Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

Yesterday was a free day as we were not allowed to move Eric's stuff into his dorm until today. We took the opportunity to drive up to see "Sue", the most complete T Rex fossil found to date. It is on a travelling tour for the summer and has been in Faith,SD for the past few months which is only about 15 miles where "Sue" was originally found. It was pretty cool and we spent about 2 hours there.

Afterwards, we drove down to Deadwood to have dinner and a few drinks in the #10 Saloon and then drove back to our hotel in Rapid City where Eric and I spent the rest of the night watching the "Enterprise" marathon on Sci-Fi.

This past Saturday, we went to the Renaissance Festival which they have here every year. Its a lot of fun. We got to do archery, throw knives, axes and throwing stars and we even rode on an elephant! The food was great there too. My personal favorite is cheesecake on a stick.....lol.

I think I went to that festival several years ago (when I lived on the VA side of DC). I don't remember cheesecake on a stick - but it was a long time ago.

WOW! Has it been THIS long since I posted something in here?

Lets see whats been happening:

- I've started my winter project with my car. I'm detailing the trunk, installing a new exhaust system and replacing the rear window louvre with an original one that I found on EBAY.

- Since the economy went down the tubes, I've put off buying that new business until the economy gets better. I can't see starting a new business that depends on people's discretionary income.

- I just got home from a long weekend in Wilmington, De. A lot of us went up there to see RAIN, that Beatles tribute band that I like. It was a huge party all weekend.

- Other recent concerts I've seen have been Blondie and Ted Nugent.

Other than that, everything else is the same old stuff.

I haven't been on this site wo much as I used to. Real life has gotten in the way....

- I got up from my nap the other day and found a cardboard box at my front door. Inside were 4 little kittens. I know nothing about cats and don't know what to do with them......

- Oooh.....I got me a new "Mid-Life Crisis" car. Here are some pics. Its a 2009 Dodge Challenger RT:

post-1043-1234345213_thumb.jpg

post-1043-1234345247_thumb.jpg

post-1043-1234345305_thumb.jpg

.....and yeah......its got a hemi..... :notworthy: