Sign in to follow this  
HRH The KING

(WWE) World Wrestling Entertainment Inc.

Yep i have that tape..flair comes in with a chair and undertaker tombstone's him on it and every time you see flair with his wcw belt on it is smuged out so you cant see it.

-laughs-

Well at that time he actually owned the belt, because every reigning WCW champion put a cash deposit on the belt (which was designed to stop them stealing it and going to a different company while wearing it). When he was released from WCW, they never gave him back his money, so he took it with him. :laugh:

The Texas tornado 

Did you know he only had one foot???

He lost his right foot in a car crash in the late 80's and never told anyone outside his close family.

During a untelevised match in 1991, another wrestler pulled off his right boot and he had no foot, just a stump. He wore a prosthetic foot until he killed himself in 1993.

Edited by The King

Well. RAW Was Pretty Good Tonight IMO. The Scene Between Batista & HHH Was Great! :blink:

And Uh..

Click For Spoiler
There Was A Scene With Kane & Trish. I Was Sitting There Marking Out And Everything Yelling "Choke Slam That B!#$%!!" :devil2:

Anyhoo......Can Ya Hear That? They're Chanting J.B.L. J.B.L. :laugh:

Yep i have that tape..flair comes in with a chair and undertaker tombstone's him on it and every time you see flair with his wcw belt on it is smuged out so you cant see it.

-laughs-

Well at that time he actually owned the belt, because every reigning WCW champion put a cash deposit on the belt (which was designed to stop them stealing it and going to a different company while wearing it). When he was released from WCW, they never gave him back his money, so he took it with him. :)

The Texas tornado 

Did you know he only had one foot???

He lost his right foot in a car crash in the late 80's and never told anyone outside his close family.

During a untelevised match in 1991, another wrestler pulled off his right boot and he had no foot, just a stump. He wore a prosthetic foot until he killed himself in 1993.

297097[/snapback]

:P No i had know idea he only had one foot....d.amn and that guy could wrestle hard :P

Yeah, he could. His brother Kevin was also a very good wrestler.

Unfortunately, Kerry spent most of his adult life in a drug induced state and was out of touch with reality.

He was found guilty of drug possession and forging prescriptions while on probation for earlier drug charges and he knew that he was going to be sent to prison. He then took a gun and killed himself.

:P

Yeah, he could. His brother Kevin was also a very good wrestler.

Unfortunately, Kerry spent most of his adult life in a drug induced state and was out of touch with reality.

He was found guilty of drug possession and forging prescriptions while on probation for earlier drug charges and he knew that he was going to be sent to prison. He then took a gun and killed himself.

:P

297220[/snapback]

:) Yeah i heard the same thing about him..its a shame really but most of the wrestlers from his time are now hooked on drugs,i watched a progarm on bbc world a few months ago some english guy went to the US and did a documentry on wrestlers,they interviewed jake roberts who was hooked on crack and was wrestling for 50 bucks a time :P ...thats wrestling one min your a superstar the next your living in drive-in motels.

I know what you're saying Hang.

The life of the average wrestler is hard.

It's a life of endless hotel rooms and nights on the road.

"Beyond The Mat" shows that very explicitly.

Hey Guys, Who Can You Say Is The Single Most Biggest Joke In Wrestling?

You know Sam, that has GOT to be Triple H. :P :)

I know what you're saying Hang.

The life of the average wrestler is hard.

It's a life of endless hotel rooms and nights on the road.

"Beyond The Mat" shows that very explicitly.

Yeah i have seen that as well about 2 months ago...very intresting docu :P

Hey Guys, Who Can You Say Is The Single Most Biggest Joke In Wrestling?

Hehe good question sam..hmmm lets see pre 1990 i would have to say the Honky tonk man :) what a butt head he was :P

And from the last 15 years i have 2 HHH and spike dudly but i will give spike respect i have seen him get the crap beat of him and still come back for more :) :hug:

I liked the Honky Tonk Man. He had little or no wrestling ability, but still charismatic with a hilarious gimmick. I loved the whole "Elvis and the Colonel" thing with Jimmy Hart.

From 1987 just before WrestleMania III when he hit Jake Roberts with a REAL guitar, almost killing him, to getting squashed by the Ultimate Warrior for the IC title at SummerSlam 88 in about sixteen seconds, he was awesome.

I read his articles on his website from time to time, and he always has something interesting to say, even if most of it is about how much he hates his cousin Jerry Lawler.

:spock:

:laugh: :lol:

Some random Royal wrestling thoughts.

The Royal Rumble line up:

The match itself will almost certainly be won by Batista, which may not be a bad thing because the fans seemed to have taken to him, even though the man is a steroid induced heart attack just waiting to happen.

But I will say this for him. His t-shirt looks pretty cool:

37002pi.jpg

The Defunct WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match

"Triple Bypass" versus Randy Orton. I think we all know what will happen here.

The WWE are pushing a HHH/Batty match at WrestleManiaXXI so it means ANOTHER HHH PPV win.

WWE Championship Match

JBL vs Kurt Angle vs The Big Show.

This might have been a semi decent match if it were simply JBL versus Kurt Angle, but sadly for them, they've been stuck with the Big Turd.

The last time the Big Show was involved in a world class match, he was watching Randy Savage versus Ricky Steamboat on a WrestleMania III videotape, while sitting on his bed eating his sixth cheeseburger.

The Casket Match: Undertaker vs. Heidenreich

For the fans in the arena, this will be a nice chance to get up, take a leak, wash their hands, go for a little walk, get a Coke, buy a hotdog, maybe buy a replica belt, and take a stroll then come back and maybe get a "Wave" going around the top tier while these two shower buddies try to shove each other into a box.

The Undertaker deserves his name because he's great at boring people to "death".

Underseller has been useless since he ditched the biker gimmick. "Princess Heidi Of The Third Reich" has always been useless. Hopefully they'll both be put into the coffin together, so Heidenreich can make "Undie" his second "prison buddy" after Michael Cole.

Shawn Michaels VS. Edge

The Heartbreak "Middle-Aged Man" is losing his hair faster than the Dead Sea is losing water, but between himself and Edge, this should be the best match of the night.

Edited by The King

Shawn Michaels VS. Edge

The Heartbreak "Middle-Aged Man" is losing his hair faster than the Dead Sea is losing water, but between himself and Edge, this should be the best match of the night.

297954[/snapback]

Yup. This Is The Match I'll Pay The Mosty Attention To. *Remembers HBK vs Y2J At WM19* :spock:

And I Think I Liked Undertaker's Ministry Chartacter Better.

post-139-1106533527.jpgpost-139-1106533590.jpg

Yeah, I liked that character too.

The problem with this "dead cowboy" gimmick he uses now is that it's not quite the Biker thing and it's not entirely the Deadman thing.

It's sort of halfway and it just doesn't work.

Yeah, I liked that character too.

The problem with this "dead cowboy" gimmick he uses now is that it's not quite the Biker thing and it's not entirely the Deadman thing.

It's sort of halfway and it just doesn't work.

298003[/snapback]

Yeah...I Mean...I'm Still A Fan...But...When I Saw Him At WM20...He Looked Ridiculous.. :spock:

Me too, I was really disappointed.

:spock:

Something occured to me the other day. Why didn't they give the Mordacai gimmick to Heidenreich?

At least it would have given him some kind of character and personality.

I'll never forget the last time Foley & Undertaker fought. It was one of the most incredible matches I've ever seen. It truly established Foley as "God" of wrestling.

I don't know. I'd like to see those two in a match at Mania just to boost the event which I'm already got a bad feeling over.

I think that Mick Foley damaged wrestling more than he helped it. I tend to agree with Jim Cornette, that after seeing him thrown onto thumb tacks and all that extreme stuff, it's almost impossible to match or outdo and the other wrestlers on the roster just end up getting injured trying to live up to that stuff.

I liked Foley as a character the most as Mankind. As "Mick Foley" the author and occasional wrestler who dresses so badly, I think he's boring. I'm sick of him plugging his books and even his mike work is pretty poor. The guy in all honesty has zero wrestling ability. I agree with Ric Flair when he said that Foley is basically a stunt-man, though Flair himself is an embaressment to wrestling after releasing his book which praised Vince McMahon, HHH and the WWE and his current antics on Raw, in addition to his "virgin" comments a few months back. Also his tantrum during the Silver Vision interview and his petty squabble with Bret Hart also tarnish his reputation.

