Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

Lea Thompson was in all of the "Back To The Future" movies. She played Marty's mother. She was also in "All The Right Moves" with Tom Cruise. She also had her own TV show called "Carolyn In The City". She's one of those actresses you see all the time but don't know the name.

Lea Thompson was in all of the "Back To The Future" movies. She played Marty's mother. She was also in "All The Right Moves" with Tom Cruise. She also had her own TV show called "Carolyn In The City". She's one of those actresses you see all the time but don't know the name.

She's still worthy of my attention. :hug:

How's the shoulder coming along? Hopefully, you're healing up and getting more range of motion back.

Going to be a busy weekend!

- I bought that van today that I was looking at earlier.

- Took a nap this afternoon because I'm going to a surprise birthday party tonight.

- Found out that my regular computer needs a new hard drive. Should be ready by Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, I'll make do with this dial-up back-up. Stone Knives and Bearskins indeed!

- This Sunday I'm taking my Dad to the Ravens game. He's never been to a football game so I'm treating him to lower section seats on the 50 yard line.

I am SO tired today! I got up Friday morning at 2:00 am to go to work. I worked until about 2:00 pm and then tried to take a nap but couldn't get to sleep. I got up around 4:30 and did about 2 hours of paperwork. Then I went to my best friend's surprise birthday party. It was a blast. Lots of booze and food and a really great DJ. I got out of there around 12:30 am and went home. I dozed off for about an hour until it was time to go to work again. So I went to work all wasted and exhausted. I drank about 6 huge cups of coffee as I got my drivers out of the warehouse. I then went home and had to field calls on my home office phone until about 12:30 pm. After that I just collapsed on my couch for a few hours. About 3:30 pm I got up and went to church. When I got home from that, I ate some dinner and know I'm sitting in front of the computer trying to keep my head from crashing through the monitor as I doze off. Normally I would be taking the car out for cruise night right about now but I'm way too exhausted. Gonna go to bed early tonight instead.

How's the shoulder coming along? Hopefully, you're healing up and getting more range of motion back.

The shoulder is comimg along nicely. The therapist says that I'm about a week ahead of schedule in my recovery... :hug:

I am SO tired today! I got up Friday morning at 2:00 am to go to work. I worked until about 2:00 pm and then tried to take a nap but couldn't get to sleep. I got up around 4:30 and did about 2 hours of paperwork. Then I went to my best friend's surprise birthday party. It was a blast. Lots of booze and food and a really great DJ. I got out of there around 12:30 am and went home. I dozed off for about an hour until it was time to go to work again. So I went to work all wasted and exhausted. I drank about 6 huge cups of coffee as I got my drivers out of the warehouse. I then went home and had to field calls on my home office phone until about 12:30 pm. After that I just collapsed on my couch for a few hours. About 3:30 pm I got up and went to church. When I got home from that, I ate some dinner and know I'm sitting in front of the computer trying to keep my head from crashing through the monitor as I doze off. Normally I would be taking the car out for cruise night right about now but I'm way too exhausted. Gonna go to bed early tonight instead.

The shoulder is comimg along nicely. The therapist says that I'm about a week ahead of schedule in my recovery... :hug:

That's excellent news! Who says as we get older, our recovery powers lessen?

Pretty busy last few days!

- The Ravens game I took my Dad to was great. He really enjoyed it. It was especially enjoyable for me since I don't see my Dad nearly enough.

- My hard drive is finally repaired so I put away my "stone knives and bearskins" dial-up internet and am back to my main computer.

- I picked up that new van that I bought on Monday. Afterwards I went to the Motor Vehicle Administration to get tags for it and to also get replacement tags for another one of my vans whose tag was stolen.

- Today I left the house early to get new tires on yet another one of my vans, then I went to physical therapy and then straight to the computer place to pick up my computer.

- The Baltimore Gas and Electric guy came over again today for the 7th or 8th time to fix my central air unit. Hopefully, this time he gets it right. Its a real shame that there is hardly any pride of workmanship left in this country.

Today I:

- Brought about 14.000 pounds of paper to the recycling plant.

- Took my new van to my mechanic to get inspected

- Went to my doctor's appointment for my shoulder. He told me its healing up nicely.

- Caught up on a lot of stuff I missed while my computer was down.

I had a great day today!

My wife and I took the Road Runner to a car show at a park right on the Chesapeake Bay. It was a beautiful park and the weather was great. By the time registration ended, there were well over 250 cars entered in the show. At the end of the day they gave out 30 trophies.......and I got one of them! The car club I belong to ended up with 5 out of the 30 trophies so we were very pleased to say the least!

thats where the test the navy planes right?

