Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madame Butterfly

Madame Butterfly's Personal Log

Yes, some of the best cooks in the world are men.

And in studying children, the boys are doing the homey stuff too, cooking cleaning, caring after babies.

It's natural to nuture I think.

I am so grateful it is, I have a couple of nurturing people in my life, my best friend Stephanie, and my boyfriend.

Oh I heard you.

Do you have memory issues when your don't medicate regularly?

You're statement implies that because boys watch or play baseball, they are better at math.

Now that's just ridiculous.

That's like saying that because girls like to play kitchen as toddlers, we are predisposed to be better cooks. :laugh:

321277[/snapback]

okay, now the medication thing was downright mean. i didn't think you were that mean, actually.

and YOU guys made the inference, not me.

what do you want me to do? edit the post? say that boy AND girls (or GIRLs and boys, or should we make it downright simple and just say girls?) get better at math if the watch baseball (or softball)?

which reverts to the whole women should be tied to the kitchen sink theorem, which is utter bull

321286[/snapback]

look, i AM a girl, so therefore i have SOME say in this. i hate cooking, in fact, i despise it. i hate sports, too, but i like volleyball (are you saying that im sexist because i play volleyball, too?).

some of my boy friends cook very well, and heck, my dad is the cook of the family. my uncle is not only a carpenter, but he is also a baker!

I guess I want you to be able to back up what you say.

Yeah, isn't it weird Joe, how people think only women can be nurses? Or that mechanics can only be guys?

Is it sexism or is it conditioning by society?

Quote of the Day:

A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.

~James Allen

Not much happening today, just waiting for this fever to break, although I do feel better today.

My room mate, on the other hand, has been soaking in an oatmeal bath due to the itching brought about from the CP.

Been kind of fun to have someone to mess with while home today.

I'm a bit scrabbled out though. B)

Sorry you are under the weather....By the way.....how many boxes of oatmeal does it take to make an oatmeal bath?......just curious..

B)

I don't think you are an idiot.

I just think you haven't had the need for it.

SKIN RELIEF BATH TREATMENT

This bath treatment effectively relieves the itch associated with many minor skin irritations such as poison ivy/oak/sumac, insect bites, rashes and eczema, while soothing chicken pox and hives. It is made of 100% pure natural colloidal oatmeal — an ingredient long recognized for its ability to relieve itching — that AVEENO® mills into an ultra-fine powder. When dispersed in water, this powder forms a soothing milky bath that works as a natural cleanser, leaving your skin feeling softer and smoother while naturally relieving itchy, irritated skin. And, it's even gentle enough for sensitive skin.

Additional Product Benefits Include: skin protectant, fragrance free, soap free

ACTIVE NATURALS™

100% natural colloidal oatmeal, which is known for its soothing properties and ability to hold in moisture, has been finely milled to retain its natural integrity and purity to deliver soothing skin relief.

Quote of the Day:

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say "thank you?"

~William A. Ward

Today's been a day of reflection, of appreciating what is in my life, clearing out what no longer is necessary in my life, and beginning to manifest future things for my life.

Which is good, because the nursery just came and dumped yards and yards of mulch in my driveway!! B) I know what the rest of my week will be spent doing! Not much reflection time in gardening, mostly it makes me go into a type of meditative state and also makes me feel very grounded. B)

I'd have been worried if it had been manouer left in your drive. I'd have been worrying it were someones thoughts on a great womean, and thats just not on.

I'd have been worried if it had been manouer left in your drive. I'd have been worrying it were someones thoughts on a great womean, and thats just not on.

321736[/snapback]

Well UA, as I pay to have the mulch brought to me so the beds for gardening are in good shape, there was no worries about the manure!! B)

My neighbor has a horse, and when I really want to fertilize, he brings me manure from the barns.

There is noting quit like the smell of manure. Its great for the garden, but no so for the noise. B)

I believe they are closely related. The only difference is where is come from.

I believe they are closely related.  The only difference is where is come from.

321764[/snapback]

B)

Isn't mulch from trees and such?

Manure, well..................

Mulch doesn't go through an intestinal system does it?

It also comes from the cutting from grass, leaves from the tree, anything that got in your yard can be used a mulch. Also remember what the animals eat is almost the samething that you would put in mulch.

Quote of the Day:

To live anywhere in the world today and be against equality because of race or color is like living in Alaska and being against snow.

~William Faulkner, Essays, Speeches and Public Letters

It rained today!! :clap:

Why am I excited? :blink: :look:

Because that will make it easier for me to pull weeds before laying down that mulch!! :yahoo:

Simple things make me happy!! :lol: :blush 2:

Quote of the Day:

Eric Hoffer:

The capacity for getting along with our neighbor depends to a large extent on the capacity for getting along with ourselves. The self-respecting individual will try to be as tolerant of his neighbor's shortcomings as he is of his own.

Well it rained again, so no mulching for me, plus I think I have a mild case of my roomies chicken pox :look:

We've been gearing up for the Sith permiere here, watching a different Star Wars movie every night.

Tonight it's #6, which will always be #3 to me! :blink:

A friend of mine was going to go to the SW convention in Indianaplios last week but didn't because he just thought it would be boring without anyone "major" there.

Boy was he bummed when Lucas made an appearence. :clap: :lol:

Did I say that already? :yahoo:

Soppy Quote of The Day:

See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me.

~Gretchen Kemp~

Nice quote, reminds me of how I feel before and after seeing my man, might be why it resonates with me right now, I get to seehim tomorrow afternoon.

Nice quote, reminds me of how I feel before and after seeing my man, might be why it resonates with me right now, I get to seehim tomorrow afternoon.

322366[/snapback]

When my Beloved and I first met, he was daunted by the miles between us. He was afraid he would only be a memory to me, and of course he didn't want to be.

Until he realized we could make it work, this was one of the quotes I had given to him, to reassure him my love for him would never end, that I could never forget someone as loving and wonderful as he. :yahoo:

Quote of the Day:

Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worth while, so when you are lonely, remember this is true: Somebody, somewhere is thinking of you.

~Unknown~

Quote of the Day:

tell you i love you every day for fear that tomorrow isn't another.

~Unknown~

I learned that lesson ^ the hard way when my Dad died unexpectedly.

Spring has finally returned, and the rains have stopped [lucky it wasn't snow]

The crabapple trees have blossomed beautifully, simply gorgeous.

Today is my sister in laws birthday, and with being sick I've not gotten a card. :naughty: I hope she doesn't mind an e card then. :laugh:

Think I'm going to go work on a story.

Life has its ups and down. You can make it better by beliving in yourself. Only you can change your life.

^ probably to make you feel better or something? :naughty:

Just dropping in so say hi. Is your screen name from the dance, Madama Butterfly?

No.

I met a man at a Halloween party that I went to dressed as a geisha, and he had dubbed me his "madame butterfly".

It didn't work out, he eventually became a priest, :naughty: [yes, my brothers tease me about that all the time] But the nickname stuck.