Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

Coors light is a perfect cook out beer

I prefer to drink regular Coors. I only drank the Coors light because its the only thing he had left.

:superhappy:I never did develop a taste for beer . . . give me a frozen lime margarita and I'll talk to ya !

Did you tape cotton to the cat's feet so it wouldn't stomp around ?

I asked 3 or 4 row thinking maybe you would take a chance to have the radiator looked at or even replace it with a bigger one . . . one less thing to worry about later . . . I've had car care 101 . . . er let's say I can teach car care 101 and some of the more advanced classes and knowing when to let the experts handle it . . .

I asked 3 or 4 row thinking maybe you would take a chance to have the radiator looked at or even replace it with a bigger one . . . one less thing to worry about later

I'm not quite sure of what you are asking here. As for the radiator in my car, its pretty huge. I've also installed an external cooling fan just for overkill. I've never had an overheating problem yet.

I asked 3 or 4 row thinking maybe you would take a chance to have the radiator looked at or even replace it with a bigger one . . . one less thing to worry about later

I'm not quite sure of what you are asking here. As for the radiator in my car, its pretty huge. I've also installed an external cooling fan just for overkill. I've never had an overheating problem yet.

The cooling fan is good. I am asking the thickness of the radiator core - three rows or four rows of tubes. It allows for more flow of water in the same space. I just suggested to insure you don't have an overheating problem just don't be so silly as to put in a thermostat cooler than that recommended.

Almost got the car done! I'm determined to be driving this car sometime tomorrow even if I have to work on it through the night! We had a bit of a setback this morning. We got everything hooked up and fired up the motor. The problem was that the motor is so powerful now that when I stepped on the gas in neutral, it rose up and broke through the motor mounts! Now we have to get a set of torque chains and literally chain the motor down to the frame.

Did you get your motor mount problem cured yet?

The Road Runner is finally on the road again! We worked on it on the 4th right up to the last minute and I was able to drive it to the cook-out we were going to. I'll post pics as soon as I take them.

Busy day today! I'm trying to get all my weekend paperwork out of the way as early as I can so I can get to Shore Leave on time later today. I'm getting ready to go to my storage shed and drive home the Road Runner so that I can get it all washed and waxed. I'll be driving that all weekend.

I'm looking forward to having a great time with Dabo_Queen, Seeing_Eye_Borg and MrPsychic all weekend!

Have a great time. Take pics for sure. Just don't go overboard on the Romulan Ale or Warp Core Breaches! :laugh:

I spent all day yesterday recovering from Shore Leave. I was exhausted! What a great time we had! I have to say that the Klingon Feast was actually more fun than the con itself. Getting to shoot the breeze with W. Morgan Sheppard for over an hour was certainly a "moment". To be truthful, though, I think it was more Dabo_Queen's cleavage rather than our stimulating conversation that kept him at our table for that long a time.......... :)

Finally meeting Dabo_Queen and Seeing_Eye_Borg was a real treat as well as catching up with MrPsychic whom I had met on previous occassions. Check out all of the pictures I took in the Shore Leave thread.

Hopefully, Dabo, SEB and MrPsychic will post their thoughts on the con as well.

I finally took some pics of the Road Runner. It is officially on the road!

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068328_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068405_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068427_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068462_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068502_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068587_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068614_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068640_thumb.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

post-1043-1216068664_thumb.jpg

post-1043-1216068918_thumb.jpg

post-1043-1216068985_thumb.jpg

Nice but I cannot believe it's only an automatic!

I know but we installed a shift kit, stall converter and juiced up the transmission so it screams now.

Nice but I cannot believe it's only an automatic!

I know but we installed a shift kit, stall converter and juiced up the transmission so it screams now.

Yea, it's got some pick up. I could smell the racing fuel while behind it :)

does the horn play dixie :roflmao:

LOL

I think you've mixed it up with the General Lee which was a Charger

:lick:*drool*

steering wheel is not stock . . . :sniffle:

I beg to differ. The steering wheel is indeed stock. Its a genuine Mopar "Tuff" wheel which was an option for several years. The only thing I did to it was have it wrapped in leather instead of the original plastic covering.

:superhappy:*drool*

steering wheel is not stock . . . :inlove:

I beg to differ. The steering wheel is indeed stock. Its a genuine Mopar "Tuff" wheel which was an option for several years. The only thing I did to it was have it wrapped in leather instead of the original plastic covering.

Gotcha. Leather instead of Naugy (naugahyde)

I've been going crazy all week trying to get everything caught up at work before I leave for vacation. We'll be flying out early tomorrow for South Dakota. We have a 2 hour layover in Chicago at O' Haire from 10:00 am until Noon. Any Chicago STF members want to stop in and say hi, I'll be at the United terminal.

I'm really looking forward to going on the dinosaur dig as well as seeing Deadwood and Mt. Rushmore. We will also be checking out the South Dakota School of Mining and Technology where Eric will be transferring to next semester. We have free Wi-Fi in the hotels so I should be able to report in with my laptop. I'll post pictures when I get back.

Got back from vacation last Saturday. I've been spending this whole week getting caught up with work. I'm still organizing all the pics from vacation. I'll post them when I'm done. Yesterday, Eric and I spent three hours putting together a fireplace that I had ordered as a surprise birthday present for my wife. We got it done 30 minutes before she came home from work! She loved it.

I've finally gotten caught up with all the work that piled up while I was away. This past weekend was dominated by car shows. I entered the Road Runner in two shows. The Friday night show was a small one run by a local car club. Didn't win anything there but it was funny how the sponsoring car club won 10 out of the 12 trophies awarded....... :)

On Saturday, I entered the Road Runner in a huge show which featured over 300 cars. We hit paydirt there and won a huge trophy. The weather was perfect and I had a lot of fun just hanging out all day.

Hectic days ahead of me. This Thursday, my wife and son will be flying to Maine to pack up all of Eric's things from college and ship them home. Then in two weeks, I'll be flying back to South Dakota to help Eric get all his stuff ready and to help him move into his new school. These plane tickets are killing me!

In the meantime, I've picked up a new contract for the business which is huge and I've got to get that rolling too. No rest for the weary!

Here is a pic of myself and some members of my car club that won trophies:

Maryland Mopars Members

Take Top Awards

At Jarrettsville Show

post-1043-1218529142.jpg

Had a great weekend! I entered the Road Runner in another car show on Saturday morning and came away with another trophy!

I picked up my wife and son from the airport a few hours ago. All of his stuuf in Maine has successfully been shipped to South Dakota. Eric will be home for about 2 weeks before he has to fly out to start school in South Dakota.

Eric and I are going to see the new Star Wars movie either tomorrow or Tuesday. Anybody see it yet?

I spent all day yesterday driving up to Pennsylvania to check out a franchise I may be interested in buying. I'll give you all details if I decide to go for it.

My sister and her two sons are in town for a visit. They took the train to Washington DC yesterday to see the sites. Eric went with them.

I'm trying to find a decent car show to enter the Road Runner in for this weekend. Next Thursday I have to fly out to South Dakota again to get Eric all moved in so I won't be cruising that weekend.

I really have the most wonderful wife in the world! This past Sunday she had a surprise birthday party for me that she has been planning for months. Since my birthday was weeks ago, I didn't suspect a thing. She rented a hall, got a DJ, decorated the place up and invited all of our friends and family. She gave out door prizes, had kareoke and an incredible spread of food. Another real surprise was that my little sister, who lives in Vancouver, Washington, flew all the way over here just for the party. My one sister was already here visiting but the other one was a complete shock. I was really moved by it all.

Tomorrow we are flying out to South Dakota again to move Eric into his dorm room. We'll be there until Monday.

Couldn't put the Road Runner in a show this past weekend because the fuel pump went up on it. I just replaced it today.

This past Saturday, we went to the Renaissance Festival which they have here every year. Its a lot of fun. We got to do archery, throw knives, axes and throwing stars and we even rode on an elephant! The food was great there too. My personal favorite is cheesecake on a stick.....lol.

We got to Rapid City ok. After getting the rental car, we immediately went to the school to get some things done. We got some financial stuff done and bought all of the required textbooks so it was pretty productive. Afterwards, we drove to our hotel and chilled out for awhile. Then we went to the Outback steakhouse for dinner. We got a bloomin' onion. We each got steak for dinner along with assorted Mai Tais, Sangria and beer. Eric had a "Death By Chocolate" for dessert. Now we're back at the hotel room getting ready for bed.