Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

I'm very impressed with all your fossil purchases. Do you get certificates of authenticity with the fossils? And how many are from Jurassic Park?

I did indeed get certificates of authenticity. Most of them come from Morocco, Africa.

Here is a list of what I got:

1) Tooth - Carcharodontosaurus saharicus - 80,000,000 years old - Morocco, North Africa

2) Ammonite - 100,000,000 years old - Morocco, North Africa

3) Tooth - Tiger Shark - 80,000,000 years old - Morocco, North Africa

4) Tooth - Rutiodon - 210,000,000 years old - New Mexico

5) Tooth - Spinosaurus Aegypticus - 80,000,000 years old - Morocco, North Africa

6) Tooth - Sirroccopteryx moroccensis - Flying Reptile - 100,000,000 years old - Morocco, North Africa

7) Tooth - Bahariasaurus ingens - 80,000,000 years old - Morocco, North Africa

8) Orthocerus - 320,000,000 years old - Morocco, North Africa

9) Tooth - Onchopristis nuemedus - 80,000,000 years old - Morocco, North Africa

10) Foot Claw - Deltadromeus Agilis - Raptor - Morocco, North Africa

11)3 Teeth - Saurornitholestes - Raptor

I celebrated my 21st (in part) going to a Chicago concert {the group, not the city})

So you spent your 21st birthday "Saturday In The Park".?.......... :laugh:

Busy week so far:

- Picked up Eric on Wednesday from the airport. He'll be home until New Years Eve when he goes on his big Hawaiian adventure.

- Eric and I finished up our Christmas shopping yesterday.

- I went to the foot doctor yesterday. I keep getting this tendonitus on the side of my foot and the doc can't figure out why. He gave me another shot of steroids (Move over Roger Clemens... :lol:). If that doesn't work, he wants me to get an MRI done. Its a possiblitiy I might ahve a torn tendon..... :lol:

- I took about 7000 lbs of paper to the recycle plant today.

- I bought tickets to two concerts yesterday. The first for The New York Dolls whom I'm sure most people don't know. They practically invented glam rock back in the day. The second was for the Beatles tribute band "RAIN" whom I've seen several times now. They are coming to town for two shows in February.

- I haven't had time to work on the Road Runner lately. Too busy with the holidays and such.

Well, thats it for now

To catch up:

- Christmas was pretty nice. I got Season One of TOS remastered. Can't wait to watch it!

- The cordozone shot that the foot doctor gave me had no effect so I had an MRI done on it this morning. He now suspects that I might have torn a tendon somehow.

- We were going to have a New Year's party but one of our friends asked if they could do it instead. I couldn't say YES fast enough..... :yahoo:

- Work has been very hectic. I'm really looking forward to the holidays being over so I can relax a bit.

Not too much going on the last few days. We had some friends over on Saturday night to exchange Christmas presents and to watch a movie. We watched "Die Hard 4". I finally got the Hi-Definition working right on the new TV! It looks awesome! I also bought a Hi-Def Blue Ray DVD player. To complete the package, I'm looking to replace the ancient surround sound system I have with something newer.

To celebrate New Years, we are going to one of our friends house who has volunteered to have the party this year.

This morning I took my son Eric to the airport to catch a flight to Minnesota. Once there, he will hook up with my sister's family and go on his Hawaiian cruise. I sure wish I was going!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR WALT.

party hearty but safe.

get drunk be happy but

destroy the pictures :yahoo:

HAPPY NEW YEAR WALT.

party hearty but safe.

get drunk be happy but

destroy the pictures :yahoo:

The cameras have been confiscated and the proper people have been bribed. I think I'm OK..... :dude:

- New Years went ok. After the party, I had to go to work. Luckily for me, only 1 driver didn't show up.

- Got a call from my son, Eric, yesterday. He's enjoying his Hawaiian vacation very much. Yesterday was his 21st birthday. He celebrated by going into a shark cage and watching sharks. I might have picked another way to celebrate..........

- I ordered my new Home Theater System yesterday after consulting with tech guru Mr.Psychic. I ordered an Onkyo HT-8R800 7.1 Home Theater system. Can't wait to hook that baby up!

- I went to the foot doctor yesterday to see the results of the MRI I had done on my foot. The MRI shows that there is nothing wrong with my foot. I guess thats good but why then does it constantly hurt? The doctor is puzzled as well. All he could recommend was for me to stay off it and use crutches for awhile. He also wants me to soak the foot in hot water twice a day. Obviously, the doctor doesn't realize that some people actually have to work for a living. I don't know what to do next. I might get another opinion.

- I had an electric company come to the house the other day to install two more outlets in my house with independant circuit breakers. Two hours of work and I got billed $1100! Nice work if you can get it I suppose...

