Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Odie

Odie's Personal Logs

Take:

Alavert-D or in replacement any substitute loratadine and four pseudophedrine HydroChloride (HCL)

OR

Benadryl cold and sinus

AND

robitussin

AND

Corticidin HBP

DO NOT TAKE BOTH THE FIRST AND THE SECOND!!!

Ginger and honey in hot water also helps.....

Thanks, WAB. :blink: I am better now.

Alavert-D or in replacement any substitute loratadine and four pseudophedrine HydroChloride (HCL)
They don't sell it in the store on base or was sold out. :laugh:

Benadryl cold and sinus
Puts me to sleep. With my job I can't be falling a sleep. Someone can get killed. -no joking on this one. :o

robitussin
Not even someone tried me to a chair will I take it.

Corticidin HBP
They don't sell it in the store on base.

Ginger and honey in hot water also helps.....
I had something close to that. I am so glad the tug that I am has lots of honey.

I hate long work weeks. The only day that I didnt have a job to was on Sunday, and I had duty on that day. There are five jobs tomorrow. It looks like I have to take some leave to get stuff I need to gone, beacause if the jobs contiune at this I will get nothing done.

I have my itinerary to San Diego! :P :P I can now book my hotel room in San Diego. :)

:) :P :) :hug::hug::hug::hug:

I have my itinerary to San Diego!  :)  :hug:  I can now book my hotel room in San Diego.  :P

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :P  :)  :)  :P

297279[/snapback]

WOOHOO!!!

That's great news! You're gonna love San Diego!

I got my hotel room book through Priceline.com. Wow I saved close to $300.00! :P

I got my Welcome Aboard Letter from the CO of the USS John Paul Jones. :lol: It states "QM1 Odien congratulations on your assignment to USS John Paul Jones (DDG 53). You have been selected to join the best ship in the Navy and I am confident that you have what it takes to make it even better." There rest of the letter just contains e-mail and phone numbers. It not like I have been in contact with the ship since October of last year.

My screening almost done. Like medical hasn't been saying this for the last two weeks. :spock: I am hoping to get the screening done this week. :laugh: Today I visited the physical therapist to see if he could speed-up the screening by say that I am fit for full duty, and also tell them that I can walk up and down ladder well, stand long watches, and take lame jokes from officers.

I just found out a few days ago that the deployment will happen sooner than I thought. Which is fine with me, but it means I really don't have much time to look for a place to live, and find a dog sitter for Astro. I have friends in San Diego, but I do hope I can find a place to stay with in a month. It shouldn't be a problem.

I just found out a few days ago that the deployment will happen sooner than I thought.  Which is fine with me, but it means I really don't have much time to look for a place to live, and find a dog sitter for Astro.  I have friends in San Diego, but I do hope I can find a place to stay with in a month.  It shouldn't be a problem.

298183[/snapback]

B) Thats great news dawn..i know how much you have been looking forward to re-deployment,i just hope you can find a place quick enough in SD for you and Astro B) ...i hope everything else is going ok its been a pain not being able to get online to chat but i will be back :) ...take care dawn talk to you soon B) B)

Thanks, Daniel. I hope finding apartment in SD will less painful than my screening. B) Hopefully we can chat on Saturday, because I have duty that day. B)

Starting Monday I have another leardership class to go. It will be from Jan 31st to Feb 11th. During that time I won't have to stand duty! :)

I have another leardership class to go today! :) The class is from Jan 31st to Feb 11th. That means no duty day and no ship movements for me. :(

I had really bad morning. I wake-up this morning with a migraine. I was very nausea as well. :lol: It was not a good picture. Astro was there for me. It took me all day to get raid this headache.

I had really bad morning.  I wake-up this morning with a migraine.  I was very nausea as well.  :lol:  It was not a good picture.  Astro was there for me.  It took me all day to get raid this headache.

299429[/snapback]

*massive hugs* B) ...i hope your feeling some what better now dawn,magraine suck at least once every 2 weeks i get one and the best thing i have found is just to lay down in a dark room :lol:

I had really bad morning.  I wake-up this morning with a migraine.  I was very nausea as well.  :lol:   It was not a good picture.  Astro was there for me.  It took me all day to get raid this headache.

299429[/snapback]

*massive hugs* B) ...i hope your feeling some what better now dawn,magraine suck at least once every 2 weeks i get one and the best thing i have found is just to lay down in a dark room :lol:

299455[/snapback]

I feel better, but it took all day. I couldn't go into a dark room, because I had to go to work. That is the one area that I don't like about military life. I still have to go into work if I don't feel well.

aww that is not fair if u ask me,,,,, how on star trek angel one ( :lol: ) can u work if ur ill? starship captains wouldn't make you

That is life in the military. If I wasn't getting any better I would have gone to Medical. Most likely they would have given me an IV with something for the migraine and for the nausea. Because of the medication that might have given me, I might have go home for 24 hours before reporting back to work.

Today I re-enlisted for another 4 years. It went well. I got an pen, coupon book, old picture of the base, my discharge paper, enlistment papers, and a plack congratuting me on my enlistement. On one side of the plack it says in English and the other side in Japanese:

"Any man who may be asked what he did to make his life worthwhile can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, in saying... "I served in the United States Navy"

President John F. Kennedy, 1963 Naval Academy Graduation

Congratulations on your reenlistment, Yokosuka, Japan, 03 February 2005

Right now I am taking another leardership class. While taking the class I have e-learning courses to take. The e-learning courses can fun and very interesting when I can get access to them. It had taken me all day just to get on the web page. :) I am just glad that I have two more courses to finish and I am done.

@Lursa, thanks. :) The military and the Navy is not for everyone.

Hey Odie. Good to see you again. Woo Hoo I'm finally on line at home. I even got hi-speed internet and it's great. However my pc is still having problems and is going into the shop on Saturday I think. Are you still in Japan or have you made it to San Diego yet? Well, I'll see you later. Peace be with you.

I am still in Japan for a couble more weeks than I am in San Deigo. I really can't wait!

Why with all this new training material they are still as lame as the old stuff? :bow: