Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

Who are the people in the picture?

That is my son Eric and my nephew Lucien. They were aboard the USS Constellation at the Inner Harbor in Baltimore.

Hectic day so far. My son Eric was supposed to fly home today but his flight got cancelled because Maine is in the midst of a huge snowstorm. This sucks because now he can't get a flight home until Monday, weather permitting. In the meantime, he's stuck in a hotel room by the airport which is costing me $130 per night!

Great start to his Spring Break.

Just came home from church.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a Bull and Oyster roast. I love these things. Lots of food and lots of drinking. I have a group of 20 friends going with me so it should be a wild time.

Dude that sounds really delicious haha I guess you will win the beer drinking championship there!

here ya go!

world04.jpg

Kor what site are u using to store your pics on?

I've been using Photobucket.

Just got home from the Bull Roast. Its going to take at least a week in the gym to work off all the food I ate and all the beer I drank.............

i take it you ddrank and ate hearty like a true klingon?

why did u stutter?

Kor I am jealous sounded really like alot of fun

I'm getting absolutely nothing accomplished today! First off, I'm still hungover from the Bull Roast yesterday. Then, I turned the TV on and the movie 'Tombstone' was coming on. This is one of those movies where, even though I have the Director's Cut on DVD, I simply must watch every time I see it on TV..... :laugh:

In about 2 hours, I have to go to the airport to pick up my son, Eric. The poor kid has been trying to get out of Maine since Friday but the airport has been shut down because of the blizzard. He FINALLY took off this morning and is out of the Artic wasteland that is Maine. He'll be landing in Philadelphia soon where he gets to board another puddle jumper for the final flight into Baltimore.

Another day that got away from me. I had a meeting this morning with a representative from a bag company. He took me to lunch at a steak house. Before I knew it, 3 hours were gone and the day was shot!

I got some bad news about my car. The guy that was supposed to paint the engine bay went into the hospital for hernia surgery. Now he's going to be laid up for several weeks. Everything on hold again... :laugh:

I want one of those!!!!

Meaning the Hillary Laughing Pen that Kor had in the post until he edited it out.

post-1043-1205105688_thumb.jpg -

This is a pic from a car show from last summer that I trophied in. My car is in the middle in the back row. The other cars are all in the car club that I belong to.

- Since Eric wasn't home for his birthday, we all took him out to dinner today. We had a great time and I even ran into a friend of mine from the karate school.

- Eric and I went to see "Witless Protection" the other day. It was a typical Larry the Cable Guy movie.....completely stupid but very funny.

- I had a gift card from Best Buy so I bought the Blu Ray version of "Beer League". Eric and I are going to watch it tomorrow.

Very tiring day today!

- This morning one of my drivers got into a crash. After taking him to the hospital, one of my assistants and myself had to finish his route.

- Because of that , I've only had 4 hours of sleep since yesterday.

- We went to my mother's house this afternoon to have a farewell dinner for Eric as he is leaving Sunday morning to go back to Maine. She made her specialty dish: Sour Beef and Dumplings. She makes the best in the world. It was delicious!

- Went to a performance shop today and bought a new chrome plated alternator for the Road Runner.

- One of my suppliers was running behind today and their truck showed up at my warehouse about 8 hours late. Another reason for my lack of sleep.

I'm recovering from a huge hangover today. We had some friends over last night to have a sort of farewell party as their daughter and my son were both leaving to go back to college after Spring Break. We ate and drank a lot and watched "Rocky Balboa" in Blu Ray.

Eric took off this morning to go back to Maine. He arrived safely and is back in his dorm room. Next time he'll be home will be for summer vacation.

My sympathies on the hangover, been there. 255048.gif

Glad Eric got home safe. I love the name Eric, it was one of the names we considered for Paul.

post-1043-1206139320_thumb.jpg

These are some more of the cars that belong to Maryland Mopars, the car club I'm in. Cruise nights begin in just over 2 weeks but I'll probably miss the first cruise 'cause my car isn't done yet...... :nono:

I've got a lot of irons in the fire. I'm negotiating with another company to buy them out. I'm not that interested in the company, I just want their customers... :laugh:

I'm trying to figure out what to do about vacation. We usually go on vacation with another couple but they keep procratinating about picking a week to go. Gotta tell them to poop or get off the pot so we can make plans.

Wow....its been too long since I updated this!

- I lost one of my best drivers last week. He was in a quadcycle accident and he is in intensive care in the hospital. The accident was just like something you would see in the movies. He was going about 50 mph on some trail and hit a rock. He went flying off the cycle, slammed into a tree and fell down a 30 foot cliff into a river. His hand was mangled, he has 6 broken ribs, his sternum is broken and he fractured his back in 5 places. So far he has had 1 operation on his hand and last Friday they operated on his back putting all sorts of screws and rods in there. I went to see him in the hospital yesterday and he looked just awful. I doubt he will ever recover enough to come back to work.

- The Road Runner is nearing completion. We put the new cam into the motor last weekend and installed the Stall Converter in the transmission. This car is going to have some serious horsepower!

The engine bay is just about finished being sanded and is ready for paint. then its just a matter of assembly. Hopefully, I'll be ready to join the cruise season in a few weeks.

I am SO exhausted today. I went to see Roger McGuinn in concert last night down in Virginia and I went to work as soon as I got home. No sleep at all yet. The concert was great, though. I realize most of you probably never heard of him. He was the frontman with The Byrds. If you don't know the name, you would probably recognize some of their songs (Mr. Tambeurine Man, Turn Turn Turn).