Sign in to follow this  
HRH The KING

(WWE) World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.

Rednecks are not confined to the SE United States - nor are all Southerners rednecks.

I never said they were all rednecks. But the origin of the term comes from that part of the United States. It is true that many extreme racist groups in the United States (in this case White Supremicists) are now based in the North-Western US, but they tend to be more associated with the "militia" and "survivalist" fringe element.

304441[/snapback]

And how does racism fit into a discussion of the term redneck?

Actually, I just did a search if I could find any info on the term. I always thought it was derived from sunburned necks of manual laborers - which is one possible theory. A couple of others I found were the red bandanas worn by protesting mine-workers and the red bandanas worn by supporters of a particular politician.

In fact, this idea that the English are "proper" who wouldn't be seen surrounded by wrestling is precisely the basis behind William Regal's entire character. He's played the same basic character throughout his American career.

304449[/snapback]

I Suppose The Same Idea Is Being Applied To Hussan?

It is indeed.

Hassan started as basically an Arab-American (which he is, and his real name is Mark Magnus) who felt aggreived at the treatment he was receiving in the US, which had the potential to be a very thoughtful character.

But now he's been turned into "The Iron Sheik 2005" and that's a real shame. Vince has this tendency to resort to "Cheap Gimmicks 101" when he feels pressure.

It is indeed.

Hassan started as basically an Arab-American (which he is, and his real name is Mark Magnus) who felt aggreived at the treatment he was receiving in the US, which had the potential to be a very thoughtful character.

But now he's been turned into "The Iron Sheik 2005" and that's a real shame. Vince has this tendency to resort to "Cheap Gimmicks 101" when he feels pressure.

304452[/snapback]

Yeah...I Think I'm Seeing That. And On SD, Like You Mentioned Earler...No Respect For The CW Division.

Well, Gonna Go Play Rumble Roses, lol

Cya :waaaa:

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

See Ya!!! :waaaa:

Sorry, I didn't see this post:

And how does racism fit into a discussion of the term redneck?

Because generally the term has been related to certain racist groups in the Southern States of the USA or white supremicist attitudes in the former Confederate states. It's only been in recent years that Southerners have started to reclaim the name as part of their traditions in a sense, like the Confederate Battle Flag.

I always thought it was derived from sunburned necks of manual laborers - which is one possible theory. A couple of others I found were the red bandanas worn by protesting mine-workers and the red bandanas worn by supporters of a particular politician.

Yes, the "sunburned necks" is the theory I have heard too.

Edited by The King

Yeah!!!

And the South gave the wrestling business Stone Cole Steve Austin!!!!!

:lol:  :yahoo:

.....although....it also gave us Scott Hall  :laugh:  :wow:  :lol:  :yahoo:

304583[/snapback]

Hey Man, Scott Hall Used To Be Pretty Cool....

He did indeed.

But he totally self destructed.

It's a shame actually because his character and promos were priceless.

The character "Carlito Caribbean Cool" is almost entirely based on "Razor Ramon" right down to the vignettes we saw before Carlito joined the WWE.

Those little video clips where we saw Carlito spitting in the old guy's face and so forth.

Those are called "vignettes".

Before Scott Hall joined the WWE, they showed something very similar where he walked up to a market stall and just took a bite out of everything and walked away.

Then he turned to the camera and said something like:

"Chico's, for you, doing something like dat would get you arrested, but when Razor does it, it's......O.....K"

:yahoo::yahoo:

It was a looooooonnnnnnggggg time ago.

Around 1992 I think.

Even the voice was similar. :yahoo:

Though I do remember he had a car in those videos. It looked like a low-rider.

Edited by The King

No Way Out thoughts

Decent matches for the most part, except for the Undertaker/Reigns and BookerT/Heidenreich borefests.

Undertaker needs a new character direction quickly. He MUST go back to the Biker gimmick and lose the frickin eyeliner. Heidenreich should just go away and never be seen again. Reigns is useless and so are Michael Cole's bullcrap stories about him.

Eddie was hilarious in his match. A pretty good Tag match. The tag team division needs major work.