Not that I know of. I saw no planes at all yesterday. I did see several yachts and freighters out on the bay though.

I've had a pretty busy week and there is no end in sight!

- I had to fire two of my drivers last week. The first guy has been around for awhile. He screwed up because he didn't like a certain store manager that he delivered to because the manager had complained to me once about him. So when he made a delivery there, he wrote "Cry-Baby" on the package........sigh. I had no choice but to fire the idiot. The other guy was fairly new but called out this past Saturday when we had the heavy rain. I figure I might as well fire him now before winter sets in! So now I'm scrambling to replace these two. I'm doing interviews tomorrow so maybe I'll get lucky.

- This past Saturday night was the last night for the "cruise" season for muscle-cars. There is another spot I could go to but if the weather stays cold at night like it is now, most of us will probably pack it in until next spring. This means that most likely I will be making my triumphant return to the Saturday night chat... <_<

- My parents, aunt , uncle and my wife and myself all went to a German Oktoberfest yesterday. We had a great time. I ate a ton of brats and of course drank a lot of beer!

- I'm looking forward to Friday night when I am going with a friend of mine to see Three Dog Night. It should be a great show!

- I got a letter from the IRS telling me I owe them $3598 from.......1995...??? My tax attorney told me that he would take care of it. I hope he can!

- I went to see Three Dog Night this past Friday. Great concert!

- Had to fire another driver for being stupid

Not much else going on. Life drudges on....

let me kill the next driver you have to let go...please please please...oh PRETTY PLEASE!!!!?

:dude::dude::nono:

Somebody here has some disturbing thoughts!

now you see i was joking. the only way i'd be taken seroiusly is if i was going to blow something up and i don't know how to make a bomb. that being said i rest my case. *tosses briefcase onto the floor hard and leaves the room while slamming the door*

Lets see. Whats new?

- Last Friday, I went to see RAIN in concert. The greatest band in the world if you like Beatles music!

- I had a ticket to see the Ravens play this past Sunday but after the way they have been playing, I gave it away. I couldn't see sitting in the cold with a 4:00 pm game. If they were playing well, I probably would have braved it. I went to a Damon's restaurant/bar instead with a friend and watched it there.

- Work has been going ok. Haven't fired anybody in almost 2 weeks! Of course all this means is that the ceiling will cave in anytime now.........

- I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow about my shoulder. This will probably be my last week of physical therapy. Its coming along ok. It still hurts a bit but they gave me some exercises to do at home to stretch the muscle out a bit.

- I went to a concert last night with my wife and son. It was called the "Classical Mystery Tour" It was a Beatles tribute band backed by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. It was a really great show.

- I've been really busy at work. This time of year gets very hectic! We in the delivery business look forward to Jan 2nd. We call it the delivery person's holiday because everything returns to normal... :P

- After the holidays, I'm going to try to start my winter project on my car. This year, I will be pulling the motor out and dressing up the engine bay. While the motor is out,I'm going to put a larger camshaft in it to goose up the horsepower a bit.

- It was nice to have my son home for Thanksgiving even if it was for only a few days. He flew back to Maine this morning because classes resume on Monday.

Some car hints? If you already know them you can check out that I know my stuff:

While you have it tore down . . .

Set the timing marks to looking at each other on the crank and cam gears - don't have to muck up to reset the timing. Good time to put in a new timing chain and gear set. check the fuel pump and water pump - since you're already in the neighborhood, if there is any question, and you have to have all of them off anyway . . . saves having to do more work later . . . You also know how to re-do the rocker arm covers? redoing the gasket surface to get it to seal better and that you can get it to spring-load its self to do it?

Some car hints? If you already know them you can check out that I know my stuff:

While you have it tore down . . .

Set the timing marks to looking at each other on the crank and cam gears - don't have to muck up to reset the timing. Good time to put in a new timing chain and gear set. check the fuel pump and water pump - since you're already in the neighborhood, if there is any question, and you have to have all of them off anyway . . . saves having to do more work later . . . You also know how to re-do the rocker arm covers? redoing the gasket surface to get it to seal better and that you can get it to spring-load its self to do it?

WOW! Another car techie! Very good suggestions, T'Lynne! Thanks!.. :P

- I've been trying to get all of my Christmas shopping done. So far, I've managed to do it all online. One present I got for my son arrived yesterday. Its really cool. Its an actual foot claw from a real veloceraptor. Its not as big as the one worn around the neck by that guy from Jurassic Park but its a good 1 1/2 inches long. You can still see the blood vessels in it and everything. I also have some veloceraptor teeth coming in the mail from a fossil dealer in Australia. I hope Eric likes them cause they cost a fortune!

- Work is continuing to be busy with the holiday season and all.

- This upcoming Monday night I'm going to see Jethro Tull in concert. I've seen them a few times and its always a great concert so I'm looking forward to that!

Nothing much new to report. With the holidays upon us, my work load just about triples so I don't have too much time for anything else. We in the delivery business celebrate January 2nd as the Delivery Person's holiday because everything goes back to normal.... :(

- I did have time to see Jethro Tull in concert this past Monday. It was a great show. I'm picturing our younger members here scratching their heads right about now wondering who I'm talking about...... :lol:

- The veloceraptor teeth I ordered for my son came in the other day. It was a set of 3 actual teeth. Pretty cool looking. Their teeth resembled shark teeth. Very pointy with serrated edges.

- Yesterday's weather called for a light dusting of snow. By 8:00 pm last night, we had over 3 inches... :huh:

Lot of fun to drive in last night.

-As soon as the holidays are over,I'm going to start on the winter project for the Road Runner. I've already ordered the parts I'll need so I just have to get it going.

- I had some time yesterday so I went over to my garage and pulled the motor out of the Road Runner and put it on an engine stand. After I pull the rest of the stuff out of the engine bay, I'll sand it down and then get a friend of mine to shoot the paint.

- Watched the Raven's game last night..... :laugh: .....All I ask is that next week we don't give the Dolphins their first win..........sigh..........

- I bought a display frame for all of those fossils I bought for my son Eric for Christmas. I think he's gonna like it!

Pretty busy the last few days.

- Yesterday we dodged a big bullet weather-wise. We were supposed to have a huge ice storm but it never got cold enough so all we got was a lot of rain.

- We went out yesterday and got a Christmas tree. We started decorating it today. With all of these Trek ornaments I have, I may have to get another small tree just to hang them on!

- I feel like puking today after watching the Ravens give the Dolphins their first win...... :laugh:

- I bought $25 gas cards for all of my drivers. They came in the mail yesterday. Now I have to buy some cards. I'm going to put the gas card in the Christmas card and wrap a pair of company winter gloves around the whole thing.

- I'm looking forward to my son Eric coming home on Wednesday from college for the semester break. Unfortunately, he's only going to be here for 11 days. Then he will fly to Minnesota and hook up with my sister's family. They will then fly to San Francisco on New Years Eve to board a cruise ship there which will take them to Hawaii. He's going to have a great time. The only thing I'm sad about is that his 21st birthday will be on 1/3/2008 and he'll be on a cruise ship and I'll be here. Thats a pretty important birthday that I'll be missing but what the heck can I do? I can't deny him this adventure.

- I still haven't gotten back to the car yet with everything going on and the nasty weather. But I'm in no hurry. I won't be driving the car until Spring anyway so there is no rush. I did order about $1500 worth of parts though. Thats one of my Christmas presents to myself... :lol:

- Watched the Raven's game last night..... :laugh: .....All I ask is that next week we don't give the Dolphins their first win..........sigh..........

- I bought a display frame for all of those fossils I bought for my son Eric for Christmas. I think he's gonna like it!

I'm very impressed with all your fossil purchases. Do you get certificates of authenticity with the fossils? And how many are from Jurassic Park? :)

- We went out yesterday and got a Christmas tree. We started decorating it today. With all of these Trek ornaments I have, I may have to get another small tree just to hang them on!

- I feel like puking today after watching the Ravens give the Dolphins their first win...... :lol:

- I'm looking forward to my son Eric coming home on Wednesday from college for the semester break. Unfortunately, he's only going to be here for 11 days. ... only thing I'm sad about is that his 21st birthday will be on 1/3/2008 and he'll be on a cruise ship and I'll be here. Thats a pretty important birthday that I'll be missing but what the heck can I do? I can't deny him this adventure.

My sympathies on the Raven's loss. If it's any consolation there's plenty of puking (and choking) going on in Chicago concerning the Bear's season. :( :)

You should post a picture of your tree with the Trek ornaments on it if you feel like it. I'm sure that would cheer everyone up!

At least Eric is home for a while with you. I'm sure you'll have a great time! (Trivia note: I celebrated my 21st (in part) going to a Chicago concert {the group, not the city}) :)