigarette butts off visitors.

Oh I'm recovered......well barely.  :)

It was a great day. Spent it with My Beloved.

No better way to celebrate my birthday.

;)  :blink:  :lol:

319175[/snapback]

:) Barely?? :rolleyes:

I'm afraid to ask what you did!! ;) B) :)

Just dropping by to say hi. How are you?

319285[/snapback]

Hello Cara!! :rolleyes:

I'm doing ok, thank you.

It's raining out right now, and it's smells so good. I'd be outside if it weren't though. After winter I have no desire to be indoors.

How are you?

Another gorgeous day!! <_<

Spent the day with my room mates.

Did some shopping, had lunch at an outdoor cafe, went to our favorite book store and had some fun there.