Kurt and Cena was solid. Cena's time has come now and at WM, he should be crowned the WWE's next big star along with Batista. When he wins the WWE title from JBL, that should be the main event.

JBL and Big Show had a nice bloodbath. Weak ending though. Big Show needs to lose half his bodyweight. He was puffing like an old steam engine after about eight seconds of that match. JBL is a decent champion who should be proud of his reign when it ends at Mania. He should also dump some weight and learn some new moves and become more mobile.

Everything with the "Divas" was a waste of screentime. Surely Vince should use that brain he has below his toupee and skull and realise that no one gives a flying frick about these bimbos. These segments of the show took precious screentime away from the Cruiserweights. The cruiserweight division is officially IMO dead.

Edited by The King

Yeah!!!

And the South gave the wrestling business Stone Cole Steve Austin!!!!!

:lol:  :yahoo:

.....although....it also gave us Scott Hall  :laugh:  :wow:  :lol:  :yahoo:

304583[/snapback]

Thats true they gave us Steve but scott hall wasnt bad in his day :)

Btw i have a Stone cold waist coat with REDNECK on it .lol

Overall, I thought the CW match was excellent.

Paul London in particular was awesome, with his top rope neckbreaker on Akio and his vicious 450 on some poor victim.

I still think more time was needed though.

Though, Paul London does bear a striking resemblance to Mowgli from the Jungle Book and Big Show looks like Baloo.

i have a Stone cold waist coat with REDNECK on it

:yahoo::yahoo::laugh:

Edited by The King

I've also decided that after WrestleMania, they should unify the brands.

There are many potential feuds that are being wasted right now with the seperation.

Wrestlers can become injured very quickly so it's too much of a risk to seperate the roster.

When Smackdown ends on UPN at the end of the year, there will be no need for the show anymore and the rosters could be merged then.

Yeah...I Wish They Would Merge Them.

Oh Hey..Did Ya Notice That During The Cena/Angle Match, When The Ref Was Knocked Down, The Crowd Started Chanting "HBK HBK HBK"? :jem'hadar:

Random RAW thoughts:

- Chris Masters: Let's see, black trunks, white boots, overmuscled physique and uses the Full Nelson as a finisher. I know who he is!!!! He's the 2005 version of HERCULES!!!!!!

All they need is Paul Roma and Slick and they can reform POWER AND GLORY!!!!!

- Batista: Good storyline that has been allowed to build slowly. He's massively over with the fans and this new "cool" image he has gives him that "star look" that all main eventers need. He needs to work on his mike skills and learn some new moves though (power moves, he doesn't need to be learning complex leg holds), but I can't help feel that his reign as "WCW" champ won't last more than two weeks after WM21. I hope I'm wrong.

- Yet another women's match ruined by Jerry Lawler. :jem'hadar: BTW- The ENTIRE women's division was in the ring for that match. Yes that's right....all three of them.

- Tyson Tomko, someone please force this guy to shave his chin. I have a theory. I think he's trying to beat Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart's record of having the longest pointed goatee in the world. If they don't shave his chin soon, he'll be using his beard to sweep the floors.

Gene Snitsky: Why is this guy still employed? I watched RAW and noticed he can't even bodyslam someone properly.

- I noticed Ric Flair fiddling with Triple H's lapels in a backstage skit. Now, don't tell me he's started to DRESS Triple H now!!! Can't HHH do ANYTHING on his own?

:batman::batman::batman:

Edited by The King

Overall, I think it was a terrific episode of Raw.

AWESOME main event between Edge and HBK.

A shocking bloodbath and a vicious beating from Angle.

That's the match I'm looking forward to the most at WMXXI.

Piper's Pit with Stone Cold should certainly be "interesting". If I were Piper, I'd start losing some weight quickly, because he's definately going to be hit with a Stunner and he better sell it well.

I KNEW Hogan would not let a chance for some publicity at a WrestleMania in LA be passed up without some kind of involvement.

Maybe he'll bring his daughter with him to sing "America The Beautiful" :) :)