Yeah I agree.

Mick Foley could have wrestled for a few more years if he hadn't been so reckless over the years.

He didn't innovate "hardcore" wrestling as some people have claimed, but he HAD to do that, because he had no actual wrestling talent.

Hardcore wrestling sucks anyway. All this crap with hitting people over the heads with dustbin lids and brooms and bowling balls.

B)

You were???? B)

DOH!!!! B)

Well, you're right about that in regards to Ric Flair too.

The man seems oblivious to the fact that he's destroying his legacy as one if not THE greatest wrestler of all time.

On Raw last night, he was a joke. Getting down on his knees and bowing to HHH and constantly smiling and grinning like a moron.

We can all see that Batista is thinking "What have you become you sad pathetic fool?".

The most pathetic thing about it is that when Flair says "HHH is the best wrestler alive", HHH actually believes it.

It's a far cry away from this:

flair2.jpg

Edited by The King

It is.

This role that he currently plays should be like what Harley Race played when he "managed" Lex Luger in 1992 in WCW, where they were both portrayed as dangerous heels.

Instead, he's like a old saggy and flabby cheerleader for HHH. If he toned it down a lot, and just interfered in matches and other heel manager antics at ringside, he would be more effective and could keep his dignity, but somehow, I doubt HHH would allow him to do that, because with this current role Flair plays, HHH gets his *** kissed every week.

Actually, it might not be a bad idea to bring in Harley Race to be Batista's manager, which would add some credibility to their upcoming feud.

THAT is how old wrestler's should be used in the WWE. Not as people sitting in the crowd and getting spat at in the face like Orton did to Race. Not as backstage jabronis who occasionally break up "fights" like Arn Anderson has allowed himself to be used, but as mouthpieces and heel managers for those guys like Batista, who are very impressive physically, but not great on the mike, though Batista is OK.

Old wrestlers and those like Austin and Angle who cannot wrestle to any significant degree should also be used as heads of "factions" of a few wrestlers, especially those who aren't getting a lot of screentime. The best factions should always consist of the following:

1- The "Leader", this is basically the manager or mouthpiece.

2- The "Main Eventer", this is the guy who will challenge for the World Title.

3- The "Hot-Shot"- A young mid-level guy who will be placed for a I-C title challenge.

4- The "Tag Team"- Devoted entirely to the tag division. NEVER as singles wrestlers.

5- The "Enforcer"- A big guy who challenges for nothing, but interferes in matches and beats the crap out of people. Basically a bodyguard.

These are usually ALWAYS heel squads. No more than five in a squad is needed.

I would say perhaps eight of those squads would be needed.

That would strengthen the roster.

The Cruiserweights would have NOTHING to do with factions. They would be run seperately.

If you had a Women's division, then they also would be operated seperately. Heel women wrestlers like Trish Stratus could in theory also hang around with a faction, but a better idea would be to team a heel female wrestler up with the "Arrogant Charismatic Heel", like she was with Christian.

Guys like that would also form another catagory and wouldn't usually be part of a faction, or then again, they might. Face women wrestlers could also be attached to face wrestlers, like Liz and Macho (although she wasn't a wrestler), though it's probably best if face women wrestlers were "Strong Independent Women" who stood alone and did their own interviews and such without any male presence.

The rest of the roster would be made up as follows:

1- The "Lone Wolf Bad Guy"- With or without manager. If they had a female manager, she would need to be a "b***h" like Sensational Sherri. They would be rock hard serious. No jokes, no messing around. Although they could add some humour, but it would be sinister humour like "I'm gonna break this guy in half and p**s on his grave" or something like that. They would need to be technically proficient and have very good mike skills. The example would be Undertaker, or Kane.

2- The "Anti-Heroic Good Guy"- You couldn't have a "nice guy" anymore. All faces would need to have a "attitude". Weirdly in wrestling, you get more cheers by saying "I'm the best, and these fans look like hobos" than if you actually gave the fans compliments. Again, good mike and in-ring skills are needed. No manager. The Rock, Steve Austin, Chris Jericho and Goldberg fit into this catagory.

3 - The "Jabronis"- These are squash wrestlers. Guys who are there simply there to be killed by the better known wrestlers. These are crap wrestlers like the Brooklyn Brawler. I wouldn't advise using guys like Val Venis as jobbers or "jobbers to the stars" as they are called, because they could be either utilised in a more constructive way or simply traded to another company for some new talent.

RE: Kurt, he CAN wrestle in some capacity, but his in-ring career is winding down. His neck injuries are now beyond salvage and at some point this year, he will have to retire because ONE bad move right now could cripple the guy. This is also something that the WWE need to stamp out. This attitude of "I'm in the zone, and I'll work through the pain". NO!!!!, if a guy is injured, he is benched until he is fully fit.

Edited by The King

Yeah, those things I outlined are basic booking ideas that seem to have been ignored or forgotten by "WWE Creative" (which is a contradiction in terms B)).

Yeah, Kurt has had recurring neck problems for a long time now. He could have had all his vertebre discs fused, but that would have ended his wrestling career.

So he decided to have a less serious surgery which worked for a short time, but after a while, he began to lose sensation in his fingers and hands. Eventually, the muscles in his left arm, I believe, began to degrade.

I understand he's serious athlete and legitimately the hardest toughest guy in the WWE, but he has to be realistic. He's seriously hurt, and needs to stop now.

That's why a new style must be brought into the WWE. They need smaller guys, more technical wrestling, and more character work on the mike. They need a reduced schedule, they are simply wrestling too many matches which takes a toll on their bodies.

The road schedule needs to be adjusted too. Rather than making the wrestlers drive from city to city and arrange their own accomodation and meals etc, they WWE need to take care of that. They WWE should keep all it's wrestlers together in the same hotel, and pay for their food and probably take them around from city to city in a number of coaches and "team buses". This would remove an unnecessary worry for the wrestlers and would allow them to recover from niggling injuries.

The roster needs to be treated like a soccer team, rather than as seperate individuals. Travel together, train together, and look out for each other too, while on the road.

-laughs-

I wish I could.

It wouldn't cost that much for the WWE to do these things. Also, things like pensions for retired wrestlers, Insurance provided by the WWE for wrestlers and their families who get injured in the ring and cannot compete anymore. Greater rest periods for wrestlers instead of House Shows every night, TV tapings, Live Shows and PPV's every second week, not to mention various PR appearences and so forth. They are simply working too much and that's why they get injured.

B) B)

I'll give you a soccer example. When Arsene Wenger took over as manager of Arsenal FC in the FA Premiership. He did a few things that revolutionised the club. The players had to eat right, no alcohol, no smoking, no junk food, no late nights, no trouble with the law, he upgraded the training facilities, he brought in the latest technologies and facilities for his players, their training schedule was reduced, he cut the stale talent and brought in new hungry players for very little money who had the desire to prove themselves. The players traveled together as a team, same hotels, ate together and they were made to feel like a family rather than a bunch of mercenaries. This extended the older players careers by many years, and the younger players could be more successful and wealthier and retire with financial security with their health intact because they could retire earlier if they chose to do so.

Those things need to be applied to the WWE. It will improve morale and the wrestlers health, which will mean big profits for the WWE, providing of course (and this is the key issue) the creative side of the company can deliver the material.

B)

Edited by The King

One more vital thing I should mention.

Drugs.

The WWE must adopt a ZERO tolerance policy on drugs.

Anyone caught taking them is fired immediately.

Also, they must wipe out steroid use in the WWE. Those lead to all sorts of health problems and early deaths. If it means having more realistic looking talent as opposed to the musclemen then so be it, and that's good.

Also, cutting the drug use and also some of the questionable angles like sexual stuff and tasteless material (which NEVER draws money anyway) would be good for the WWE in terms of business, since it will attract more big money sponsors for the company and it's shows.

In fact, the WWE should be trying to attract sporting companies like Nike, Adidas etc to be sponsors, that would bring more financial stability and make Vince think twice about another "Katie Vick" storyline, which means wrestling fans will get higher quality material to watch.