- Last Saturday night, my wife's Mustang got side - swiped right in front of the house! Of course the person drove off before I could make it outside. So now I have to go through my insurance company and use the "No-Fault" clause. I did all that on Monday and now the car is at the dealer shop getting repaired.

- I went to Best Buy and bought my first Blu-Ray movie. It was "Spider-Man 3". Unfortunately, it was defective. The picture was awesome but the sound kept going in and out and crackling. I also bought "Rocky Balboa". That one played fine so I know it wasn't the dvd player. I took it back but they didn't have anymore "Spider-Man 3" Blu Rays so I just got some store credit. I'll stop in next week to see if any more came in.

- The Home Theater system I ordered came in on Tuesday. I still haven't taken it out of the box. I can't wait to hook this thing up!

- I lucked out big time on EBAY yesterday. I got a Brother Laser Printer for 99 cents! I was the only one who bid on it and there was no reserve!

I bought a cell phone for 25 cents once.

I lost my cell phone once. (Believe it or not I lost it in a Hooters.) They no longer made that model so I had to upgrade to a new phone without the time to do a whole lot of research. The new phone was crap. By coincidence my old model was the same kind my company used. When they upgraded we had an auction for old cell phones, computer equipment, etc. with the proceeds going to a small party. Someone put their old phone up for auction and I bought it for $.25.

Your foot hurting may mean you have damage further up the leg - my Minister had a sore knee and come to find out his hip was bad and pinching the nerve making the knee hurt. He went through a experimental surgery that resurfaced the hip ball and restored it. The pain in his knee went away.

I am not one to get jealous over TV systems but . . . :)

Poor Mustang . . . but BEEP ! BEEP !

What were you doing in Hooters? (don't tell me ! :) )

Not too much going on other than the usual:

- My son Eric is back in college after a gruelling flight back. He had to fly for about 10 hours from Hawaii to Minnesota. 2 hours later he was back on a several hour flight to Detroit and then the final flight to Maine! He spent almost an entire day in the air! He was exhausted when he got back but still had to get up for school the next day.

- Nothing much going on on the car front. The motor is still on the motor stand where I left it weeks ago. Its real icebox weather here now and I'm going to wait til it warms up a tad before I resume work on it. It will be ready for the this years show car season though.

- Work was hectic last week. I had one driver on vacation and two in the hospital. Then last Friday, yet another one slid on the ice and hit a tree! Fortunately, this week everyone is back!

- I've started laying out the speakers for the Home Theater system I bought. Gotta buy some speaker stands though.

So to catch up:

- I was SO pissed off yesterday! I had a 2:00 pm appointment to have my taxes done. I get there at 1:45 pm, sign in , fill out some form they wanted me to do and then sat down to wait my turn. 3:00 pm comes along and I'm still waiting. Suddenly, the guy who is supposed to do my taxes comes in. Here I thought that all this time he was just running a bit late with other clients and he wasn't even there!!! I went to the receptionist and asked her WTF was going on here. She apologized but did not explain why the tax preparer was just coming to work at 3:00 pm when I had a 2:00 pm appointment. To make matters worse, she tells me that his first appointment was going to take about 1 1/2 hours! That was the straw that broke the camel's back. I threw a tantrum and caused quite the spectacle. I just cannot understand how they could let me just sit there and not tell me that the tax preparer had not even arrived yet. When I was finished ranting, I left the receptionist my cell phone number and told her that she was to call me when he was ready for me and then they could wait while I made my way back there. She meekly agreed to this. When the call came, I took my sweet time getting there.

The taxes didn't come out as bad as I expected. I made more money this year than last and I have to pay just over $16,000 in taxes. Last year I had to pay about $22,000 so I guess I can't complain too much.

- I got a package last week from my son Eric. He sent me 2 Hard Rock Cafe shirts and some Hard Rock pins that he got me when he was in Hawaii. I like them a lot! He also sent along the video from his helicopter ride over the active volcanos in Hawaii. I'm going to try to watch that this weekend.

- I'm all psyched because this weekend I am once again going to see "Rain: The Beatles Experience". This is the acknowledged world's best Beatles tribute band. You walk away from this concert feeling as though you actually saw the Beatles in concert.

- I'm putting together the vacation schedule for work. Naturally, I already blocked off Shore Leave weekend for myself. I don't plan on working at all that weekend!

- The weather is getting a bit warmer and I'm getting the itch to resume working on my car. However, I just know that as soon as I do, the temperature will probably take a nose-dive. I'm going to wait at least until March.

- I took a road trip yesterday with one of my assistants to buy another work van. I got it off EBAY for a great price. I went all the way to New Hope, PA to pick it up. We passed right by the Philadelphia Eagles stadium. Naturally, I gave it the finger going up and back....... :jem'hadar:

- I finally finished watching the Trek animated series last week. I hadn't seen those episodes for years. It was nice to see them again.

- Monday I started watching the first season of TOS remastered. I'm in the middle of "The Man Trap" now. I haven't seen any of the remastered episodes so its really fun seeing how they improved all of the effects. I'm really impressed so far.

I am a HUGE Beatles fan. I became one because my mom was a huge fan in the 60s and still is, had all of the records. I watched Rain on youtube alone, and they are amazing. Hope you have a good time :jem'hadar:

I am a HUGE Beatles fan. I became one because my mom was a huge fan in the 60s and still is, had all of the records. I watched Rain on youtube alone, and they are amazing. Hope you have a good time :jem'hadar:

Yeah.....RAIN is the closest you can ever get to actually seeing the Beatles live. They are incredible and are actually better musicians than the Beatles ever were.

Well, another weekend almost over.

- I've really been enjoying the remastered TOS dvds. I finished the first disc and I'm now on the second. They did a great job. Janice Rand comes in very crisp and clear....... <_<

- Tonight I'm going to see RAIN. I'm really looking forward to it. For anyone who likes the Beatles, I can't recommend this band enough! I'm hoping not to have to go to work tonight but my main assistant is sick with the flu so I may have to go in with no sleep.

- I couldn't get my Home Theater system to work right so I called in The Geek Squad.They came out on Friday and got everything working. Its a 7 speaker system with a sub-woofer and it sounds fantastic! The only thing I have left to do is to get my Plasma TV calibrated. They never tell you when you buy these things that the picture will NEVER look as good as it does in the store unless you get them professionally calibrated which costs about $300....... :naughty:

Just got back from seeing RAIN. What a great show! As if my ego wasn't big enough, the band asked me to stand up so that they could acknowledge me as their #1 fan in Baltimore. My wife just sat there shaking her head....... <_<

Just got back from seeing RAIN. What a great show! As if my ego wasn't big enough, the band asked me to stand up so that they could acknowledge me as their #1 fan in Baltimore. My wife just sat there shaking her head....... <_<

COOL!!!!!

Extremely exhausting day today. I have now been up for 34 1/2 hours straight! Last night I went to see the New York Dolls in concert. Excellent show! I got home just in time to go to work. Since the weather was horrible and the roads were icy, my drivers were having a hard time so I had to stay out there with them. So I had no chance to get any sleep.

It's probably not safe to drive in hazardous conditions without sleep.

Really?....You think?..... <_<

I don't know how many times I caught myself falling asleep behind the wheel. Wouldn't have done it if it wasn't necessary.

Today was much better. I got some sleep last night so I'm good to go. Everyone showed up for work today so now I am going........back to bed!... :elephant:

Behave you know i have not been well

but get your speare room ready me makiing

plays to come to the trek con there

Busy last few days:

- Yesterday, I trucked about 12,000 lbs of paper to the recycling place.

- This morning I had to go to court to appear as a character witness for two of my drivers.

- I've spent about 2 hours a day in the gym every day this week.

- Yesterday, I watched "Dazed and Confused". This movie is a virtual diary of what my teen years were like..... :P

- I'm just chilling now finishing my lunch and watching the snow fall outside. Hope it stops soon.

Yesterday, I watched "Dazed and Confused". This movie is a virtual diary of what my teen years were like.....

At least you didn't say the movie is a virtual diary of what your "twenties and thirties" were like ... :P

Lets see....whats new?

- I took about 12,000 lbs of paper to the recycling plant.

- 'Dazed and Confused', that movie I ordered finally came in! I can't wait to watch it in Hi-Def!.. :wow:

- I removed the original radio from my Road Runner and sent it off to a company who will tear the guts out and replace the insides with modern day technology. They are also going to add on a port for a cd player and an IPod. This way, I have an original looking radio in my car with today's high quality sound...........all for the low price of $500..... :(

- My son Eric is coming home for Spring Break this Saturday. He was going to go to Florida with some friends but decided against it when he found out that they were planning to go camping rather than stay in a hotel. My son is like me. We consider it camping when we have to stay in a 4 star hotel rather than a 5 star... :wow:

I'm not sure if its still in the theaters but we want to see the new 'Rambo' movie while he's here. Has anybody seen that, btw?

- Yesterday, I trucked about 12,000 lbs of paper to the recycling place.

- I took about 12,000 lbs of paper to the recycling plant.

Sheesh, Kor, how much paper do you go through?

Believe it or not, this is all the extra stuff laying around my warehouse by the end of the week.

I didn't do squat today. I was so tired cause Im only got 3 hours of sleep last night that I lacked any motivation whatsoever. Now I got a ton of paperwork piled up on my desk that I have to do tomorrow.

I did manage to bring myself to go to the gym today and do my workout. Today, I worked out to the soundtracks of all the 'Rocky' movies. The only problem was the funny looks I got when I suddenly screamed out "Yo Adrian......I did it!"....... :wow: