Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cptwright

THE WRIGHT STATE OF MIND

You've got evidence and people to back you up on her infidelity, right? And hey, call me vengeful if you like, but I wouldn't talk to her or help her unless I thought I could collect information to use against her later in the legal proceedings that are sure to ensue.

I'm not sure why I've started reading and replying to your personal thread, cptwright, but let's just say I had a similar experience (as I think I mentioned before). Luckily, I wasn't married. Not sure if I ever will be after hearing about some friends' experiences.

Hang in there and be strong. :)

*HUG* You do NOT deserve to be treated like that! :) That is so wrong. *shakes head* I don't even know what to say, that's just not right.

As far as your friend or girlfriend or whatever's age...who cares? Age means nothing. When we got engaged I was 18 and Robert was 30. I was the one who proposed to him and he still got called a cradle robber all the time. Pissed me off to no end. If you two are happy together that's all that matters.

Anyway, *MASSIVE HUGS*

Hope you're feeling better soon. :elephant:

thanks everyone, and thanks RC for the little encouragement about my friend. im not so worried about it, but i do hear about it, i mean lisa gives me *poopie* for hangin out with my sister, and her boyfriend, and justin and them. i mean shes my sister, we get along great theres nothing wrong with that, and well justin and them are like my adopted kids, i kinda miss living with rick and them, i got used to haveing them around, and making me laugh, i swear justins just a little short of a full sixpack, <_< lol. but oh well, she did call about 12:30 last night, (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't)ing about the letter i left, i wound up hangin up on her again. then had to talk to her today, and gee it was ok, till i got grief for some other stuff agin, i just cant wait till its over. oh well, im off to play some poker with colleen and some of her friends, then meeting kate at the downtown quarterback tonight, should be a good time. i guess its american idol night, theres a band playing. well talk to you later, and thanks again everyone for giving me someplace to vent, talk and hear some kind words. it means much to me.

i mean lisa gives me *poopie* for hangin out with my sister

Sometimes these censors crack me up. LOL

well just got home from the bars, i swear i dont know what im doing. im just no good at this dating thing i guess, i wouldnt call it a date by any means, but damn, i get there, we hang out and listen to the bands, and i have no clue what to say, i just freeze, its like my mind goes blank and i turn into an idiot. god its a wonder any girl ever talks to me, lol. especially with the diff in age, no biggie, but the things you talk about are a little different. but im like that with pretty much any woman. god help me. oh well it's all good anyway i guess. :clap: i can give myself an e for effort anyway, i never thought i would do this good at it, since i havent been on a date before all this, since i was 17. she was kinda quiet tonight, but when i got home she sent me a text msg, apologising for it, saying she was just out of it. i just have no clue how to read women. oh well im clueless. :wub:

well just got home from going up to syracuse, thats N.Y., and had a pretty damn good time. got drunk, danced a lot, and tonight i just let it out and had a good time dancing, and talking. dont mind me going astray here i am a litttle welll a lot drunk. lol. but its all good. i havent been like this in quite sometime. its nice, i know it dont solve the problmes, or anything, but for a few hours you feel good, and have a great time. so tonight i felt good, and had a great itme. well i really cant post any more here i have no clue what to say and im about to pass out sitting in my chari here so have a good one poeple and talk to you all later.

PEACE

well here it is, after another beautiful day. went to the movies with justin and carly tonight, it was justins birthday today. he's 18 now, gotta take him to the strip joints now for his birthday. :wow: had a realtor over at the house tonight, he instilled confidence in me about the house selling well, and for a good price. so i hope that goes well, and quickly so i can get on with my life in VA. i have been feeling ok the last few days again. its a nice trend, even when a bad streak comes, it dont last near as long as it use to. i've been discovering things about myself, and that im a pretty good guy, and i should feel good about that. im still confused when it comes to women though. i really wish you came with a manual. :wow: i know its IMPOSSIBLE to know a woman, when they seem to not know themselves most of the time. :huh: but i just wish i knew how to read them better as to what their feeling or thinking when you meet, or hang out for a bit. like this kate, we hung out a couple of times, after she kissed me, she got a weird look on her face, and said its gonna be weird because we work together, i didnt think so and i still dont, but now she's weird, i cant tell if she wants to hang out or not, ii havent called her in a couple of days, seen her at work, but not called after work, i just dont know if i should or not, i mean i dont want to make her feel more weird, or something. but i would like to take her out, but i just dont know. oh well im not gonna let it get to me, but i just wish you all came with a manual, or something to guide us men just a little. but then again i guess that would make life too easy eh. :huh: i guess that 15 yrs of not dating and really not dating much before that dont help matters any. angel came to me, and kate came to me, but i still feel weird flirting, or whatnot. i guess i just gotta give it time to come more easily. but i have found that when your NOT looking for a woman thats when they come to you. well at least im coming to a better place in my head, i know the rest will follow sometime. well night all, and hey any help from you women out there or a little insight to what a woman might be thinking would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

