Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cptwright

THE WRIGHT STATE OF MIND

thanks RC, well today was the first day of P.T. and boy it was fun, NOT. also the first day we were asked to kiss concrete. that was also fun, NOT. boy im outta shape, the run was ok, not good, ok, but the pushups and situps were ............... ouch. but at the end of six months im gonna feel much better, and stronger, so im gonna make it through this i know. i cant beleive im finally here doing what ive wanted to do for a long long time. or kinda doin it, we start emt on monday, and cpr this friday. i am beat right now, but love the weather and just happy to be here so its a good beat. actually watching enterprise as i type, this is the first time since last season.

THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know i know i wanted this, and i still do but my arms, my chest, and my stomach, oh and my thighs are hatin me right now. my god man i knew i wasnt in great shape but i didnt think i was this pathetic. ouch. oh well give me a couple of more weeks, and hopefully it wont hurt so much, and ill be a lot better at it all. i know the p.t. aint gonna kill me only make me better. but damn i didnt join the marines. lol. i know it aint that bad. but things are going ok, i know even more so now that as soon as the academy is oveer im gonna so love this job even more than i imagined. its definatley different being down here, and taking some getting used to with out my buddies, and now its firday and i have no buddies to go out with as my usual back in ny. oh well that'll change someday i need to concentrate more on my work than that. so hows life treatin ya'll? good i hope talk to ya'll later.

PEACE

well today was a rather uneventful day, had to read four chapters in my emt book, excitement at its best, really though it aint that bad, im gonna enjoy it im sure as the time moves on, and i stop worrying about stupid crap. its just so different here, its gonna take some getting used to without my friends and so on, but im making new ones, and im glad to be with the family that im with, and my godson matt is so awsome, now i get to watch him grow up. i still cant beleive that im doing this, and that im gonna be administering i.v.'s and some drugs, and all that. i never thought id see the day that i did that kind of thing, as part of my fire job none the less. its so surreal. the more time goes by the more it sinks in and i really do start to love the whole idea of it all even more than when it was just a wish in ny.

well today we got a little more into the EMT class, got an 84 on my quiz today. last night i was dead, i couldnt even read my book last night, i just had to go to bed, at least i passed the quiz today, i do much better with hands on anyway, i always have been that way, i can read about something and figure it out, but show me how to do it, and im there no problem. im a hands on type of guy. today isnt much better as far as that goes, i try to read, and i just keep bobbing my head 0600 comes way to early. and a nice long day at the academy doesnt help, but im not regreting a thing, i love it. in six months im gonna be a proby not a rookie. :clap: so its all good.

finally a friday night down here andim getting to know the neighbors well. i geuss that mneans im a litte tipsy. so hows llife with the rest of ya, ill find out tomorrow. goodnight.

PEACE

well its saturday and im going to hooters for dinner, had a pretty good time last night, took my little cousin to a movie, then went to the neighbors for a birthday party last night. had a good time, and obvious by my last entry i got a little drunk, unintentionally of course. i didnt eat anything last night in anticipation of going to get wings at hooters, that didnt happen so i had a few drinks on an empty stomach, ouch. oh well had a good time anyway. so im off again tonight going with my aunt and her boyfriend. should be a good time went and spent money on clothes today at the mall, that i probably shouldnt of but oh well. i left a lot of my GOOD clothes in ny accidently and wont be able to get them till the end of august. so i bought some today. well im off.

PEACE

well its sunday night back to work/school tomorrow. just got done doing a little reading, cant keep my eyes open any longer, off to bed. went out on the boat for a while today, its a great thing i tell ya, did some tubing on the "jumbo dog" looks like a giant hot dog on a bun. lost my brand new watch i just bought two weeks ago, so tonight had to go back to walmart, and buy the exact same watch i bought two weeks ago, gotta have a watch for work, dont want to have to carry around a sledgehammer again for another two weeks, and add pushups to our pushup count box. oh and i also got a sting from a jelly fish today, but all in all i still had a good day. its nice to have a bad day, and still take it as a good day. well goodnight people. have a good one.

well here we are another day come and gone. things are getting interesting, at the academy. but alas, im having a hard time keeping my eyes open to be able to read all ive got to read at home. i also am really hating that some of the classmates dont take this so seriously, and we get punished for their stupidity. oh well its something i gotta live with, and i dont mind having to do the pushups or anything anymore, but i do wish that some of them would start taking this academy and job seriously so the rest of us wouldnt have to pay for it. cest' la vie

well here comes my string of bad luck again. well at least it looks like it. yesterday during P.T. i was running and felt a weird sensation in my lower abdominals, and didnt think too much of it at first but throughout the day there was some pain and so on involved with walking or moving the right way, so i reported it as were supposed to, left it at that, well today there was quite a bit of swelling, and discomfort, it now looks like i may have a hernia. so when i go in tomorrow morning i have to tell my LT that i need to go to get it checked out. seeing as i had a physical a month ago and all was well, if it is a hernia it is obviously work related, i hope to god that they find a way to keep me on and let me go through the next academey if i cant continue in this one. it figures this is the only thing that has gone right for me in so long, and now this. well keep me in your thoughts and prayers please and i hope this does work out.

PEACE

thank you for your well wishes, well today i found out it is a hernia, i have an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow morning. although my captain who is a great guy assured me today i will and do have a job, and that they "broke me, they'll fix me, and that i am now a part of the norfolk fire family" so i feel much better, and that just reafirms why i wanted the job to begin with, people that take care of eachother like family. he said worse case, i play glorified secratary for a few months till either an academy in oct, or the next one in janurary. it takes a whole lot longer to finish, but at least i still have the job ive wanted forever. thanks again for your well wishes. goodnight

PEACE

well my surgery is monday morning at 730 after im all better i go back to light duty till the next academy, hopefully the one in hampton in oct. then after that ill have to start the emt class over again cause im missing the finals this week, and the state test in aug, i dont mind that so much though it gives me more practice at the practicals, for the state test. i wish i couldve stayed with my class, but im just extatic to still have a job, and at least i shouldnt have to wait till janurary.

Hope the surgery goes well and you recover quickly  :(

250728[/snapback]

thank you :blink: so how are things with you, and the family?

Better than ever :blink: Robert's doing great in his new job and we're finally getting back on our feet. Thanks for asking. :(

Better than ever :blink: Robert's doing great in his new job and we're finally getting back on our feet. Thanks for asking.  :laugh:

250745[/snapback]

thats great :blink: im happy things are working out good for you. so hows the weather in arizona. its quite quite wet here in norfolk. i thought i left the wet weather when i left new york, oh well its still warmer here than there. :blink:

well here i am recovering from surgery on monday, talk about sore, but the thing thats killing me most is just laying around the house i am bored off my rocker. i am walking around a little better, but still having a few difficulties with somet things hopefully ill be up and about a lot more in the next day or two. well my check came today from the closing on my house in ny. now i can look for a vehicle, i want a jeep cj 7. well im gonna go back to my couch now. talk to ya'll later.

PEACE

well here it is thursday night, and i am doing great. i went to the doc's today, and he said i can go back to work on monday, modified duty, pain tolerance, basically he said if its hurts stop doing it. so i can rejoin my class, all i really missed was three days of e.v.o.c. so i can make that up at the end of the academy, and i can graduate with my class. only thing is ill have to go back and do my e.m.t. agian, but no big deal. i am ecxtatic. i also bought a new car this week, a 98 t-top firebird. the nicest car ive ever owned, i love it. i got it cheap too, four grand. for comparison the day or so before i seen this i checked out a 82 jeep cj for five grand, then i bought something 16 yrs newer for four, cant beat that. i love the car. only problem is now its a toy and i know im not gonna be able to stop playing with it. im already thinkin on how long its gonna be before i pull out the six, and put in an ls6 vette motor. MORE POWER ARGH. lol always been a motor head, and i guesss ill always be one. here it is midnight and so much has happened just today that i cant even sleep now, i went to bed about 11 and i just got outta bed couldnt sleep. but its basically all good stuff on my mind keeping me up, which is a change, i kinda like it. lol. one of the things is my uncle was telling me about someone he's gonna introduce me too, she sounds great and ive seen a pic shes pretty cute too. i feel like a school kid again, i have no idea what to say or do in such situations. i havent exactly been on many dates for a looooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time. for those of you who remember or read my journels from the begining me and angel never even really went on any dates, i met her one night, she met me out another and that was that. well im sure ill do fine but i know im gonna be nervous as hell to meet her. well have a good one.

PEACE

well the second day back to work, and all is well so far. it was a gorgeous day here in norfolk, i sure do love the weather down here. its good to be back with my class, there a good bunch of guys, and girls, made me feel good to be back with them. found out today that my ttops leak in the car, when i got in this morning, and my arse got wet, and it kinda stunk like wet sneakers in there. gotta take care of that, but i still love my car. well its gonna be a long day tomorrow in class so off to bed i go, night all.

PEACE

ps i meet amy on friday. she asked my uncle before to find her a nice guy, so he thinks of me which is great, but he tells me about her, and makes me all nervous to meet her, but he doesnt tell her a thing about me, its gonna be a suprise for her. that oughtta be interesting. its all good, lol.

well here we are on a saturday night, i just finished sheet rocking for the day, and im bored. i love it down here, but i miss my friends back in ny and goin out with them all. i met amy last monday for about 20 minutes, i called her last night, and got her voice mail, left a message, and now i just have to wait and see if shes interested, and calls me back. im really starting to get lonely down here, ive gotta start finding more things to do to pass my time. the more i sit, which aint much, the more i miss some things, and start feeling down. my sister called me today crying about some things, and i felt really bad that i wasnt there for her, i miss her, and my dog the most. i cant wait to get this addition done, so i can at least have my own room agian and get some of my stuff outta boxes, so i at least dont feel so displaced and homeless. sharing a room with someone, and only being able to have your clothes there really sucks. but in time i guess. i do love my job though, and living by the beach, so in time it'll all be good. i do hope that amy call back, i really would like to meet someone nice, and interesting to spend some time with. well enogh babbling for now, thanks for listening. talk to ya'll later.

PEACE :wow:

well its been a while since my last post, hows everyone doin? not so bad here. went out on friday night to a firemans ball, got pretty plowed too. lol. it was a good time, but it cost me plenty. been busy at school.

Everybody is doing pretty good. I know I am anyway. I havn't been to a good party in a long time. Been even longer since I was plowed. :) Last time had such a bad hanover that I think I'm starting to feel my age. :P Stay outta trouble.

oh yeah im way to busy with school to get into trouble. but it would be nice to meet a nice woman. oh well. today was a really long day got home about 7:00 tonight. but its gonna be a great thing when im outta the academy.

Ahh nice women are no fun! :laugh: I'm just kidding I married a nice woman. :clap: ouch she just slapped me with the force! :clap:

well heres how things have happened so far. the night of the firemans ball i talked with a girl for a bit here and there, we both got really drunk, she actually called me the next morning, we talked for a while and i asked if she wanted to do something later, she said maybe, she called me later and said she was on her way to a friends that she forgot she had already made plans with, talked for a bit, and that was that. the next day i called her, left a voice mail asking if she wanted to go to dinner and told her to give me a call, havent heard from her yet, so tonight i just called got her voice mail again left a message, and that'll be the last time i call. unless she calls back. i hate dating, or trying to, lol. things at school are going good, were going out on practical training a lot more now. never get any sleep anymore. but its gonna be great when its all over, especially not getting in trouble for someone else being stupid. but alas that is the way it is, in rookie school, head games to see if you'll stick it out. its all good though, met a lot of good people, and i do love my job. i do miss my friends and such from ny though, i wanna get there sometime for a visit, but alas its kinda hard, when im not working im working on the house, yesterday went to duck in nc on the obx to do some siding on a friends house, but someday the work will be over on the house and ill be able to actually have a life on the weekend. but at least i know i'll go to ny for thanksgiving, i wanna get my dog i miss him. and my sister a lot. it sucks when she calls me up with problems and theres nothing i can do for her from here. i did send her some money to help fix her car a couple of weeks ago, but i still dont feel as though i can do enough for her. but maybe someday she'll move down here. well im off, going to get some sleep here tonight, i hope. night all.

PEACE