and hey any help from you women out there or a little insight to what a woman might be thinking would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

If you try to figure out women you're going to end up in a padded cell. You can't figure us out. Sad but true.

but i just wish you all came with a manual, or something to guide us men just a little.

If you ever find that manual will you see if they have a woman's manual to the male mind cause I just don't have a clue what going on in there. :wow:

I don't think we're meant to fully understand each other. I guess that's part of why the opposite sex is so appealing, they're a mystery

i think im already headed for the padded cell. :( i know theres no way in he** ill figure any of you out :P and i really aint gonna try :huh: but it would be nice to occaisionaly just get a glimpse of what you want at the moment. :wow: but i guess thats probably too much to ask too. :huh: like today at work kate was all flirty and cool, so i just said if she wants to go play some pool again or something, to give me a call, ill leave it at that. before i wind up in the looney bin. :wow: :tomcat:

well what a night i had last night. not bad for me, but lisa was....ouch. her boyfriend left a breakup letter in the mailbox. when i stopped to check the mail, and to get something i took it in. and didnt realise what it could be, till she read it and started ballin, and asked me to stay for a while. we talked for a bit, and then a friend came over, and took her over to his house. i guess things might be ok with the two of them but i really think she needs the same thing i got. when angel dumped me, i know i was sososo heartbroken, but i haave come to realise that it was more, i didnt want to be alone, and that i was so used to having someone there for 15 years, that when i found someone to be there i really lost it, when she was gone too. but now ive come to accept myself, and be better by myself. i did have feelings for angel, but i found out that it was more about me, than her, and that it was best that it worked out like it did. now with lisa she had so many personal issues and problems, that her boyfriend is just masking them, she really needs the time to herself too, because i do really want her to straighten out her life, and be happy. then someday she can get into a healthy relationship with someone. i am afraid that this one is gonna really leave her hurt sometime. but alas its not my call, i can only be ther as a friend when she needs it. but on the other hand i had a pretty good day, but my shoulder is killing me, it has been bothering me for a while now, as much as i hate too, i think i need to go to the docs. a buddy said something about rotator cup, god i hope not. but after working my arm gets where i cant even move it with out shooting pain. i need to get it taken care of or at least where i can live with it for the academy in july should i get in. not to mention it is nice to be able to move the arm without pain.

PEACE

ya know im glad i can be lisa's friend. i will always try to be there for her if she needs it. but damn, she keeps calling me about her boyfriend. here it is friday night, she was with him today, and she has no idea who im with, i couldve been with my friend, and she calls me at 11:15 tonight to talk. about how she's so unsure and insecure about herboyfriend. i had to tell her to just be true to herself, and if she has bad feelings like that that its not fair to her, or him. how did i go from husband, and friend, still friend, to dating counselor. damn, i dont ask her for advice on the women, i save that for you people. lol. :laugh: oh well, at least things mostly stay civil with us, i guess i should be happy for that. makes my life easier anyway.well im beat gonna try to actually sleep tonight.

PEACE

UUUUHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! somebody please help me. the last two nights i have slept on the couch at my house. the ex has been losing it, and this morning did. i had to take her to the er to see a counselor this morning. her boyfriend broke up with her this weekend, and now she has no shelter, or escape from the realitys of her life. dealing with me leaving, selling the house, and now a broken heart from him, amongst other problems already there just came to a head this morning. i told her that i would still always be there if she needed me, but i dont know if im helping or making it worse. when she says something about us i still let it be known that i havent changed my mind. and now she just needs to take this time ALONE, and find what she needs within herself. but i cant keep sleeping on the couch, i just hope that it'll start getting a little better for her now. on top of that i get a text message from my friend last night at 1:15 am first words were,

sorry, im drunk. then a couple of other things, last thing was no i cant give you my probs. then she wouldnt answer her phone, i got anohter text from her this morning needing the sick call number for work, and thats it, so now im concerned about her as well. MY GOD MAN, are all women just crazy or what? oh well i gotta go now take a prescription to lisa, and go to the other job. well ttyl, wish me luck. thanks for listening.

PEACE

well.....today is a feeling pretty good day. i dont know why, just feel a bit at peace with the world, and myself today. been helping lisa quite a bit, talking with her, trying to help her make sense of her life, and everything that has happened the last six months. tonight i had to make sure she was "good" with me being there for her, but not with her. she was, she agreed that nothing there has changed, we just make much better friends than we did husband and wife. she said she has a lot of regrets about what she did to push me away, i had to reasure her that if i could forgive what she did to me, which i did, then she should be able to forgive herself, and start to heal, and move on with her life. i am happy that we can be friends, after being with her for so long, more or less growing up together, i cant imagine never having her in my life somehow. my friends think im nuts for wanting to be her friend, especially after what she has done to me. i tried to hate her, i tried to not be true to who i am, and i became well a ICKD. i didnt like who i was becoming. i know that being how i am leaves me open to getting hurt more in my life, but at least this way i can live with myself, and look in the mirror and not hate what i see. nice guys may finish last but in the end i think we have it pretty good. i just hope that whoever i meet in my future can understand me and her being friends. but then again i guess if they cant then their not really somebody to be with. i dont know maybe im nuts like my buddies tell me. what do you think, is there anybody here who feels the same, or at least dont think im nuts? am i nuts? i just cant turn my back on her in her state and feel good about myself. and i dont want to. is that so wrong? but anyway like i said today was just a somwhat serene day. i did some work for the old bosses today, quite a bit yesterday and definately thurs, and probably tomorrow. i like doin the door thing now, it keeps me moving, and active instead of at a desk on the phone all day. plus i like being out on my own, just working with myself, no one looking over my shoulder, or telling me what to wear, stop chewing gum or what not, and listening to the tunes, god knows i would go nuts with out my music. i think that and af few of my friends are the only thing that kept me somewhat sane the last few months, that brought me to the place i am at now. and i am so looking forward to selling the house and moving to VA. i cant wait, i know i was supposed to go this week but at least this way i get to close this chapter in my life and leave no loose ends when i leave. i will miss some things here and some people, but they can visit, and i will be up for visits periodically. i finallly can say LIFE WILL BE GOOD, and at the moment, its not bad.its nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

well today was pretty good. lisa has been calling me constantly, which i dont mind, but i think she's becoming too dependant on me again, and i dont know what to do. i didnt go over tonight to keep her company like she wanted, i think that was a good start. i didnt have the heart to tell her i was goin to meet a girl tonight. WOOHOOO!!! so i lied, just said i was goin to a movie, and maybe out for a drink. i want to be there for her, as a friend, but i also want my life as well. she called me probably 8 to 10 times today. my cell phone bill is going to be a bit high next bill because she keeps calin me during peak time. oh well. well its 2am just got home. im beat ill put more here tomorrow. night all.

ok now im really starting to hate chics. well i wish i could anyway, im such a sucker for chics. all they gotta do is smile, and give me those baby blues, and ill do just about anything. this girl i met last week, said come by on thurs, after i get off, we can go out, ore something. well i did, and she said well tomorrows better, with a really sincere look, and gave me a big hug and said she would definatley do something tomorrow. well i told her to call me for sure if she wants to do something. kate's history, i went out last thurs to meet her and have a drink, she was trashed, and pissy someone or something was upsetting her, well after i finished my drink and only got two words outta her, "im trashed" then she disapeared for a few, i just left, i have one crazy woman in my life, i sure dont need another. but im really begining to think its all just degrees of insanity with you women, kinda like just choose the lesser of two evils. :)well i hope im wrong, but i guess ill find out eventually. the ex is really starting to drive me nuts too, she keeps calling a hundred times a day, and when i dont stay there for any lengh of time, she says i dont care either, i give her a lot of my time to try and help her face her problems, and reality, but its never enough, im trying to have a life too, of my own. (without her, last i knew we were seperated.) she says she hopes this girl doesnt call, because it will make me less accesible. i do make it very clear that im not interested in reconcilliation, but she still tries with comments like, oh you got a date with who tonight, me, or other such things. oh well i guess im destined to just lose my mind due to one woman or another. :( so hows everyone here doin? well later.

PEACE

I think the best way you can help her at this point is to stop helping her. Or at least cut back big time. If reconciliation isn't an option then she needs to learn to take care of herself. She can't do that with you helping her all the time. It'll be hard, but you both have to move on with your own lives now. *hug* I'm always here if you need to talk.

WOW!!!!! onight, i am so boxed it aint even funny i went out wht a new drinking buddy, wt was breat. .10 cent drafts/ you cant beat that. thats for sure. but dang, i am so trashed, thank god i got a ride home. we were talking card, and womean all night. gotta love it. i thik , god knows come morning other than what i put here or hear form them i wohnt roemember a bthing. oops. well just hought i would say hey before bed. nigth all.

[EACE

:) I wish I could see your face when you sober up and see your spelling. I'll talk to you when you sober up hun. :)

:) look mom i was seeing pink elephants :)

well i guess as hard as i tried to hit the right keys, i really couldnt see too well at what i was spelling. :wow::eek: but its all good, i was feelin happy last night. got to sleep in this morning, now i gotta jog down and get my truck. so now i even have to exercise because of getting drunk, so who said drinking is bad for your health :)

:wow: hey that gives me an idea for a new exercise fad :wow: :o get loaded, then get a ride home and then have to jog back for the car, think i can sell it. B)

ya know this single thing is getting to be pretty good. granted i hate coming home to an empty bed, <_<. but i do like goin out, and hangin out whenever, wherever i want. :P went out agian tonight for a little while, played some pool, had a pretty good night. i do still miss some aspects of my married life, but not near enough to go back to it. i know i'll find that again someday with someone special, who will treat me the way i deserve to be treated, as i will undoubtedly treat her like a queen. but til then nothin wrong with havin some fun. :(

to all of us poor slobs, not really, that are going through divorce, or a breakup of some sort, MY GOD MAN, there really is life after divorce. GOD BLESS AMERICA. HHHOOOORRRAAAA.

UUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I WENT OUT TONIGHT, AND HAD A GOOD TIME, THEN WE WENT OUT TO ANOTHER CLUB, AND I SEEN SOMEONE FROM WORK, WOUDN UP HANGIN OUT WITH HER FRO A FEW HOURS, AND MY RIDE CAME UP TO ME AND ASKED IF I WAS READY, I WAS LIKE UGH, THEN HE SAID WELL CALL ME ABOUT 3:00 IF YOU NEED A RIDE. WELL COME THREE, I THOUGHT I WAS IN LIKE FLINT, OR GONNA BREAk the dry SPELL THAT HAS PLAGUED ME, ECH, THEN SHE WAS PULLIN AWAY, I CALLED MY BUDDY TO COME GET ME, AND SHE HAD HER RIDE BACK UP AND SAID, GET IN. I THOUGHT OH YEAH BABY. THEN WE WERE TALKIN ABUT BREAKDAST, I THOUGH COOL WE'LL GO EAT, N THEN WELL YOU KNOW, THEN SHE JUST HAD HER FFREIDN DROP ME OFF. OH TALK ABOUT BLUE, UGH. OH WELL AT LEAST I M TOO INTOXICATED TO REALLY CARE COME MORNING. :blink: SHE WAS LIKE, ILL SEE YA TUESDAY. WELL ITS ALL GOOD I GUESS. WELL IM BEAT, AND DRUNK , GOODNIGHT. B)

damn, seems to be a trend starting over the last couple of weeks, DRINKING, AND POSTING. lol :blink: i really should refrain from posting when im drunk, i cant spell. lol. but hey its all good i guess. at least im having a good time with friends. after all isnt that what its all about.

That's great that you had a great time with your friends Cap..As for posting after drinking..I wouldn't stop if I were you..I do some of that too..It's always interesting the next day when you read them.. :blink:

And it's entertaining for the rest of us.. B) I hope things continue to go well for you.. :clap: